Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Hello VA!
I've been busy with some custom work as well as trying to build up some inventory and get @Ed's TnT restocked with Woodscents stands.

Last batch of this design of Woodscents stand!
View attachment 11886

Here is a complex (for me!) stand with very specific needs.
View attachment 11887
The customer wanted a debowler too so I had the opportunity to coordinate with @Ed's TnT and son of Ed on having it fit and match the stand. Ed's son did a great job.

Next was a stand out of ambrosia maple and walnut for a customer that wanted to hold 44 vapcaps and showcase 4.
View attachment 11889
It's big and heavy so I added some finger grooves to help lift it.
View attachment 11892

I also put together some smaller options that I'm calling the Pipsqueak.
View attachment 11885
These hold 3 vapcaps and for this batch I used variations of padauk, canarywood and walnut.
View attachment 11883

The latest project was finally putting together my take on an induction heater. This was a prototype. I ordered the guts directly from Pipe's and added a 2200 mah lipo battery. I'm sarcastically calling it the Mobile Executive.

I made this one out of roasted ash and cherry. The roasted ash looks great when done, but is quite hard to avoid tear out. I don't think I'll be using it again. Here you can see the tear out around the battery level indicator.
View attachment 11890
Thanks for looking and hope everyone is staying chill!

You have done a beautiful job, @Timberhead

Appreciate you and your client letting me hand this job off to my son, was a real treat to have him in the shop with me and see him get excited about doing this. It lit a fire in him that is slowly burning lol. I have been trying to get him to take more of a role in the biz and do his own thing and the debowler has been a great piece for him. It has Paduak body, walnut lid with paduak knob and african blackwood spike. Is just a hair under 2.5" OD with a 2" bore ID. was quite a task for our first time doing this sort of thing and was probably his 4th attempt at it before it finished out right.

2019-07-27 08.37.13.jpg

2019-07-27 17.03.19.jpg

Here it is with the stand

2019-08-03 17.16.09.jpg

Cant tell you all how much time and work goes into a piece like this and how everything has to be just right or its wrong. A couple peices were just a few .001" under and the fit was off enough that it wasnt cool. Some of the bodies were fine and told him to take em home and give em to a friend to be a safe place to put smalls, he says nope its not what its supposed to be and its wrong I am not giving someone something that is messed up. Well I got a piece or two round the shop for my smalls that will remind me of him always.

Cant say it enough thanks much @Timberhead for what you did for my kid. I got him on a 4 day work schedule tuesday to friday 2p to 6p, have walnut and mahogany coming this evening hoping he gets a few finished up this coming week, he needs gas money.

Btw this is the retail model he will be offering at my site, is walnut lower, maple spike, walnut lid, maple knob.

2019-08-01 15.45.43.jpg

2019-08-01 15.46.18.jpg

Well, I just pulled the trigger on a @Timberhead G43 stand. I wanted Walnut with Maple interior stripe but that was sold out so went for Walnut and Paduka.

Yes, a bit pricey but that's hand made craft work for you.

Lack of a stand that would allow the G43 to be reloaded while hot has been a long standing quest of mine. Timberhead looks to have come up with the right approach, IMO.

I was wondering who that strapping young lad that just ordered was @Baron23! :smile:
Seriously thanks very much.
I will drill the mod hole and finish it today!
Thanks!! So nice to see our vendor hanging on our community board. Outstanding.

Yeah, I gather that the walnut and maple sold out first. It was VERY attractive, particularly the model used on your site....great splalding.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Just as an update to the induction heater prototype...
I fully charged the 2200 lipo battery and was planning on testing the total clicks I could get on a full charge.

However, after 93 cold start clicks on the SS tip, the battery indicator finally registered a drop in battery level.
IMG_20190812_103242.jpg

I will take that!
I'm guessing that would equate to around 25 bowls before 1/3 of the battery is gone!

I'm very happy with that and plan on shipping it out today!

Thank you for taking one for the team
Hah!
If I did 93 hits I might be dead! I don't know how much a full tip would change the results though.

So will you be offering these for sale?
Hell yeah!
I'm hoping to refine a couple of things with the design today and build 2 more.
Once completed, they will be for sale.

will they include the IH?

I will offer with or without the IH guts. However, I will be building them to house the large battery.

And....
I am working on a couple of ideas to add to the design.

@Timberhead @momofthegoons

Wow, Timber is fast....my order, placed this weekend, has completed and I would expect a shipping notice soon. Very nice.

But guys, I must have missed something...I didn't know that Timber was making IH. Makes just the enclosure and uses someone else hardware or built from scratch.

I have a Lucid and like it, but battery capacity is crap and I'm def not getting 96 heat cycles before seeing battery charge level droppage.

@Timberhead @momofthegoons

Wow, Timber is fast....my order, placed this weekend, has completed and I would expect a shipping notice soon. Very nice.

But guys, I must have missed something...I didn't know that Timber was making IH. Makes just the enclosure and uses someone else hardware or built from scratch.

