Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Has anyone else run into this issue?
Went to clean my Eden and when I removed the mp the silicon sleeve that secures the mp when inserted and it was deformed and I could not reinstall.
Reached out to Linx and they were amazing and sent me out a new mp since the silicone sleeve isn't available as a spare part.
Thanks specifically to @mbecerra at @Linx Vapor!

IMG_20190810_213135.jpg

IMG_20190810_213205.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have any silicone piece that secures my glass mp?

The glass mp just slides in the metal lid and friction fits ?

I have a silicone cover for the mp that slides over the whole glass mp to stop the heat?
Is that what has shrunk on yours?

Isnt @mbeccerra the employee that made the mistake in the first place here and offered the test units?

I don't have any silicone piece that secures my glass mp?

The glass mp just slides in the metal lid and friction fits ?

I have a silicone cover for the mp that slides over the whole glass mp to stop the heat?
Is that what has shrunk on yours?

Isnt @mbeccerra the employee that made the mistake in the first place here and offered the test units?
I didn't know there was any silicon sleeve in mine until it came out. If you look maybe with a light you'll see it, but once mine was damaged my mom would not stay in at all slid right out when I turn it over. The silicon sleeve for the mouthpiece was not been effected only had a problem where you insert the mp.
And as far as @mbeccerra goes He helped me out and I don't know about any mistakes he may have made since I am pretty new to this forum.

I didn't know there was any silicon sleeve in mine until it came out. If you look maybe with a light you'll see it, but once mine was damaged my mom would not stay in at all slid right out when I turn it over. The silicon sleeve for the mouthpiece was not been effected only had a problem where you insert the mp.
And as far as @mbeccerra goes He helped me out and I don't know about any mistakes he may have made since I am pretty new to this forum.
I just had a closer look at my metal lid
There is a silicone ring in there I never noticed
It is also starting to deform a little at the bottom

Maybe you found the first fault with the Eden

I just had a closer look at my metal lid
There is a silicone ring in there I never noticed
It is also starting to deform a little at the bottom

Maybe you found the first fault with the Eden
I do believe this is going to be an issue, especially for people who don't clean their Eden very often. If the mouthpiece gets sticky from daily use I'm going to soak in iso before I remove so it does not end up coming out again. It definitely is a wear and tear item , it is ridged to help keep the mp in but I think this little of silicon seems like the Eden should have had these in as spare parts like the mp, silicone mp sleeves, and the screens. So from what I was told from Linx is it's a whole new mp assembly.... So this is the entire top part of the Eden not just the part the mouthpiece fits into. Not sure what the cost is as they did not have them available for sale yet, but sent me one as a one time courtesy.

I do believe this is going to be an issue, especially for people who don't clean their Eden very often. If the mouthpiece gets sticky from daily use I'm going to soak in iso before I remove so it does not end up coming out again. It definitely is a wear and tear item , it is ridged to help keep the mp in but I think this little of silicon seems like the Eden should have had these in as spare parts like the mp, silicone mp sleeves, and the screens. So from what I was told from Linx is it's a whole new mp assembly.... So this is the entire top part of the Eden not just the part the mouthpiece fits into. Not sure what the cost is as they did not have them available for sale yet, but sent me one as a one time courtesy.
Yes I believe it will be an issue too
After seeing your pics and looking at mine I can see this being a fault
Also the thought that if it is deteriorating are we inhaling anything

Mine is Starting to go
I used it heavily at first and have not been using as often now I'm dabbing more often

I think if I had kept using at the same rate it would be like yours now

I think I will try to take the glass mp out less now and leave it in there even when cleaning maybe

Yes I believe it will be an issue too
After seeing your pics and looking at mine I can see this being a fault

Mine is Starting to go
I used it heavily at first and have not been using as often now I'm dabbing more often

I think if I had kept using at the same rate it would be like yours now

I think I will try to take the glass mp out less now and leave it in there even when cleaning maybe
I would definitely soak it in ISO or let it heat up and when you try to remove it just make sure there's not too much resistance.
I'm hoping they make this silicone gasket/sleeve available as a spare part since buying entire mouth pieces would be kind of pricey.

Sorry I didn't mention that the material is medical grade silicone so it can handle high temps no problem and won't end up in your vapor. The issue is removing and reinserting the mouthpiece will wear out or deform prematurely.

Sorry I didn't mention that the material is medical grade silicone so it can handle high temps no problem and won't end up in your vapor. The issue is removing and reinserting the mouthpiece will wear out or deform prematurely.
I know the silicone is meant to be medical grade
But I do prefer as little silicone along the way as possible
I know some of our vapes utilise silicone in the air path and we deem it safe

I just looked at your pics and then how mine is starting to deform at the bottom
Not stretch or thin but rather appear almost melted out of shape in one spot at the bottom
This should not happen and especially so quickly, so it was an extra thought I had that we could possibly be inhaling something due to the degradation of the silicone
One would hope not but we have to be aware of any possibilities

I can't get a good pic of mine with my phone unless I pulled out the ring, which I don't want to do prematurely

I know the silicone is meant to be medical grade
But I do prefer as little silicone along the way as possible
I know some of our vapes utilise silicone in the air path and we deem it safe

I just looked at your pics and then how mine is starting to deform at the bottom
Not stretch or thin but rather appear almost melted out of shape in one spot at the bottom
This should not happen and especially so quickly, so it was an extra thought I had that we could possibly be inhaling something due to the degradation of the silicone
One would hope not but we have to be aware of any possibilities

I can't get a good pic of mine with my phone unless I pulled out the ring, which I don't want to do prematurely
I know exactly what you are saying ,like I stated earlier I had no idea this was even there .I think the more it removed and then reinserted it pushes the silicon down slightly every time and then finally get mashed a bit which will eventually lead to failure of the silicon.
I am just going to unscrew the part that the mp fits into from the cap and then clean without actually removing it so I don't damage the silicone in the future. But this definitely needs to be remedied. And definitely don't take the silicone out unless you want to be without your Eden.

