Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Maybe pull the gold pins out just a smidgen with some tweasers
Good idea, the ICA JCVap atty would sometimes do this on a Peak Pro (never on mine) and pulling those pins out a tiny bit fixes the fault.

Never say never lol....

Actually I can't review it. It wont heat up for me.

I really had high hopes for this unit since you, and seemingly others, have been singing it's praises. My last trip really showed my need for a portable dab rig of some sort. I've been disappointed with every one I've tried to date but with all the fanfare and the discount code I thought... why not give it a go?

Got it, opened it, charged it.... and did a quick q-tip swirl with a bit of ISO in the quartz bucket before putting it back together and starting it up. No problem figuring out the screen brightness.. or how to change the temp. Turned it on, pressed two times to start the heat cycle, got the pulsing light and......... nothing. No heat up. Turned it off... tried again.... and get a 'Sensor error' message.

Any idea what the issue is? Or am I on to the customer service train?
The other responses given are the best for trying to solve this yourself
However if it doesn't work just contact John at jcvap he will send you a replacement (with the bug fixed unit)
I asked him about this and he has said that on a tiny amount of chambers there was a machining issue that is similar to what @LesPlenty and @Melting Pot mentioned about the pro

He's very good about tending to customers and I believe he will send you a replacement

And doing this doesn't void the warranty?
Nope, warranty should be fine
That's his video and channel
I personally leave mine together for cleaning (well top and bottom halves seperate)
But this is how you can deep clean or try to put back together to check contacts

I'm betting he will just send you a new unit because it doesn't work right now
But if you want to try this, you are following his tutorial video

Nope, warranty should be fine
That's his video and channel
I personally leave mine together for cleaning (well top and bottom halves seperate)
But this is how you can deep clean or try to put back together to check contacts

I'm betting he will just send you a new unit because it doesn't work right now
But if you want to try this, you are following his tutorial video
Thanks... I appreciate the help. As soon as I've pried my eyes open a bit more I'll give this a try... and also contact him.

As soon as I've pried my eyes open a bit more I'll give this a try
This break-down of the atty is recommended by the seller for deep cleaning so will not hurt the warranty.
I got mine yesterday, showed up damaged due to the wire S/S rubbing on the unit, luckily the experience only got better from there.
1667904033612.jpg

I charged it for 5 hours but it never showed as full (this happens a lot with other vapes first time). I iso q-tipped the atty and hot water rinsed the bubbler.
The device operates just like my Peak Pro so was easy to navigate. Nice big blob for a first run, shown with a 5mm Shitsu Dnail pearl,
1667909065877.jpg

I run the unit at 245c/475f (my low temp Peak Pro yum spot) for some very tasty puffs that would have been very similar to the Peak Pro but may be a little denser with clouds.
One benefit of the Pockety so far is the really flat bottom of the cup. My terp ball can easily roll straight across the cup to spread rosin enenly between heat cycles (2 in the largish above low temp dab) where the Peak Pro is slightly higher in the middle of the cup and makes the terp pear stay on the sides.
The Pro travel top works OK but keeps creeping up between uses but does help a lot with alleviating neck strain,
1667963832610.jpg

I tried the live chat on JCVape site but after being ghosted for an hour just sent them my info and the above pic to say to pack the S/S brush differently to fix my only problem in the future. I also left my email and we will see if John gets back to me.
So for the price, I can say I am not disappointed as it hits like or better than my Peak Pro with all you need on the screen on the device. I would like to see a user-selectable session timer but so far I get 2 x puffs per heat cycle which is about right for my larger low temp dabs but may be too long for smaller hight temp one-hitters...nice too by the way but I really like the low temps here the same as my Peak Pro.

