Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Haha no chance.. this thread has fully put me off it...
I can understand why but even a buggy Pockety is better than most/all at this job.
If you already have a Peak Pro(that's working), DAAB or similar I would hold off for the next quick swap bugless version to drop. If you are getting by on old plate scorch heater tech it would be worth getting now...most bugs/problems have been addressed.

I can understand why but even a buggy Pockety is better than most/all at this job.
If you already have a Peak Pro(that's working), DAAB or similar I would hold off for the next quick swap bugless version to drop. If you are getting by on old plate scorch heater tech it would be worth getting now...most bugs/problems have been addressed.
That also true
Motg has a pre fixed unit
The units that have been posted the last two weeks are all bug fixed and dont have the same reset or temp issues

Well so far I'm only 50 dabs in and so far no glitches. I am enjoying the ain and fast heat up. But I do miss the customization of the pro. Being able to dim the lights or stealth. Boost mode and session timer control and wireless charging are a big plus. Been thinking about trying the atty on the pro. @LesPlenty do I need to change anything to use a 3rd party atty on the pro? All in all so far I'm pleased with the performance and quality of the device.

@LesPlenty do I need to change anything to use a 3rd party atty on the pro?
I have only used JCVape ICA on my Peak Pro and that is just a straight swap, not tried the Pockety atty on the PPP. I doubt I will as the PPP is a real trailer queen, this is my second PPP and it is nearly dead...extra stealth version, no lights at all now!
I should ask John if I can use the ICA Attys designed for the PPP on the Pockety safely.

Motg has a pre fixed unit
Exactly. And from what I can see, John has been quick at trying to fix anything that was wrong with the early units. He was very responsive to my issues with my dead heating chamber and quickly shipped my replacement. And I dare say that if the original beta testers had done their job none of the electronic issues with the early releases would have happened.

I can honestly say that this vape is better with concentrates than any other portable I've owned to date. I've even reached for it rather than wait for my enail to warm up a couple times. So @Kellya86 don't take what happened to me as the usual customer experience. Most that have tried it seem to have had no problems other than the reset.

The only con I can really see is the fact that the battery can't be swapped. And possibly this is something that could be changed in future models. Some would like a stealth mode... which I don't find necessary for my personal use.

Exactly. And from what I can see, John has been quick at trying to fix anything that was wrong with the early units. He was very responsive to my issues with my dead heating chamber and quickly shipped my replacement. And I dare say that if the original beta testers had done their job none of the electronic issues with the early releases would have happened.

I can honestly say that this vape is better with concentrates than any other portable I've owned to date. I've even reached for it rather than wait for my enail to warm up a couple times. So @Kellya86 don't take what happened to me as the usual customer experience. Most that have tried it seem to have had no problems other than the reset.

The only con I can really see is the fact that the battery can't be swapped. And possibly this is something that could be changed in future models. Some would like a stealth mode... which I don't find necessary for my personal use.
I made the battery suggestion to him on my first ever message when I asked for the discount codes
I have made a few other suggestions as people have come up with them or from my own use since I have pretty much paid to be the real beta tester
I put my first unit here through hell and have had no issues (besides the stated bugs) and it's still going strong
The updated/bug fixed one I have here has been running reliably so far

I think after the first batch of this first version are sold he will most likely take some/all of our suggestions on board for the next version - that may be a while though
But at least he knows he needs good testers from the community who actually use the products now and future models should hopefully have been through the trenches before going on sale

EDIT
I did forget to mention here not to use hot water on the bubbler when cleaning
One person had the middle tube break off (I think there was probably a tiny bit of cold water caught in that part)

I don't use hot water on my bongs anymore after some had cracked
Iso shake or us cleaner and cold water rinse

Last edited:
I have only used JCVape ICA on my Peak Pro and that is just a straight swap, not tried the Pockety atty on the PPP. I doubt I will as the PPP is a real trailer queen, this is my second PPP and it is nearly dead...extra stealth version, no lights at all now!
I should ask John if I can use the ICA Attys designed for the PPP on the Pockety safely.
That's a shame 2 pros are dying on you. I'm coming up on 4000 dabs not a hic up. But it is only 4 months old.
I am extremely satisfied with my purchase of pockety. If I didn't have a pro I probably wouldn't miss the features. I think I'm gonna order a ruby 5d for my pro.
Hope everyone is enjoying there pockety and have a great turkey day.

I have been using pretty high-pressure hot water that I cannot bare directly on my hands via a silicon hose to clean mine many times now, I also fill the first tiny bit with almost boiling water to dissolve citric acid and cranny extract. Maybe I have been lucky with glass for once.
I have also ultrasonic cleaned it.
I'm coming up on 4000 dabs not a hic up
My first unit did half a dozen trips between USA and Oz before I eventually got it and did not like our corrugated roads on top, I think they finally killed it. I am sure my second unit would come right if I could just update the firmware but Planet America marketing will not let Aussies access the App.
I might get it looked at by some geek shop now I have my Pockety to replace it.
Also, the PPP travel witches hat holds well after stretching a bit,
1669187281818.jpg

I have been using pretty high-pressure hot water that I cannot bare directly on my hands via a silicon hose to clean mine many times now, I also fill the first tiny bit with almost boiling water to dissolve citric acid and cranny extract. Maybe I have been lucky with glass for once.
I have also ultrasonic cleaned it.

