Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Fur Babies & other critters (the pets thread)

So I've been taking dumps outside lately because Sierra is hogging the bathroom all fucking day.

"Playing dress-up" "Putting her face on." Her words, not mine.

So I made friends with this racoon.

It started one night while I was outside taking a piss and he brushed up on my leg.

Now, usually, racoons travel in groups. This one, clearly has been a pet.

So one of my windows has a screen that is mostly broken. So he broke in.

Sierra and I got home the other day and he's laying there on the couch as though it's exactly where he shold be.

For reasons I don't understand - The three cats I live with, Hesh and Conan and Milhouse, accepted him.

So I'm currently looking at Sierra, surrouned by three cats, and a fucking racoon, on a twin bed. Where the fuck am I supposed to sleep?

In North Carolina, it's technically illegal to have a racoon as a "pet." So if anything happens to him .... I'm fucked.

He likes cat food.

So I'm currently looking at Sierra, surrouned by three cats, and a fucking racoon, on a twin bed. Where the fuck am I supposed to sleep?

In North Carolina, it's technically illegal to have a racoon as a "pet." So if anything happens to him .... I'm fucked.

He likes cat food.
The thing I'd be a little worried about is rabies.... don't know that I'd be as welcoming lol...

daily_picdump_3840_640_high_03.jpg

Rabies and racoons is a bit of a myth, mom. I mean no offence. But look it up. It's the same with bats. I have a shit ton of bats flying around my house and one of them even got inside one day. He spent the day inside and then flew out that evening.

This little guy ... no rabies. He just wants friends and cuddles.

I do appreciate the suggestion. But racoons are adorble.

I don't mean to say that wild animals can't pick up rabies, but this guy, no. He just wants to be loved.

I'm sorry if I came across as a dick in my post in this thread, @momofthegoons.

It's just that I love racoons.

One of my cats is a "Maine Coon."

Not a fan of that term but that's what they're called.

While cooking breakfast for lady friend this morning, "Rocket" the racoon was pawing all over me wanting onions. And wants to go outside to do his business lol.

Yes, I named him Rocket.

So Rocket the Racoon is still living with me ... sort of.

He goes out when the sun starts to set and he's out all night doing his racoon stuff. There is a tear in the screen door of my second story porch - courtesy of the cats - and Rocket has decided to use it as well. He just climbs down one of the porch posts and off he goes. I don't know what he's up to, exactly, other than bringing down the neighbor's bird feeder. I was talking to that guy about it and now he just leaves bird food in a bucket underneath the feeder so that he doesn't have to keep hanging the bird feeder back up. I guess the squirrels were also a problem he had.

In the morning, generally, Rocket is out there sitting on this bedding / shelter I've made for him. When he hears me wake up, he sits by the screen door and waits for me to call him in.

So he'll come in, sniff around, sniff the cats, and he actually pets them. He rubs his paws gently against them for whatever reason. Racoons have incredible dexterity with their front paws. I think he enjoys the shelter and security of being indoors.

Then he'll go to his dish and eat whatever snack I left for him. Then he'll go to his indoor bed - or my bed if lady friend is still asleep - and snuggle in and sleep all day. Kind of like me in my 20's.

And there has never been any racoon poop or pee found in my house. Whoever trained him and kept him as a pet did a great job - until they fucking abandoned him.

But it's not all ice cream and gravy. If he decides to be active during the daytime, we have to keep him entertained or he will destroy the house. They are way more intelligent than they are given credit for and get bored easily and will fuck shit up if you don't give them any projects to work on.

So Sierra and I did some research, and since the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, there's been a boom of keeping racoons as pets. Now, you can find some positive examples, but most people will tell you that racoons are horrible pets. Unless they're permanently injured or old as fuck, they will destroy your home, open up fridges and cupboards, claw your furniture, etc. They are wild animals not meant to be pets.

It's like rich people keeping tigers and elephants for pets. Not a good idea.

The other day, Rocket tore apart my copies of Lord of the Rings and Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark - just because he was bored.

They are crazy cute and wicked smart ... but they are not meant to be pets. Unless you work at home, they are terrible pets because they're so intelligent that they need constant stimulation and distraction ... or else they'll figure out their own way to have fun.

But he's used to being cared for so I don't know what to do.

