Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Suggestion Box

If we could get this smilie that would be great:
ko.gif

I think the Admin of this site can add any smiley that you can show.
most can be copied and then pasted from one site to the next
Left click any one of these and it will tell the source code also! the one @t-dub sited is: : ko : but if done without the spaces it is :ko:

I'd like to see on the home page a reference to:
  • # of days without incident (i.e. number of days since the last DDOS or technical issue), only because I think it would be interesting. Could also use the space to indicate any current ongoing service issues)

• # of days since last user Waring Mark issued (if you want to be really harsh you could highlight who received it)

# of days since last user Waring Mark issued (if you want to be really harsh you could highlight who received it)
I'm not digging this.... reminds me of the 'Hall of Shame' at the principle's office......

# of days without incident (i.e. number of days since the last DDOS or technical issue), only because I think it would be interesting.
Well.. since I don't think there's been a day yet without an attack (some aren't successful) I can tell you that it's been 0 days of operating smoothly.

Some of the error messages and the gif download issue that we are having right now may be caused by software glitches that occurred when we put added protection on. It probably requires another add on. Whatever it takes, I'm determined to get it done.

I'm not digging this.... reminds me of the 'Hall of Shame' at the principle's office......

Well.. since I don't think there's been a day yet without an attack (some aren't successful) I can tell you that it's been 0 days of operating smoothly.

Some of the error messages and the gif download issue that we are having right now may be caused by software glitches that occurred when we put added protection on. It probably requires another add on. Whatever it takes, I'm determined to get it done.

Fair enough RE the warning marker thingy, I was mostly thinking of a counter rather than the harsh approach but I thought I'd chuck that in there.

Regarding the current ongoing incidents, it's just teething issues, don't worry you'll crack them. It's always the case that at the beginning of a technical implementation there are going to be a flood of issues that need resolving but once they are resolved you'll find it will end up being a trickle of maintenance changes and the odd service provider hiccup.

As for the attacks, hopefully they will also reduce as the attacker loses interest or the systems becomes more robust. At least you guys are getting some good experience dealing with DDOS attacks, it was bound to happen at some point so atleast now you get a chance to figure out a solution before the user increases to larger numbers. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi @momofthegoons - small suggestion on format. The format used for "quote" boxes in replies doesn't really stand out against the background color and I suggest making the background of the quote boxes something with a bit more contrast.

As it is, its too easy to misread a post by not being clear what is new versus quoted text.

Just a thought.

Hi @momofthegoons - small suggestion on format. The format used for "quote" boxes in replies doesn't really stand out against the background color and I suggest making the background of the quote boxes something with a bit more contrast.

As it is, its too easy to misread a post by not being clear what is new versus quoted text.

Just a thought.

Also I've noticed the background colours of some of the buttons results in the button text being hard to read:

3XmCMgV.jpg

I am continuing to work on some of the suggestions presented here... background colors for quotes and reply buttons are next on my list.

Edit: Quote background fixed. :wink:

I also wanted to point out that the site is now fully https. You can enter the forum address using that prefix if you prefer.

Last edited:
I suggest to have our status show on the main page. I think it was like that before? Below the "new posts"...maybe I'm just high. :spidey:
The only thing that's been removed from the home page (since the start) is the profile posting. I didn't feel it was necessary for everyone to see everything posted on each member's profile page.

It could be that I haven't had coffee yet... but I'm not sure what you mean by 'status.'

The only thing that's been removed from the home page (since the start) is the profile posting. I didn't feel it was necessary for everyone to see everything posted on each member's profile page.

It could be that I haven't had coffee yet... but I'm not sure what you mean by 'status.'

Yeah that's what I mean. Our profile posts or "status". I liked it. It showed the last 5 profile posts like the new content.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but it's the first thought I've had in my very little time here;

Would it be possible to add a site logo that'd be displayed in the upper-left of the browser tab/window, and as an icon for a bookmark?

Most websites have a small image that helps identify the site, and this allows me to keep my Bookmarks toolbar mostly free of text :)

G28HVGR.png

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but it's the first thought I've had in my very little time here;

Would it be possible to add a site logo that'd be displayed in the upper-left of the browser tab/window, and as an icon for a bookmark?

Most websites have a small image that helps identify the site, and this allows me to keep my Bookmarks toolbar mostly free of text :)

G28HVGR.png
The favicon in the URL has been done. The bookmark is next on my list and should be available within the next day or so. :biggrin:

Members may also have noticed that I've been doing a bit of house cleaning and some forums have been moved. Sorry if anyone has had a hard time finding anything because of it. No worries.... @OldOyler is still our main Janitor, but I thought I'd help by shouldering the non IT load. :wink:

hwc3mAy.jpg

I want to thank everyone who has weathered all of the growing pains we've had during our last couple months. It's been great reading your posts and I really appreciate the help in making our community grow. Be on the look out for my thank you in about two weeks...... :heart:

The favicon in the URL has been done. The bookmark is next on my list and should be available within the next day or so. :biggrin:

Members may also have noticed that I've been doing a bit of house cleaning and some forums have been moved. Sorry if anyone has had a hard time finding anything because of it. No worries.... @OldOyler is still our main Janitor, but I thought I'd help by shouldering the non IT load. :wink:

hwc3mAy.jpg

I want to thank everyone who has weathered all of the growing pains we've had during our last couple months. It's been great reading your posts and I really appreciate the help in making our community grow. Be on the look out for my thank you in about two weeks...... :heart:
How did you know that women cleaning house in cocktail dresses and heels is my big turn on? LOL

Actually, I do think I want her. LOL No...wait...well, really I do haha

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back