Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Help me get set up please

So the delivery options for the auber were, standard shipping for 40 quid, or priority for 48 quid.. paid the extra 8 quid.. apparently its due tomorrow before lunchtime...
How the hell is that possible.. they teleporting it or something..
I dont believe it will be here.. but we shall see..

Apparently my 710 bits will be here within a week too..

Also was reading up on the auber.. there is settings to to be fiddled with.. so it has like a base temp it can sit at.. say 300.. then you boost it to your set vaping temp when ready to use.. is this something people do ?

Also as dabbing is mainly an american thing, all temps seem to be in fahrenheit.. can i set the auber to good old correct celcius.. ??

So the delivery options for the auber were, standard shipping for 40 quid, or priority for 48 quid.. paid the extra 8 quid.. apparently its due tomorrow before lunchtime...
How the hell is that possible.. they teleporting it or something..
I dont believe it will be here.. but we shall see..

Apparently my 710 bits will be here within a week too..

Also was reading up on the auber.. there is settings to to be fiddled with.. so it has like a base temp it can sit at.. say 300.. then you boost it to your set vaping temp when ready to use.. is this something people do ?

Also as dabbing is mainly an american thing, all temps seem to be in fahrenheit.. can i set the auber to good old correct celcius.. ??
The Auber settings are useful, but you don't need to use them
You can preset about 3 temps for different uses and you can set the auto off where you want etc, you can set a boost mode for similar to you described or for self cleaning sic type dishes

The standard setting it comes with is just set to where ever you put the dial ( it will remember this for when you turn it back on again)
Good to learn all the features of the Auber , but you don't need to know them to use it

Plug in, set temp, wait till it says it is at temp, wait another 5-10 mins to heat soak dab surface
Dab

Yes you can switch the Auber to Celcius if you like
The reason I leave my vapes and Auber in the merican style of f is because there are many more digits in f to get the same temps and this then gives you extra digits to fine tune your preferred temps
I now only know my vaping preferences in merican temps (will be good for my dad who now has myeloma cancer as he grew up with imperial measurements and then had to learn again)
But I know all my other temps and measurements in life in Celcius and decimal hahaa

The Auber may get to you quicker than expected
I've paid some over priced shipping before and if they use a courier service some get here in unbelievable times - I think they pay doctor who for the TARDIS delivery services
Makes you wonder why US sellers charge so much for normal post service when it takes ages but for and extra $8 it gets here in a couple of days ... Either pick up the pace on other deliveries or drop the price on them to make it comparable ....

The Auber settings are useful, but you don't need to use them
You can preset about 3 temps for different uses and you can set the auto off where you want etc, you can set a boost mode for similar to you described or for self cleaning sic type dishes

The standard setting it comes with is just set to where ever you put the dial ( it will remember this for when you turn it back on again)
Good to learn all the features of the Auber , but you don't need to know them to use it

Plug in, set temp, wait till it says it is at temp, wait another 5-10 mins to heat soak dab surface
Dab

Yes you can switch the Auber to Celcius if you like
The reason I leave my vapes and Auber in the merican style of f is because there are many more digits in f to get the same temps and this then gives you extra digits to fine tune your preferred temps
I now only know my vaping preferences in merican temps (will be good for my dad who now has myeloma cancer as he grew up with imperial measurements and then had to learn again)
But I know all my other temps and measurements in life in Celcius and decimal hahaa

The Auber may get to you quicker than expected
I've paid some over priced shipping before and if they use a courier service some get here in unbelievable times - I think they pay doctor who for the TARDIS delivery services
Makes you wonder why US sellers charge so much for normal post service when it takes ages but for and extra $8 it gets here in a couple of days ... Either pick up the pace on other deliveries or drop the price on them to make it comparable ....
All good to know thanks..

Im unsure if im to take the morning off to wait for my auber... that delivery date must be wrong right.. no way i could order monday lunchtime and get it wednesday morning..
So i think ill just go to work and earn money..
Otherwise this is just gonna cost me even more in lost earnings..

I like my recycler for dabs. :thumbsup:

I still rock my kromedome recycler
Great hourglass piece for dabs or even my baller with a 14mm exit bowl

I like my recycler for dabs. :thumbsup:

That is fucking awesome.. i been looking at tornado glass but all review on ones i found said to get it to spin you gotta put so much water in, that it goes in your mouth..

That is fucking awesome.. i been looking at tornado glass but all review on ones i found said to get it to spin you gotta put so much water in, that it goes in your mouth..
https://m.dhgate.com/product/hot-recycler-oil-rig-glass-hookah-with-a/725696154.html

This is the seller that made the kromedome Les and I own in the video
They don't make the same exact one any more and the original replacement they made did splash water or didnt recycle properly so yingmin gave me my money back

You need a lot of water in my and Les kromedome as you can see but they recycle and you don't get any in the mouth
The issue with the replacement one was the stem was too short and you couldn't put enough water in to get it to recycle properly

The picture in link above looks like the stem is longer so you can put the same amount of water as I do in the kromedome and the USA feedback is positive

The hourglass is shorter/fatter than mine still though
Knowing it is yingmin the seller though if you message your concerns prior they will refund you if it doesn't work on arrival

https://m.dhgate.com/product/hot-recycler-oil-rig-glass-hookah-with-a/725696154.html

This is the seller that made the kromedome Les and I own in the video
They don't make the same exact one any more and the original replacement they made did splash water or didnt recycle properly so yingmin gave me my money back

You need a lot of water in my and Les kromedome as you can see but they recycle and you don't get any in the mouth
The issue with the replacement one was the stem was too short and you couldn't put enough water in to get it to recycle properly

The picture in link above looks like the stem is longer so you can put the same amount of water as I do in the kromedome and the USA feedback is positive

The hourglass is shorter/fatter than mine still though
Knowing it is yingmin the seller though if you message your concerns prior they will refund you if it doesn't work on arrival
Hmmm i was about to pull the trigger on this... not too sure now.. might keep looking..

