Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
When I need a high volume grinder I use an old coffee grinder.

I pulse it and keep checking until I get the grind I want, because you could grind into dust if you went too long.

Mostly I use my slx grinder and it suits me fine.
Lol

I have used a $12 electric coffee grinder for years
Works well, as you say just need to be careful not to dust it
Lol

I agree, a low speed shred would be ideal.

The Lift was in my basket for a while precisely because it looked to me like it cut the herb rather than ground it relative to most conventional grinders. The many reviews made it out as being less than life changing though, so better sense told me that one > $100 grinder in the stable should be enough. Funny how that doesn't seem to apply to vaporizers to me.

A quick shout out to the MF finishing grinder. Some devices seem to really prefer a finely ground product. This little thing seems to fill that niche nicely. My only complaint being it's micro size. It's OK for individual sessions, but due to its size I get really bad hand cramps during prolonged use.

Last edited:
@momofthegoons you mentioned something that caught my attention, maybe others can weigh in also. You mentioned that you don't grind a lot, so you don't need a big grinder.

My interest in a large grinder is because I feel like you have more of a mechanical advantage grinding with a larger grinder compared to a small one, thus, less effort. I also don't grind a lot, but doesn't it seem like larger grinders don't get caked up as quickly?

Truly curious to hear everyone's ideas on the use of a large grinder, regardless of the amount of herb packed. Maybe I just pack my smaller grinders too full, and that's why they get jammed up quickly and are more difficult to turn. :confused:

@momofthegoons you mentioned something that caught my attention, maybe others can weigh in also. You mentioned that you don't grind a lot, so you don't need a big grinder.

My interest in a large grinder is because I feel like you have more of a mechanical advantage grinding with a larger grinder compared to a small one, thus, less effort. I also don't grind a lot, but doesn't it seem like larger grinders don't get caked up as quickly?

Truly curious to hear everyone's ideas on the use of a large grinder, regardless of the amount of herb packed. Maybe I just pack my smaller grinders too full, and that's why they get jammed up quickly and are more difficult to turn. :confused:

I have nerve damage in both arms/ hands.To me a bigger grinder is easier to use. Precisely due to what you have stated. Mechanically it requires less effort.

Plus, less spilled herb.

The colors on the bcg are beautiful. I want the amethyst in the worst way. I prefer 3 inches and four chambers, but would look past all of that for a bcg in amethyst. Or maybe emerald. Or sapphire.
I still love my 4 " grinder from 7th Floor, but can't figure out how to use it. I'm wondering if one of those kitchen tools for opening jars would help, and I could start using it regularly.

No problem with a larger grinder, a mechanical advantage is helpful when grinding any sized load, even my large SL/x is way too small for my needs.
Interesting that most users that own all plated like the medium grind plate the best.

Hopefully it will not be an issue at all if GFL use perimeter magnets on the updated lager model that people keep teasing about.

And @ataxian I use my 88mm Titanium SpaceCase, hard to beat the size for ease of turning (plus it holds a lot)
I like my cheap 1” grinder for a quick rip! (PINK)
My 4” grinder after harvest or a session is needed! (BLACK)
My 2 1/2 Is standard! (UNPAINTED) material color?
Scissor’s are no longer needed with modern thinking?

@Madri-Gal I have a purple two piece From COMPTON, CA
Need to break it out?
Whatever float’s your pool toy?
My wife think’s ll’m out there !
SHE is right!

Last edited:
I like my cheap 1” grinder for a quick rip! (PINK)
My 4” grinder after harvest or a session is needed! (BLACK)
My 2 1/2 Is standard! (UNPAINTED) material color?
Scissor’s are no longer needed with modern thinking?

@Madri-Gal I have a purple two piece From COMPTON, CA
Need to break it out?
Whatever float’s your pool toy?
My wife think’sI’ll out there !
SHE is right!
The Purple two piece sounds sexxy sexxy, @ataxian.
Don't forget to get your grind on.

The colors on the bcg are beautiful. I want the amethyst in the worst way. I prefer 3 inches and four chambers, but would look past all of that for a bcg in amethyst. Or maybe emerald. Or sapphire.
I still love my 4 " grinder from 7th Floor, but can't figure out how to use it. I'm wondering if one of those kitchen tools for opening jars would help, and I could start using it regularly.
No way!! You are like the only one I've heard mention the 4" 7th floor grinder, which is one I've been very interested in! Way less cost than the 4" SCS, and it's powder coated on exterior surfaces only, so no anodizing to wear off of teeth.

What about the grinder isn't working for you? The threads are just stuck, or the top won't actually grind?

