Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Help me get set up please

You know what id like... i nice wooden piece that can hold a few banger and have somewhere to hang hot coils.. maybe not wood for that bit...

Its just at end of night i like to put bangers in iso still warm.. but this leaves me with a hot coil kicking around.. i currently place it on a quartz chopping board...

Getting my directional carb cap today so i can finally use a normal banger and see the difference between the e slurp..

And now i wont have to do a mid evening clean.. gonna have 5 bangers very soon...
That happened quick..

You know what id like... i nice wooden piece that can hold a few banger and have somewhere to hang hot coils.. maybe not wood for that bit...
Well. Being a carpenter, I'll bet you could make something yourself. And perhaps drill out and area that a ceramic or metal 'dish' (sort of like an ashtray) could be set to hold the coil? You just need to find yourself a pretty piece of wood.... and maybe look at some of Timberhead's stuff for inspiration. :smile:

Well. Being a carpenter, I'll bet you could make something yourself. And perhaps drill out and area that a ceramic or metal 'dish' (sort of like an ashtray) could be set to hold the coil? You just need to find yourself a pretty piece of wood.... and maybe look at some of Timberhead's stuff for inspiration. :smile:

Yeah thanks thats an option... and one id love to do..
But i work all day, go gym, go shopping, do cleaning, bed time.. i do this 6 days a week then see my kids on the 7th...
Dam we really are just slaves... when do i get to live.. 2 weeks holiday a year..
When i retire i can make one.. but realistically im gonna struggle to find the time..

I will look for inspitation.. once my dad retires ill have him turning vc stems and all sorts... keep him off the streets...

I will look for inspitation.. once my dad retires ill have him turning vc stems and all sorts... keep him off the streets...
Then take a look at stuff by @Timberhead , @phattpiggie , and @Aezhenn ... and some of the other woodworkers out there. Many of them are making some beautiful accessories. I know you and your dad could figure this out easily.

In the meantime... perhaps just an ashtray of some sort for that coil?

So tonight i tested a normal banger with axial coil...
First off there is definately a huge difference in quality between the 710 banger, and the £10 amazon (from dhgate still) banger..
The weight alone.. but mainly just the quality..
20221020_192956.jpg

Only tested my cheap one tonight with different trates, different temps and ball sizes/amounts...

So i was expecting it to be better than the slurp, as its more simple.. but it really wasnt.. we were really dissapointed with it.. massive drop in taste as well as smoothness..
And seems to need more goo to produce same cloud..
Maybe i need to dial it in more..
So ended up finishing the night back on the slurp..

Does clean far easier though..

Will try 710 banger tomorrow to see if taste improves...

So a few notes... my coil was loose as hell.. that cant of helped..
Have since adjusted for a snug fit...

Also @momofthegoons has just made me awear that the carb cap makes a difference..
I thought it was working ok, but i know nothing so who knows..

SmartSelect_20221021_170217_Samsung Internet.jpg
this is what i got.. 10 quid amazon...

Maybe i should of bought am expensive one ???

Anyway will be having a dab from the 710 25mm with axial coil, when i get home..
Will see if its any better than yesterdays efforts...

I do love how easy they are to clean, compared to the slurp...
Opaque bottom slurps are hard to keep clean.. but i think its worth it...

Do they even do a clear option?

So tonight i tested a normal banger with axial coil...

... have you tried a torch?

...no matter what, i always end up back with torch and banger cold starts no inserts or balls, thats just more 'maintenance' imo than improvements...

...i havnt used my enail in a couple years i think its been...

Also @momofthegoons has just made me awear that the carb cap makes a difference..
If your pearls are spinning it’s working fine. :smile: There are some caps out there that don’t work as well as others. I was just mentioning it because it can make a difference in hit and taste if the cap doesn’t work properly.

So a few notes... my coil was loose as hell.. that cant of helped..
Have since adjusted for a snug fit...

View attachment 41293this is what i got.. 10 quid amazon...

Maybe i should of bought am expensive one ???

Anyway will be having a dab from the 710 25mm with axial coil, when i get home..
Will see if its any better than yesterdays efforts...

I do love how easy they are to clean, compared to the slurp...
Opaque bottom slurps are hard to keep clean.. but i think its worth it...

Do they even do a clear option?
No, they do not need to be expensive at all....but they need to work. I have a bunch of caps but really just use the one on the top left in my 710 bangers. It seals well and I can feather the airflow with the little ports. Can do the same w bottom left too. Look around and don't spend too much on a cap, IMO.

1666378144105.jpeg

I run Shane's bangers at 545 F on my Auber and I am not a low temp sipper, if you get my meaning. But it is important for the coil to fit well. Dunno if he does it anymore, but one advantage of buying banger and coil from Shane (710coils, right?) is that he would fit your coil and he's good at it. The other advantage is that his coils are high qual and much less expensive than...for instance...D-nail. His cords lay out nice and flat and don't get kinked up.

Now I have both his opaque and clear bottom bangers and generally use the opaque one with an axial coil (yeah, fitted by Shane) and I have no idea why it would be harder to clean an opaque than clear glass. The surface of both sealed. Its glass...at least that's my experience.

I have no experience with "slurpers" and...this is just ME so if anybody wants to clap back they can fuck off (how's that for some preemptive aggression! haha)...but to me its just gimmicky. Reminds me of my D-nail SiC Halo with an air path on top instead of downward. I find a plain old banger with a well fitted coil and cap to do great dabs. But I don't really seek "taste" per se from 'trates. To me, their super power is just that...power. Not taste....but perhaps my taste buds are atrophied (quite possible LOL).

