Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tek Rosin Tek

@Shredder

Taking one cap for me is fine I can go about my day and achieve what is needed
I have a different tolerance to you obviously and medicate so yer - I am not sitting around sweating all day......... not sure of the connotations there in a vaping site...

Butane is not rated by me even in a lab
That has leftovers and is not something I want near my weed
At home it is definitely not a good idea as the gas is even more explosive than alcohols can be
If you have a lab there are soooo many better ways to process weed rosin for example....and others....so I do not like butane there either even with vacuums etc

I do think I am using RSO incorrectly as it may not be the rick simpson exactly......

i do an iso or ethanol (now I have a still) wash
2 - 3 washes mixing for around 20 odd minutes each time straining in between

I have been around weed since I was a kid (am not a young man these days either) and watched many processes and am learning the names people these days use for different things
I used RSO as I know it is an alcohol based wash

Using a still will not blow up if you are not ignorant and watch what you are doing- I am not sure that hillbilly alcoholics should be any more suited to using stills then stoners yet forums and knowledge is shared and people do it

Using a still also prevents the gas in the air for 90% of process so prevents explosions from sparks

You can also buy 4-5 L air stills now that are electric and completely contained and pretty idiot proof that run on your kitchen bench
As with weed the alcohol home brew tech has changed too

Only need to have burn off in open air in final part for short time now

I have also in the past seen the runny oil that you speak of and can tell it has not been boiled off and decarbed properly....both dangerous and less potent

If you know what you are doing though it is easy to do properly

I get the idea of not recommending dangerous thing to people although I was not doing so as much as sharing experience of what works well and most effective - .1 ml would maybe do you if you have a light tolerance......Still best way to check dosage and spread material out over your needs....actually more exact than edibles often are due to baking being its own science...
You could take one cap in the morning and be set to work all day happy yet functioning fully
Ppl also mix with coconut oil and then cap them if they have low tolerances

I also wasn't actually trying to give a tute here on rso just say it is a good way to get most out of material and check doses exactly

I think if you can find other concentrates at such ease that you can use them in edibles you are in a better spot than me atm....
The other reason alcohol washed oil whatever name - hash oil we always called it - is good is that it can be made from leaf or pucks or avb - I do not use avb for butter either as it does not taste as good, it goes in my oil washes

I use leaf or trim or shake or pucks or sometimes bud....or the wet left over material from bubble hash

@Baron23 nice squish results :)
I have been playing with my new slug and getting a few different results, but it seems to be going okay atm.....playing with my hair straightener and vice too at same time
I have no pics I am sorry as I dabbed all the goodies immediately in my quartzbanger and am currently sitting nicely :)

Still saving for a dabpress.....
Hi - the Slug looked to manual and complex for me....I’m just not a torch guy since I almost burnt down the house in early 80’s (and no, we won’t speak if that ! Ha ha).
Have you also looked at rosinpressny.com ? My friend got one of their presses and seems to be getting good results. I haven’t seen it in person yet.
Cheers

Hi - the Slug looked to manual and complex for me....I’m just not a torch guy since I almost burnt down the house in early 80’s (and no, we won’t speak if that ! Ha ha).
Have you also looked at rosinpressny.com ? My friend got one of their presses and seems to be getting good results. I haven’t seen it in person yet.
Cheers
The slug is a bit manual but it was cheap and I do not mind it once I worked it out

I still want a dabpress or the likes though

The rosinpressy you mention look interesting....although the 295$ one looks like cheap chinese ones on ebay

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5-x-5-R...214624?hash=item41d4ed96a0:g:fvcAAOSwg2FbUZ1r

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dual-El...642049?hash=item3b09de6c01:g:dvYAAOSwBY1bYTNp

The slug is a bit manual but it was cheap and I do not mind it once I worked it out

I still want a dabpress or the likes though

The rosinpressy you mention look interesting....although the 295$ one looks like cheap chinese ones on ebay

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/5-x-5-R...214624?hash=item41d4ed96a0:g:fvcAAOSwg2FbUZ1r

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Dual-El...642049?hash=item3b09de6c01:g:dvYAAOSwBY1bYTNp

Oh, yeah...that one looks like a modified t-shirt press.

Was referring to this one:

https://www.rosinpressny.com/View/10-Ton-Hydraulic-Rosin-Press

Dabpress is about to have 2 new additions to their range of presses. Roger, the dabpress dude, has amazing energy and lately he’s been focusing on reasonably priced all-in-one units in addition to their kits to be paired with shop presses. @psychonaut has been enlisted as their stateside representative and Q&A Guy, so we have an experienced and knowledgeable board member at our disposal!