No way!! You are like the only one I've heard mention the 4" 7th floor grinder, which is one I've been very interested in! Way less cost than the 4" SCS, and it's powder coated on exterior surfaces only, so no anodizing to wear off of teeth.

What about the grinder isn't working for you? The threads are just stuck, or the top won't actually grind?
It's a beautiful grinder that grinds beautifully. The fault is mine. I've got small hands, and have trouble getting a grip on the grinder. There has been a time or two where I over tightened the top and couldn't get a hold to open it. It just sat there, locked and full of weed. Waiting for the usual @Madri-Guy rescue didn't help, as his hands aren't much bigger than mine. Now, I love this grinder. It makes chunky nugs fluffy buds. It looks good. It's solid. The teeth can hurt you, and the powder coating gives it a luxe feel. If I didn't own this grinder, I would buy this grinder. I would even pay extra to get my name printed on it, so everyone would know the grinder and I are one. It's a wonder to behold, but I can't hold it. Madri-Guy can't help, and it isn't the sort of thing you ask a neighbor to help with the way you might a stuck pickle jar. I've thought of one of those rubber kitchen jar opener thingies, but I don't own one and can't buy one because I don't know what they are called ( Trust me on this, DO NOT Google "rubber thingie" -it will just end up upsetting you, and your weed will still be trapped in the grinder). It really does make you appreciate how well made the grinder is. There really isn't another way in. You do have to unscrew the top. I've thought of a vice grip and one of those big plumber wrenches. It seems like they might be part of a clever back up plan, but I can't figure out how to set anything up without a workbench, which I also don't have. I've thought of buying a smaller 7th Floor grinder, such as the 3 inch, but what if the extra inch makes all the difference? I think my next grinder will be BCG. I am quite taken with the amethyst. Or emerald. Maybe sapphire.

For sure I've bought my last $25.00 grinder. Unless it's for a gift. I give crappy gifts. I'm not proud, but I figure it's lucky they don't get a $10.00 grinder. Or one of the plastic freebies you get for joining your dispensery. Peel the label off = Gift. For me, I want to spend bragging money and have an awesome color selection. It's just a sign of a poor self esteem to not treat yourself as if you are special. I know all about low self esteem, and ways to buy your way out of it. No where does it say I have to get crazy giving gifts to other people. With the Brilliant Cut Grinder, there is almost no way to guess at someone else's favorite color combination and grind plate. It was hard for me to decide, and I know what I like, have effortless good taste, and am used to making snap decisions. It would be impossible to select for someone else. It would only lead to disappointment for the recipient. In my experience, people aren't disappointed in the plastic grinder regift. Perplexed is common. Usually people are polite enough not to say something to your face, and I figure if someone is talking behind my back for trying to give a gift, well...I just don't know what to think. That is so unkind. For sure they won't get any more gifts. You almost hate to give gift knowing someone could act that way.

Last edited:
I think a big grinder can be good for storage, or bigger loads and of course there is mechanics of it to help
This is not always an advantage when reading @Madri-Gal post

The BCG is still the smoothest and easiest to use I've ever tried even at its size
I've only tried a large space case before, but the BCG beats it hands down even though it's smaller

So material and design are also at play here, not just size

The first time I used it I mentioned it being harder to start than the shred
This was because I had oily hands I found out since using more
The shred has scalloped edges for grip, the BCG is smooth
Using the BCG with no coconut oil on my hands and it starts freely as can be

A larger one would be nice for packing weed from the bottom but it works nicely as is

It's a beautiful grinder that grinds beautifully. The fault is mine. I've got small hands, and have trouble getting a grip on the grinder. There has been a time or two where I over tightened the top and couldn't get a hold to open it. It just sat there, locked and full of weed. Waiting for the usual @Madri-Guy rescue didn't help, as his hands aren't much bigger than mine. Now, I love this grinder. It makes chunky nugs fluffy buds. It looks good. It's solid. The teeth can hurt you, and the powder coating gives it a luxe feel. If I didn't own this grinder, I would buy this grinder. I would even pay extra to get my name printed on it, so everyone would know the grinder and I are one. It's a wonder to behold, but I can't hold it. Madri-Guy can't help, and it isn't the sort of thing you ask a neighbor to help with the way you might a stuck pickle jar. I've thought of one of those rubber kitchen jar opener thingies, but I don't own one and can't buy one because I don't know what they are called ( Trust me on this, DO NOT Google "rubber thingie" -it will just end up upsetting you, and your weed will still be trapped in the grinder). It really does make you appreciate how well made the grinder is. There really isn't another way in. You do have to unscrew the top. I've thought of a vice grip and one of those big plumber wrenches. It seems like they might be part of a clever back up plan, but I can't figure out how to set anything up without a workbench, which I also don't have. I've thought of buying a smaller 7th Floor grinder, such as the 3 inch, but what if the extra inch makes all the difference? I think my next grinder will be BCG. I am quite taken with the amethyst. Or emerald. Maybe sapphire.

