Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Well that is about the size of a 100 pack of facial tissues on its side. Hefty but easy to pick up & move to the back deck or lounge room etc & still have an abundance of power.

it has some heft to it
Oh boy does it!
That padauk is heavy and I love seeing my stuff in other's homes.
Thanks for the business mom! That was a hard one to send away.

But as I'm finding out now, chakte viga is much heavier!
IMG_20190829_170231.jpg
IMG_20190829_170225.jpg

The chakte viga is crazy though. Extremely colorful and wild grains.
easy to pick up
That was a key factor in determining the shape! It fits nicely in my hand.

Well... it should come as no surprise that I had to have one of these lol...... I love Timberhead's work. So sleek.. and I've said it several times now; it reminds me of Danish modern design. Really well made. What's not shown in his photos above of the bottom is that there are 4 rubber pads on the bottom as well to protect your furniture and the unit itself.

These IH's are larger than the models you get from the other IH enclosure makers and it has some heft to it. It's meant to sit on a desktop rather than be a portable unit. And it has the larger battery which means more battery life and a quicker heat up. You really need to respect the click with this unit.

View attachment 12668
It's beautiful, @momofthegoons. @Timberhead did a lovely job.

I've been watching these on IG since the prototypes were posted as a few mysterious cutout forms. Timberhead moves fast but the Dentist was faster , so I had to pass but to me this is perfect for a coffee/end table but not too big for on the go. The larger battery was a really good choice. Your son did a nice job on the logo as well. What's next?

few mysterious cutout forms
Hopefully there will be more shortly!

Thanks @Madri-Gal and @Popi!

The wife and I are very proud of our sons work on the logo.
This morning wifey and I were getting ready to go hit a park. She came down to head out and ran back upstairs.
A few minutes later she came down and looked disappointed. I asked what was wrong and she said the small Timberhead t-shirt didn't fit.
I didn't even think she'd wear one.
:smile:

If I can get the rest of these heaters out, I've got some other ideas I am anxious to play with.

Hopefully there will be more shortly!

Thanks @Madri-Gal and @Popi!

The wife and I are very proud of our sons work on the logo.
This morning wifey and I were getting ready to go hit a park. She came down to head out and ran back upstairs.
A few minutes later she came down and looked disappointed. I asked what was wrong and she said the small Timberhead t-shirt didn't fit.
I didn't even think she'd wear one.
:smile:

If I can get the rest of these heaters out, I've got some other ideas I am anxious to play with.
If you, Ed , PP, and the rest of the creative producers out there keep this up it's gonna cause this ol retired guy to have to get a job . It's an exciting time . New stuff frequently

Hello again VA!

Hope everyone is kicking butt.

I got to finish up the chakte viga/wenge Mobile Executive and thought it would be rude of me not to follow up!

Chakte viga is heavy and the piece that I got is pretty dramatic.
IMG_20190904_181208.jpg
IMG_20190904_181239.jpg
IMG_20190904_181230.jpg
IMG_20190904_181353.jpg

This one is heading to Washington state.

Hey there VA!
Hope everyone is kicking butt.

My Timberhead focus has been diverted a bit as I've started a new job. However, after a day's work and cooking dinner for my beautiful wife I typically sneak downstairs to the shop until the wee hours.

I'm working on a bunch of ideas (and Christmas presents ) that I am not quite ready to spill but I have completed one new prototype for a plug in IH.

While I love how I can easily move the Mobile Executive around the house without a plug, the wiring harness/battery really increases the build complexity, size and points of failure. I wanted to make a plug in IH that is smaller and curvier for a while and have had a few failed attempts that ended up in the garbage.

IMG_20191026_215416.jpg
IMG_20191026_215519.jpg
IMG_20191026_215543.jpg
IMG_20191026_215826.jpg

Look at those beautiful @phattpiggie stems!

I've also got some new Pipsqueaks going through the build process. These little guys have sold much better than anticipated.

IMG_20191026_095900.jpg

That's it for now.

Keep on keeping on!

Timberhead Paul

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back