Same thing with "terp balls"....or I think that's what they were called when I bought them. To me, they just make a mess to clean up and a directional cap like the bubbles I showed let me stir the melt as much as I wish. I should give them away....hey, @momofthegoons ...want some terp balls? I think I have them in SiC and...oooh, maybe ruby?? Need to look. I just don't mess with them.

I don't post much anymore and this is just my take on these sorts of topics. But I am an old troglodyte who used to vape hash oil (and trad hash if needed) between two hot knives and I like my scotch neat. So that all that in account! haha

Best of luck to you, Kelly. The journey of discover is indeed part of the joy, I believe. :-)

... have you tried a torch?

...no matter what, i always end up back with torch and banger cold starts no inserts or balls, thats just more 'maintenance' imo than improvements...

...i havnt used my enail in a couple years i think its been...
Bro... do you have any idea how much money i just spent on my stuff..
I will try a torched dab soon...

@Baron23 thank you, very informative..

but to me its just gimmicky
I thought this too and was fully expecting the more simple banger to be superior..
But so far its really not..
I got my setup much better last night.. coil being tight helped loads...
I was getting good dabs at 535...
But.... taste is still no where near the slurp and still has a certain slight harshness that the slurp does not...

have no idea why it would be harder to clean an opaque than clear glass. The surface of both seale
See this isnt my experience or what iv read... to make the quartz white, its injected with tiny air bubbles.. this leaves imperfections in the surface to which crap sticks...
Leaving it looking like this..
20221019_084209.jpg

Bad pic but you can see its not quite spotless clean...

@Kellya86 - hello my friend...if you feel like the slurper is a better experience for you, then its a better experience you (I know, ain't I deep! haha). I'm not trying to sell anybody on my views and we are all somewhat different with different objectives, etc.

As for cleaning opaque banger....not sure why we are having a diff experience except it looks like q-tipping the slurper is more difficult because of its geometry.

This is a freshly cleaned 710 banger of mine with a regular coil...and yes, its been used. haha

1666445239582.jpeg

Here is my other 710 banger with axial coil and its not freshly cleaned. The brown ring is just up on the top lip but as you can see, the opaque surface is still shiny and white and all its been is q-tipped

1666445374424.jpeg

All I do is q-tip thoroughly after every dab. Pretty much two q-tips, using both ends. Also, I think I hit a dab until its fairly dead and starting to taste like crap (yeah, cause I'm cheap! haha) but I do not let it burn on at all. There is still some dark residual oil there to mop up.

But as said, I think the geometry of the slurper may be giving you challenges on q-tipping.

Best of luck and enjoy your new toys.

Cheers

But as said, I think the geometry of the slurper may be giving you challenges on q-tipping.
Yes 100%... i will buy smaller q tips today..
When i first used it i was wiping goo on the edge of dish.. thisbwas wrong and i burned some materal on that i never can completely remove.. just a few black specs engrained into to quartze..
I will get it back to new.. its nearly there..
But if i had a new one (which i do) ill keep it alot cleaner now i know what im doing...

SmartSelect_20221023_075530_Samsung Internet.jpg

^^^ from 710 faq...

This is as clean as i can get it.. it doesnt get any dirtier than this.. this is what i burned on the first night..

20221023_101924.jpg

20221023_101932.jpg

Iv done all i can.. thinking maybe some bong tablets.. any ideas ???

Last edited:
Iv done all i can.. thinking maybe some bong tablets.. any ideas ???
While I don't like using a torch for dabbing due to the difficulty in consistent temps... I do use one occasionally to burn off bits that just wont come off in a soak. That would be my recommendation here. That or investing in a US cleaner. But I'm not sure that a US cleaner would be able to get that off if it's really baked on. @LesPlenty I know you use one for your rigs, etc. What say you?

While I don't like using a torch for dabbing due to the difficulty in consistent temps... I do use one occasionally to burn off bits that just wont come off in a soak. That would be my recommendation here. That or investing in a US cleaner. But I'm not sure that a US cleaner would be able to get that off if it's really baked on. @LesPlenty I know you use one for your rigs, etc. What say you?
Im considering an sic abrasive wheel to remove top layer of quartz..
I think id keep a new one clean..
Might order a new one..
Doesnt seem to affect taste or performance.. still absolutely shits on the std banger..

@LesPlenty I know you use one for your rigs, etc. What say you?
Even the ultrasonic will not budge some char, SimpleGreen soak with a scourer (mild) scrub each day until clean
Have you tried pb before. It's like a brewery wash.
I got some of that but have not had to try it yet, probably works better with its fizzing action?

Have you tried pbw before. It's like a brewery wash.
I will try this thanks, i completly forgot this existed...
SimpleGreen soak with a scourer (mild) scrub each day until clean
Yeah i been soaking every night and scrubbing in morning..
Also might try bicarb and viniger or lemon juice...

Std bangers have their advantages i see though..
I got a rest afternoon and im gonna dab lots, its easy to swab a banger and leave it going all day...
This just isnt possible with the slurp..

I got a rest afternoon and im gonna dab lots, its easy to swab a banger and leave it going all day...
This just isnt possible with the slurp..
I thought the opaque stuff was more for torch users, something about heat distribution that using a coil negates anyway...clear bottom next time?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back