Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Magical Butter Machine

I can't say this last attempt at infused butter was all that successful... :hmm:

I started with 7 sticks of butter and a bit over 2 oz. of product. One of the ounces was a bit suspect as to quality. One was older but potent. Both were decarbed in the decarb box from Magical Butter (more on that later). I added some pucks from attempted rosin presses and a 1/2 gram of decarbed shatter as well. I ran two butter cycles at 160°. The problems started when I went to strain and couldn't find my fine weave strainer. I ended up using the filter bag that Magical Butter supplies and I am not a fan of that thing at all. For one, it absorbs the oils into the fabric. It also does seems to 'clog' quickly and there's a point where no oil comes out anymore. This is not to say there isn't more oil or butter to be had... it just wont come out of the bag. Plus, getting the pulp out of the bag is not easy and a lot is left behind. And cleaning this thing is a bitch.

Long story short, after much swearing and a big mess I was left with a very 'wet' pulp that obviously has a ton of butter left in it. Yes... I know... it looks like :shit:

View attachment 4801

I'll probably just throw this into something like brownies. I'd say there's a good cup of it so maybe two batches... or maybe banana bread or something.

I have a nifty butter mold that I got a while back on Amazon for $7.99. Each slot is 1/2 c. The butter mold Magical Butter supplies has four 1/2 c. slots and one "fun size stick" and costs $14.95.

As you can see I only ended up with 4 sticks of butter return. Not the best outcome but they are nice and green and the potency is good.

View attachment 4802 View attachment 4803

Now... about the DecarBox.... I find it totally unnecessary. Don't waste your money on it (it's $34.95) because foil works just as well. I didn't need to calibrate my oven (which is what the thermometer is for) and the thermometer, imo, is the only feature that makes this worth having. You could do the same with a simple oven thermometer which costs substantially less at $6.30 for the one I linked.

So... all in all not the most successful of attempts lol... But I will say that the tablespoon or so that I ingested while doing this knocked me out. I haven't slept that good in a while.
Maybe a nut milk bag for a filter? I have one but haven't used it yet.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_...:Nut+Milk+Bag&qid=1536597884&sort=review-rank

Also, yeah...that's way too much butter left in the residue...squeeze it again...coffee filter, cheese cloth...old t-shirt material will work, yeah?

Maybe a nut milk bag for a filter?
I think you might run into the same issue with a nut bag as I did with the MB filter bag.....

What I was using was a fine mesh coffee filter that had come with an old coffee maker. Since it's no where to be found I'm thinking of upgrading to this one. It's a little pricey but I like the little stand it has. I could see setting this on top of a glass measuring cup for filtering.

I think you might run into the same issue with a nut bag as I did with the MB filter bag.....

What I was using was a fine mesh coffee filter that had come with an old coffee maker. Since it's no where to be found I'm thinking of upgrading to this one. It's a little pricey but I like the little stand it has. I could see setting this on top of a glass measuring cup for filtering.
You think that's fine enough to get all of the plant material out of your butter?

The one I was using before was. I’m not sure about the one I linked... but I’m guessing so since it’s a paperless filter for coffee.

It would be fine for edibles at least. For topicals I might filter it one more time through cheesecloth.

Oh... look at me double posting lol. I must be taking lessons from @felvapes :dog:

I'm making this a separate post because I just stumbled upon, what might be, the perfect solution in a filter. It looks more stable than the item I linked earlier and has two options for fine mesh nylon filters that you purchase separately. One is 200 mesh and the other is 400 mesh. The 200 mesh is " ideal for jam making, wine making and infusing oil or yogurt" and the 400 mesh is " ideal for filtering wine, liquors, and fine enzymes." I can see purchasing both of the filters because of needing a finer filter for topicals. If you buy the spout and both filters, it comes in at $24.48 US. If you are just going to use this for edibles you wouldn't need the 400 mesh. And it's all dishwasher safe. From Amazon... here's the link.

41517490_1984918858195008_901832944774021120_o.jpg
51Y6COa21NL._SL1001_.jpg

After I make my cannaoil I let it set for a couple hours. A lot of the plant matter goes to the bottom of the container. I strain that last.
I do the same thing with oil; in fact I leave it sit overnight. But you can't do that with butter. It hardens up. Coconut oil can also set up on you depending on the type you use and if you add in other oil.

