Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy R.I.P

Just heard Greg Allman died.

By BILL FRISKICS-WARRENMAY 27, 2017

Continue reading the main storyShare This Page
Photo
allman-obit-1-master768.jpg

Gregg Allman and the Allman Brothers Band at the Beacon Theater in New York in 2011.CreditChad Batka for The New York Times
Gregg Allman, a founding member of the Allman Brothers Band, the incendiary group that inspired and gave shape to both the Southern rock and jam-band movements, died on Saturday at his home in Savannah, Ga. He was 69.

His death was announced in a statement on Mr. Allman’s official website. No cause was given, but the statement said he had “struggled with many health issues over the past several years.”

It was complications from liver cancer is what I read in another article.

Last edited:
Biff, Bang, Kapoow!!

I also loved watching Batman on TV as a kid. In my mind the best actor on the show was Cesar Romero as the joker. His performance was incredible and stole the show every time he appeared!!! Interesting to note that he never would shave off his mustache for the show so they just put makeup over it.

the-joker-by-cesar-romero-by-w-e-s-d47f7v8-114790-133403.jpg

article-furst-4-0617.jpg

Stephen Furst (l.) starred as Flounder in "National Lampoon's Animal House" and is seen alongside actors John Belushi (c.) and Bruce McGill. Furst has died aged 63.
(UNIVERSAL PICTURES)
Stephen Furst, who played naive fraternity pledge Flounder in the hit movie “Animal House,” has died of complications from diabetes, his family said Saturday. Furst was 63.

Last edited:
John Heard passed away. He was only 71. He was the dad on Home Alone and was in many other movies. He was on some TV shows as well. I remember him in the Sopranos for a while.

He was found dead in his hotel room after having back surgery on Wednesday.

Last edited:

That aircraft was a complete POS and a real widow maker. I have seen the skid marks and burns off of the end of USAF base runways from the F-104.

Very fast in a straight line but with huge wing loading and it took 10 miles to turn it around.

Intended as an interceptor but for what, I dunno.

Also, and not to pick on the movie which I enjoyed, but they certainly didn't wear that kind of "space suit" helmet in the F-104, to my knowledge.

None of this, of course, takes away from Mr. Sheppard's very large body of work including his many highly lauded stage plays.

Last edited:
Glen Campbell passes away today. He's had Alzheimer's the last few years.
Glen Campbell, hit singer and guitarist, dead at 81

Campbell is best remembered for a string of country-inflected hits that ran from the mid-'60s to the late '80s: "Gentle on My Mind," "Rhinestone Cowboy," "By the Time I Get to Phoenix," "Wichita Lineman," "Galveston," "Southern Nights" and "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle" among them.

They fit in neatly on both pop and country radio, with two of them -- "Rhinestone Cowboy" and "Southern Nights" -- hitting No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
He was also famous for "The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour," a TV variety show that ran from 1969 to 1972.

Updated 7:33 PM ET, Tue August 8, 2017
170808164657-03-glen-campbell-exlarge-169.jpg

Fuck!:rip:

Sir Bruce Joseph Forsyth-Johnson CBE was an English television presenter and entertainer whose career spanned more than 75 years. In 2012, Guinness World Records recognised Forsyth as having the longest television career for a male entertainer. Wikipedia

Jerry Lewis is dead, he was 91. He wasn't one of my favorites, a talented guy though. He was a comedian and made a lot of movies. I personally don't like his type of comedy but that is just me. I'm sure he's loved by many fans. At one point he and Dean Martin did several movies together and were a comedy team. They had some kind of personal issues between them and eventually split up. He worked hard for muscular distrophy diseases, having the telethon each Labor Day.
jerry_lewis_photo_bettmanncontributor_getty_images_515497728jpg.jpg

Dick Gregory died as well. He was a early fighter for civil rights and also a comedian and an actor.

Throughout his life Dick Gregory has been committed to improving the social conditions of his fellow man. Born and raised in extreme poverty in a fatherless home in the ghettos of St. Louis, Mr. Gregory has risen to the highest heights of international accomplishment. Despite resistance from the powers that be every step of the way, Mr. Gregory has persevered and never wavered in his commitment to justice and equality.

Mr. Gregory’s achievements as a renowned author, recording artist, television and film personality, leading nutritionist, and his commitment to non-violent social change are just a few of the reasons he will be honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award during our 2nd Annual Senior Awards Luncheon, to take place on Friday, October 18, 2013 at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Phoenix, AZ.
Dick Gregory was born October 12, 1932 in St. Louis, Missouri. He is an African-American comedian, civil rights activist, and spokesman for health issues, who became nationally recognized in the 1960’s for a biting brand of comedy that attacked racial prejudice. By addressing his hard-hitting satire to white audiences, he gave a comedic voice to the rising Civil Rights Movement. In the 1980’s his nutrition business venture targeted unhealthy diets of black Americans.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back