My auber is out for delivery this morning..
Absolutely amazing speeedy shipping..
I cannot believe they did that..
Monday lunchtime ordered.. from america
Wednesday morning delivered to uk..

When i post a letter to within uk it takes longer than this....

So im gonna end up with half a setup today..
Pull your finger out 710 coils.
That stuff is currently in the air over the atlantic somewhere... maybe tomorrow...

Part 1 came...
20221005_112710.jpg

20221005_112603.jpg

Might be dabbing tomorrow.....

So i didnt get any manual with the auber... and im struggling to find one online.. anyone got a link ?

Dont worry found it...
Not exactly a user friendly, slick interface eh ?

Last edited:
Thanks yeah i found it.. its complicated..
Does anyone actually use the boost mode ???
I only got a 300b recently
The 300a didn't have the boost modes etc
So I haven't bothered to learn them yet as I'm lazy
It would be cool to use them or I could have one to be pre set to my dnail, one to my qxl lite baller and one for my ti baller

But I'm lazy and a stoner as I said so I have still been using it like the 300a and just turn it on and off
The spin dial is so easy to change temps as required that I haven't bothered myself

I only got a 300b recently
The 300a didn't have the boost modes etc
So I haven't bothered to learn them yet as I'm lazy
It would be cool to use them or I could have one to be pre set to my dnail, one to my qxl lite baller and one for my ti baller

But I'm lazy and a stoner as I said so I have still been using it like the 300a and just turn it on and off
The spin dial is so easy to change temps as required that I haven't bothered myself
Apparently auber do a thermocouple to attach to the nail for more precise temp.. anyone got this.? To work out the difference in temps between coil and glass and thr controller fixes it? Im probably gonna leave it all alone for a while.. be nice to change to celcius but that seems a ballache too..

Like i said. Far from user friendly..

Apparently auber do a thermocouple to attach to the nail for more precise temp.. anyone got this.? To work out the difference in temps between coil and glass and thr controller fixes it? Im probably gonna leave it all alone for a while.. be nice to change to celcius but that seems a ballache too..

Like i said. Far from user friendly..
It's more user friendly than any other PID
Piece of piss to use and holds temps in a much better way

It's only slightly fiddly to set the preset modes - but that's no different to a lot of things, it hasn't got a screen with options, who wants to pay for that

The thermocouples are in the coils already mate and that's how it holds temp - of the coil
Once you learn what number the Auber needs to say to get your glass at the right dab temp you will be good - this will be practice as everyone likes it a little different

I can't remember but it isn't too hard to swap the temp to Celcius, but for dabbing I prefer f - almost twice as many settings to fine tune that taste

I just turn the thing on and dab or vape mate
Enjoy the high and ease of use, don't worry about special modes if it is stressing you out
They aren't needed in the slightest

modes if it is stressing you out
Na not stressing... cleaning the slurp on the other hand...
The only quartz i have is evo nails..
They torch up alot easier than boro..
@mom has said i can swab with a cotton wool bud.. hoping that works.. i dont wanna be disasembling the rig after every dab to clean..
Im sure ill figure all this out in no time..

So do you have like a coil stand or it just stays pretty much together for a week or so then clean ?

As for the thermocouple thing.. i know it has them in coil already.. but you can buy an additional tc-k5 to go into the actual nail..?

Seems like overkill anyway..

Wonder where my 710 order is..
Getting impatient as a load another evo nail...

You know what started this.. it was you @momofthegoons.. you posted a dab somewhere and i replied asking if it was 1 dab... it was.. so i tried to match you in the evo...
It didnt go well...
Evo has had a clean since...

The thermocouples are in the coils already mate and that's how it holds temp - of the coil
but you can buy an additional tc-k5 to go into the actual nail..?
This can be used to offset the temp from the coil tip to surface temp, I just used a surface probe to work out the difference then followed the RDK200 instructions to adjust the offset...not really needed as you dial in a temp with an approximate start temp and adjust to your own liking.

This can be used to offset the temp from the coil tip to surface temp, I just used a surface probe to work out the difference then followed the RDK200 instructions to adjust the offset...not really needed as you dial in a temp with an approximate start temp and adjust to your own liking.
Yes there are ways to calibrate your PID to show different temps (and I have a seperate thermometer that I can test the dish temp too but have never used)
But I cbf and just know what number equals the right temp to dab
Also as @Kellya86 was not loving messing with settings on the Auber didn't think to send him there yet until he is more used to using

Cleaning the quartz is easy enough with q-tips
The one I was using cleaned up with a few q-tips pretty easy with no burning/staining to the sides like a bucket banger

The Daab and sic mod is where I've returned as it's th easiest to maintain for me atm, you just wanted glass more so I pointed you to what I've found to be the best quartz I tried (although I had no coil to deal with and cleaning)
Slurper tastes great and is 1-2 draws and done, the qtip swabs easily enough

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back