Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tek Rosin Tek

@ataxian I agree with @felvapes .... I think your abv could be put to good use. Depends on your needs. But it could be as simple as adding it to your oatmeal in the morning. It's already decarbed. Or you could make tincture out of it with everclear.

But we digress.... this has nothing to do with rosin tek since we've already determined that abv isn't good for pressing.

@ataxian I agree with @felvapes .... I think your abv could be put to good use. Depends on your needs. But it could be as simple as adding it to your oatmeal in the morning. It's already decarbed. Or you could make tincture out of it with everclear.

But we digress.... this has nothing to do with rosin tek since we've already determined that abv isn't good for pressing.
@momofthegoons i will just make a sports lotion with it!
My son who is a sports agent will use it for muscles.
I will just buy it for now.

However ROSIN makes one feel fine! POV

I have finally leveled up. After the past few harvests with my rosin press I have mostly had some autos, but this last harvest had a majority of photo's as I was hopeful to get a lot more resin out of my flower. So I have just begun pressing what I consider the tops, and finally hitting 20% yield like I was getting from my caregiver. Pressing these buds about 1200 PSI at 200F for 2 mins with a filter. I am hopeful once I get to the choice colas I'll be getting an extra 2-3%.

BTW this was Orange Hill Special, dutch passion, really high euphoria, long lasting effects, flavor is interesting, skunky orange with some cleaner in there maybe? Smells louder than it tastes. Definitely will be going back to this one, it also makes a very crystaline rosin, tends to autobudder after about 6h, pressed at low temps such as 180F will even budder up while pressing.

HCnehcS.jpg

76fSv7J.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a good solution to adding a pressure gauge to a hydraulic cylinder powered rosin press. The quick couplers allow a lot of flexibility. This gauge adapter assembly can be moved between a hand pump and a foot pump quickly.

1/4" NPT quick couplers on both sides, one end connects to the hydraulic cylinder, the other end the hose connects into.

Cheap 10000 PSI 1/4" NPT quick couplers.
https://summit-hydraulics.com/product/1-4-10000-psi-high-pressure-hydraulic-quick-coupler-set/

w88e2r.jpg

This adapter assembly cost roughly $120 to build yourself.

I make very good hash oil with AVB

Others make good butter or coconut oil for medibles....

Many uses
Just not for rosin
@momofthegoons has a interesting flour she makes with ABV.
GLUTEN FREE FLOUR + ABV + GODIVA CHOCOLATE 4 brownies 2 savage my trash!
@lazylathe what do U do with your ABV?
I use 2 throw it in the garden.
Thinking to bake with it?
Been saving ABV for ROSIN however I will use SUGAR LEAF & SHADED NUGGETS 2 make GSC & DUTCH CRUNCH ROSIN when I get my DAB PRESS.
I quit making SHATTER after U told me about ROSIN!
The ABV will be made into baked goods.
GDP ROSIN I will just buy 2-day.
4 SLEEP GDP work’s 4-me?
PINEAPPLE EXPRESS 4-da day!
ROSIN thanksgiving!

Last edited:
Why is it that photos yield more rosin than autos?

Photos ? Not sure what your question is.

If you mean why do regular female cannabis plants yield more rosin than auto flowering plants. It depends, the biggest plants would usually return more in general and autos ussually don't get real big. They start flowering pretty quick and don't get big first. Regular plants are generally put into flower inside by the grower changing the light schedule. Autos just go into flower at whatever light. But a big auto could return more than a short wimpy regular plant.

It also depends on what is available to squeeze out. You can't get blood out of a rock, and likewise you need oil glands to make rosin.

If you meant something else, please explain.

Photos ? Not sure what your question is.

If you mean why do regular female cannabis plants yield more rosin than auto flowering plants. It depends, the biggest plants would usually return more in general and autos ussually don't get real big. They start flowering pretty quick and don't get big first. Regular plants are generally put into flower inside by the grower changing the light schedule. Autos just go into flower at whatever light. But a big auto could return more than a short wimpy regular plant.