I have a Lucid and like it, but battery capacity is crap and I'm def not getting 96 heat cycles before seeing battery charge level droppage.

Last post on the previous page, towards the bottom. He used the IH kit from pipes and added a 2200 mah lipo battery.

Last post on the previous page, towards the bottom. He used the IH kit from pipes and added a 2200 mah lipo battery.
Thanks Moses....just read it over. Missed it the first time.

Cheers

Good morning again VA!

I've been working on the first production batch of Mobile Executive induction heaters.

I thought my stands were pretty complex but this build has really challenged me to try some new things.

First I started with the templates to route out the space I need to fit in the heater and battery.
On the top is my refined template and on the bottom is the first stab.
IMG_20190813_200629.jpg

After the template is done I can start milling the lumber. Each stand will have 4 pieces of lumber so that I have control over how centered the heater is in the stand.
Each side of the stand has it's own glue up and then I can route each half of the recess.
IMG_20190814_181000.jpg

Next I need to add the power jack into the back of the unit.
It takes 4 different drill bits to complete each one.
IMG_20190815_134241_573.jpg

After a test fit I can glue both halves together.
IMG_20190814_184005.jpg

After the final glue up, I need to add a rabbet in the bottom to accept a recessed access panel. This is where you will add the battery.
IMG_20190816_152646.jpg

Next is milling the access panel to fit into the bottom.
As there is some variance in the exact location of the tube on Pipe's heaters, each access panel needs to be custom fit for the heater.

Panel shaped to fit rabbet:
IMG_20190815_221905.jpg

Panel recessed into rabbet:
IMG_20190816_160301.jpg

The inside of the access panel will be shaped to hold the heater and battery in place so that nothing moves inside.
IMG_20190816_160315.jpg

Next I will be adding ventilation holes to the access panel.

Here is a shot of some of the first batch so far.
IMG_20190816_065456.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and have a great weekend!

Last edited:
Good morning again VA!

I've been working on the first production batch of Mobile Executive induction heaters.

I thought my stands were pretty complex but this build has really challenged me to try some new things.

First I started with the templates to route out the space I need to fit in the heater and battery.
On the top is my refined template and on the bottom is the first stab.
View attachment 12120

After the template is done I can start milling the lumber. Each stand will have 4 pieces of lumber so that I have control over how centered the heater is in the stand.
Each side of the stand has it's own glue up and then I can route half of the recess.
View attachment 12114

Next I need to add the power jack into the back of the unit.
It takes 4 different drill bits to complete each one.
View attachment 12124

Then I can glue both halves together and test fit.
View attachment 12118

After the final glue up, I need to add a rabbet in the bottom to accept a recessed access panel. This is where you will add the battery.
View attachment 12122

Next is milling the access panel to fit into the bottom.
Unfortunately there appears to be a bit of variation in the exact location of the tube on Pipe's heaters so each access panel needs to be custom fit for the heater.

Panel shaped to fit rabbet:
View attachment 12123

Panel recessed into rabbet:
View attachment 12119
View attachment 12128

Next I will be adding ventilation holes to the access panel.

Here is a shot of some of the first batch so far.
View attachment 12121
Thanks for checking it out and have a great weekend!
Nice
Anything for a size reference?

While normally I would make an immature comment here (:hmm:) here you go!
View attachment 12129

Final dimensions are around
3 1/2" (88mm) tall
9-9 1/2" (229mm) wide
2 1/2" (65mm) deep

I am currently adding 3 holes to hold the vapcaps tip down and a magnet so really you're getting an IH and a stand!
Very nice work
So almost 23cm long
Not quite portable but cordless - or portable, but not quite pocketable ..

Nice enclosure none the less :)

I wrapped production on the first batch of induction heaters!
Four of them have homes.
The Peruvian walnut is still looking!

Ambrosia maple and roasted ash
IMG_20190824_073225_143.jpg
IMG_20190824_073225_142.jpg

Cherry
IMG_20190821_154109_155.jpg
IMG_20190821_154109_157.jpg

Padauk, cherry and wenge
IMG_20190822_164804_095.jpg
IMG_20190822_164804_097.jpg

Peruvian walnut
IMG_20190823_112814_221.jpg
IMG_20190823_112814_223.jpg

Padauk and wenge
(to a very special customer!)
IMG_20190819_180000_888.jpg
IMG_20190819_175745.jpg

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend VA!

Well... it should come as no surprise that I had to have one of these lol...... I love Timberhead's work. So sleek.. and I've said it several times now; it reminds me of Danish modern design. Really well made. What's not shown in his photos above of the bottom is that there are 4 rubber pads on the bottom as well to protect your furniture and the unit itself.

These IH's are larger than the models you get from the other IH enclosure makers and it has some heft to it. It's meant to sit on a desktop rather than be a portable unit. And it has the larger battery which means more battery life and a quicker heat up. You really need to respect the click with this unit.

IMG_5944 (1).jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back