Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Vivant Alternate

I won't come back into this discussion just kinda peeved that this company is taking advantage of those who see great vapor production and great price and think of this as quality. Battery is replaceable but at what cost
At any rate that top cover issue is old history
That is all behind us now.
They have created new top caps (cooling unit and mouthpiece assembly)
Apparently, without making a big deal about it, they have also recalled and delivered units with the new top caps.
One local headshop showed me his Vivants with the new top caps, after describing that the dozen he had in stock were recalled.
I was sent a new top cap, but am actually using up my initial top cap, since it was not giving me issues.

Last edited:
Unfortunately as I stated the top caps aren't "old news" the newer top caps have had multiple people mentioning cracks. So look forward to more headaches and more recalls .. I remember you talked down the convo stating you hadn't seen any change in you old top cap and the talk about a "bad batch" If all of the units were recalled it was the WHOLE batch. I'm concerned, especially with you who works with patients not taking this more seriously .. newer mp may not be melting but cracking isn't a great sign ..

I appreciate everything you do. Just think people need to be on their toes with this one.

Let's not sweep this under the rug just yet..

I'm concerned, especially with you who works with patients not taking this more seriously
What I do is educate low income patients, and provide them with a place to get free vaporizers.
While your publicly stated concern for me is kind, it's intent is to suggest that if I still support Vivant, then I care less for my patients.... thereby changing concenus of opinion.
Or perhaps that I am ignorant of my own health by using the Vivant.
I look at each patient individually, and give them units that they can function with, and I have a wide variety to surrender to them.
I had one Alternate of my own, and one to give to the community.
The patient that was recipient of the Vivant is extremely well read, and has read the pages upon pages of comments here and in other venues, and still requested the Alternate out of a multitude of units to choose from.
With this very bright man with PTSD (The diagnosis that qualifies him for a card), his request was filled happily by me. He already has the new top.
The Vivant that I kept still is used daily by me. BUT.... so are up to a dozen and more others used and tested daily.
Boy when the "sky falls" it sure will be hard for me to know which vape/vapes to blame.
But as you advised:
Let's not sweep this under the rug just yet..
I am in contact with @Vivant about changes, so I am getting news at a regular pace
It won't be swept under the rug. We have regular posts being made that ascertain everyone is being reminded that there could be issues.

Last edited:
I feel the need to step in here.....

@Vitolo I don't think that @elykpeace is trying to diminish you or your work. Rather; I think he is just urging caution.

There is evidence of a problem with this vape. And, unfortunately, the new mouthpieces seem to be having issues as well for some users. This is not to say that all of the units have had issues. And, it is not to say that Vivant themselves are not a good company. From what I can see they have tried to be transparent and available throughout this entire process. From this, I am encouraged that any problems that may exist will be taken care of.

Hate to be a pessimist however I have seen a few members on another forum complaining of a melted/cracked NEW version of the mp. Tried one of the OG version mp a few months back and I have to say this: I think vivant shot themselves in the foot by allowing users to update the timer to above a min.. I'm guessing it was designed to shut off after a min to allow the device cool and prevent any melting/deformation. I might not post here often and im not trying to be a douche but I'd steer clear from this one and I'm not about to recommend it to any friends/family because I see this device as a health concern ..again imo.

I know some of you have a unit and might have not experienced this issue however in the begining vivant claimed this to be a "batch issue" if it's the WHOLE batch and you need to redesign the mp I'm thinking it's a manufacturer defect on ALL units and like I mentioned prob due to those who are using the device frequently and back to back sessions on their updated timer.