Last edited:
This break-down of the atty is recommended by the seller for deep cleaning so will not hurt the warranty.
I got mine yesterday, showed up damaged due to the wire S/S rubbing on the unit, luckily the experience only got better from there.
View attachment 41954
I charged it for 5 hours but it never showed as full (this happens a lot with other vapes first time). I iso q-tipped the atty and hot water rinsed the bubbler.
The device operates just like my Peak Pro so was easy to navigate. Nice big blob for a first run, shown with a 5mm Shitsu Dnail pearl,
View attachment 41955
I run the unit at 245c/475f (my low temp Peak Pro yum spot) for some very tasty puffs that would have been very similar to the Peak Pro but may be a little denser with clouds.
One benefit of the Pockety so far is the really flat bottom of the cup. My terp ball can easily roll straight across the cup to spread rosin enenly between heat cycles (2 in the largish above low temp dab) where the Peak Pro is slightly higher in the middle of the cup and makes the terp pear stay on the sides.
The Pro travel top works OK but keeps creeping up between uses but does help a lot with alleviating neck strain,
View attachment 41956
I tried the live chat on JCVape site but after being ghosted for an hour just sent them my info and the above pic to say to pack the S/S brush differently to fix my only problem in the future. I also left my email and we will see if John gets back to me.
So for the price, I can say I am not disappointed as it hits like or better than my Peak Pro with all you need on the screen on the device. I would like to see a user-selectable session timer but so far I get 2 x puffs per heat cycle which is about right for my larger low temp dabs but may be too long for smaller hight temp one-hitters...nice too by the way but I really like the low temps here the same as my Peak Pro.
I have found that removing the tether helps too .
The tether is too short and lifts the gasket lid a little which can make it pop open during use at times
Removing it means the gasket atya in place properly and seats evenly
I have the tether from my OG Carta on as it's longer
But there are nice ones people buy called tuff tethers or another called terp tethers

You don't need a tether at all though it just means you won't lose the lid putting it down

I have found that removing the tether helps too .
My tether is fine (better than Peak actually), I was talking about the bent witches hat on top of the bubbler from the Peak Pro. riding up between uses.

My tether is fine (better than Peak actually), I was talking about the bent witches hat on top of the bubbler from the Peak Pro. riding up between uses.
Yea I know you meant the MP
But I find the tether is short and can push the gasket off a little during use when spinning the carb cap
A couple have noticed this too
But removing the tether seems to remedy this

Yea I know you meant the MP
I should have known you knew Ozengiush!
I gave my West Coast mate a toke today while cleaning his Mighty...should have seen the eyes on him!
He asked what was in it and how to make it and I told him to ask again in a few years when we may have it available to buy here.

I should have known you knew Ozengiush!
I gave my West Coast mate a toke today while cleaning his Mighty...should have seen the eyes on him!
He asked what was in it and how to make it and I told him to ask again in a few years when we may have it available to buy here.
That's funny, I had a mate try mine and he got me to order one for him on the spot lol
Now he's asking all the questions about what to put in it after the fact

My ruby insert arrived today
I'm surprised at how well it clouds
Ruby in the past I've tried and heard about tastes nice but produced thin vapour
This thing tastes good and still gives some satisfying cloudage
It's pretty thick and didn't break with my mouth moistened qtips
I was holding my breath as I heard a sizzle though hahaa
So far so good
Looking forward to the patched unit and aln arriving, had to get a back up and have to see what aln is all about
I kind of wish I had gotten aln the first round though as I know sic well, it certainly performs on this

Okay so after testing sic/aln/ruby I have come to a surprising winner

They all perform outstanding to start with and I would be and am happy with any of them (even quartz is very very good in the pockety)

Sic seems to give the most dense clouds (only minimally) and has the common sic signature/notes
Wipes up easily enough
Hit hard

ALN wipes up easy and produces very satisfying clouds (just slightly less dense than the sic) and has a very nice and clean flavour - has some of the notes that ruby does but they are fainter or a bit muted in comparison
Hits hard

