Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy R.I.P

Need i remind you who you put in charge of the country...? :smile:
Fact is the state of healthcare in America is appaling, sorry if that offends you.
Okay.... enough. Saying that he had to sell his medal because of who is currently president here is ridiculous. And may I remind you... again Havelock.... from our rules:

"We are an apolitical forum. Controversial subjects (i.e. politics, religion..) are not allowed. They tend to create disharmony. Leave your drama at the door. Discussion regarding cannabis legalization, however, will be permitted."

Anything more on this and the whip comes out. And that goes for everyone who has commented.

Okay.... enough. Saying that he had to sell his medal because of who is currently president here is ridiculous. And may I remind you... again Havelock.... from our rules:

"We are an apolitical forum. Controversial subjects (i.e. politics, religion..) are not allowed. They tend to create disharmony. Leave your drama at the door. Discussion regarding cannabis legalization, however, will be permitted."

Anything more on this and the whip comes out. And that goes for everyone who has commented.

What's truly ridiculous is the inconsistencies in the moderating of this forum.
@Havelock Vetenari made a qualifying post in the appropriate thread and @Baron23 makes a snarky comment and @Havelock Vetenari gets dinged? Seems @Baron23 gets a pass on the rules in many threads.
I have reported his comments several times and have gotten blown off when he has clearly broken the rules.

I'm out of here

What's truly ridiculous is the inconsistencies in the moderating of this forum.
@Havelock Vetenari made a qualifying post in the appropriate thread and @Baron23 makes a snarky comment and @Havelock Vetenari gets dinged? Seems @Baron23 gets a pass on the rules in many threads.
I have reported his comments several times and have gotten blown off when he has clearly broken the rules.

I'm out of here
I'm sorry you feel that way. It wasn't Havelock's RIP announcement that was the issue. It was his political commentary that accompanied it. Baron's comments, as well as another member's who asked that they be deleted, were included in my moderator reprimand. And no points were issued despite the fact that both members have been warned in the past. However I will add that this is the last free pass.

Edit: I just went through all of our old reports Vape Guy... and your comment about having 'reported his comments several times' is not a factual one. In fact you have reported him once. And received a pm from me personally explaining why it was rejected. I hardly call that blowing you off.... :cool:

Last edited:
RIP, my dear friend Robert Smith.

Robert was a retired state social worker. He loved hiking, geo cache, and rock and roll / blues. He was instrumental getting blues festivals going in this state. He also gave tours of water falls.

He passed after a year and half of fighting various cancers. His friends (including me) will miss him. True to his nature he left most everything he had to charities. I won't quickly forget his love of music, his kindness, and social activism. Rest in peace my friend.

Last edited:
Okay.... enough. Saying that he had to sell his medal because of who is currently president here is ridiculous.

"We are an apolitical forum..
I did not say anything of the sort, i just pointed out the realities of current USA politics.
And no you are not.
Besides nobody being able to(see Thompson quote), you IMAO definitely seem to be on the right side of the political spectrum in your moderation.:eyebrow2:
I only reposted the sentiment in many most news stories about this great man's death and was called on that personally and indeed then felt the need to respond likewise, mea culpa.
Not sorry though, but i am afraid with this last parting shot i'm doing a Felicia flounce, been fun while it lasted.:hmm:
hunter.jpg

I normally wouldn't respond to something like this. But....

I did not say anything of the sort, i just pointed out the realities of current USA politics.
You say it yourself.... "I just pointed out the realities of current USA politics." What you did was give your political views... not directly quote from the article. Had you just directly quoted what the article stated none of this would have happened.

You and I have had personal conversations regarding the fact that I don't want politics discussed here . You have been told that it is not acceptable here and yet you continue to post inflammatory content.

The only politics that are allowable on this forum are cannabis politics; in other words, conversation regarding the legalization of cannabis. That is because on that subject we are pretty much united. Nothing divides like political discussion... as you can see from this exchange. And which is why I don't allow it. No matter which 'side' you are on.

:rip: Political discussions.:thumbsup: A wake worth going to.:partyhat:
I hate politics, mainly because it is compulsory to vote on election day here...wtf:shakehead:

you IMAO definitely seem to be on the right side of the political spectrum in your moderation.:eyebrow2:

Since you wish to make such statements can you provide specific examples? You can use the quote tool so it should not be overly burdensome to furnish said examples.

The only politics that are allowable on this forum are cannabis politics; in other words, conversation regarding the legalization of cannabis. That is because on that subject we are pretty much united. Nothing divides like political discussion... as you can see from this exchange. And which is why I don't allow it. No matter which 'side' you are on.

This is a "not up for debate" scenario folks. Keep political opinion away from this forum unless it is in a legal forum & relevant to that thread. Our one shared interest here is we all use cannabis to one degree or another. We welcome debate & discussion here. Cannabis discussion brought all of us to this forum after all. We did not come here for the scintillating political conversation. There are 1000 forums you can join & proffer political opinions in vigorous debate. Vapor Asylum is not the place for that discussion. End of story.

I hate politics, mainly because it is compulsory to vote on election day here...wtf:shakehead:

You & me both mate. At least we get a democracy sausage sanga & the best part of election day is the assorted cake stalls for a middle aged stoner to have a crack at :drooling:. The mums know they have hit paydirt when I rock up with a stupid smirk on my face :dog:.

R.I.P. Motor Cycle Joe.

It was the Fall of 1977. I was out of work and looking for a job. I ran in to a friend and asked him if he knew of any job openings. He did, so I put my name in and got an interview. I was sitting on a wooden bench waiting for my turn when out of the office comes this guy in a suit. He walks right up to me, shakes my hand and says good luck with the interview. Little did I know what that simple handshake would mean. As he walked away, I noticed he had a ponytail tucked in the under the back collar of his suit.

We both baffled them with bullshit and got the job. I left after 2 ½ years for another job and he stayed for the long run (34 years). It worked out good for our friendship, not working on opposite shifts. After I left, I confided in him that when I saw him walking away after the interview and saw the ponytail I said, Yes, I got the job ! (fist pump). He then told me that after they told him he had the job, they informed him that he would have to get a haircut and he agreed. As he started to leave, the boss asked him why he didn’t cut his hair before the interview. Always quick with a response, he asked well what if I hadn’t got the job ? Good point said the boss.

We had a friendship for 40 years. Didn’t waste any time. Whether it was a concert, a baseball game, boxing match or whatever, we did a lot. We always got along. He was a friend, a brother and a teacher. If you had some certain quality that he saw in you, he would let you in his world (The Fold). If you were smart and really listened to what he had to say, he taught you lessons to get you through life. He would always reinforce you. He would remind you of things that you sometimes took for granted. How lucky that you were for the family you had, your wife or husband and what a great job you did bringing up your kids. We would sit in his backyard having a joint and a beer, listening to the Grateful Dead or a baseball game and he would say "how good we have it right here, right now, what more did we need?"

“The Fold” I referred to had many different levels of secrecy like a lot of clubs do. Only a few of the lucky ones reached the top level. Kind of like when you were a kid and you had a tree house. Only certain people were allowed and no girls, because they had cooties. His wife used to say “your boyfriend is coming over for a play date” and we would laugh. There’s many things I can’t tell you because of it being a secret society.

He was very intelligent, he knew a lot about a lot, he never ceased to amaze me. He could fit in any crowd, any situation and immediately take command. And of course he was the funniest human being on the planet. I don’t think I ever heard him tell a one liner joke. He could dissect the moment and find humor. He could bring you to your knees with laughter, now he had you, then he’d come in for the kill and completely destroy you. One example was when we went to see the Allman Brothers and I brought my 2 sons, they were pretty young at the time. There was a break in the music and we were hanging out by the water. A seagull was above us and was dropping a mussel or a clam from above to the ground as they do to open it up. He starts telling us a story about when he was an iron worker and he was working up on a building. There were a whole bunch of Seagulls flying overhead. He said to one of the guys he was working with, hey check out all those seagulls. Just as the guy looked up and said wow, a seagull crapped and it went right in the guy’s mouth. I know, disgusting, yet true. Now we are all the ground crying and laughing. He’s got you right where he wants. He waits until you gain your composer. Then with a big grin, he comes in with the kill and says, Oh the best part, is the guys nickname was Pidge! This is what he was all about.

He was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer and we both knew it wasn't good. He accepted what he had and fought it tooth and nail, he tried. The end was tough. His wife was with him every step of the way. Shows how strong the women in our lives really are. We chatted small talk and really didn’t talk much about the matters on hand. We got to say good bye, without really saying it. We were always on the same page until the end. My only regret would have been if I hadn’t made it to Amsterdam with him. We had so much fun. Drank lots of beer and hit many coffee shops. I’ll always cherish that trip.

Things I will always remember about him. His stories, wisdom, compassion, wit, friendship and his love for music. I never knew when I went to his place, if the stereo was going to be playing The Grateful Dead or Mozart.

He cared deeply for everyone. He would want you to laugh and have fun. He very rarely said goodbye, it was usually Adios. I said Adios to my dear friend and thanks for always being there. I'm ok with his passing, but miss him every day.

Give someone in your life a hug today. Peace.....

R.I.P. Motor Cycle Joe.

It was the Fall of 1977. I was out of work and looking for a job. I ran in to a friend and asked him if he knew of any job openings. He did, so I put my name in and got an interview. I was sitting on a wooden bench waiting for my turn when out of the office comes this guy in a suit. He walks right up to me, shakes my hand and says good luck with the interview. Little did I know what that simple handshake would mean. As he walked away, I noticed he had a ponytail tucked in the under the back collar of his suit.

