Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy The Beats

When I was 17 there was this little place called The Palladium nearby that showcased some incredible talent. Held maybe 500 people tops. This is one of the groups I saw there... front row... and amazing. Those were the days... I saw so many incredible bands there.

So into the wayback machine we go....

The Glorious Sons - Kill The Lights & Sometimes On A Sunday

Completely un-PC....but I don't care. Legend is that this song was written by men on a chain gang and they used it as a work song...call and response kind of thing.

"Black Betty" (Roud 11668) is a 20th-century African-American work song often credited to Huddie "Lead Belly" Ledbetter as the author, though the earliest recordings are not by him. Some sources claim it is one of Lead Belly's many adaptations of earlier folk material;[1] in this case an 18th-century marching cadence about a flintlock musket. There are numerous recorded versions, including a cappella, folk, and rock arrangements. The best known modern recordings are rock versions by Ram Jam, Tom Jones, and Spiderbait, all of which were hits.

The song was first recorded in the field by US musicologists John and Alan Lomax in December 1933, performed a cappella by the convict James "Iron Head" Baker and a group at Central State Farm, Sugar Land, Texas (a State prison farm).[12] Baker was 63 years old at the time of the recording.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back