Sponsored by
PuffItUp VapeFully Dynavap Vaposhop Namaste Vaporizers
  1. Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Did you know that you have two different customized styles/themes to view VaporAsylum in?
    Change your style here.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Weather

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Shredder, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Shredder

Shredder Dogs like me

Hope your weather is better than ours in northern mi.

We have about 20 inches of snow on the ground and it's snowing like crazy now. And has been for about 3-4 days. It's also about 5 F. Last night at bedtime it was -17 F. All local schools have been closed and a lot of businesses are closed. According to TV the police say even crime has been cancelled, now that's bad!

I opened up a path for our small dogs with a snowblower, but have not tried to plow our driveway (i have a tractor for that) because it's snowing and blowing so hard it would just fill in. Plus id likely freeze to death, lol. So I'll wait until it slows a bit.

So a good day relax and watch the scene outside our windows. Maybe ill clean some vapes. Drink a hot drink, (pea soup for muah) and think warm cozy thoughts.

Squiby, pxl_jockey, -dab8- and 6 others like this.
  2. Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal Well-Known Member

I.Can't.Even.Imagine. It sounds crazy cold. I'm not entirely sold on snow. I mean, it's cold. We've had a bit of rain lately, but today was nice. Took the dogs for a walk, and Madri-Guy planted some trees for me. 65°degrees today, and 54° right now (at 10:30 pm). Storm fronts are moving in, so more rain to come, but it was nice to get outside and do some yard work. One of the peach trees is in bloom. A bit early, I think, but it might be an early bearer. Days like this, it's easy to think it's almost Spring. The upcoming storms will be bit of a setback in the weather department. We need the rain, and I'm glad to see it, but it is wet and I don't care for weather you have to pay special attention to, or dress for. Winter here doesn't sound near as romantic as a snow day with hot cocoa, and we don't get Winter snowscapes. I wouldn't know what to do if we did.

Squiby, pxl_jockey, arb and 5 others like this.
  3. Stevenski

Stevenski Enter the Dragon Staff Member

I was saying to @momofthegoons only the other day I had only really seen snow once as our winters are comparatively mild. Mind you summer makes up for it. It cooled down a bit today but it is still a balmy 26° (80° for you imperial heathens) at 9.00pm. February is going to be awesome.....

Got a feeling that I would not enjoy 20" of snow cover on the other hand. Stay safe in whatever crazy weather you are facing folks.

Squiby, pxl_jockey, Helios and 6 others like this.
  4. momofthegoons

momofthegoons Vapor Accessory Addict Staff Member

I'm farther south in Michigan than and only have about 8" of snow on the ground. But holy shit... it's supposed to get cold here!!! I know that @Shredder has probably already experienced some temps under zero since he's farther north... But today going into tomorrow we are supposed to have wind chills from -30 to -40F!!! I'm hunkering down and getting into something that requires the oven being on lol.

5. -dab8-

-dab8- Dyna-saur

I can’t even imagine. I have a friend in Ohio who said the wind chill will be around that also, -40°F. Here if the wind chill is negative ANYTHING we freak out. Today we are getting 1-2 inches of snow, and schools are already canceling.

6. Shredder

Shredder Dogs like me

I guess it's all in your perception.

This upcoming weekend every pub and resteraunt in this area will be full of snowmobilers. Its not uncommon for our favorite local pub to have over 100 snowmobiles in the parking lot. Skiers will be out in force. Our bait shops will sell lots of bait for ice fishermen. Snowshoers will be snow shoeing. Rabbit hunters out hunting in the frozen swamps. Ice skaters skating. The "trick" is to get outside and find something you like.

Where ever you live you adapt. If your a happy person your happy, and happiness travels wherever you go.

Squiby, pxl_jockey, arb and 4 others like this.
  7. Madri-Gal

I hope I didn't give the impression I didn't think snow is perfectly fine. I have Reynauds Syndrome, and can't tolerate the cold. My asthma is also triggered by cold, and heat. For a few years I lived in another state, and there was some snow and the occasional ice storm. I couldn't adjust to the weather because of my health, and I moved back home. It all looks like fun, skating, skiing, snowmen and snow angels, but it is a very different life. That's all to the good.

Squiby, pxl_jockey, arb and 3 others like this.
  8. arb

arb Semi shaved ape

I went from the Florida everglades to 6000 feet elevation in the rockies...........I like the change a lot.
    We went from 9 months of summer to 9 months of winter...........lolz.

Squiby, Killick, pxl_jockey and 5 others like this.
  9. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

You Know its cold when...
    your Nostrils stick together when breathing in.

Squiby, pxl_jockey, Stevenski and 4 others like this.
  10. Madri-Gal

I expect that's because of the, uh, the elevation, I mean, you're much higher.

Squiby, Killick, pxl_jockey and 5 others like this.
  11. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

You know its Cold when..
    image (36).jpg
    The hardware inside freezes.

Squiby, Killick, pxl_jockey and 7 others like this.
  12. arb

arb Semi shaved ape

CSC_0236.JPG
    Today is overcast,winds steady at 15 and a balmy 36f. for a high.
    Nice day to elev8 inside with the lsv and some new Nancypants that just came down @Madri-Gal.......brrrrrrr.

13. Disrupt

Disrupt Well-Known Member

Sounds like camping weather! Just a dusting here. Miss the good old days when the lakes froze thick every winter. :shakehead:

14. Madri-Gal

It sure looks frosty, @arb

15. Shredder

Shredder Dogs like me

At less than 10F I can feel my nose hairs freeze when I inhale, lol.

Yesterday I was bundled up pretty good and after working at snow removal when I came in I was sweaty under all the clothes, lol.

I already got my polar bear patch from the boy scouts, I'll wait a bit before camping, lol. I mean when it's too cold for postal delivery, it's cold!

Squiby, pxl_jockey, Stevenski and 4 others like this.
  16. -dab8-

-dab8- Dyna-saur

The INSIDE of my door at work was covered in frost and it’s only -15° windchill outside here. Not sure how some of you dealing with -40° are doing it. I literally cant imagine...

Oh! Can you do that thing? The thing where you spit and it freezes before it hits the ground?

Hmmm... I wonder if that’s a myth. Used to always try as a kid, but it never worked.

Because Pennsylvania.

Squiby, Madri-Gal, pxl_jockey and 5 others like this.
  17. Stevenski

Stevenski Enter the Dragon Staff Member

I dunno but I think I would not mind swapping with youse folk dealing with winter. Afternoon sun was killer today.

20190131_172716.jpg

Squiby, Madri-Gal, Shredder and 3 others like this.
  18. momofthegoons

momofthegoons Vapor Accessory Addict Staff Member

I really don't mind the cold as a rule and love the changes of seasons that we have here in Michigan. The thing that drives me nuts is the crazy swings in temperature we have. Currently it's a lovely -11°F actual temp out. And by Sunday, they are calling for 47°F. I mean.... wtf? :idon'tknow:

Our poor roads are already starting the pot hole syndrome. I can't imagine what they'll look like by April.

funny_picdump_1713_640_25.jpg

funny_picdump_1723_640_31.jpg

Squiby, Madri-Gal, Stevenski and 5 others like this.
  19. Disrupt

Disrupt Well-Known Member

Stop worrying and love the apocalypse. :nut:

Squiby, Madri-Gal, Stevenski and 4 others like this.
  20. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

its a chilly one today! grab your vapes and keep those hands warm people!

Squiby, Madri-Gal, Stevenski and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice