Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Post your Cannabis Plant Pictures

We've had a couple of hard frosts here (quite early). A few years ago I met a local grower who suggested that cannabis plants tend to be frost tolerant. He usually waited until the first or second snowfall to harvest the later bloomers., so I've been leaving mine a bit longer than I would have. There are 4 left outside. They were really late starts (clones that were potted in early August) and they seem to be doing dandy. Pictures when I remember. They are in pots, and it wouldn't be difficult to put them indoors overnight, but so far they are looking happy.

Does anyone else have any ideas on 'how late is too late to harvest'?
I’m a bit different than most?
I plant in March or first of April and Harvest when ready(TRICONES are my guide) September-November (depends?)
Outside is my preference?
Inside is really expensive where I live?
Fertilizer’s are part of the green rush!
Clone’s I have experienced, however seed’s are my friend.

Last edited:
We had a hard freeze here last year and my buds were solid ice cubes that morn.
They weren't happy at all.
I've heard they like the frost but they sure didn't like being ice cubes. Not joking they were frozen solid.

A light Frost is ok, but a hard Frost, like 28°F for a few hours can freeze buds solid. Not good.

In my area outdoor harvest weather, cold and wet, causes lots of headaches. Last year it was estimated 80+% of outdoor crops had mold. Scary.

20191003_121643.jpg

Cold has been good for her. Just about ready for picktober! And so the work begins :razz2::goofy::smug:

I always set out my seedlings as soon as the spring temps are out of danger from frost. Usually in early May. I tend to grow high CBD strains or sativas which require the longest flowering period. I've had good luck in harvesting my plants in early November. I sometimes hope for a couple more weeks of warm sunshine for those landrace sativas to develop a bit more but couldn't risk them being killed by frost. They are definitely frost tolerant but a hard frost would not be good.

They seem to do fine in cold weather but I would harvest before a hard frost. Growth comes to a standstill in steady cool temps so I'm not sure it's worth the gamble but I've always tried to extend sativa flowering for as long as possible.

I live north of the 45th parallel, so our grow season is short. But back in the day there was a strain that friends grew that finished by the first week in September. It was called hawaiian, but I now think it was the original northern lights. A fast flowering sativa. It only yielded medium, but it was great quality and you could get a harvest before frost, mold, hunters finding it.

That's what we need now for our northern climates. Something that gets bigger than an auto, but starts flowering in early July. A sativa for northern growers that fits our season.

Maybe bigger yield outside?

Bigger yield per plant outdoors = YES, but only one harvest per year, I harvest 3 times a year indoors (I used to harvest 4 times a year when I was combusting)

Bigger yield per plant outdoors = YES, but only one harvest per year, I harvest 3 times a year indoors (I used to harvest 4 times a year when I was combusting)
Up near MALIBU and Northern CALIFORNIA CANNABIS is easy to grow!
Neem oil I spray while growing.
Inside is too expensive where I live?
20 plants will give me more than a year!
Food Saver’s pack the medicine?

Food Saver’s pack the medicine?
Mason Jars with a vacuum sealer, humidity control, and Oxygen absorb satchels are a growers friend, no neem oil needed(usually) but power here is quite expensive...$0.26 per kilowatt hour but still better than jail.

Stuck indoors here we have first frost in September and last frost mid June
Yep. I used to live in a similar climate. The first frost was usually around Labour Day, the beginning of Sept. and the last frost was always after Mothers Day, the end of May. Brutally short growing season. It's where I first gardened. I think the experience made me a better gardener overall, having to respect Mother Nature since she was dead serious about her rules.

Yep. I used to live in a similar climate. The first frost was usually around Labour Day, the beginning of Sept. and the last frost was always after Mothers Day, the end of May. Brutally short growing season. It's where I first gardened. I think the experience made me a better gardener overall, having to respect Mother Nature since she was dead serious about her rules.
Here in ausland it was always father's Day to mothers day was the growing season too
Before hydro that is

Well last night was a cold a s.o.b so I yanked my outdoors . A few needed another week to be proper. But oh well rather have a tad pre mature than ice cubes again. My green house doesn't seal up and is open , but I did my best to cover it up. I think they will be okay. I need to make it to Halloween on a few of my Green cracks. They are looking juicy hope they make it.

At least the cold front blew in a phenomenal Western Colorado sunset
20191009_184157.jpg

Last edited:
That is the first time I have used the laugh emoji thing, made me laugh, those poor little things...did you put them in a closet and forget about them?

When I was gifted them I wasn't quite sure what to do with them, being so late in the season to be starting clones. I set them in a part of the yard that gets almost full sun, in amongst a few cherry trees, and they did surprisingly well. I was thinking about tossing them into the tent, but they are pretty close to finished. Plus the tent is full :)

Two 315 CMH bulbs just starting up...

20191019_120205.jpg

Slowly lighting, with happy plants...
20191019_120210.jpg

Just coming out from 24 hours of darkness - they flipped :)

20191018_131929.jpg

Finished flipping, onwards to bud city. Will probably be getting some support ropes in the next little while, as well as some pruning and a nutrient strategy. I didn't know I was getting these fellers until the other day...
20191019_120307.jpg

Just coming out from 24 hours of darkness
That is why they stressed and wilted, just cut the light back from 18 or 24 hours of light to 12, never leave them in total darkness like that if you can help it (it does not happen to plants naturally)
Apart from that thy look great, the CMH really is a nice easy on the eyes light that is great for taking photos.
A nice idea having 2x lamps, can the unit still run if 1 bulb blows or is taken out for the Veg stage to save power as the plants require less light at that stage?

I had a single 315 last year (y very first ever grow light!) and got a great deal on the duallie so the other went to a friend.
If I would have been thinking when I got these beasties was repotting them into airpots. That might happen soonish anyways...
Thats a good question about the light. I was planning on using LED if I ever got around to needing a veg light. LED would seem to be a good choice for heat and cost alone, no? Or even one of those big CFL grow lights?

Regarding the 24 hours of darkness I do think I agree with your thoughts. It's just kinda neat to see how plants work, and how much control we have over their health and wellbeing through proper application of light, water and nutrients. Kinda like people. :)

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back