Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy R.I.P

Anthony Bourdain dead at 61.
Bummer.
I really loved watching and listening to him speak.
Gifted storyteller and champion of the people.
I just got a text about this.... he was, by far, my favorite 'celebrity chef.' He fought through so many battles in his life with addiction, etc. You have to wonder what would have driven him to suicide now that he is so succesful... so sad.

Eddy 'The Chief' Clearwater has died.

Chicago bluesman Eddy Clearwater, lauded for his guitar playing and flamboyant showmanship, has died of heart failure.
Alligator Records announced Clearwater, 83, died Friday in Skokie, Illinois.

According to Alligator Records, after Clearwater added a rock and roll element to his guitar playing, his then manager came up with the name Clear Waters as a play on blues legend Muddy Waters. The name eventually evolved into Eddy Clearwater.

R.I.P Anthony Bourdain, the black dog is a bitch.
Trust me I know.

I have a black dog…………………….

You wretched, cursed animal,
You black, slinking, sly cur,

I know you, I see you,
I hate you,

Yet I feed you,
constantly,

You are the voice that tells me I cant,
You are the voice that tells me I am wrong,
You are the voice that tells me I am broken,
You are the voice that tells me I am not good enough,

You loathe me,
Yet you are always with me,
constantly,

I am at your mercy,
I am your slave,
Always whispering, Often shouting,
constantly

I have screamed you away,
I have wished you away,
I have tried to self help you away,
I have tried to medicate you away,

Yet you are always there,
Always in the background,
often in the foreground,
constantly

My nightmare, my curse,
As always, my fault.
constantly

I have a black dog………………………………

dorkus_molorkus, Sep 5, 2013

hFpTibj_d.jpg

The old guy from Pawn Stars RIP

The dude that taught me how to grok :thumbsup:

Science fiction writer Harlan Ellison dies aged 84
Prolific writer and critic, whose credits include a Star Trek episode and the short story A Boy and His Dog, died in his sleep

5066.jpg

In his career, Ellison wrote over 1,800 short stories, screenplays, novellas, essays, critiques and teleplays,
winning eight Hugo awards. His wife Susan confirmed the news via her friend Christina Valada on Twitter.

“Susan Ellison has asked me to announce the passing of writer Harlan Ellison, in his sleep, earlier today,” she tweeted. “‘For a brief time I was here, and for a brief time, I mattered.’—HE, 1934-2018. Arrangements for a celebration of his life are pending.”

Ellison’s most notable work includes the short story A Boy and His Dog in 1969, which was later made into a film starring Don Johnson, and the controversial Star Trek episode The City on the Edge of Forever. He was also the editor of cult sci-fi anthologies Dangerous Visions and Again Dangerous Visions...

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/jun/28/harlan-ellison-death-science-fiction-star-trek

:rip:

Here is a nice pic of Aretha . . . :cry:

GettyImages-52206283-640x480.jpg

Burt Reynolds passed away this morning. I was never really a "fan" but I did enjoy the "Smokey and the Bandit" movies as well as "Gator" and "Hooper".

reynolds-burt.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back