I’m very excited about one of the new ones undergoing stress-testing because it’s going to be a smaller AIO for tiny runs, like 1-5 grams IIRC. It will have a robust frame and all the functionality of the big boys but w/ a 3-ton jack & 3x3 round plates. I believe it’s going to be a big winner for the rosineer who doesn’t have ounces and ounces to plough through (me!) but wants a proper press for decent yields that doesn’t involve repurposed crap or open flames and process that’s not easily repeated.

Taking one cap for me is fine I can go about my day and achieve what is needed
I have a different tolerance to you obviously and medicate so yer - I am not sitting around sweating all day......... not sure of the connotations there in a vaping site...
I was talking purely about the effects of edible cannabis on me in this comment man. Was not making any comment about you or the effects this might have on you :peace:

Butane is not rated by me even in a lab
That has leftovers and is not something I want near my weed
At home it is definitely not a good idea as the gas is even more explosive than alcohols can be
If you have a lab there are soooo many better ways to process weed rosin for example....and others....so I do not like butane there either even with vacuums etc
Got to disagree with this man. If you think that all BHO has residual butane, even that made in a lab, you need to look into fractional distillation, vacuum ovens and a variety of other advanced means of completely removing residual solvents. These methods aren't even new, this is old chemistry theory that has been in practice in all kinds of applications for many, many years. It can be done.

The sauce and diamonds that people like @SamuraiSam are making right now are something that just isn't as easy to make at scale using solventless techniques. There's always going to be a place for clean, tested BHO made in an appropriate facility. Even I have to acknowledge these factors, despite my preference for full melt and if I can't have full melt, rosin of course.

I do think I am using RSO incorrectly as it may not be the rick simpson exactly......

i do an iso or ethanol (now I have a still) wash
2 - 3 washes mixing for around 20 odd minutes each time straining in between

I have been around weed since I was a kid (am not a young man these days either) and watched many processes and am learning the names people these days use for different things
I used RSO as I know it is an alcohol based wash
All good my friend, I thought that you might have been using the term differently after my first post, so it appears we were talking about two different things above :peace:

Using a still will not blow up if you are not ignorant and watch what you are doing- I am not sure that hillbilly alcoholics should be any more suited to using stills then stoners yet forums and knowledge is shared and people do it

Using a still also prevents the gas in the air for 90% of process so prevents explosions from sparks

You can also buy 4-5 L air stills now that are electric and completely contained and pretty idiot proof that run on your kitchen bench
As with weed the alcohol home brew tech has changed too

Only need to have burn off in open air in final part for short time now
I accept all of these developments in still technology of course, but I still (pardon the pun) definitely don't wanna live on the same block as a lot of people who've I've known to use stills before. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't keep up with the times so well...

I have also in the past seen the runny oil that you speak of and can tell it has not been boiled off and decarbed properly....both dangerous and less potent

If you know what you are doing though it is easy to do properly
This is true, but I've been at teaching folks about this for years now man, long enough to see that many people do not do it properly. I have spent a very long time helping people to do all of these things now and I know and reserve the right to speak on the basis of what I am and am not comfortable facilitating :peace:

I get the idea of not recommending dangerous thing to people although I was not doing so as much as sharing experience of what works well and most effective - .1 ml would maybe do you if you have a light tolerance......Still best way to check dosage and spread material out over your needs....actually more exact than edibles often are due to baking being its own science...
You could take one cap in the morning and be set to work all day happy yet functioning fully
Ppl also mix with coconut oil and then cap them if they have low tolerances
Man the problem is that delta-11-THC, the byproduct of THCA getting cooked into delta-9-THC during the decarb and then being further 'cooked' in your stomach's juices causes a racy and intensified effect in many. This can cause panic, sweating and profound cognitive debilitation/fatigue, even in small doses.

