Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Help me get set up please

Kellya86

Herb Gardener.....
So concentrates are becoming far more readily available, and far cheaper, lately in the uk..
The evo with quartz nails cannot handle the size of dabs i wanna do, i killed an evo like this.. i need to finally get a dab rig..
Its a minefield out there i have no idea what im doing...
Was looking at flowerpot but seems id only use it for trates so not needed.. needless expense maybe..
I just want a faily decent setup for about 400 if possible..
Dont wanna buy from dhgate.. ideally something i can buy here in uk..
I have glass.. so just need controller, coil and a nail or something right.. whats a banger and why is it all about balls now..

Any help will be massivley appreciated..

Edit.. what about this...

^^^ is this upgradable??

Last edited:
So many options mate
If you are getting a ball vape like you were looking you will only need one PID for both that and a nail
Unless you went with an erig
Or there is terp blenders and terp slurper bangers that I have recently found and are cheap but torched - amazing one draw cloud and done with brilliant taste though
710 coils does a coil slurper - I'm not sure how well they work

It's so hard to tell you what to do
I'll say I have bangers, bangers with coils, a dnail halo sic on a coil, a Carta erig, various smaller trate rigs, an ispire Daab (modded with a 15mm sic bucket) and some others

All I've used for ages is my Daab with sic mod
I love it

Before that though it was pretty much my dnail halo sic
I didn't like banger etc as they were harder to keep clean

The terp blender/slurpers I recently tried just because I saw a Troy video
I got a cheap $20usd one and wow
I'm so impressed for the price
The balls spin so fast and just vape the rosin into one big cloud in one quick smooth and tasty AF draw
Reasonably quick and easy clean up for a banger too
I'm truly amazed and I hate torches but it's easy with an IR thermometer gun
If someone was on a budget this is now where I would send them first as it's cheap as chips and the quality rivals my expensive rigs

So for $20 USD and a torch (as you have glass) you could get in mate

Or ispire Daab is cheap from sourcemore and can be sic bucket modded with a jcvap puffco peak polished sic dish

There of course are options like the halo (probably get the nimbus now which @LesPlenty has) which I used to use all the time as it tastes good, hits hard and is super easy as it self cleans
The PID that runs your baller will run this dish also

Also many other options people can chime in about
Puffco peak pro is expensive as is the Carta 2 but both are meant to be amazing
These are just my experiences

So many options mate
If you are getting a ball vape like you were looking you will only need one PID for both that and a nail
Unless you went with an erig
Or there is terp blenders and terp slurper bangers that I have recently found and are cheap but torched - amazing one draw cloud and done with brilliant taste though
710 coils does a coil slurper - I'm not sure how well they work

It's so hard to tell you what to do
I'll say I have bangers, bangers with coils, a dnail halo sic on a coil, a Carta erig, various smaller trate rigs, an ispire Daab (modded with a 15mm sic bucket) and some others

All I've used for ages is my Daab with sic mod
I love it

Before that though it was pretty much my dnail halo sic
I didn't like banger etc as they were harder to keep clean

The terp blender/slurpers I recently tried just because I saw a Troy video
I got a cheap $20usd one and wow
I'm so impressed for the price
The balls spin so fast and just vape the rosin into one big cloud in one quick smooth and tasty AF draw
Reasonably quick and easy clean up for a banger too
I'm truly amazed and I hate torches but it's easy with an IR thermometer gun
If someone was on a budget this is now where I would send them first as it's cheap as chips and the quality rivals my expensive rigs

So for $20 USD and a torch (as you have glass) you could get in mate

Or ispire Daab is cheap from sourcemore and can be sic bucket modded with a jcvap puffco peak polished sic dish

There of course are options like the halo (probably get the nimbus now which @LesPlenty has) which I used to use all the time as it tastes good, hits hard and is super easy as it self cleans
The PID that runs your baller will run this dish also

Also many other options people can chime in about
Puffco peak pro is expensive as is the Carta 2 but both are meant to be amazing
These are just my experiences
Right so quartz clearly sucks arse then.. so i wanna be going for sic yes ?
So that one from vapefiend i linked cannot be upgraded with better dishes and things ?

I will keep looking for better kits.. are all controllers basically equal ?

Right so quartz clearly sucks arse then.. so i wanna be going for sic yes ?
So that one from vapefiend i linked cannot be upgraded with better dishes and things ?

I will keep looking for better kits.. are all controllers basically equal ?
Okay sorry I missed your edit

Yes, that would be upgradable, but I would buy something else
Most controllers are from china and comparable to each other
Auber are still Chinese parts but they have better programming and I like the turn knob controls
Auber cost about double what a Chinese one will
That one you linked is a Chinese one of some kind
If you want to save money I would get a pid from AliExpress and I can link a few decent ones between $80-130 AUD
Auber are about $220 AUD but are top of the range
Essentially though either will do the same thing

You only need a controller if you look at an enail or halo sic type thing or a quartz banger and coil (or your baller - a B2 or Taroma can take dabs too, just not the top way to do it for flavour)

Many people like quartz - I just cbf as it is more to clean - although the slurpers/blenders I mentioned are easy for some reason

Sic/aln are easy clean and taste good surfaces
Some ceramic chamber devices are doing well too

Erigs are an all in one
Halo sic will want a coil and pid
Slurpers/blenders are torch

I will add here before any ppl start - you can if course use a DV or some weed vapes for your trates
Some people like this method

I prefer dab styles and have been giving you that information as I was under the impression that was what you were looking at and asking about

Okay sorry I missed your edit

Yes, that would be upgradable, but I would buy something else
Most controllers are from china and comparable to each other
Auber are still Chinese parts but they have better programming and I like the turn knob controls
Auber cost about double what a Chinese one will
That one you linked is a Chinese one of some kind
If you want to save money I would get a pid from AliExpress and I can link a few decent ones between $80-130 AUD
Auber are about $220 AUD but are top of the range
Essentially though either will do the same thing

You only need a controller if you look at an enail or halo sic type thing or a quartz banger and coil (or your baller - a B2 or Taroma can take dabs too, just not the top way to do it for flavour)

Many people like quartz - I just cbf as it is more to clean - although the slurpers/blenders I mentioned are easy for some reason

Sic/aln are easy clean and taste good surfaces
Some ceramic chamber devices are doing well too

Erigs are an all in one
Halo sic will want a coil and pid
Slurpers/blenders are torch

I will add here before any ppl start - you can if course use a DV or some weed vapes for your trates
Some people like this method

I prefer dab styles and have been giving you that information as I was under the impression that was what you were looking at and asking about
Your helo is much appreciated.. im just strugging to find these things for sale in the uk.. and up till now i have been loading the vapcaps and evo with goo.. but wanted something more designed to do it..
The puffco pro is something i can buy here..
I will do more learning and searchingnon the items you mentioned..
Thanks again..

Your helo is much appreciated.. im just strugging to find these things for sale in the uk.. and up till now i have been loading the vapcaps and evo with goo.. but wanted something more designed to do it..
The puffco pro is something i can buy here..
I will do more learning and searchingnon the items you mentioned..
Thanks again..
Pufco pro and Carta 2 are expensive but good
The Daab is IH and with the sic mod is pretty brilliant for less money and no attys to ever replace plus it has replaceable batteries (this is my main used for a while now) - sourcemore have been amazing for CS and free replacement glass for me
Halo nimbus is good on the coil route if you like easy and self clean sic
Slerpers/bangers cheap AF and comparable experience with amazing flavour, just uses a torch (best budget buy)

Chinese pids are best from AliExpress and you get the warranty
Auber I get from them in USA
I buy most of stuff overseas and have no issue with warranties if the company is good
My taroma hits similar to dabs with weed and does reasonably decent job of dabs too

@LesPlenty will have some input I'm sure when he's around

That post started me on the quartz banger trip when I started, first rig I got, was also the first rig I have away because I am not one to clean quartz
It also had me spend much more than I needed in the long run
But yea
Says similar to what I did without the links

I mentioned 710 and the Auber pids
However chinese pids I have put in other hands have never failed them yet and are half the price (I do like my Auber though)
710 however is quartz and for me a pita to clean etc long term (except these new slerpers/blenders, but they are more work than a polished sic anything)

If we are going basic
He has glass
A sleeper/blender banger for $20 USD and it is far superior to any other banger I've tried - but it does require a torch due to the design except for 710 has an "slurp-e" with a coil
If going quartz and 710 I would say one of these
Better style banger than old by tens of miles

My Daab has reiterd all the other stuff I bought
The budget recommendation I've been giving ppl in the real world lately is a slurper/blender banger and torch though

If they have cash I look at Daab/peak pro/Carta 2/dab lamp styles

But yea there is info from Baron there that was up to date at the time

The one shared from vapefiend is a Chinese PID and nail though @Kellya86 and you could buy the same from AliExpress for $100aud

Lots for you to read and research
Hard not to get caught in the trap and buy stuff that long term you will not use though

I guess we can start with what do you want from a rig
With your needs/wants maybe we can suggest more directly plus a budget (which you did mention around $400)

I like flavour, hits that don't wisp on for ages and are done in one or two draws and a very easy clean up with buggar all maintenance

Last edited:
That post started me on the quartz banger trip when I started, first rig I got, was also the first rig I have away because I am not one to clean quartz
It also had me spend much more than I needed in the long run
But yea
Says similar to what I did without the links

I mentioned 710 and the Auber pids
However chinese pids I have put in other hands have never failed them yet and are half the price (I do like my Auber though)
710 however is quartz and for me a pita to clean etc long term (except these new slerpers/blenders, but they are more work than a polished sic anything)

If we are going basic
He has glass
A sleeper/blender banger for $20 USD and it is far superior to any other banger I've tried - but it does require a torch due to the design except for 710 has an "slurp-e" with a coil
If going quartz and 710 I would say one of these
Better style banger than old by tens of miles

My Daab has reiterd all the other stuff I bought
The budget recommendation I've been giving ppl in the real world lately is a slurper/blender banger and torch though

If they have cash I look at Daab/peak pro/Carta 2/dab lamp styles

But yea there is info from Baron there that was up to date at the time

The one shared from vapefiend is a Chinese PID and nail though @Kellya86 and you could buy the same from AliExpress for $100aud

Lots for you to read and research
Hard not to get caught in the trap and buy stuff that long term you will not use though

I guess we can start with what do you want from a rig
With your needs/wants maybe we can suggest more directly plus a budget (which you did mention around $400)

I like flavour, hits that don't wisp on for ages and are done in one or two draws and a very easy clean up with buggar all maintenance
Ok im getting to grips with what i want.. still cant find shit for sale in uk..
See why i was leaning towards the fp.. its available..
Or that dabbie controller.. cant find an auber in uk... been looking all afternoon..

What about just getting this once back in stock..

Then buying https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/fl...nd-head-set-16mm?_pos=12&_sid=99af8cb66&_ss=r

The PID controller is CH, but that one is a Chinese one that you could get for half on AliExpress - some CH are like that one and some are actually an Auber - there's nothing wrong with that one you linked, but it's half the price on AliExpress without a CH logo
You could get an Auber rdk 300b for the same price as the linked one though - you just need to get it sent from USA - they are good with CS though and I've found them fine to work with a number of times

I have not dabbed on a CH sic dish - I think I heard that dnail is better but I'm not sure, you would think sic is sic really - polished sic is easier to clean again though
https://d-nail.com/sic-nimbus/ bit more pricey but they are nice

Or if you really want to buy from UK only in regards to the nail - I'd maybe get this one then
https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/b2-injector-head-assembly?_pos=1&_psq=B2&_ss=e&_v=1.0
You can take the balls out and dab on the sic at normal dab temps
And then you can also add the balls back in and you have a baller for weed as well (much recommended, dab like hits with flower)
You  can buy the controller you linked, but I would either get the Auber from US at that price or the same style one you linked from Ali for half price

These recommendations are now only based on your last questions and links

I of course still say that some erigs are wonderful also (my Daab also doubles as the best DV IH I have) and the banger ideas are also good options
For me to say I liked the terp blender says something coz I hate torches
If you can hold the VAS @LesPlenty will have ideas and I'm sure other people in the forum

But on your last post and questions that would be my advice and I think you would be happy as Larry with it and it should have the same self clean function as the halo sic does - for the balls and sic dish

If you have to get from UK this is good I think - your dish link will work too but for the price I'd grab a baller at the same time lol
https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/b2-injector-head-assembly?_pos=1&_psq=B2&_ss=e&_v=1.0

You just need an 18mm y carb adaptor type joint you can put a screen in for flower

Last edited:
Iv been speaking to a guy from 710.. very helpful..
So at the mo im up to this...
Screenshot_20220929-175155_Samsung Internet.jpg

Now need to decide what glassy bits i want.. do like the idea of sic..

Iv been speaking to a guy from 710.. very helpful..
So at the mo im up to this...

View attachment 40436

Now need to decide what glassy bits i want.. do like the idea of sic..
Shane is always helpful and has good CS
His stuff is also from China but he ships from US and does his own QC and always accommodating after sales
Personally I might have got an Auber but you will have absolutely no issues with that controller or after sales help
If you are buying glass bangers with him discuss his slurp E as it needs a different coil - his bangers are also from China although he does his QC . Glass or sic you will enjoy the flavour and hit from a dab ...once we step into a new thing it can become a new source of vas till you find your fit hahaa ...
If you get that coil and PID and decide you want the CH I would grab the B2 so you get the best of weed vaping at the same time as the convenience of self cleaning sic dabs
Enjoy the dabs mate and let us know how you go :)

Puffco Peak Pro for no compromise great experience and no learning curve. Once you get the hang of dabbing on it you can download an app and fine-tune it to your preferences. No other device has a thermocouple attached to the bowl for precise temp control, even as your toke cools it.
If you get any banger, or Dnail dab surface, get a Auberins PID controller, USA QC at least,
The Ispire DAAB with a SiC bowl hack or if you don't like hacking the Dablamp comes with a SiC and a quartz bowl in the pack,
Dablamp10 gets you 10% off the Dablamp on Amazon,
Amazon product
Sourcemore has 30% off the DAAB for their birthday, use code 8TH30, (this kit also comes with a spare...everything glass!)

