Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Help me get set up please

I hate feeling stupid.. i feel really uneducated right now.. learning though...
Sorry if im a pain and you are repeating yourself.. im getting there..

Right so will order just an auber control unit as ther is no 220v option at mo for coil..
But all coils are universal right ?
So i can buy coils from anywhere and will fit my auber yes ?

Right thats 1 thing sussed.. iv realised my d020 bubbler isnt suitable.. and i need to get my glass before choosing what ill be dabbing off so i get the joint choice right..

Can you show a picture of the b2 please..
Im confused about what it actually is and the materials involved..
Okay we'll start with the Auber
You buy the Auber RDK itself and it plugs into any wall voltage regardless

The coil that you decide to buy has to be rated for 220v - when you order buy the coil you want and ask that it be 220v in email with your order number

You can buy coils elsewhere - but you will have to ensure that the coil you buy is wired to work with an Auber and is 220v - the Chinese pids are wired differently and a coil from the other style will blow your PID so always check this
You will also need to ensure you buy the correct style coil for the device you decide to buy (flat/barrel/axial/slurp for shape and 220v for power)

Links can be provided for anything you want just ask as I don't want to "push" anything on you

Your bubbler will work fine, although there are lots of glass bubblers and it becomes another addiction
Sometimes smaller dab rigs are better - but I also found this was with the older style bangers - now I have better units they work well in most bubblers - all you need IF your device is 14mm is an 18/14 m/f adaptor and your current one will work until you get gas - but whatever device and bubbler you have/choose will work or an adaptor can be used

A B2 - if that's what you are choosing will work in an 18mm joint and your current bubbler as is
A B2 would require a 20mm barrel coil and I would buy that from Auber at the same time as the PID - IF this is the choice you are going

Here is the link to the B2 from vapefiend - this would be a sic dish for dabs and a ball vape for weed in one
https://vapefiend.co.uk/products/b2-injector-head-assembly?_pos=1&_psq=B2&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Don't feel stupid mate, it's a huge world of devices and styles and none are universally considered the best
They are all different and it is about what suits your needs not others
It can be confusing learning it all so asking questions and researching is better than jumping on the first thing suggested like I did
There are also new things since I started and everything in both trates and weed has changed over the last year or so and improved a lot
Ask away and look around before you choose

That's why I come from the position of trying to ask what you want, can afford, how you will use it and what materials will you dab off it (plus ease of use/clean up) and I can try to give some examples/suggestions to suit that rather than what I like or try to give you every single option as that can also be confusing and a lot

My advice is not the only advice
But I can share what I know and have experienced
And I dab feco as well as rosin which is different to other people and is important to my rig

So i really want the auber @LesPlenty linked to but there is only 110v options..
As stated, the RDK200 and RDK300 Auber PID controllers are smart, they can work on any wall socket, just the coil/heater bit is country voltage specific.
I hate feeling stupid.
Best to make sure before you buy, easier to fix mistakes before postage.
And I dab feco
You are a heathen :twocents: :rofl:
I did not enjoy my try at dabbing feco but yours was made with your own alcohol(?)where mine was made with iso so there is that:thumbsup:
@Kellya86 that same list you posted from 710coils (minus controller) but in 25mm and the above Auber would be a great combo, pretty easily maintained if you do not dab feco, just not quite as easy to clean up as SiC, also, a lot of people prefer the flavor of quartz over SiC. There are many inserts available for the 25mm (less so for the 30mm) banger you can always 'upgrade' to later.

Last edited:
As stated, the RDK200 and RDK300 Auber PID controllers are smart, they can work on any wall socket, just the coil/heater bit is country voltage specific.

Best to make sure before you buy, easier to fix mistakes before postage.

You are a heathen :twocents: :rofl:
I did not enjoy my try at dabbing feco but yours was made with your own alcohol(?)where mine was made with iso so there is that:thumbsup:
@Kellya86 that same list you posted from 710coils (minus controller) but in 24mm and the above Auber would be a great combo, pretty easily maintained if you do not dab feco, just not quite as easy to clean up as SiC, also, a lot of people prefer the flavor of quartz over SiC. There are many inserts available for the 24mm (less so for the 30mm) banger you can always 'upgrade' to later.
I've made it from iso too
I winterise and get it pretty clean these days though
It's not the same as rosin but very sedative and good for sleep or anxiety
Tastes kinda like weed oil version of olive oil
Great edible too lol
Definitely not the same flavours as rosin though hahaha

If getting quartz I can't recommend the blenders enough
Absolutely shit on the old bangers imo
Especially in taste and hit and one draw cloud no cough

They don't make the rdk 200 anymore

Spoke to auber.. so thats sorted thank you.. gonna get the 20mm coil with it...

So i think to start im just gonna get a quartz banger and carb cap..

And thats pretty much all i need right.. its a start.. will from there.. many thanks for the advice.. and fuck the weak arse pound at the moment..

Spoke to auber.. so thats sorted thank you.. gonna get the 20mm coil with it...

So i think to start im just gonna get a quartz banger and carb cap..

And thats pretty much all i need right.. its a start.. will from there.. many thanks for the advice.. and fuck the weak arse pound at the moment..
That is definitely all you need to try dabbing

If going quartz though look at these first and have a read about them
These and the blenders I decided to try from seeing Troy do a couple of videos and he wasn't pushing anything for sale but he got it for $20 on Amazon at first
I decided to try and am very impressed
On the cheap the performance is up with expensive erigs
Taste and perform much better and more efficiently
I haven't tried this one with a 710 coil
I have torched them and they are way better than a plain banger

Last edited:
gonna get the 20mm coil with i
Only if you are going to get a baller rig, you need the coil to suit your banger so you need a 25mm coil...the axial from 710coils that suits whatever banger you choose

Last edited:
Only if you are going to get a baller rig, you need the coil to suit your banger so you need a 25mm coil...the axial from 710coils that suits whatever banger you choose
That's true
Yes the 20 mm barrel is only needed if you are getting the B2 or other baller

The old style banger or the slurpur will need a coil to suit the particular banger (axial or slurp)

That's true
Yes the 20 mm barrel is only needed if you are getting the B2 or other baller

The old style banger or the slurpur will need a coil to suit the particular banger (axial or slurp)
But auber only do up to a 20mm coil and you said other coils wont fit the auber no ?