To illustrate: I could dab .3g no problem and continue to do my scientific work for the rest of the day. If I ate it, I'd not be working that day. Many people have these different experiences from edibles and inhalables. Additionally, as a medical user, I'm using cannabis to function better, not to get as ripped as possible :peace:

Of course, I fully support the right of others to get as ripped as possible if that is what they want to do, it isn't like it is likely to hurt them :biggrin:

I also wasn't actually trying to give a tute here on rso just say it is a good way to get most out of material and check doses exactly
All good man, just to clarify, I was trying to give a tute. Basically the only reason that I post on these forums is to assist people on these topics these days. I am expressly here to offer my views and techniques on these methods and am not really here for much else :biggrin:

Extraction is a huge part of my life, and has brought me the most important medicine I've ever found. If I can help others to do the same, then that is the least I can do. However, I'm only gonna do so in ways that I'm comfortable with. Part of that is being very careful about solvent extraction advice. I'll say this just in case: Please don't take my advice as any kind of sleight towards, nor negative reflection upon you. There's only positive regard coming your way from this herbivore!

This is all advice intended for everybody and anybody who may come across this now, and in the future. I frequently get correspondence from people who've only just read posts I made years ago. :peace:

Dabpress is about to have 2 new additions to their range of presses. Roger, the dabpress dude, has amazing energy and lately he’s been focusing on reasonably priced all-in-one units in addition to their kits to be paired with shop presses. @psychonaut has been enlisted as their stateside representative and Q&A Guy, so we have an experienced and knowledgeable board member at our disposal!

I’m very excited about one of the new ones undergoing stress-testing because it’s going to be a smaller AIO for tiny runs, like 1-5 grams IIRC. It will have a robust frame and all the functionality of the big boys but w/ a 3-ton jack & 3x3 round plates. I believe it’s going to be a big winner for the rosineer who doesn’t have ounces and ounces to plough through (me!) but wants a proper press for decent yields that doesn’t involve repurposed crap or open flames and process that’s not easily repeated.
I have plans to get my hands on a large press myself soon, I'm gonna have to check these guys out with all these rumbings about them here :biggrin:

Last edited:
Oh shit, I forgot to mention I definitely get where you're coming from with this. Some of bubbleman's videos are not so interesting for me either, like the motorbike riding/sports type stuff. All that lifestyle stuff just doesn't really interest me either.

However, his products and cannabis extraction/growing related information sharing are to be praised, even if I don't use the same methods for bubble extraction. I have to give credit to bman for being one of the first to explain to me personally that the quality of your starting material is the main factor that determines whether you get full melt or not. The man is super approachable and responsive to the community and has learned from many of the most educated minds in the world when it comes to cannabis. That is such a valuable and uncommon resource.

He offers a lot of free support to the community and has for many years and that is something I will always respect. However like you, I'll continue to find myself wishing that he'd stop uploading most of his not-so-cannabis-related content to his bubbleman channel! To each their own, I suppose :peace:

Oh, please don't misunderstand me, my friend. I don't dislike Bubbleman and I am aware to some extent his contributions to the community and bubble hash in particular. I really don't have a problem with him at all. But I haven't watched any of his bubble hash vids and thought his squishing vids could use a bit less life style and a bit more informative data. But that's just me...many of the personalities on cannabis related vids on YouTube drive me crazy! LOL

Squished last night. Same herb, dropped the temps to 211 F, and pressure is not lacking. Got back 15.6%.

Couple of things involved here...I used a 160 mu seamless (well, heat sealed) rosin bag used flat (vice bottle tech). Broke big cola up into smaller nugs and ensured that all corners and edges were filled and that there were no gaps in the load. Another thing is that I swear that I saw the same loss of weight between immediate weighing and 3-4 minutes later. The 15.6 % is stable weight after a few minutes.

Got a nice pull/snap sort of consistency. It was a bit brittle right out of the press but then softened up and got a bit stickier. Pop it into the fridge and all is well.

I do continue to believe that to get really high yields I will have to find the right flower which is not necessarily this Pineapple Skunk. But the Skunk is great vaping and the rosin is terrific.

I have been hitting the rosin in my Liger with Obsidian because that insert is so very easy to clean and rosin is a bit dirty. Tonight I may try it in my rather new 710coils.com quartz banger with coil. I do get some great flavor out of that rig and just want to try it. I rather enjoy being able to see my melted rosin getting blown around the bottom of my banger from my carb cap! Yeah, I'm easy to entertain.

This can cause panic, sweating and profound cognitive debilitation/fatigue, even in small doses.
Sounds great, I love riding the snake, chuckin a whitey means you have done something right in my books.:thumbsup:

You're starting to show your age my dear... :dog:

White knuckling... as in having so much that the 'ride' is no longer mellow. :biggrin:

No, my sweet....its just that with my maturity I'm now experience enough that its not part of my reality HAHAHA (well, there was the edible incident in Feb when I had a cold....it resulted in a VERY long session of non-stop Olymipics watching...mainly, because I couldn't move! haha).

