Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Suggestion Box

There are several categories with not very many threads within, and one category with only 1 thread in it. It seems like some of these less popular categories could possibly be combined, making the forums less confusing and cluttered. Also, category descriptions would assist many users in understanding the expected purpose of the categories. Some require no explanation, yet others are very vague. For instance, what is the difference between community and padded cell? They both seem off topic, but the distinction is unclear to me. I would guess padded cell is for outrageous or nonsensical posts whole community would be specific to the forums, like this suggestion thread.
That's my two cents. :)

There are several categories with not very many threads within, and one category with only 1 thread in it. It seems like some of these less popular categories could possibly be combined, making the forums less confusing and cluttered. Also, category descriptions would assist many users in understanding the expected purpose of the categories. Some require no explanation, yet others are very vague. For instance, what is the difference between community and padded cell? They both seem off topic, but the distinction is unclear to me. I would guess padded cell is for outrageous or nonsensical posts whole community would be specific to the forums, like this suggestion thread.
That's my two cents. :)
Thanks for the suggestions. :smile: And the kick in the pants to do a bit of 'clean up' lol... :lol:

If you hover over the category names, you will see a description pop up. If any are too vague let me know and I can change it.

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 8.50.11 AM.jpg

Granted... there are a few threads that have snuck into forums they don't belong in.... and I'll work on trying to clean that up this afternoon.

I'll also look around and see if I can't condense some stuff. :thumbsup:

That description trick only works if I'm on a computer, however I almost always use a phone to use the forums. I was thinking it would be nice if the description of the category showed up under the name when one entered the category. Up at the top of the page.

Edit: When I view the site from my laptop, the descriptions show as expected. I guess it's a mobile skin thing. I don't know.

Last edited:
That description trick only works if I'm on a computer, however I almost always use a phone to use the forums. I was thinking it would be nice if the description of the category showed up under the name when one entered the category. Up at the top of the page.

Edit: When I view the site from my laptop, the descriptions show as expected. I guess it's a mobile skin thing. I don't know.
Okay... I wanted to get back to you on this. I've checked into it and the issue is with mobiles. There are several features that can't be displayed on mobiles... and there isn't much I can do about it. I don't want to put category descriptions under all the category names because I think that clutters the home forum page even more than it already is. My feeling is that the forum headers (with a few possible exceptions; like Padded Cell) are pretty clear.

As to the one forum with only one thread, I'm guessing you are talking about the Pay It Forward thread. And this is a thread I want prominent since it is an area that I want to expand in.

I feel at this point I should explain why.... when I started this site it was to make a place of community support (rather than just vape talk and promotion). I want to start programs for veterans and other pay it forward type programs. Just haven't had the funds to do so yet. But it is the spirit of the forum... not vape sales. That is why the vape threads aren't as prominent on the home page as the other threads that are for information and support. For me, this forum isn't about making money... it's about giving back; whether it be information or actual support.

...not a suggestion, but a comment/praise on this site.... Thank the gaotu that all pictures show and are visible on vapourasylum

xFrJtHx.gif

...and thank you @momofthegoons for this wonderful site!

Something that has always been a sticking point for members who have been around a while is a noob coming into a vape thread and asking questions that have been asked a bazillion times in the past. One thing that we can do to help with this is to have a 'how to' or 'best of' resource for a popular vape. @Squiby made a fabulous resource for the Vapcap and it is a great example of what I am talking about. While we don't need one for every vape that comes down the pike, I would love to see one developed for any vape that is featured here and popular (the EVO springs to mind). Especially once there are multiple pages of conversation in the thread and information becomes harder to find. This is more food for future thought since we are not as vape oriented as some forums. And perhaps could also apply to the Grow Tech forum.

I've talked to @Stevenski and the two of us are going to collab to put one together for the WoodScents. But if there are any members who would like to contribute to a resource on another popular and trusted vape that is featured here, I would welcome it. That way our newcomers will have a place to go that will, hopefully, answer the majority of new owner questions. And will also serve as a place to point them should they ask in a thread.

A clear,concise source of factual info on individual vaporizers would be awesome.
Sizes,materials used durability issues..........as long as it is factual and does not turn into a sales tool................something sorely needed and glaringly missing imo.

A clear,concise source of factual info on individual vaporizers would be awesome.
Sizes,materials used durability issues..........as long as it is factual and does not turn into a sales tool................something sorely needed and glaringly missing imo.
Very valid points. Especially the sales aspect. And is why I would prefer the members write them. With no fanboyism... of course :wink:

What I am thinking is more like instructions for use & assorted tips & tricks. No sales or any sort but reasoned real world opinions on how to maximise enjoyment from ABC vaporiser. Any material & safety information available If there is safety information it will be included or linked in the thread.

The good news is most vapes released these days are set & forget. The Mighty for example does not need any real instructions as it is largely foolproof outside packing density or using capsules. Other vapes are different such as handmade logs & a lot of the older style vapes like the Arizer EQ. Between a whole bunch of people assorted things were done with trial & error until there was a standard mods list & then there were the folks like @Cuckfumbustion & myself who were a bit more experimental. I miss those days of tuning & testing & sharing the results.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back