We both baffled them with bullshit and got the job. I left after 2 ½ years for another job and he stayed for the long run (34 years). It worked out good for our friendship, not working on opposite shifts. After I left, I confided in him that when I saw him walking away after the interview and saw the ponytail I said, Yes, I got the job ! (fist pump). He then told me that after they told him he had the job, they informed him that he would have to get a haircut and he agreed. As he started to leave, the boss asked him why he didn’t cut his hair before the interview. Always quick with a response, he asked well what if I hadn’t got the job ? Good point said the boss.

We had a friendship for 40 years. Didn’t waste any time. Whether it was a concert, a baseball game, boxing match or whatever, we did a lot. We always got along. He was a friend, a brother and a teacher. If you had some certain quality that he saw in you, he would let you in his world (The Fold). If you were smart and really listened to what he had to say, he taught you lessons to get you through life. He would always reinforce you. He would remind you of things that you sometimes took for granted. How lucky that you were for the family you had, your wife or husband and what a great job you did bringing up your kids. We would sit in his backyard having a joint and a beer, listening to the Grateful Dead or a baseball game and he would say "how good we have it right here, right now, what more did we need?"

“The Fold” I referred to had many different levels of secrecy like a lot of clubs do. Only a few of the lucky ones reached the top level. Kind of like when you were a kid and you had a tree house. Only certain people were allowed and no girls, because they had cooties. His wife used to say “your boyfriend is coming over for a play date” and we would laugh. There’s many things I can’t tell you because of it being a secret society.

He was very intelligent, he knew a lot about a lot, he never ceased to amaze me. He could fit in any crowd, any situation and immediately take command. And of course he was the funniest human being on the planet. I don’t think I ever heard him tell a one liner joke. He could dissect the moment and find humor. He could bring you to your knees with laughter, now he had you, then he’d come in for the kill and completely destroy you. One example was when we went to see the Allman Brothers and I brought my 2 sons, they were pretty young at the time. There was a break in the music and we were hanging out by the water. A seagull was above us and was dropping a mussel or a clam from above to the ground as they do to open it up. He starts telling us a story about when he was an iron worker and he was working up on a building. There were a whole bunch of Seagulls flying overhead. He said to one of the guys he was working with, hey check out all those seagulls. Just as the guy looked up and said wow, a seagull crapped and it went right in the guy’s mouth. I know, disgusting, yet true. Now we are all the ground crying and laughing. He’s got you right where he wants. He waits until you gain your composer. Then with a big grin, he comes in with the kill and says, Oh the best part, is the guys nickname was Pidge! This is what he was all about.

He was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer and we both knew it wasn't good. He accepted what he had and fought it tooth and nail, he tried. The end was tough. His wife was with him every step of the way. Shows how strong the women in our lives really are. We chatted small talk and really didn’t talk much about the matters on hand. We got to say good bye, without really saying it. We were always on the same page until the end. My only regret would have been if I hadn’t made it to Amsterdam with him. We had so much fun. Drank lots of beer and hit many coffee shops. I’ll always cherish that trip.

Things I will always remember about him. His stories, wisdom, compassion, wit, friendship and his love for music. I never knew when I went to his place, if the stereo was going to be playing The Grateful Dead or Mozart.

He cared deeply for everyone. He would want you to laugh and have fun. He very rarely said goodbye, it was usually Adios. I said Adios to my dear friend and thanks for always being there. I'm ok with his passing, but miss him every day.

Give someone in your life a hug today. Peace.....
I'm sorry about the passing of your friend. Real friends are rare and valuable and deserve all of the memories we can give them.

@Shredder, I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend. Is this the friend that you recently helped build the ramp?

The world has lost two great musicians Otis Rush and Jerry Gonzalez.

Otis Rush, Seminal Chicago Blues Guitarist, Dead at 84

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/otis-rush-chicago-blues-guitarist-dead-731136/

Jerry González, Innovator of Latin Jazz, Is Dead at 69

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/...ez-innovator-of-latin-jazz-is-dead-at-69.html

Yes, we built the wheel chair ramp for Rob. He only got to use it a handfull of times, but I know he appreciated our efforts, and we were glad to help.

@Shredder, I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend. Is this the friend that you recently helped build the ramp?

The world has lost two great musicians Otis Rush and Jerry Gonzalez.

Otis Rush, Seminal Chicago Blues Guitarist, Dead at 84

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/otis-rush-chicago-blues-guitarist-dead-731136/

Jerry González, Innovator of Latin Jazz, Is Dead at 69

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/...ez-innovator-of-latin-jazz-is-dead-at-69.html

Just got done reading "Wheels on Fire" by Levon Helms about The Band....who, by the by, were GREAT blues aficionados and he mentions a lot of the guys from back then incl Mr. Rush.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back