Sounds great, I love riding the snake, chuckin a whitey means you have done something right in my books.:thumbsup:

This is a big reason we now make cannacaps from concentrates. (rosin mostly) We used to make medibles from infused oil/butter. But useing relatively known amounts makes doses somewhat consistant.. Riding the snake? Lol or white knuckling is fun for me too, when it's expected.

I was talking purely about the effects of edible cannabis on me in this comment man. Was not making any comment about you or the effects this might have on you :peace:

Got to disagree with this man. If you think that all BHO has residual butane, even that made in a lab, you need to look into fractional distillation, vacuum ovens and a variety of other advanced means of completely removing residual solvents. These methods aren't even new, this is old chemistry theory that has been in practice in all kinds of applications for many, many years. It can be done.

The sauce and diamonds that people like @SamuraiSam are making right now are something that just isn't as easy to make at scale using solventless techniques. There's always going to be a place for clean, tested BHO made in an appropriate facility. Even I have to acknowledge these factors, despite my preference for full melt and if I can't have full melt, rosin of course.

All good my friend, I thought that you might have been using the term differently after my first post, so it appears we were talking about two different things above :peace:

I accept all of these developments in still technology of course, but I still (pardon the pun) definitely don't wanna live on the same block as a lot of people who've I've known to use stills before. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't keep up with the times so well...

This is true, but I've been at teaching folks about this for years now man, long enough to see that many people do not do it properly. I have spent a very long time helping people to do all of these things now and I know and reserve the right to speak on the basis of what I am and am not comfortable facilitating :peace:

Man the problem is that delta-11-THC, the byproduct of THCA getting cooked into delta-9-THC during the decarb and then being further 'cooked' in your stomach's juices causes a racy and intensified effect in many. This can cause panic, sweating and profound cognitive debilitation/fatigue, even in small doses.

To illustrate: I could dab .3g no problem and continue to do my scientific work for the rest of the day. If I ate it, I'd not be working that day. Many people have these different experiences from edibles and inhalables. Additionally, as a medical user, I'm using cannabis to function better, not to get as ripped as possible :peace:

Of course, I fully support the right of others to get as ripped as possible if that is what they want to do, it isn't like it is likely to hurt them :biggrin:

All good man, just to clarify, I was trying to give a tute. Basically the only reason that I post on these forums is to assist people on these topics these days. I am expressly here to offer my views and techniques on these methods and am not really here for much else :biggrin:

Extraction is a huge part of my life, and has brought me the most important medicine I've ever found. If I can help others to do the same, then that is the least I can do. However, I'm only gonna do so in ways that I'm comfortable with. Part of that is being very careful about solvent extraction advice. I'll say this just in case: Please don't take my advice as any kind of sleight towards, nor negative reflection upon you. There's only positive regard coming your way from this herbivore!

This is all advice intended for everybody and anybody who may come across this now, and in the future. I frequently get correspondence from people who've only just read posts I made years ago. :peace:

I have plans to get my hands on a large press myself soon, I'm gonna have to check these guys out with all these rumbings about them here :biggrin:

See you on the wrong thread to give an rso tute so head on another if you wish to do so yeah?

Thats why I have not gone into major detail about things in this thread

I if you read my comment know about vaccuums and still choose not to go near butane ...... There are many processes in many factories for many things we consume - I do not think they are all safe to consume, eat or drink though

like food - I prefer things fresh as poss and avoid processed as much as poss

If you are a medicinal user then eating it is the most effective way

as much as vaping is a good way to medicate and waaaayyyy better than smoking
It is not the ideal way to consume for meds alone

If you read my comments I spoke about trying to use medicine and dosing not as a get high only drug

The air still if you look it up is nothing that you are talking about and often used for oil production before the final step....

The other thing with medicine if you are aware is that unfortunately - unless for anxiety alone - the high doses that get you rocking are often the doses you need to cure many ailments - esp things like cancer and tumours - new patients are often told to low dose and slowly raise their tolerance so they can actually take enough to cure their particular aiment

So whilst getting high as a kite may not be your goal - unless you are need a cbd med or lesser ailments you will end up needing to take larger doses and thus will get a higher tolerance as you get high.....

