Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Help me get set up please

clear bottom next time?
I dont think thats an option.. i think i read somewhere that its done to cool that dish section to effect the flow of oil..??
Not sure.. i think this is the only e-slurp so nothing to compare to...

Like i said im sure it would of been fine if i didnt burn first time..

On another note my axial coil works with my original bubble that works better...

20221023_155508.jpg

Bro... do you have any idea how much money i just spent on my stuff..

...oh im aware, and you can sink alot into doing dabs... sometimes simple is better imo :cheers: ( ...especially starting off...)

...oh im aware, and you can sink alot into doing dabs... sometimes simple is better imo :cheers: ( ...especially starting off...)
I was considering a torchable slurp but my ir gun doesnt seem to measure glass to well..

So iv been thinking about making my own trates now.. i only really have one source.. and anything can happen..
So i need backups...

I have a homemade squishing setup, have considered a proper press...
But since dabbing i learn that rosin isnt the prefered product to dab, as it contains the most plant material..
This leads me back to bho...

I see these on amazon pretty cheap..
Screenshot_20221027-165233_Samsung Internet.jpg

Iv got the blast tube already..

So do i start blasting ???

Any thoughts from people on this ??
Anyone here make their own. ??

But since dabbing i learn that rosin isnt the prefered product to dab, as it contains the most plant material..
This leads me back to bho...
While it does have more plant matter and will leave your banger dirtier... rosin is just as 'preferred' as solvent based concentrates imo. I love dabbing rosin. It's just hard to come by. The dispensaries here in Michigan don't really carry it. And if they do it's ridiculously expensive. So it's either having a caregiver that supplies it or squishing yourself.

So I mostly use solvent based concentrates these days. And I feel they are rougher on the lungs; long term.

While it does have more plant matter and will leave your banger dirtier
There is next to no plant matter when you press bubble hash or even buds if you use low enough micron bags and take it easy on pressure, time and heat.
But nearly every dabbing person would rather rosin over any other concentrate once they try different styles.
as it contains the most plant material
What micron bag size do you use?

There is next to no plant matter when you press bubble hash or even buds if you use low enough micron bags and take it easy on pressure, time and heat.
But nearly every dabbing person would rather rosin over any other concentrate once they try different styles.
Perhaps saying there is more 'plant matter' in it is the wrong way to phrase it... but I do find that rosin leaves my banger dirtier than concentrates that are solvent based. I always attributed that to there being plant matter in the product but perhaps it's something else that makes that happen?

That said... I also prefer rosin over a solvent based concentrate and think you are correct in saying that most feel the same way.

but I do find that rosin leaves my banger dirtier than concentrates that are solvent based
Yeah see using opaque slurps.. maybe rosin wont be the best choice..

What micron bag size do you use?
Bags would be 35u...

Preasing is quicker and easier...

Hmm.. anyone got any recomendations for a half decent press... at a good price???
I dont want a repeat of my dab journey where i set out with a 250 budget and blew 800 instead..
I think 400 max for a press

Bags would be 35u...
That should keep your nail pretty clean.
I think 400 max for a press
I have a 10t Dabpress and not many have regretted buying any Dabpress unit that I know of.
In your budget,
They also sell these that look similar but have separate control of heating each plate (not needed really, I always set both of my plates to the same temp),

That should keep your nail pretty clean.

I have a 10t Dabpress and not many have regretted buying any Dabpress unit that I know of.
In your budget,
They also sell these that look similar but have separate control of heating each plate (not needed really, I always set both of my plates to the same temp),
Very helpful thanks.. unfortunately they dont ship to uk.. sold on amazon but with 161 quid shipping..
Thats exactly what i want.. i will try to find something more uk based..

unfortunately they dont ship to uk..
Bugger, I thought they were getting a UK store or similar to get around shipping/tax?

Remember if you use a solvent you have to purge it enough to be safe to inhale and that needs a vacuum oven
Don't go cheap either, get lab quality

My go to guy in Maine for live resin is going to give me a little tutorial on his process so I do NOT try making it at home

Get a good press and a case of bangers along with a cultivar that has high yields
That's the road I'm taking along with an ultrasonic cleaner

But the taste of some lemon meringue live resin....
IMG_20221029_085306.jpg

Remember if you use a solvent you have to purge it enough to be safe to inhale and that needs a vacuum oven
Don't go cheap either, get lab quality

My go to guy in Maine for live resin is going to give me a little tutorial on his process so I do NOT try making it at home

Get a good press and a case of bangers along with a cultivar that has high yields
That's the road I'm taking along with an ultrasonic cleaner

But the taste of some lemon meringue live resin....
View attachment 41622

Yeah i think im gonna go down the rosin road...
I had a squish today..
Had a dab and i gotta say i didnt notice any difference in cleaning..
So now hunting for a suitable press..
So many options...

I think Graveda are probably our best option in UK/EU
How many tons do i really need.. is a 10 ton press sufficiant...?? Could i go less ??
Do we have a diy rosin thread @momofthegoons ???

Do we have a diy rosin thread @momofthegoons ???
We don't have a 'DIY' thread per se... But we have two sub-forums in the concentrate area, The Extraction Lab where the process is discussed and then Extraction Equipment where the different types of equipment used are discussed. I would think the place to post a thread with your questions and/or on your experiences would be in the Extraction Lab.

I think 10 tons is more than enough for most hobbyists or home users
I agree wholeheartedly, I have pressed up to 50g (2x 25g 40mm pucks) at once with my 10t unit when testing its limits. It does not even break a sweat at a 15g puck, 10g pucks can be hand pre-pressed and you can do 2 of them at once if you want.

We don't have a 'DIY' thread per se... But we have two sub-forums in the concentrate area, The Extraction Lab where the process is discussed and then Extraction Equipment where the different types of equipment used are discussed. I would think the place to post a thread with your questions and/or on your experiences would be in the Extraction Lab.
Thank im terrible at finding things here... the search bar is a wierd one for me.. maybe cause i only use va on my phone..?
I agree wholeheartedly, I have pressed up to 50g (2x 25g 40mm pucks) at once with my 10t unit when testing its limits. It does not even break a sweat at a 15g puck, 10g pucks can be hand pre-pressed and you can do 2 of them at once if you want.
Perfect thanks..

Thank im terrible at finding things here... the search bar is a wierd one for me.. maybe cause i only use va on my phone..?
I have given up on the site search bar and just Google Vaporasylum followed by whatever I am looking for.

So got annoyed that my 710 bucket doesnt really work.. as some said its probably the fault of my shit carb cap..
Never got my dhgate one btw..
Anyway got this coming today to try..

Screenshot_20221221_115633_Samsung Internet.jpg

Think it will make any difference..???

I had a directional one before and it bearly spun pearls..
I want to be able to do an immense dab, but there only so much the slurp will deal with...

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back