Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Old Mate Designs

No metal on metal contact
That's one of the features with the design and bearing
I think it's one of the reasons it works so well/fast too

It makes sense
New SS grinder from an Ausland company
Looks the goods
Apparently about half the pre-order have already been snapped up on the 3 piece
A large will happen too one day, he is fresh and starting out with what looks like a great design
No metal on metal contact
https://medicalcannabishardware.com/products/3-piece-medgrind-herb-grinder

I like the strong magnet
If it drops it looks like it has a chance of holding together
Would a lip on opposite sides of the top piece help to lift it off
When my hands are bothering me I drop shit.... a lot!

Do you have a plate for a fine grind?

It makes sense

I like the strong magnet
If it drops it looks like it has a chance of holding together
Would a lip on opposite sides of the top piece help to lift it off
When my hands are bothering me I drop shit.... a lot!

Do you have a plate for a fine grind?
So far I think he only has the one grind size
I actually like it a lot, nice and fluffy
I like a fine grind usually
This is like in between a medium and fine on the bcg, nice compromise

He was showing his friend has made some after market grips for them for easy gripping for people with such issues

Last edited:
Okay, so I was gonna wait a few extra days before taking pics
But after two nights I already have enough to show the difference

When I used my bcg as a DD I was mouth moistened qtipping the walls and under the plastic washer to keep clean from gunk after each grind or I got build up
After a while with no cleaning those smooth side walls get stuff sticking to them too in the past for me

I have done no maintenance at all to the MCH

Anyway two nights ago I cleaned and went back to the bcg for a better comparison after getting to know the MCH better
This time I have not been cleaning the bcg in between grinds or picking out bits
I have treated it the same way as the MCH has been for a couple weeks now

Here are pics
I have only been using the bcg for a couple nights from being cleaned
I've used the MCH for a few weeks with no maintenance whatsoever, just grind, empty and fidget spin

BCG after two nights and days use no cleaning
IMG20221214160033.jpg
IMG20221214160041.jpg
IMG20221214160059.jpg

MCH after a few weeks heavy use no cleaning
IMG20221214160205.jpg
IMG20221214160158.jpg

A picture speaks a thousand words.....

The only disclaimer for the bcg here is that I only have a small and I use a fine plate

New website
Rebranding
Selling "aromatherapy" devices for legal herbs etc so he can accept payments again

Back up and running
It's my new favourite grinder that so far seems to be leaving the others in the dust - IME

@momofthegoons
Is it possible to change the name of this thread to Old Mate Designs ? Or would it be better to just start a new thread?

Last edited:
Hello everyone!, thanks for the patience! Its been a rough ride the last week! As you have seen i am now "Old Mate Designs" I have had to rebrand for legality and payment receiving issues.
I should have my high risk Visa/Mastercard payment gateway (my stable forever payment gateway that deals with smoking/vaping payments) active in the next 48Hours. This has been approved and awaiting account activation. This is safe and secure for you, but unfortunately higher fees for me.

In the meantime i have been in contact with Shopify payments and they see no problems with my new website and are happy for me to start accepting payments again using their system (apple pay, google pay, shop pay etc). I'm still not convinced this is a reliable solution (they can shut this down very fast if someone complains or they feel the need), so i will always have the high risk payment provider as a backup option.

As for the pre orders: I am actually starting to setup to make these THIS WEEK! All things point to you guys getting these slightly earlier at this stage. I'm very excited to share the process along the way via YouTube and VA!.

My website is now https://oldmatedesigns.com/ if you want to check it out and jump on the pre order! Thanks so much for all the support. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have!

Hello everyone!, thanks for the patience! Its been a rough ride the last week! As you have seen i am now "Old Mate Designs" I have had to rebrand for legality and payment receiving issues.
I should have my high risk Visa/Mastercard payment gateway (my stable forever payment gateway that deals with smoking/vaping payments) active in the next 48Hours. This has been approved and awaiting account activation. This is safe and secure for you, but unfortunately higher fees for me.

In the meantime i have been in contact with Shopify payments and they see no problems with my new website and are happy for me to start accepting payments again using their system (apple pay, google pay, shop pay etc). I'm still not convinced this is a reliable solution (they can shut this down very fast if someone complains or they feel the need), so i will always have the high risk payment provider as a backup option.

As for the pre orders: I am actually starting to setup to make these THIS WEEK! All things point to you guys getting these slightly earlier at this stage. I'm very excited to share the process along the way via YouTube and VA!.

