Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Weather

It’s only 114 today !

IMG_5489.jpeg

I stand corrected, it was 118 ! Silly me
Hottest temps I've ever experienced was in Arizona, by far, too, on a cross-country touring-type camping trip I went on when I was around 13, so probably about '79-80? I remember we went to the movies it was so hot, can't recall which flick exactly tho. It was 122F one day with a few others around there... we saw many of the big tourist sites, of course. I remember going sledding on cardboard, tromping around the sand dunes at White Sands... it was spectacular despite the heat. Amazing state. Amazing trip... apparently, cuz I still remember much of it despite all the weed, heh. Thanks for dredging up the memories! :peace:

Edit: I've narrowed it down to most likely being 'Blowout', cuz I'm pretty sure it was a Travolta flick that day and 'Urban Cowboy' was '81...:science::smug:

Last edited:
Hottest temps I've ever experienced was in Arizona, by far, too, on a cross-country touring-type camping trip I went on when I was around 13, so probably about '79-80? I remember we went to the movies it was so hot, can't recall which flick exactly tho. It was 122F one day with a few others around there... we saw many of the big tourist sites, of course. I remember going sledding on cardboard, tromping around the sand dunes at White Sands... it was spectacular despite the heat. Amazing state. Amazing trip... apparently, cuz I still remember much of it despite all the weed, heh. Thanks for dredging up the memories! :peace:

Edit: I've narrowed it down to most likely being 'Blowout', cuz I'm pretty sure it was a Travolta flick that day and 'Urban Cowboy' was '81...:science::smug:
The hottest day ever in Phoenix was June 26, 1990 at 122 degrees. Back in 1911, there were zero 110-degree days.Jun 25, 20.
The hottest temperature Arizona has ever seen was on June 29, 1994. On that day, residents saw a scorching 128°F in Lake Havasu City!Jun 12, 2023.
We had just gotten married back in 90 and came home to Phoenix weather of 122 :torching:. Some like it hot :nod: , I love it when it's January in Phoenix and the rest of the country is covered in snow . I can't do snow :thumbsup:.

This is happening right now, closet strike is 0.0 miles away::yikes:

IMG-1476.jpg

I'm outside and it's a decent show, but I can't catch a bolt with my phone cam...tried, sorry.

Edit: and it's gone... 10-15 mins tops. Round 2 in 15-30 mins...

Round 2 is a bit smaller, still close strikes tho...!:
IMG-1486.jpg

Suppose I could've done a short vid.... next time!

Last edited:
IMG_20230718_170414_593.jpg

Another day, another couple lines of t-storms rollin' thru...

8 alerts? Isn't that a bit excessive, for something as droll as this? It pretty much split 10 miles before hitting us... it's barely raining, despite what the map looks like:

How 'bout a little mixed media!?

Great summer album! It, alone, was a big part of my life for many years, from about 20 years ago, on... went to a bunch of shows, too, over the years. Him and his wife, Stephanie, are super cool kinda nerdy types, very "eclectic" (tho maybe not so much this particular album)... this was the single... enjoy!

Chuck Prophet - Summertime Thing - No Other Love

Last edited:
We had a storm roll through yesterday that was unbelievable. Hail the size of tennis balls..... There's a vid in the article.

Michigan residents stunned by largest hailstorm they've ever witnessed in town of Davison

I experienced one of those when I lived in Fort Collins, CO in about 1979. The hailstones were baseball all the way to grapefruit sized. I was living in a wood framed house at the time, and it sounded like the end of the world. Pretty much every horizontal piece of glass in the town, including the greenhouses at Colorado State University, were shattered. I ran out to pull my Blazer under a tree, just to give it some protection, but it was no use and I had some nice bruises from getting hit. It was very scary. My blazer looked like somebody had spent 15 minutes with a ball pane hammer wailing away at it. My insurance company at the time was not very cooperative. I sold that Blazer before I moved back east to somebody in Cheyenne, because at least the people there knew what had happened to it.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back