I won't come back into this discussion just kinda peeved that this company is taking advantage of those who see great vapor production and great price and think of this as quality. Battery is replaceable but at what cost

Hello @elykpeace , thank you for your input. I would just like to reassure you that the original issues only presented less than 6% of the tens of thousands of the Alternate produced. However, I do work for a company that will by no means run from issues they are presented and will take care of any issues, regardless how small or big.
There has been no "melting" of any of the new top caps made so far. We have had reports of 6 cracking ones out of 400 made and only 4 out of the 6 have a picture to present. The reason I wanted to share these #'s with you is because I want to ask for your understanding that even though we hope for perfection and aim for perfection, I don't think there is any company who hasn't made any errors at all. I hope you will give our company another chance in the near future and I am saddened to hear you would not recommend us at this time , but I do understand and thank you for taking time to come give us your input.

@momofthegoons, I personally also take safety very seriously and would not be working for a company that I am not supportive of their products. I strongly believe in working for a company in which I support their mission statements, beliefs and operations. We have also released a MSDS for our Alternate on our website https://vivant.store/blogs/news/basf-e2010-msds so the public can have full access to the materials used. Thank you for your continuous support! -Emily

@Vivant
LMAO tens of thousands?! I hope you guys do fix the issue and for you to say it's 6% of that many Vapes that would mean 600 of the units (that you prob still have in the warehouse have the same issue. That's insane.

Emily. Gwen. Whatever your going by in THIS forum, when your product is defective and then you revise the issue and send it out and it's STILL a problem... Well that's a problem. I see a majority of my buds using a crafty mp over the "fixed" mp you provided. Heck I saw someone who said their replacement newer version mp is crumbling after 5 uses.

I will continue to refrain from suggesting this vape to anyone. Thanks for your interest in my contempt.

Thanks for your interest in my contempt.

Your 'contempt' has now become company bashing. Further posts with this tone will get you a warning point.

Vivant has been willing to come on and give updates; as well as an MSDS. Let's not make hasty assumptions.

Last edited:
We have been very lucky in this area.
A number of local patients that I am keeping up with still have not had issues.
We are not part of the 6% I imagine.
Funny story....
All of us received new tops, including myself.
I stubbornly was going to use my original CU/mouthpiece till I could wear it to the ground!
I began doing sessions at 400º .
This went on for a couple of weeks... and finally I decided to keep using the original.
No sense in using the upgraded, improved top unless the original shows signs of wear.

*re posting by request*

A small amount of the "new" top pieces arrive Monday hopefully. Contact us if you need a replacement. We have a fair amount of people in queue and I really do apologize for the wait, there should of been a quicker resolution. We are close to a 20+% reported failure rate for the new top piece already, safe to say that number will raise with time which isn't good. If your Alternate was purchased from us and you would prefer to return the vape, just let us know and we will gladly buy it back. If you prefer to keep your Alternate, I'm more than happy to send you an infinite amount of replacement top pieces.

The unit I won in the contest still smells like burnt Nylon, but a little less. I'm hoping that after this month that I am taking to move that it will have fully aired out so I can try it without the acrid taste and fear that I am inhaling toxic chemicals.

Just got an email from Jake over at PIU. He informed me they received stock of the new new "v3" topcaps and that they are supposedly better than the original revised caps. Apparently the original revised caps still had a defect rate of over 20%, but this third iteration has supposedly fixed that.

I'm probably going to go snag one and see how it works out. Overall I take this as a very good sign that Vivant is continuing to update their product and try their best to make sure it stays up to standards. I'll keep you all updated on the status once it arrives.

I have tried the v3 Mouthpiece and it seems to work very well.
I have the v2 here which also works well.
I am still using the original mouthpiece assembly that came with the unit daily.
Still no issues at 393º daily use.

EDIT:
I have been corrected, and told that I did not try a V3 mouthpiece.
The patient that came by with his Alternate told me this was the third version.
Perhaps he was confused that he had received his original and a replacement, and then the 3rd one he got was only a V2.
The V3 mouthpiece is not yet available.

Last edited:
I'm sorry about the confusion. We are working on implementing user data to design a new top cap, but it doesn't have an official ETA yet, and by my personal estimation can't happen until at least 3-4 weeks from now.