Puffco Peak Pro for no compromise great experience and no learning curve. Once you get the hang of dabbing on it you can download an app and fine-tune it to your preferences. No other device has a thermocouple attached to the bowl for precise temp control, even as your toke cools it.
If you get any banger, or Dnail dab surface, get a Auberins PID controller, USA QC at least,
The Ispire DAAB with a SiC bowl hack or if you don't like hacking the Dablamp comes with a SiC and a quartz bowl in the pack,
Dablamp10 gets you 10% off the Dablamp on Amazon,
Amazon product
Sourcemore has 30% off the DAAB for their birthday, use code 8TH30, (this kit also comes with a spare...everything glass!)

I cant seem to find the auber in 220v...

I was interested in the puffco.. but thought it wouldnt compare to an actual coil and controller setup..

Right.. many thanks @LesPlenty and @felvapes...
Some thinking to do...

Will bail on this..
Screenshot_20220930-092825_Samsung Internet.jpg

I cant seem to find the auber in 220v...

I was interested in the puffco.. but thought it wouldnt compare to an actual coil and controller setup..

Right.. many thanks @LesPlenty and @felvapes...
Some thinking to do...

Will bail on this..
View attachment 40451
The Auber is useable for both 110 or 220 v
It's the coils you need to make sure are 220v specific - if you buy Auber you can buy their coil and in checkout on notes (or email) just say you need 220v they are great at communication via email

Puffco peak pro and Carta 2 and Daab with sic are all brilliant and as good as a plugged in unit
Unless you are globbing multiple back to backs I guess

Also forgot to mention
I vape feco too
Not everyone does

For feco the clean up is messier on many rigs and some are harder to clean too
Quartz especially
If you intend on vaping feco go sic

And not all erigs are good for feco due to airpath and cleaning

For feco I have found halo sic (nimbus now) or Daab sic (dab lamp has similar airpath I think) are the only ones that handle feco easily and are simple to clean afterwards
This is a big thing to consider IF you will dab feco also

EDIT
I also just noticed you have been suggested the same setup as I was at first
I gave it away

I would not get the 30 mm I would get a smaller one IF getting a banger of that old style (not as efficient as blenders or tasty)
The 30 was too big to function well and spin pearls easy
Also spinner caps are better I found over the bubble and it's hard to find 30 mm spinners
A 20/25mm banger will take big enough dabs mate

Just my experience here
Others will say otherwise

Last edited:
I would just add that I would get 24 over 30mm if I got a 710coils job...oh wait, I did! :rofl:
Edit, those coil clips are great and a must have with any coil IMO, just makes things a bit more sturdy

So i really want the auber @LesPlenty linked to but there is only 110v options..

So i really want the auber @LesPlenty linked to but there is only 110v options..
No the Auber is 110/220v
Same machine for either mate

It will be the coil that you need to ensure is 220v
If you buy a coil from Auber write it in notes on checkout that you need the coil to be 220v
Sometimes I haven't found that option but after paying I email them and request the right coil and they always fix it up

But the Auber itself is the same box regardless and will work with any voltage

Before buying your coil though - know what you are buying it for

If it is a B2 get the correct size barrel coil (20mm for B2)

If it is a dnail nimbus you will need a 20mm flat coil

If it is a banger from 710 get the one for the size/style banger you get

No the Auber is 110/220v
Same machine for either mate

It will be the coil that you need to ensure is 220v
If you buy a coil from Auber write it in notes on checkout that you need the coil to be 220v
Sometimes I haven't found that option but after paying I email them and request the right coil and they always fix it up

But the Auber itself is the same box regardless and will work with any voltage

Before buying your coil though - know what you are buying it for

If it is a B2 get the correct size barrel coil (20mm for B2)

If it is a dnail nimbus you will need a 20mm flat coil

If it is a banger from 710 get the one for the size/style banger you get
I hate feeling stupid.. i feel really uneducated right now.. learning though...
Sorry if im a pain and you are repeating yourself.. im getting there..

Right so will order just an auber control unit as ther is no 220v option at mo for coil..
But all coils are universal right ?
So i can buy coils from anywhere and will fit my auber yes ?

Right thats 1 thing sussed.. iv realised my d020 bubbler isnt suitable.. and i need to get my glass before choosing what ill be dabbing off so i get the joint choice right..

Can you show a picture of the b2 please..
Im confused about what it actually is and the materials involved..

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back