But auber only do up to a 20mm coil and you said other coils wont fit the auber no ?
Some other coils will fit the Auber
You just have to make sure before you buy
I got coils from Shane and they fit my Auber - and I get coils from AliExpress that fit my Auber
If getting from Ali I have links to trustworthy sellers
If getting from Shane let him know and he will sell you a coil to suit your PID I am sure

What I was saying before and should be noted is that some coils are wired for the Chinese pids and will blow your Auber
So whenever you buy a coil you need to ensure the seller is selling a coil wired for an Auber
Shane's coils are from china too but cost double or more as he does his QC

https://m.dhgate.com/product/new-launched-conical-quartz-banger-quartz/397611736.html

https://m.dhgate.com/product/new-design-xxl-quartz-thermal-banger-nail/393084572.html

these two above are examples of brilliant prices, pieces that I torch
Steps above a bucket though
You can see the multiple American reviews saying it is a good seller
Shane has his slurp - E one with a coil he made

Or even this below that an Auber 20mm flat coil will fit
I actually remember I have a quartz dish like this I put on my dnail for certain dirty hashes I had and it worked a treat
Tasted great for rosin too and was way better than my bucket banger (for me)
I believe this is when I gave the banger away as I had a halo sic and this for quartz which was easier to clean - I had my dnail titanium stem but I can't see why this one is not good

https://m.dhgate.com/product/6-in-1-quartz-dish-titanium-nail-quartz-nail/377336084.html

And this is another cheap one with multiple American reviews saying good seller
If getting a basic bucket - the spinning cap is what I would get (even if I bought a banger from Shane) as the bubble is not as good as this with better air movement - although I think the blenders and slurpers are better than this
Just showing different examples and prices - with USA reviews for those that prefer such

https://m.dhgate.com/product/2016-quartz-trough-quartz-banger-nail-with/370873108.html

such a tunnel when you start looking at quartz

Another video with a seasoned toker talking of the benefits of the proper smart rig, that thermocouple again,

I've seen that guy and that video
He seems to do some alright videos from what I've seen and know his stuff okay

Here's where I heard about the blender bangers too
They sure are tasty although I have reverted back to the Daab sic as my go to DD
It was the fact he loved this and it was an Amazon $20 jobbie that convinced me to try - he wasn't pushing a paid sponsor for once

And here someone contacted him after the video and sent him shit so this is a usual ad video lol
But shows the different blenders/bangers out now and how they work
A big upgrade from the old style ones even if a cheap $20 version

Right.. all decisions have been made..

Went for the auber in the end as you all said it was best...

Aa for the other bits. I did this..

Screenshot_20221003-130232_Samsung Internet.jpg

Plus a few clips and pearls..
Hoping this is a good setup that will keep me amused for a while..
And take the strain off my evo.. i gotta stop killing evos now they are an endangered species...
400 quid light... my budget for this was 250... fucked that one..

I dont feel my d020-d is good enough for this..
Glass shopping next.. i got a male, 14mm 90 degree.. so need to find glass to suit..

Look forward to hearing your results mate :)
Let me know what those 710 electric slurpers are like heating from the bottom
Happy dabbing :)
Yeah im concerned that people torching slurpers are torching the tunnel too

Yeah im concerned that people torching slurpers are torching the tunnel too
I torch the bottom and the tunnel
But I do tend to torch the bottom longer because it is thicker
I believe it should work okay with that design as a result and radiate up enough in a similar manner (maybe better?)

Most of the action happens in the tunnel though

EDIT
You will learn after playing with temperature on the Auber where you need it set for the barrel to be the correct temp for the perfect dab for you

Hahaa when you get gas the gate is there waiting for you like it always was :rofl:

Last edited:
Hahaa when you get gas the gate is there waiting for you like it always was :rofl:
Yeah already looking.. this is gonna end up a 500 quid venture.. maybe more if i spend more than 100 on glass.. im gonna go to the glass function thread to ask for suggestions..

Wondering how long delivery is gonna be.. hopefully not 3 to 4 weeks...

Yeah already looking.. this is gonna end up a 500 quid venture.. maybe more if i spend more than 100 on glass.. im gonna go to the glass function thread to ask for suggestions..

Wondering how long delivery is gonna be.. hopefully not 3 to 4 weeks...
I thought there was something stopping you buy from there
You could have got some of your other stuff from there cheaper too
Although the Slurp-e coil I haven't seen elsewhere yet

Glass is another rabbit hole lol
But you can spend between $30-$100 AUD and get great functional pieces
You don't have to spend big for a decent working bong
There's just so many and some designs you will want yourself

I thought there was something stopping you buy from there
You could have got some of your other stuff from there cheaper too
Although the Slurp-e coil I haven't seen elsewhere yet

Glass is another rabbit hole lol
But you can spend between $30-$100 AUD and get great functional pieces
You don't have to spend big for a decent working bong
There's just so many and some designs you will want yourself
Yeah i dont like buying anything electrical from there.. but iv bought glass from there before and been quite surprised at the quality.. my d020-d will do for now.. once i remove all the dmt from it.. if thats possible.. dmt is so hard to get rid of..

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back