It also depends on what is available to squeeze out. You can't get blood out of a rock, and likewise you need oil glands to make rosin.

If you meant something else, please explain.
No you got the gist of the question. Thanks. Good info!

I am wanting to upgrade my hair straightener and will probably get a 10t Dabpress eventually once I can find a way to pump it that will cost me less than a $1000 (2nd hand Enerpac pumps go for AU$1200 and up).
So to tide me over and be good to leave out for single nug crushing later on, I am looking at the following;
mini-rosin-press-duel-heated-plates-2.4-quot;-x-4.7-quot;-manual-rosin-heat-press.jpg

https://www.dhgate.com/product/mini-rosin-press-duel-heated-plates-2-4-quot/448080863.html

Any thoughts?
Looks okay for what it is
Interesting

Is that the biggest one they have?

My idea is for something small I can leave out and do a quick squish, fresh dabs when needed. The smallest Dabpress unit still looks quite large to leave on my workbench. Just kicking around some cheaper/smaller options.:thumbsup:

My idea is for something small I can leave out and do a quick squish, fresh dabs when needed. The smallest Dabpress unit still looks quite large to leave on my workbench. Just kicking around some cheaper/smaller options.:thumbsup:
I'd like something a little bigger maybe
But it could be good as a cheap option for now before a dabpress

Skunk #1 auto broad leaf pheno by seedsman, flower (mids) almost 5 weeks cured. Pressed @ 230F for about 2 mins with around 1200 PSI. It still autobudders while pressing though it stayed more of a honey consistency, should budder up on it's own in short time. 0.36g yield off of 3.5g flower.

20190629_105655.jpg

20190629_105714.jpg

What does 'Butter UP' mean and is it the same as 'Budder Up' if not what does that mean, I am guessing it means it solidifies?

What does 'Butter UP' mean and is it the same as 'Budder Up' if not what does that mean, I am guessing it means it solidifies?

It goes from a colored but clear paste to a more cloudy slightly more dry texture. Like from grease to cake batter.

Budder up = butter up

This happens when rosin has a high level of terpenes and thca. So it happens more frequently with fresher buds.

Older buds ussually dont butter.

You can cause some rosin to butter by manipulation. I collect rosin ( after scraping it off parchment paper) on a silicone pad. To butter it I warm it by my hands holding the pad and I keep folding the rosin and spreading it and refolding it. Sometimes it butters by itself.

I prefer buttered rosin because it's easier to handle. I don't think it makes a difference in taste or effect.

There is some talk about insta -buttering. It's claimed to hurt rosin flowing from the buds. And it would make seeing plant material difficult. I've never actually seen that myself. But mine does self butter if I use fresh buds.

Fresh buds generally make a lighter colored rosin than older well cured buds. The color doesn't seem to affect taste or effect.

I've found lately that rosin from older buds (6+ months) can be cleaner, as in less plant waxes in it. Evidenced by what's left on a nail or atomizer.

Edit: when I say fresh buds, I mean buds dry enough to go in jars. Squeezing too soon makes a rosin with water in it and a real gooey mess.

Last edited:
I'm starting to press a new variety, auto orange bud, so far I am seeing auto-buddering while pressing at 200F, the yields are around 11% (0.4g from 3.9g flower) . I am thinking of boosting the temps but the flavor will likely take a hit. I think the auto-buddering is causing the THCa to crystallize during pressing and get trapped inside the filter. This oil doesn't flow, it excretes then crystallizes. Bud was grown with chemical fertilizer and has been curing in a jar for 2 months. I am trying to figure out a way to get it to flow as oil and keep the terpenes. Perhaps I should go hotter? I like the budder consistency but would prefer if it would happen on it's own AFTER pressing not while pressing.

Anyone have any suggestions? I wish this variety was grown organically as I am sure it would have a higher % of terpenes which seem to lend to the rosin staying more of an oil consistency versus wax.

Auto orange bud by dutch passion, chemical fertilized flower press, 8wk jar cured flower - 200F / 1250 PSI on bag / 2 mins

rw6h3t.jpg

2w4mtfn.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back