Cannacaps even if diluted are the best way to consume your meds, just learn the dosage and how you need them made

If you are trying to shrink a cancer tumor you need at least a mil or more a day...... very high - but thats the meds

Seen the kids and the controversy about them taking meds as they have to learn to get high and take such high doses if it is to be effective at all

If you are so long term experienced I would think you know more about what YOU need as a dose by now.....

I know if I cant feel the meds then they are not good enough for me

Re the science work comment - again, not knowing what others do/have done and need to function at a high level for is different to your tolerance and capabilities
I understand being too toasted to operate and I do understand some can not function at all while stoned
But others are able to operate at higher doses than some
It is all relative

To function better I also need to feel my meds.....

Anyway

I much prefer to share what knowledge and experience we can and keep things on a path we all can follow to where we need to be as opposed to pissing contests of what is best

I wish you the best in your search and hope you can sort your dose though
It is all experiment until you find your level

Unless pure hard core meds and then as with any medicine it is a dose prescribed for the ailment....

Happy vaping and trials...at least it is a fun thing to trial and "error"

Last edited:
Sorry if my first line in above post sounded a bit narky
I was on an unusually low dose for evening after moving things out back all day and my dead muscle in my back was yelling at me

And tbh I do not usually take oils and concentrates in day if I have big days
One, I do not have access to them that much here and Two I save them for when I am getting blazed
This is why we have the fury2 etc for day use and medicating while going about our daybut not getting fully incapable of moving or thinking
Or a half dose of brownies if you can't vape at all
But the F2s etc are great for me to get through day and hit the big stuff when no responsibility happening
Anyway all in :peace: and sharing
Just some self reflection after some slug juice and relaxation before bed
:weed::smile:

PS sorry @momofthegoons in advance for the back to backs

Pic coming...

20180914_024204.jpg
20180914_024310.jpg

Slug Slime..... :smug:

Not quite getting the yields I think I should
But a bit of practice and I hope to get there
But it does produce some really nice rosin

Last edited by a moderator:
Gees you are old :myday:, do you remember the moon landing? Cool, I was suckin on tit while you were suckin on dope.:thumbsup:
@felvapes you should try wrapping your slug with copper wire (sounds rude) and hook up an induction heater;

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AU-ZVS-Induction-Heating-Driver-Board-High-Voltage-Generator-Circuit-PCB-12-30V/153147424681?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Read on FC that there are people experimenting with such ideas with the slug....no definitive responses yet though
I am interested in such

20180914_220702.jpg
20180914_220626.jpg

Got my best results yet tonight with the slug

Close to 20% of the 30% yields we are supposed to get

I think slightly drier material helps

Also 2g instead of 2,2 seems to give less unused material and less blowouts

Plus I had to heat an extra two minutes then natty suggests in his videos

Possibly as I have a different torch, not sure

But much happier with results now

I am using a slug deuce and heat for 2.50-3 mins

Last edited:
I much prefer to share what knowledge and experience we can and keep things on a path we all can follow to where we need to be as opposed to pissing contests of what is best
I had no intentions to engender any kind of 'pissing' contest and it seems like you've profoundly misunderstood me. This is the kind of animosity I'd like to avoid. I'll leave this discussion for now :peace:

I had no intentions to engender any kind of 'pissing' contest and it seems like you've profoundly misunderstood me. This is the kind of animosity I'd like to avoid. I'll leave this discussion for now :peace:
I like to avoid any animosity.....

tones and things....even if unintentional - at least I saw the possible path and apologised if I came across a certain way in reaction to you

I love those that say they wish to avoid things yet leave another possibly inflammatory comment and then say I am leaving....
rather high horse like - passive aggressive...

One could also just stay in the thread and no longer continue to bait the "animosity"
and move on - on topic - as had happened....

Anyway....
I wish you luck in your search for your dosage....and in further communications; and apologise again for reacting or adding; and wish to not fuel anything more

I hold no animosity towards you bud.....happy vaping....

My slug is producing well.....the dryness and quality of material really make a difference .....

I may buy the whip it torch suggested as this will help with timing I think

I have it down at about 3.50mins with my ebay torch I bought

It is meant to be 1.50 with the whip it

M slower heating is working well though for now
I just had to practice

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Cooking-Kitchen-Culinary-Blow-Butane-Torch-Lighter-Refillable-Baking-BBQ-Chef/323341658809?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

This is the torch I bought
A lot cheaper than the whip it....but takes 2 mins longer to heat the slug

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back