I know exactly what you are saying ,like I stated earlier I had no idea this was even there .I think the more it removed and then reinserted it pushes the silicon down slightly every time and then finally get mashed a bit which will eventually lead to failure of the silicon.
I am just going to unscrew the part that the mp fits into from the cap and then clean without actually removing it so I don't damage the silicone in the future. But this definitely needs to be remedied. And definitely don't take the silicone out unless you want to be without your Eden.
I intend to do as you describe
Leave it in n for cleaning and unscrew around it

I would have thought like you say originally, except the degradation on mine is actually at the bottom in one spot and the top looks fine

It looks more melty than mashed or pulled

But is in an area that isn't mashable really
The glass can't push on that bit at the bottom and I don't know what would catch to pull as I pulled it out

I don't know, I am just thinking on the spot, I did not know either until I looked after reading your post today that it was there at all....

I am glad you shared your observations

I would have thought like you say originally, except the degradation on mine is actually at the bottom in one spot and the top looks fine

The glass can't push on that bit at the bottom and I don't know what would catch to pull as I pulled it out

I don't know, I am just thinking on the spot, I did not know either until I looked after reading your post today that it was there at all....

Well I guess we wait and see if more people start having this issue and hopefully they'll post and @Linx Vapor will find a solution instead of needing to replace the entire top cap at which at this point we don't know the price for the new cap/mp assembly.

Well I guess we wait and see if more people start having this issue and hopefully they'll post and @Linx Vapor will find a solution instead of needing to replace the entire top cap at which at this point we don't know the price for the new cap/mp assembly.
Yes, it will be interesting to hear others experience

The biggest factors for me with this vaporizer that it’s a flavor maker and seems to be built well, very sturdy. The built in battery lasts about an hour of use. I do lose flavor after the 4 min first session, well really three min because I wait for it to get hot. I have more left in my bud but can’t get more vapor flavor out. So I tried stirring then added a pinch more flowers. That seems to work better for my next sesh. I’m getting a little more visible vapor. I’m not sure if mine needs to get hotter or not? I always use the hottest temp. The outside gets pretty hot to touch but I’m able to go about two 3 min. sessions back to back then it needs to cool down.

I still use leftover light ABV in my log vape to get the rest of my goodies out of my bud. That’s the drawback for me.

I just tried getting my glass off and it came out fine. It was still warm I might add.

The biggest factors for me with this vaporizer that it’s a flavor maker and seems to be built well, very sturdy. The built in battery lasts about an hour of use. I do lose flavor after the 4 min first session, well really three min because I wait for it to get hot. I have more left in my bud but can’t get more vapor flavor out. So I tried stirring then added a pinch more flowers. That seems to work better for my next sesh. I’m getting a little more visible vapor. I’m not sure if mine needs to get hotter or not? I always use the hottest temp. The outside gets pretty hot to touch but I’m able to go about two 3 min. sessions back to back then it needs to cool down.

I still use leftover light ABV in my log vape to get the rest of my goodies out of my bud. That’s the drawback for me.

I just tried getting my glass off and it came out fine. It was still warm I might add.
I think that's key to maintain the silicon intact it need to be warm or soaked in iso before you remove it.
I get pretty good vapor out of my Eden but my wife struggles a bit...I can take much longer draws and it extract everything for me leaving my flower looking like tobacco.
I do 1st session on green then go to highest setting to finish it off with maybe a little stir.
This device has a learning curve and some people get nice vapor and others get wispy vapor. Flavor is pretty much done after the first 4 minute session and then it tastes nutty that's when I'm done and collect my abv for future edibles.

Could this be from iso? I know eventually iso melts silicone. I always rinse with water after cleaning with iso in all my vapes. Just throwing that out there.

Could this be from iso? I know eventually iso melts silicone. I always rinse with water after cleaning with iso in all my vapes. Just throwing that out there.
No it's not from the iso, I had the Eden for a short time and it was the 3rd time I cleaned it and I didn't soak it , I would remove the mp and clean with a q-tip the only thing I soak is the screen assembly .I've never had an issue with iso and silicone but then again if it a device has some silicone I do not soak for long and rinse and dry, unless this is a poor quality silicone my guess is that it was inserted improperly during manufacturing.

First off @Efthimios thanks for bringing this to our attention. Meant to say that earlier.... :thumbsup:

I really have to wonder if the heat at the mouthpiece isn't the real issue. I've stated before.... it gets hella hot. Not all silicone can withstand that kind of heat.
Thanks @momofthegoons! Just trying to be helpful as a new member.
I just wanted to add that I just checked the email I had sent Linx and I had been using the Eden for just around a month when this happened.
And yes not all silicone is created equal but in my case I think it was just a bad installation at the manufacturer.
I use my Eden at least 3-4 time a day between my dabs, so I will keep everyone updated on the new part sent to me that so far is fine and it has been almost 1 month.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back