Ruby - the surprise front runner
It wipes up as easy as aln no chazzing at any temp
It doesn't seem to have thermal shock issues
Hits hard
It actually produces the same kind of clouds as the ALN, usually ruby has been thin clouds for me in the past
This is just making vapour clouds for days on end
And the flavour - oh my taste buds!!!
Similar notes can be found in aln but in the ruby it is thick and fluffy and pronounced flavours
I am so surprised and impressed by this dish
I've known ruby flavours but haven't seen such clouds to go with it
The pockety just seems to handle any surface and dab size you throw at it in any temp

Loving this ruby so much right now
The flavour makes me melt each time

What a rig, wins the reach tests 95% of the time (probably 99%)

The retail price has dropped now to $199 for quartz
I had mentioned in my very first message when he gave the half off codes about this - he must have agreed but waited till the codes ran out first

Much better price now and a bargain for the quality of device

He also gave me a new code to share with the community for 15% off
So now retail starting at $199 with 15% off is still a great deal for this unit
Certainly smashes puffco prices

PKTY15 for 15% off the now reduced price pockety
Happy dabbing ppl

Last edited:
I reached out to John via IG and he has sent me a replacement which is due here on Thursday. Not sure if he replaced the entire unit or just the heating chamber... In our conversation he said he was sending a 'replacement chamber' but the shipping notice references the entire order. I guess I'll see on Thursday lol.

I'm really hoping that this will solve the issue I was having. I'm going out of town again the next day and would love to have this to take with.

I reached out to John via IG and he has sent me a replacement which is due here on Thursday. Not sure if he replaced the entire unit or just the heating chamber... In our conversation he said he was sending a 'replacement chamber' but the shipping notice references the entire order. I guess I'll see on Thursday lol.

I'm really hoping that this will solve the issue I was having. I'm going out of town again the next day and would love to have this to take with.
You may be lucky and he sent you a replacement unit too
That means you will have a bug fixed battery and the current one
A spare that will be backup - or make you buy another chamber if you like it that much to leave in the other house/room/car

Finally used my Ktype thermometer
Tested the pockety dish

Perfection
This is why it works so well and this is the tech we are paying for
No one else has this tech except puffco and it isn't full surround heating on puffco
Plus the huge price difference
Go the pockety and it's thermocouple temp sensor being so accurate
Just before I took the pic they both said 70°, it must have just started to cool as I took it although I would easily have accepted a .3 difference

Love it when shit works and does what it says/is supposed to do

EDIT

RUBY

IMG20221115022537.jpg

IMG20221115164138.jpg
IMG20221115164514.jpg

ALN

IMG20221115164827.jpg
IMG20221115164830.jpg
IMG20221115164835.jpg

SIC

IMG20221115170648.jpg
IMG20221115170656.jpg
IMG20221115170805.jpg
IMG20221115170807.jpg

AMBIENT ROOM TEMPERATURE (POCKETY ON ITS OWN AND KTYPE JUST IN THE AIR ON THE TABLE)
So the pockety reads the room temp dish at 23 and the Ktype reads the air in the room as 23 seperately
IMG20221115163616.jpg

These look nice
Hands free spinner caps
Wonder if Ali has any

Last edited:
Got my replacement chamber yesterday. Since my base was already charged, I was able to use it right away. There was definitely something wrong with the first one... it never started heating. This one was good from the get go.

First impressions: Turned it on, quick heat up time and instant clouds. I was very pleasantly surprised. I was also surprised at the taste for a portable. Much better than the others I've tried. I've only used the quartz insert so far (I also ordered a sic). And have to do more testing of course lol... mostly with temps. But all in all I think this is a winner. Especially if it holds up.... that would be my only concern with all the electronics involved (as with any vape). As mentioned prior, it would be nice if it had a removable battery. But I can live without it and it seems like the charge holds up pretty well. I've tried it with and without water... and I'm not sure which I like best yet. But it works well either way. The carb cap is a bit 'fiddly.' I'd like to see a better design there.... or a different type of set up.

It's not exactly 'stealthy.' But then again... that's an okay trade off, imo, for something that actually works well and tastes decent. And it's smaller than the Peak. And... much less expensive.

So far, this one gets a thumbs up from me. :thumbsup::twocents:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back