My website is now https://oldmatedesigns.com/ if you want to check it out and jump on the pre order! Thanks so much for all the support. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have!
Excellent news mate
So good to hear you've been able to make progress with the legalities and payment process
I am very eager to try the finalised version of the grinder
I am loving the reject bin model, I posted some videos on other channels
Might do a YouTube later for people to see it in action
Great news for you Ben and can't wait to watch you grow and see what you have to offer the community

OK, so now I am really looking forward to my new grinder, which chomped that bud down pretty quickly @felvapes!
I am also very interested in the swirls etc that are being looked at for visual effects, definitely something that has not even been thought of for a grinder.
I am usually a V3 type of guy but the OMD S/S was too nice looking to pass on...the Ozzie connection did help as I am biased due to knowing how well Aussie tradies are taught, my cousin is classed as "First Class Machinist' and 'Diesel Fitter' he sure can run a lathe .better than I can run a Plenty :twocents:

@felvapes thanks for starting this thread.
I'd missed it until tonight.

I don't collect much vape stuff and even though I'm in Canada I didn't get a BCG. Sure it looks nice and may well be a serious upgrade to my trusty SCS that I've used for years but it failed to supplant the SCS

BUT this one is next level and will be mine. Watched 2 videos and I'm on the pre-order. :aaaaa:

@MCH great work mate! May the world be your oyster, I'm delighted to get onboard this early.
I think your design is brilliant and the machining looks first rate.

For your consideration;
The only suggestion or improvement I'd welcome is less branding. I'm probably in the minority in this but I know I am not the only one. In fact if you still had the Medical Cannabis branding you started with I would not have ordered. The current branding didn't stop me from ordering but I would prefer something smaller, more discreet.

Naturally I understand why products are branded however I find most are way overdone. My favorite branding is from Cannabis Hardware, just a beautifully machine well designed logo on the shovelhead bowl and it only appears there. Speaks confidence to me, our product is that good we don't need to shout at ya.

@felvapes thanks for starting this thread.
I'd missed it until tonight.

I don't collect much vape stuff and even though I'm in Canada I didn't get a BCG. Sure it looks nice and may well be a serious upgrade to my trusty SCS that I've used for years but it failed to supplant the SCS

BUT this one is next level and will be mine. Watched 2 videos and I'm on the pre-order. :aaaaa:

@MCH great work mate! May the world be your oyster, I'm delighted to get onboard this early.
I think your design is brilliant and the machining looks first rate.

For your consideration;
The only suggestion or improvement I'd welcome is less branding. I'm probably in the minority in this but I know I am not the only one. In fact if you still had the Medical Cannabis branding you started with I would not have ordered. The current branding didn't stop me from ordering but I would prefer something smaller, more discreet.

Naturally I understand why products are branded however I find most are way overdone. My favorite branding is from Cannabis Hardware, just a beautifully machine well designed logo on the shovelhead bowl and it only appears there. Speaks confidence to me, our product is that good we don't need to shout at ya.
Thankyou for your support!!

I agree with your comments and will make changes to the engraving to be less obtrusive. Less is more sometimes! Will keep you guys posted.

Glad to have you onboard and thanks for the suggestions mate!

I agree with your comments and will make changes to the engraving to be less obtrusive. Less is more sometimes! Will keep you guys posted.
Maybe just a logo? Something that could be engraved or stamped that identified the grinder as yours without words?

Or you could just go the route that BCG did and have it plain. Your spinning top identifies it as yours so there might not be a need for further 'identification.'

The logo on top of the beta model I have is actually really good to look at when spinning
It makes nice patterns and blurs as it spins at different speeds
Almost like a hologram at times
I like a picture and stuff on there for this purpose
It needs at least two places with something on it to give the spin effects visually

Or you could just go the route that BCG did and have it plain
My BCG has a sneaky 'BCG' on the underside of the bottom plate near the center, only noticed it on a picture I uploaded!
My BCG is a large version so may be different.
I am looking forward to getting my OMD for sure!
Also, swirls are cool,

Looking forward to your interpretation of 'art' @MCH

Last edited:
Thankyou for your support!!

Glad to have you onboard and thanks for the suggestions mate!
Thank you for considering my comments!

I think the O and M from old maid are strong design elements that beg to be a cool and memorable logo. Circles and/or ovals triangle/pyramid shapes. I think they are kind of burnt into the human psyche (totality of the human mind, conscious and unconscious.) Plus OM is a transcendental mantra for those into that sort of belief system.

I see peeps are getting excited thinking about cool spinney designs. I see an opportunity to crowdsource great spinney designs from talent graphic artists and generate some social media traction at the same time. A contest of some sort. I have no idea how much of a PITA offering them would be but I'm confidant many would happily pay for such things.

I imagine you've already thought of all this or would have. I expect you are juggling a lot of balls ATM. :)

If you want or need any help with a logo my head sprouted a few that look decent in my minds eye. I could probably do some rough sketches to convey the idea and pretty it up you saw one that caught your eye. Or not as you see fit.

Cheers Old Mate!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back