Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Second Grow

I thought the length of the branch is ok. I think, it is around 12 cm long.
When you initially cut the branch off the tree 12cm is ok as that gives you length to cut off the bottom of the cutting while underwater before quickly dipping in rooting gel to prevent air getting up the stem.
A bit of info for next time.

When you initially cut the branch off the tree 12cm is ok as that gives you length to cut off the bottom of the cutting while underwater before quickly dipping in rooting gel to prevent air getting up the stem.
A bit of info for next time.

I see, thank you!

Hopefully the baby will root nevertheless:nod: :weed:

Last edited:
Yesterday was the day on which I decided to flip the plants from veg to flower (12/12)
I plugged all the openings of the tent to make sure that the plants get a complete darkness. Though I ask myself how really important is that there is not even a small glimmer. :sherlock:

I urgently need a ventilation system for my tent. I am looking for one. Still need to make up my mind.

Anyway, since my last posting, the plants got a last drastic defoliation and had also enough time to recover properly before the switch.

They look great. Full of branches and vigorous :razz2: :weed:

Look at those two beautiful ladies:

1666022429506.jpg

1666022429517.jpg

1666022429528.jpg

And there is some other good news :razz2:
The baby managed to put down roots ultimately :homersimpson:

I am glad that it worked out well so far.
So, Chocolate's baby deserved its own pot ( a smaller one).

1666022429486.jpg

1666022429494.jpg

1666065384984.jpg

I am curious to see how things develop such as how quickly the plants will start flowering, how powerful the flowering stretch will be and whether the clone - being the child of Chocolate, I'll name her chocky - will manage to strive. :worship:

Last edited:
the clone - being the child of Chocolate, I'll name her chocky - will manage to strive. :worship:
If a clone is stressed at all during the first 2 weeks from taking it, you can expect over-all yield to suffer by up to 50%
I urgently need a ventilation system for my tent.
I just upgraded to AC Infinity and cannot recommend it highly enough. Full control over exhaust and circulation fans with a BT controller with App for temp and humidity triggers and speeds.
I got the S6, you nedd a S4 kit, no smell and quieter than my Phresh silenced unit that died,
Add a circulation fan (the larger circ fan does not matter to the controller) that is also able to be controlled by the madel 69 controller,

If a clone is stressed at all during the first 2 weeks from taking it, you can expect over-all yield to suffer by up to 50%
Well yes, it has just been a stress for it to root. It needs to become strong first before doing anything.
I am anyway not going to leave it vegetate long because I do not have the time for it. Let's see if and how it grows and then I will flip it to flower.

Here in Japan it is mostly sunny and I can take advantage of the sun on the balcony. I decided to let the lights in the tent go off at 11 p.m. and then go on at 11 a.m.
In this way the clone could be left on the balcony and get sun from around 6 a.m. and then it would join his mother in the tent at 11 a.m.

But there might be cloudy/rainy days of course. Therefore, I should by some sort of full spectrum grow light bulb. The thing is that I cannot spend more money in a good lamp at the moment.
I still need the ventilation system. Money do not grow like plants:rant:

I just upgraded to AC Infinity and cannot recommend it highly enough. Full control over exhaust and circulation fans with a BT controller with App for temp and humidity triggers and speeds.
I got the S6, you nedd a S4 kit, no smell and quieter than my Phresh silenced unit that died,

Thank you very much for your recommendation but what a coincidence because I was going to buy this one four days ago but eventually I had to find out that they want 200 $ for only for the shipping costs??!
It is crazy.

I could not find it on Amazon either. I then opted to the one of MArshydro which seems also to have a controller

https://marshydrojp.com/products/147mm-402cfm-ダクトフルセット

But believe it or not it is sold out.

By the way, speaking of the size. You suggested the S4, I think that it is too small. I actually wanted to buy the S6 but it is sold out. That is why I then made up my mind and decided to buy the S8 wich is surely bigger then the one that would suffice for my grow-tent but I think that it is even better to have it bigger because I guess I would not need to leave it run at maximum speed in any case and I could use if for bigger grow-tent should I decide to buy one in the future.
My actual grow-tent measures 120-60-180 (Width, depth, height- in cm).

But my search has been unsuccessful so far. That is why I said that I am still looking for one.
Reading now your good feedback about the Infinity Kit reinforces my wish to buy an Infinity one but it doesn't look like I can have good chances here in Japan!
:eyebrow:

Add a circulation fan (the larger circ fan does not matter to the controller) that is also able to be controlled by the madel 69 controller

I have a two small circulation fans in the tent but it can be that the one you suggested is better.

An S8 complete with charcoal filter might not fit in your tent...my S6 with filter is 850mm long so you may need to check.
There is also a Wi-Fi Controller 69 available now.
I have a two small circulation fans in the tent but it can be that the one you suggested is better.
The one I linked is also temp and humidity controlled by a probe that sends info to the 69 controller/phone. I set my exhaust to run at 20% continually and if the temp hits 22c the fan speed will rise in speed as needed up to whatever percentage I set as a maximum. The circulation fan is set at about the same but switches off completely under 22c. I can also set humidity triggers for both as the probe sends that info too. I am looking at expanding to add a S6 to my T6/oscillation fan setup to feed air in from my 'lung' room that has a LP gas heater for adding C02.
I purchased mine here, nice guy and very helpful with good prices...he might be able to help get something delivered direct to you @sballo

An S8 complete with charcoal filter might not fit in your tent...my S6 with filter is 850mm long so you may need to check.
There is also a Wi-Fi Controller 69 available now.

