Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy The Garden Thread

20190514_162946.jpg

OK, so I didn't really grow ferns, as much as leave the "fern area" alone, (except for mulching, feeding and watering - I'm not flat out neglectful). There is now a huge fern bank where there had once been a struggling fern from a prior owner. I don't have room for a Redwood tree, but the ferns give a park-like feel to the area anyway ( does anyone else associate redwoods and parks?)

Your ferns remind me of my cottage and 'up north' @Madri-Gal. So yes... I see the correlation between forest and ferns. :biggrin:

I struggle to keep mine in check. They want to take over the gardens up there. Of course, that's partly my fault. We don't have any form of sprinkler system up there and I've given up trying to keep stuff alive. It's too hard when you're not there all the time. I'm hoping this is the year we put a pump in at the lakefront to water the beds with lake water. If so, I'm going great guns and re-establishing my gardens. The deer will be thrilled. :lol:

Your ferns remind me of my cottage and 'up north' @Madri-Gal. So yes... I see the correlation between forest and ferns. :biggrin:

I struggle to keep mine in check. They want to take over the gardens up there. Of course, that's partly my fault. We don't have any form of sprinkler system up there and I've given up trying to keep stuff alive. It's too hard when you're not there all the time. I'm hoping this is the year we put a pump in at the lakefront to water the beds with lake water. If so, I'm going great guns and re-establishing my gardens. The deer will be thrilled. :lol:
I made the mistake of planting Morning Glories five years ago. They did well. Too well. They tried to take over my yard, and we tore them out, but they had ran over to the neighbors yards, then ran back to mine (I fight off their ivy, so we're all in this together). It took us six years to finally get rid of our mint mistake. It's hard to imagine ferns taking over, but I couldn't see it with mint or morning glories either. Plant management is a challenge for me, but I don't want a lawn, so something else has to happen. The easy way would be morning glories and mint, I expect, with Ivy accents.

View attachment 9325
OK, so I didn't really grow ferns, as much as leave the "fern area" alone, (except for mulching, feeding and watering - I'm not flat out neglectful). There is now a huge fern bank where there had once been a struggling fern from a prior owner. I don't have room for a Redwood tree, but the ferns give a park-like feel to the area anyway ( does anyone else associate redwoods and parks?)
The park in the tract from the 60’s when this house was built! (63’) last century!
Anyway we have AUSTRALIA ECU’S & Tree’s from NORTHERN CALIFORNIA at this park!
Most of da plant’s R looking healthy!

The park in the tract from the 60’s when this house was built! (63’) last century!
Anyway we have AUSTRALIA ECU’S & Tree’s from NORTHERN CALIFORNIA at this park!
Most of da plant’s R looking healthy!
ECU?
Electronic Control Units? From a car?
Lol

Maybe he meant Eucs? :thinker: As in Eucalyptus? :biggrin:
@momofthegoons I sorry to be misunderstood?
Thank U 4 covering my follies!

I love plant’s!
CANNABIS is pretty as well!

ROSIN excessively?
@felvapes in the 3rd world BANNANA republic I have ROSIN 3 kine’s + one jar of nuggets of a outdoor kine?

CANNABIS is very modern?
OZ?
U people down under have a nice huge country perfect 4 large crops of medicine 4 the civilized people of AUSTRALIA!
So modern were your located!
We’re not the same like 50 year’s ago?
Paradise paved!

Last edited:
Here are some goings on around the place. Several beds have not been cleaned up and mulched but that's an unrealistic expectation. I putter along, slowly exerting my influence on the wild.

In the mean time, here are some planters...

Spicy Petunias.
5yre6h.jpg

Coleus and trailing ivy.
11ragsz.jpg

Dahlia mixed planter
3v3lt.jpg

Here are some goings on around the place. Several beds have not been cleaned up and mulched but that's an unrealistic expectation. I putter along, slowly exerting my influence on the wild.

In the mean time, here are some planters...

Spicy Petunias.
5yre6h.jpg

Coleus and trailing ivy.
11ragsz.jpg

Dahlia mixed planter
3v3lt.jpg
Very nice!
I love palm trees & my wife hates them!
Flower planting 2-day.
Thank U 4 your photo!

I love to have my hands in the dirt and am slowly taming my wild bit of paradise. I'm in zone 5 and peacefully, mostly, share my space with a variety of wild creatures.

Hostas and peonies
1671ogg.jpg

if0fvn.jpg

Ligularia and Coral Bells. First and second seasons.
2r57n0l.jpg

Gout weed, Sum and Substance Hosta, a couple daylilies and climbing hydrangea.
1178x38.jpg

I love to have my hands in the dirt and am slowly taming my wild bit of paradise. I'm in zone 5 and peacefully, mostly, share my space with a variety of wild creatures.

Hostas and peonies
1671ogg.jpg

if0fvn.jpg

Ligularia and Coral Bells. First and second seasons.
2r57n0l.jpg

Gout weed, Sum and Substance Hosta, a couple daylilies and climbing hydrangea.
1178x38.jpg
It does indeed look like paradise. All it needs is some Special Green....:wink: :weed:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back