You know what are good pets? Rats. Yes, rats. If you can get over your fear of rats and their tails, they are maybe the best small animal pet. They can be pests, yes, but if you get to them when they are young, they are so loving, and so adorable, and so loyal. They crave love. And love beer. And they're smart as a horse. If I were to ever have children, their first pet would be a rat.

So i been looking after my mums dog since thursday.. her name is tilly and she is as weird as they come... has only ever been around my mother so doesn't even realise she is a dog... and doesnt much like humans either...
But she is lovely and obedient and very affectionate to us...

IMG_20211003_143847_310.jpg

IMG_20211003_143507_742.jpg

20211004_153338.jpg

This visit from tilly has coincided with a particularly stressful time im having right now... a dog really helps with stress... i wish we could have a dog full time but work just wont allow it.. wouldnt be fair...
Tilly went home last night and i missing her lots already....
On the plus side my parents plan to spend more time away.. its their first stay in a hotel and they are 64 years old.. never been abroad either... so now they know tilly is perfectly happy with us, they are planning more.. trip to sweden in november maybe coming up... i want more dog in our lives.....

Yet another animal experience.

So one of my cats, Hesh, is 17 and blind as fuck. He started going blind about a year ago and 6 months ago I noticed it was a serious problem because he kept bumping into shit.

So I arranged the house so he had free and clear paths from his bed to my bed to the litter boxes to his food and water and to his other bed and everywhere else. The whole house is arranged with everything against the wall so he can get around.

One big issue was the porch. It's a second story porch so I fenced it in. I didn't buy quite enough fencing for one little section so I put up some old plywood and some big ass cardboard boxes. But there was a storm and somehow all that shit ended up on the ground.

So Hesh decides to go sniffing around ... and he falls off the porch. It's not high enough to be dangerous, but he's blind.

Sierra and I see it happen and I rush outside and I'm there within ten fucking seconds. He was gone. Like abducted by aliens gone.

The front of my house leads to a ravine with trees up the ass - no way he went down there. Two sides lead up the mountain and even rabbits have difficulty getting up there. The fourth side is the open field side ... the only thing there is my car. And he wasn't under my car.

So Sierra is freaking out and that's not helping anything. I tell her to just stay on the porch and keep a lookout.

A few minutes later, I hear him. He had somehow found his way down the ravine. And Rocket the Racoon was laying next to him keeping him off the road. So I picked him up and carried him back home. Sierra and I then immediately went to Lowe's and then fenced in the little section.

I just find it amazing how animals will look out for each other once they become friends.

Hesh is fine, by the way. And Rocket got extra hugs and treats from Sierra.

Yet another animal experience.

So one of my cats, Hesh, is 17 and blind as fuck. He started going blind about a year ago and 6 months ago I noticed it was a serious problem because he kept bumping into shit.

So I arranged the house so he had free and clear paths from his bed to my bed to the litter boxes to his food and water and to his other bed and everywhere else. The whole house is arranged with everything against the wall so he can get around.

One big issue was the porch. It's a second story porch so I fenced it in. I didn't buy quite enough fencing for one little section so I put up some old plywood and some big ass cardboard boxes. But there was a storm and somehow all that shit ended up on the ground.

So Hesh decides to go sniffing around ... and he falls off the porch. It's not high enough to be dangerous, but he's blind.

Sierra and I see it happen and I rush outside and I'm there within ten fucking seconds. He was gone. Like abducted by aliens gone.

The front of my house leads to a ravine with trees up the ass - no way he went down there. Two sides lead up the mountain and even rabbits have difficulty getting up there. The fourth side is the open field side ... the only thing there is my car. And he wasn't under my car.

So Sierra is freaking out and that's not helping anything. I tell her to just stay on the porch and keep a lookout.

A few minutes later, I hear him. He had somehow found his way down the ravine. And Rocket the Racoon was laying next to him keeping him off the road. So I picked him up and carried him back home. Sierra and I then immediately went to Lowe's and then fenced in the little section.

I just find it amazing how animals will look out for each other once they become friends.

Hesh is fine, by the way. And Rocket got extra hugs and treats from Sierra.

Glad to hear he is ok

IMG_20211004_195905.jpg

This is why I never get my chair
Team work

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back