If I am not mistaken, both the S6 and S8 have the same size.

The one I linked is also temp and humidity controlled by a probe that sends info to the 69 controller/phone. I set my exhaust to run at 20% continually and if the temp hits 22c the fan speed will rise in speed as needed up to whatever percentage I set as a maximum. The circulation fan is set at about the same but switches off completely under 22c. I can also set humidity triggers for both as the probe sends that info too.

Yeah, no matter which ventilation system I will buy, it will definitely have to have a smart controller like the 69.
It is really amazing how much you can easily control with that equipment. A smart grow tent.

I purchased mine here, nice guy and very helpful with good prices...he might be able to help get something delivered direct to you @sballo

He might be a nice guy and very helpful but the prices ?! :shocked:

$733.45 AUD for the Combo Kit

I'll see if I can buy the single pieces on Amazon.
Mars Hydro or Vivosun could be a good alternative to the AC Infinity but according to the results provided by a test with a nanometer the AC Infinity seems to perform better.

He might be a nice guy and very helpful but the prices ?! :shocked:
I leave my gear unattended for long periods and do not trust cheap and cheerful in this instance...buy once, cry once.
His prices for that brand are quite cheap...I shopped around. I got the oscillation fans from Amazon though as they were in stock and cheaper for them.
AC Infinity has been making exhaust fans for high-end HI-FI gear for years (plus a lot of other uses). The AC Infinity line of grow gear, including the fans, is IP44 rated so handles moisture (I have a pile of rusted-up clip fans).

I leave my gear unattended for long periods and do not trust cheap and cheerful in this instance...buy once, cry once.
His prices for that brand are quite cheap...I shopped around. I got the oscillation fans from Amazon though as they were in stock and cheaper for them.
AC Infinity has been making exhaust fans for high-end HI-FI gear for years (plus a lot of other uses). The AC Infinity line of grow gear, including the fans, is IP44 rated so handles moisture (I have a pile of rusted-up clip fans).

I have just managed to find it on Amazon here in Japan. I am buying the following:

Inline duct fan & Smart Controller

Amazon product ASIN B074XBXFPD
Charcoal fan:

Amazon product ASIN B07GSKTT86
The duct hose (I am buying two of them because I take it that I will need one for the intake- in order to make flow fresh air into the tent but preventing that light penetrates and disturbs the dark phase.

Amazon product ASIN B07H26YT5R
and the hose clamps ( I wonder why it is not included with the duct hose :eyebrow: ) :

Amazon product ASIN B07G9Y5MT6

I am paying 47861Yen, wich correspond to $507,25 AUD

Definitely a much better price than the one from Australia which was $733.45 AUD , no to mention that I would have had to pay for the shipping cost and who knows if the Custom Clearance in Japan would charge me extra taxes.

I am glad that I managed to find it.

EDIT:

For the Infinity Carbon filter I would have had to pay a lot of money for the shipping costs. It might be sent from abroad.
That is why I had to look for an alternative:

I will buy this one:

Amazon product ASIN B09TYJ4FHD

I guess, I will need also hanging straps..

Last edited:
wonder why it is not included with the duct hose
They come with the exhaust fan
I guess, I will need also hanging straps..
They come with the exhaust fan.
I only suggested my seller as he may have been able to get it sent directly to you from China, glad you got them local, did you use one of the many Amazon codes available?
@momofthegoons I cannot see any pics above.

Blank spaces for me on my desktop too
It's OK on my tablet tho
Both running Chrome
I think the adblocker on my tablet routes the traffic thro a server somewhere, which may account for the difference???

When it comes to filters - I find it's best to buy the pro versions
And avoid the budget, hobbyist or short ones

I think the adblocker
Fixed, switching Adblock+ off for this site did the trick. I had already turned Adblock off on this laptop before but had to delete all history/cookies trying to fix an Aliexpress display problem and it must have turned on here again :shakehead:
Thanks @Hippie :cheers:
edit,
@sballo you will need a set of these for the carbon filter, the fan comes with straps but I replaced one of them with the following as well as they make things easy to maneuver,
Amazon product ASIN B09MTNK4MPAs always, find your best price, I found Amazon discount codes while watching reviews on Youtube of AC Infinity gear and also my Honey extension found discount codes.

Last edited:
I think they are great, got them on my 4wd awning instead of guyropes as well but I like your idea for extra sound isolation (not really a problem with the AC Infinity as it is so quiet).

@sballo you will need a set of these for the carbon filter, the fan comes with straps but I replaced one of them with the following as well as they make things easy to maneuver,
Amazon product ASIN B09MTNK4MPAs always, find your best price, I found Amazon discount codes while watching reviews on Youtube of AC Infinity gear and also my Honey extension found discount codes.

Yes thank you. In fact I was thinking of buying such like the ones you suggested but now I'm really curious of the following:
I've never got on well with those things
And favour bungee cords (straps?) instead as they're more secure, and they help to absorb vibration and hum for the neighbours lol
Do you have such?:

Amazon product ASIN B09GRHPF8Q

By the way, I have just realised that the controller 69 doesn't support any wi-fi connection but only Bluetooth :idon'tknow:
It's very disappointing!

There seems to be a new model but it's definitely not the one that we bought :ugh:
, @LesPlenty ?

What's the point of having a Bluetooth connection! The wi-fi is there one which makes the system smart:mad::buenrollo::frown:

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back