My first unit did half a dozen trips between USA and Oz before I eventually got it and did not like our corrugated roads on top, I think they finally killed it. I am sure my second unit would come right if I could just update the firmware but Planet America marketing will not let Aussies access the App.
I might get it looked at by some geek shop now I have my Pockety to replace it.
Also, the PPP travel witches hat holds well after stretching a bit,
View attachment 42325
Maybe you were lucky with glass!!!
Or maybe the other person dropped it and didn't say...
Either way, err on the side of caution maybe for the future
I us clean mine just not on full power

I like the travel spout and it facing backwards
Nice for hitting straight necked

One person had the middle tube break off
Thats gotta be some real shoddy glass for that to happen no ??
If that is true and he didnt drop it, thats another negative going for it...
This thing sounds like an old italian supercar.. amazing performance when it works, but a world of issues to try and ignore...

Thats gotta be some real shoddy glass for that to happen no ??
If that is true and he didnt drop it, thats another negative going for it...
This thing sounds like an old italian supercar.. amazing performance when it works, but a world of issues to try and ignore...
No where near a world of issues
Actually no issues on the units sold now
And I have knocked my thick AF glass over twice on the table with no breaks - the Daab would have broken (tbh some of my rigs would have)
Les gave you his experience and I put mine in a US cleaner which has broken other glass Les has had

You've been given the wrong impression here
It affects me not if you got one so what Im about to say is in no way influenced except for by my use
It is the best erig I have used - the easiest to use, easiest maintenance and cleanup, it does all the work for you and tastes good with hard hits and clouds
It will never burn a dab - this is the thermocouple tech
And it works every time for me on the buggy unit and the new one that has no issues anymore

I'd say the person has had cold water in the perc still and hit it with hot water to make it crack - thermal shock - as I said I have had hot/cold water crack thick bong percs a few times in the past

A few owners here - how thick is your glass? For me it's the thickest I've seen on an erig that isn't an actual bubbler

It's less like an old Italian sports car and more like the Toyotas of old days - performance and reliability with a few quirks and less of the flashy stuff
- that has failed on Les puffco
And the "quirks" are already patched on current units

It's retired my Daab sic and I loved that thing
Like @LesPlenty said it's one of the best options in this space and priced to beat the others
The ICA chambers and attys have been bought by puffco users for ages as they are better reportedly
Now this has full surround and bottom heating, nothing else has that with thermocouple temp sensor at the same time
The clean up is something else for a trate rig too

I have knocked over my unit more than once and each time I say to myself, I should get a spare glass unit. I might just hang off getting a spare and just buy the next-gen Pockety when it gets developed. I rarely buy 1st gen anything but needed another PPP but not another $400 invoice(plus shipping to Oz) so I am glad this was available instead.

I found a couple of my 18mm female adapters fit very nicely, many are too small or too large for the job, almost a pocket vape,
1669265225769.jpg

The Cloud Buddy opens up a lot of possibilities,
1669266311619.jpg

I found a couple of my 18mm female adapters fit very nicely, many are too small or too large for the job, almost a pocket vape,
View attachment 42342
The Cloud Buddy opens up a lot of possibilities,
View attachment 42343
SNAP!!!
Thanks for that one mate
Love this
So many options now
IMG20221124163150.jpg

EDIT
The above works great
I hit the factory bubbler dry anyway
The above with the angle is enough to cool the vapour for me
This is very good and makes the footprint even smaller again
And it has the bend so I can sit bit with it without looking down **love

Such a good mod
(I think you and I have these particular gogs from our plenty days @LesPlenty - before using a straight one so it sat on the bong from memory)

EDIT 2
More options
Glass stoner mecano
Hydrotubes, bongs, whatevers clever
IMG20221124173215.jpg
IMG20221124173300.jpg
IMG20221124173410.jpg

18/14 f/m reducer
Multi options
IMG20221124181216.jpg

The adaptor and whip has just been released now too by John - this is the one I helped him design

Last edited:
It's nice to see you guys coming up with different options for glass hookups. Especially nice to know there are alternatives if one should have the misfortune of breaking their stock bubbler.

I've been meaning to ask; are you using pearls in your heating chamber? And has anyone come up with an alternative to the little carb cap? I find it a bit 'putzy' to use... and sometimes, if over zealous, I find it lifts the little rubber gasket cap right off as you are working it. I'd love to see someone come up with something else that works well.

It's nice to see you guys coming up with different options for glass hookups. Especially nice to know there are alternatives if one should have the misfortune of breaking their stock bubbler.

I've been meaning to ask; are you using pearls in your heating chamber? And has anyone come up with an alternative to the little carb cap? I find it a bit 'putzy' to use... and sometimes, if over zealous, I find it lifts the little rubber gasket cap right off as you are working it. I'd love to see someone come up with something else that works well.
There are lots of options for caps - but the general consensus from puffco and Pockety users are that these are the better style cap
You can get after market ones that have a longer handle though - but one person who got one went back to stock as it moves around easier

Have you removed the tether ?
It is too short and tends to lift/push the gasket up during use
If you remove it I find the lid stays on during the dab
I don't use a tether at all - although there are aftermarket colourful ones people buy on Etsy and IG

There is also a self spinning version of the carb caps - the same person who got the aftermarket long handle went back to the stock again
I have asked yingmin to make some with less or smaller holes to see if they will work better
I'm waiting for them to make the first ones

I used 3, 4, 5 and 6 mm ruby and sic pearls
I like my 5.5 mm sic atm

Have you removed the tether ?
It is too short and tends to lift/push the gasket up during use
If you remove it I find the lid stays on during the dab
Yes I have. It was way worse before doing so and I took that off pretty early on. But I still find the lid lifts occasionally if I'm overzealous with the carb cap.

I used 3, 4, 5 and 6 mm ruby and sic pearls
I like my 5.5 mm sic atm
I'll have to give it a go. The smallest I currently have is 6mm... so hopefully that isn't too big.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back