Great feedback on the decarb box also....I will stick to my oven, have had great results so far

I do not have a link anymore as I bought ages ago, but I think it was on ali baba I got some good food grade synthetic straining cloth for cheese or food making from 25 micron up for similar for butter/oil straining as can squeeze out but it would all come out not soak into the bags that come with it

I need more soon, if I find some I will share the link

@momofthegoons lol at the back to back lessons...you learning well...lol

and your sludge did not look wonderful sorry to see the results

Last edited:
your sludge did not look wonderful sorry to see the results
Well the sludge is really finely ground and full of butter. I've got to believe it's worthy of using... I've just got to find the right recipe to put it in lol. And hope it doesn't give an upset stomach. Sometimes plant matter in the mix will do that.

I could also just try to strain it again.... I'll bet there's another stick of butter in it.

Well the sludge is really finely ground and full of butter. I've got to believe it's worthy of using... I've just got to find the right recipe to put it in lol. And hope it doesn't give an upset stomach. Sometimes plant matter in the mix will do that.

I could also just try to strain it again.... I'll bet there's another stick of butter in it.
I have had badly strained butters before
Didnt affect the edibles too bad

Look up anzac cookies....aus/nz thing - but they have high butter low other ingredients ratio..... they taste good and work great for edibles ....the quick and high cook temps worked well as a backup decarb too

Your idea of bannana bread would be okay I think too

Or brownies...extra chocky ones...

Anyone who has used the og filter knows what a pain in the ass it is....

90FilterFront_1800x.jpg

Not only does it waste a lot of oil in the filtering process, it's a big mess to use. And almost impossible to clean properly.

Well... Magical Butter has finally come out with a filter that looks like it actually works and is available for pre-order.

FilterPressBundle_Jars_-1_1800x.jpg

It's being sold at $59.95 (which is a sale price of 10% off). Included are 3 Mason jars and a cleaning brush. It fits both standard and wide mouth jars. It's heat resistant and dishwasher safe. But is this really any better than the potato ricer (that comes in at $23.99) I've been using for years?

7135UpRC6eL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

If you follow the link to the MB site and scroll down to the descriptive vids... it does seem handy that the filter attaches to the jars for stability. That's a plus. Just seems a bit pricy for what it is.

IMG_20220322_173650.jpg

Tradesman culinary press kit
Authentic processing ability that brings you back to the 2010s
Press your oil the way nature intended
Stainless steel and nylon

$399.00
MSRP
$299.00
Out of my mind
$199.00
MY KIDS ARE STARVING!!!
$99.99
Living out of my car but I want to pass the savings on to you

Credit cards accepted

I was gifted a MBM some time ago, then I was gifted their decarb box ( fart box ) . I've made countless batches with it and the results have been ok. Hard to strain fully because the MBM has a blade that chops up your weed, that just muddies it up . They need a paddle instead so it doesn't chop. And you have to decarb before using. The last 4 batches I've been using the crockpot method . No decarb, cooks overnight, easy to strain. Imo a better product all around. Now I just use the MBM for some tincture, but that's about it. Old school :thumbsup: .

After 5 days without vaping and only using oils & mouth spray I have been thinking about making my own and my wife has been looking at the MBM2 for my birthday coming next month (she can never find me anything apparently). She has been getting the following as an add on her tablet...quite often, it does make the straining process look quite simple,

She has been getting the following as an add on her tablet...quite often, it does make the straining process look quite simple,
The old straining method they used with the bag was awful so it definitely needed some improving. A huge mess and it wasn't efficient at getting all your oil/butter out of your product. I don't own this new accessory and it does look like it makes things much easier.

I have mixed emotions about the MB machine. I use it to make my infused coconut oil (that I use for my salves). But have decided that the old crock pot method is better for butter. The butter seems to be stronger using the crock pot. And I've only used the machine once for tincture. Decided the cold extraction method works better for that as well.

I'm not knocking the machine. It does make things 'easier;' especially if the new straining method is as good as it looks.

The filter press looks easier than the bags
The machine is so so
I think it's great for coconut oil and I don't use butter at all now as coconut oil is better at infusion and can be used as butter in recipes

I don't make coconut oil or butter anymore though as I make feco
If I want to make edibles I will mix some feco with butter or coconut oil and cook with that or make gummies etc
Much more efficient way to get all of your goods out of the weed making feco first
Then using that in recipes, already decarbed and ready to go
Can just eat the oil on its own too

Feco has made my butter making non existent

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back