For sure I've bought my last $25.00 grinder. Unless it's for a gift. I give crappy gifts. I'm not proud, but I figure it's lucky they don't get a $10.00 grinder. Or one of the plastic freebies you get for joining your dispensery. Peel the label off = Gift. For me, I want to spend bragging money and have an awesome color selection. It's just a sign of a poor self esteem to not treat yourself as if you are special. I know all about low self esteem, and ways to buy your way out of it. No where does it say I have to get crazy giving gifts to other people. With the Brilliant Cut Grinder, there is almost no way to guess at someone else's favorite color combination and grind plate. It was hard for me to decide, and I know what I like, have effortless good taste, and am used to making snap decisions. It would be impossible to select for someone else. It would only lead to disappointment for the recipient. In my experience, people aren't disappointed in the plastic grinder regift. Perplexed is common. Usually people are polite enough not to say something to your face, and I figure if someone is talking behind my back for trying to give a gift, well...I just don't know what to think. That is so unkind. For sure they won't get any more gifts. You almost hate to give gift knowing someone could act that way.
You need more mechanical advantage to open up the grinder. Couple of ideas:
- take the top off the grinder and empty as much of the ground herb into a different container as you can.
- if you have a silicon pot holder, place it on a counter top, silicon side up and place your grinder on it without the top, so that the bottom grind plate is touching the silicon mat. This is where emptying the grinder out ahead of time will prevent more of a mess.
- put your weight into the grinder and turn to try and get the plate separate from the grinder.

If you don't have a silicon pot holder, do you have two leather belts? Place one belt on the top grind place and one belt on the herb chamber. Pull on the belts in opposing directions to try and break it loose.

The tool that you are thinking, and what you are trying to achieve with the two belts, is essentially a strap wrench. It's a piece of rubber with a handle designed to turn round objects without biting into the surface, like what would happen with a pair of vise grips.

Check it out.
Strap wrench for $5

:headbang:

You need more mechanical advantage to open up the grinder. Couple of ideas:
- take the top off the grinder and empty as much of the ground herb into a different container as you can.
- if you have a silicon pot holder, place it on a counter top, silicon side up and place your grinder on it without the top, so that the bottom grind plate is touching the silicon mat. This is where emptying the grinder out ahead of time will prevent more of a mess.
- put your weight into the grinder and turn to try and get the plate separate from the grinder.

If you don't have a silicon pot holder, do you have two leather belts? Place one belt on the top grind place and one belt on the herb chamber. Pull on the belts in opposing directions to try and break it loose.

The tool that you are thinking, and what you are trying to achieve with the two belts, is essentially a strap wrench. It's a piece of rubber with a handle designed to turn round objects without biting into the surface, like what would happen with a pair of vise grips.

Check it out.
Strap wrench for $5

:headbang:
I have a set of those rubber jar thingies. Pampered Chef used to sell them, but Lee Valley an Amazon still have them. I've given several sets away as Xmas stocking stuffers. They are very handy and I use mine all the time.

Amazon product ASIN B00F67TLFC
Thank you, @Squiby . It might help. Kind of grip and grind.
downloadfile-10.gif

Last edited:
BCG Bling huh?
Only their marketing with the flashy colours, I have only heard of a couple of people that don't love it, they still have it in their top 2 though, sounds like the SCS is a close second from reports...oh, and the magnet post is annoying to a few on the BCG.

Last edited:
Only their marketing with the flashy colours, I have only heard of a couple of people that don't love it, they still have it in their top 2 though, sounds like the SCS is a close second from reports...oh, and the magnet post is annoying to a few on the BVG.
For me it was a toss up between a large SCS or the BCG
I'm sure I'd have been satisfied with either, but am happy with my choice

I have come close to getting a large SCS but am patiently waiting for a new larger model from BCG...for now.

I have come close to getting a large SCS but am patiently waiting for a new larger model from BCG...for now.
I considered the slx until you had issues with your new one you bought
Then I waited for sales to choose between large SCS or the BCG
Happy I waited and happy with the choice
Troy's words ring true when I use it where he said buttery smooth

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back