Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Old Mate Designs

I do. But I also like to see things for myself. :smile: I love the BCG and know you have been a big fan as well. Your saying that this one is 'better' intrigues me since the BCG has been my daily driver since I got it.
I think the large bcg would be a different comparison especially with the medium plate, and yes my bcg was the first hand grinder I really liked
But the spinning action of the OMD that tells you it's finished and the speed has me won over currently

I always like to find out things for myself too
But I won't say something is good if I don't think it is either or "hide" issues

One thing I would like with the OMD is a stronger lower magnet
But Ben says this is the best combination he tried and a stronger one in his opinion will be too much

Not sure if I overlooked it but what type of grind does it produce and will plates be available for different grinds
I like the taste of the fine grind with the B2

The bottom magnet is important
I drop my SCC from time to time and the weight of the cap usually means it gets dislodged
The middle section which is lighter than the end caps holds and prevents a huge loss of material

Maybe somebody will do a T-bar and tube for quicker grinding of more material

Last edited:
Not sure if I overlooked it but what type of grind does it produce and will plates be available for different grinds
I like the taste of the fine grind with the B2

The bottom magnet is important
I drop my SCC from time to time and the weight of the cap usually means it gets dislodged
The middle section which is lighter than the end caps holds and prevents a huge loss of material

Maybe somebody will do a T-bar and tube for quicker grinding of more material
I agree the bottom magnet is important and that is why I suggested it be stronger
But he said the next strength up would add another KG of force to remove and he thinks it may make it too hard for people with grip issues
I dunno, I have test dropped it a few times and it hasn't come off at all, but I can pull it off easier than I wanted to

The grind is probably between a fine grind and a medium grind BCG
I usually like a fine grind myself but have being enjoying the compromise of this one
The latest version is a little larger grind than the demo one I have so I think it will satisfy more people out there in general although I preferred the finer one

This can grind over 2 grams easily
It's deceptive - like doctor who's TARDIS
Looks nice @felvapes is that the skateboard bearing?

Without seeing the logo, my vote would be to put it where the sun don't shine, failing that on the bottom. Do I have a vote, probably not. :yikes:
I don't think any of us have any votes now mate lol
He has gone quiet for a bit, I think he was overwhelmed trying to satisfy all the different requests/ideas from lots of different people (got caught in the discord world)
I know he is in production mode atm and busy getting them made
I did see him say elsewhere that he will be putting his logo on the grinder somewhere, but it will be less obvious than the demo one (mentioned less is more)
EDIT
Yes it's the skateboard bearing
The NTN is a better bearing, but it won't freespin that long

Last edited:

Old Mate Designs

ORDER #1017​

Your order is on the way​

Woohoo, thanks Ben.
I look forward to hearing people's experience
Most of my reviews and feedback have been based on the reject bin model I have become acquainted with
I am still putting the newly designed grind plate/teeth through its paces as there are some slight differences Ben made to the one I am used to

The outside shape I came up with is great for grip and feel/fidget spinning though

I will give more feedback and information for the community from my end
You all know me well after a number of years in the community, and I am known for my transparency about all my interactions and experience with products/sellers/value/business practices (dodgy or good)

Just got my new grinder after it was delayed 2x in the Auspost system, I got the NTN so not really a fidget spinner but it is smooth. Ben forgot to engrave mine with LesPlenty and apologized and said he has just been swamped but did manage my other request.
Here is a pic with my logo on the bottom,
1675219206355.jpg

It is quite heavy but only 43g more than my large BCG.

I decided I do need the grinder to be a fidget spinner so I ordered a ceramic ball, S/S hybrid spinning reel bearing, I was going to try all ceramic until I watched the video as the hybrid spins quite well, less than US$5.
Hybrid ABEC-7, S608 8x22x7mm
Mine came with a NTN 608LU (8mm=ID, 22mm=OD and 7mm=thickness of the bearing), and below is a link showing some alternatives if you ever need them,

Will you spin a bearing?
Heh, more like a tap, and I will make a video for you when I do it...in a month or so when the bearing finally arrives!

I got my friend's grinder and will say the fidget part is great...the standard 304S/S is also actually shinier/brighter than mine!
1675735456445.jpg

Works great in Australia, no DeJoy here to fuck it up. :twocents:

What I get for tracking from Australia Post
It looks like something's gone wrong, please try again later.
Been like that for days

Canada Post tracking
Feb. 3 5:19 pm
International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
Aumela, Australia

Soon I will da joy. :)

My OM landed yesterday. First impressions are that it's built well... love the spinner. Fits well in the hand. It has a nice sized 'chamber' for the ground herb that seems bigger than the BCG. It utilizes the same 'clam shell' technique to open the bottom herb chamber. But I am having a devil of a time opening the top section. Is there a secret to this lol? I can get it open but it takes quite a bit of effort compared to the bottom section.

Haven't ground anything in it yet... I'm waiting to see if I'm doing something wrong with the top section. I have arthritis in my hands and if it's going to be this hard for me to open it may not be the grinder for me. Not saying that it's a bad grinder.... just that I'm having a difficult time because of my own issues.

I'm waiting to see if I'm doing something wrong with the top section.
This is the opposite of the BCG, you have to keep the lid aligned as you remove it...as straight on/off as you can and you will find it much easier. The top section will 'bind' if you try to 'rock' it off like a BCG. :twocents:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back