Thank you all very much for your continued support! :)

-Gwen

I have an Alternate that I purchased and also one that I won on Instagram. I have not used the unit from Instagram yet since there is a good chance that I will regift it.

However, I have used the Alternate that I originally purchased and have had no issues with smell, overheating, or the mouthpiece cracking. That said, I also can only run the vape for one minute before it automatically shuts off. I have been told there are firmware updates that will let me use the Alternate for longer sessions. And herein lies my problem.

I have protection on my computer that will not allow me to run the firmware update. While I don't mind the one minute sessions; I'd like to vape for a bit longer. And it takes a while for the Alternate to cool down enough for me to restart it. My feeling is that I'd like the vape to work out of the gate without any need for firmware updates right out of the box. :twocents:

But, it makes nice vapor and is an affordable portable that could be very popular once the bugs are worked out. And the company seems to be trying very hard to make things right; not only for it's past customers but for potential customers.

A list of user shortcuts:
  • While screen is blacked out, press any button once to wake up the display screen.
  • Press “power” button 5 times to turn device OFF completely.
  • While device is OFF, simultaneously hold “+” and “power” button for 10-12 seconds to enter Buzzer Volume Mode. This is where you can adjust the volume of the buzzer.
  • While device is OFF, simultaneously hold “+” and “-“ button for 2-4 seconds to flip the display screen for either right or left handed preference.
  • While device is OFF, press “power” button 5 times to turn device ON.
  • While device is ON, simultaneously hold “+” and “power” button for 2-4 seconds to enter Timer Setting Mode. This is where you can adjust your safety timer preference.
  • While device is ON, simultaneously hold “-“ and “power” button for 2-4 seconds to enter Stealth Mode.
  • While device is ON, simultaneously hold “+” and “-“ button to LOCK screen on device.
  • When temperature preference is set on display screen, hold onto “power” button until it beeps and LED turns green to start the heat up process.
  • Device will beep 3 times when it is ready to be vaped.
  • During a session while the LED is green, hold onto the “power” button to end the session before timer ends. This will automatically end the current session and bring the temperature back down.

I have an Alternate that I purchased and also one that I won on Instagram. I have not used the unit from Instagram yet since there is a good chance that I will regift it.

However, I have used the Alternate that I originally purchased and have had no issues with smell, overheating, or the mouthpiece cracking. That said, I also can only run the vape for one minute before it automatically shuts off. I have been told there are firmware updates that will let me use the Alternate for longer sessions. And herein lies my problem.

I have protection on my computer that will not allow me to run the firmware update. While I don't mind the one minute sessions; I'd like to vape for a bit longer. And it takes a while for the Alternate to cool down enough for me to restart it. My feeling is that I'd like the vape to work out of the gate without any need for firmware updates right out of the box. :twocents:

But, it makes nice vapor and is an affordable portable that could be very popular once the bugs are worked out. And the company seems to be trying very hard to make things right; not only for it's past customers but for potential customers.

I was reading through the vivant manual and I found something that might help you out a bit @momofthegoons

6guzoBA.jpg

Not as good as a 5 minute shutoff but a little workaround at least!

Hey everyone, I hope you had an amazing weekend!

Thank you @Sixstringsmash for the workaround suggestion! I was caught up trying to figure out how to get the firmware update to work on a protected computer. Sometimes there are solutions that it takes a third party to answer.

And thank you @momofthegoons for the kind words about the Alternate and our company. One thing I can be certain about is that our customer service will always be available. :)

-Gwen

I had an opportunity to really test out the Alternate this weekend. The workaround of pressing the + and - signs simultaneously works perfectly for a longer session. I've been running it about 392° and using it for about 3 - 4 consecutive sessions. There's no evidence of melting or cracking to date. I'm wondering if the cracking that is happening is due to using the Alternate at temps higher than 400°. @Vitolo what temp do you use/suggest for patients?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back