Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Shredder... you use your Eden a lot. Are you seeing any of this with your silicone ring?

I wouldn't say I use it a lot, prolly 4 or 5 times a week. But so far no. I must have cleaned it a half dozen times by now, if not more, but I havnt noticed anything like this yet.

Our sai's have an o ring on the mouthpiece too. No problems there either. But it doesn't really get hot like my eden either.

Could this be from iso? I know eventually iso melts silicone. I always rinse with water after cleaning with iso in all my vapes. Just throwing that out there.

I thought of that, but I don't leave in iso long as I use the US cleaner
Also I rinse well and use WV to grab any soap or iso before a final water rinse

No it's not from the iso, I had the Eden for a short time and it was the 3rd time I cleaned it and I didn't soak it , I would remove the mp and clean with a q-tip the only thing I soak is the screen assembly .I've never had an issue with iso and silicone but then again if it a device has some silicone I do not soak for long and rinse and dry, unless this is a poor quality silicone my guess is that it was inserted improperly during manufacturing.

I don't believe it is an incorrect placement during manufacture
Mine is still in a prefect position
It is only just starting to deform at the bottom in one spot
It looks melty not mashed or incorrect position

First off @Efthimios thanks for bringing this to our attention. Meant to say that earlier.... :thumbsup:

I really have to wonder if the heat at the mouthpiece isn't the real issue. I've stated before.... it gets hella hot. Not all silicone can withstand that kind of heat.

I think it is heat
Mine sits perfect and is not looking mashed or mangled
It looks melted in one spot at the bottom
It is just starting
I think it looks heat caused and I agree that the lid get VERY hot without the black silicone cover
The silicone insert we are speaking of gets a LOT of heat where it is positioned and is a very thin piece of silicone

Again, I don't know what is causing it, but looking and thinking I feel you are on the correct path here @momofthegoons
And if it is heat, this comes back to being a concern as to are we inhaling any off gassing or not?

Hopefully Eden can get back to us to address

Maybe piu could do a check as they do

Last edited:
I know eventually iso melts silicone.
? Most of my vapes say to clean the silicon bits in iso.;
According to this rather extensive chart, silicone can be exposed to isopropyl alcohol with no breakdown expected.

enter image description here

? Most of my vapes say to clean the silicon bits in iso.;
According to this rather extensive chart, silicone can be exposed to isopropyl alcohol with no breakdown expected.

enter image description here

I didn't see the part about no breakdown expected.

I do clean silicone parts with iso, but i rinse with water after. Silicone is also somewhat porous and can hold onto ISO.

That's why I don't clean silicone concentrate containers with it. New ones from china can have a little powder in them from manufacturing. I clean them with a tiny amount of dish soap and water.

Once by mistake I left a silicone o ring from a mighty cooling unit in a jar of ISO with some other parts for a couple days. It swelled up to more than twice it's size and after a while just fell apart.

I do clean silicone parts with iso, but i rinse with water after. Silicone is also somewhat porous and can hold onto ISO.

That's why I don't clean silicone concentrate containers with it. New ones from china can have a little powder in them from manufacturing. I clean them with a tiny amount of dish soap and water.

Once by mistake I left a silicone o ring from a mighty cooling unit in a jar of ISO with some other parts for a couple days. It swelled up to more than twice it's size and after a while just fell apart.
I've always assumed it was a combination of heat and iso that slowly makes our silicone orings become loose and stretched on the vapes

I don't know if one or the other is actually the cause
Or if it is a combination, but I know one of or both does deteriorate silicone over time

Your experience with the mighty oring is interesting

I've always assumed it was a combination of heat and iso that slowly makes our silicone orings become loose and stretched on the vapes

I don't know if one or the other is actually the cause
Or if it is a combination, but I know one of or both does deteriorate silicone over time

Your experience with the mighty oring is interesting

Hopefully not too far off topic, but I have an essential oil distiller to render down concentrate from iso and or ethanol. It has a silicone gasket. It's subject to hot iso vapor.

If I pull the top off while warm the gasket can grow to twice it's size and doesn't fit anymore.

So I keep cold water handy. A dip in cold water shrinks the silicone gasket back to the original size.

So even if the silicone o ring can take the heat, it does have effects on it.

Maybe don't remove it, or disturb it while hot?

Hopefully not too far off topic, but I have an essential oil distiller to render down concentrate from iso and or ethanol. It has a silicone gasket. It's subject to hot iso vapor.

If I pull the top off while warm the gasket can grow to twice it's size and doesn't fit anymore.

So I keep cold water handy. A dip in cold water shrinks the silicone gasket back to the original size.

So even if the silicone o ring can take the heat, it does have effects on it.

Maybe don't remove it, or disturb it while hot?
I have the same type of distiller and notice the gasket gets looser
It over time I believe will need replacing as do my vapes
I just think it is bigger and thicker and so will deteriorate at a slower rate than the tiny ones on our vapes

It's obvious that iso is affecting things with your blue mighty one falling apart
So heat and iso must do something

Yea I mentioned above that I no longer will pull the glass piece out at all when cleaning the Eden or any time unless necessary
But it still doesn't waive any concerns of gassing off and melting bits in the airpath though

gassing off and melting
Will be interesting to see what temperature your K-type probe will tell us it is at that position of concern (if possible).

Is it possible the silicone isn't entirely silicone?

Will be interesting to see what temperature your K-type probe will tell us it is at that position of concern (if possible).

Not really possible as it's hidden, and without drawing you won't get the area as hot
But can't put probe in anywhere and draw at same time
It's silcone, but there are different types of silicone. I've used gas and heat resistant (pliable and in a tube, like caulk) silicone in gasket material combustion engines engines.

And there's food grade silicone. But I'm sure no expert, lol.

There heat resistant - I also have used with cars - but resistant is never "heat proof"

Food grade yes - also has a top temperature point to be deemed safe still
Above is not recommended for safe consumption

I also am no expert either

They told us to put babies in the sun and that smoking tobacco was healthy once too....

I wonder if medical grade would be more accurate than food grade. Unless they used old spatulas to make the gasket:smug:
He said "and then there's food grade"

Which there is - it's labelled food grade and safe for storing food or cooking purposes in the oven

There is high heat resistant grades but if not labelled medical or food safe I'm not using for such

There is medical grades

And there is use on the fish tank grade

Yesterday I dropped the Linx about 2 feet on a wood floor and it survived the drop along with the glass stem. So glad it’s a sturdy device. Thought I would pass that along for those that might want to know.

Hey everyone, just checking in and seeing how everyone's Eden's are holding up since the silicone sleeve issue. So far since my replacement I've have no issues at all and have been using my Eden daily and cleaning it regularly. Curious to see how everybody else is are holding up.

Hey everyone, just checking in and seeing how everyone's Eden's are holding up since the silicone sleeve issue. So far since my replacement I've have no issues at all and have been using my Eden daily and cleaning it regularly. Curious to see how everybody else is are holding up.

Mine seemed to be holding up well, but I gave it away to a lady with COPD. I thought the easy draws without much resistance would work for her.

I haven't heard yet how she likes it.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back