Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Fur Babies & other critters (the pets thread)

i1iTNSq.gif

As the sun was setting last night, a lot unfamiliar flying critters swarmed the jacaranda trees outside our third-floor windows. They looked like tiny hummingbirds and were flitting from blossom to blossom, sipping nectar. My husband, cat and I watched. It was too dark to get pictures but Google helped identify them. We never knew Hummingbird Hawk Moths existed. And here I'd been thinking that after 11 years here, nothing new was going to show up in the jacarandas. They were beautiful!

Edit: One more showed up tonight. My husband got a couple of poor quality photos through the double glass of a sliding window and then a wren-sized bird swooped in and ate the moth. :uhoh: Apparently they're a delicacy.

Last edited:
So my american shorthair cosmo is a real cheap date with the catnip. I grow it once in a while, and it drives him literally insane. The first couple of times I introduced it to him, he ate the whole potted plant. Now I just give him a sprig once in a while, when he's outside so he doesn't know where the source is. I think he has an idea that it's in my grow tent but he also knows if he scratches his way in he's going to get his little furry ass handed to him. I've never seen a reaction this intense, it made me do some research to see if it's toxic or cruel in any way. He certainly seems to appreciate it, and from what I can tell the ASPCA is wrong about its toxicity. It doesn't affect all cats, it's genetic and harmless and a whole lot of fun.

kubgJv3.jpg

Stock photo but this is what he looks like after the comedown:buzz:

:sleeping:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back