Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Who Are You and What Are You In For?

Cheers @momofthegoons
704206TheGreatGatsby1700x525.jpg

I missed the farewell over there...
I've missed lots of things.

Here's my laundry list:
Somato Visceral pain, probably stemming from a spinal cord injury when I was a toddler.
Asperger's syndrome. same as above.
Reynaud's syndrome.
Arthritis, predominately on my right side.
Hip damage (33% according to my doc)
Sciatica
Head forward syndrome (exercises, every damned day of my life, for this one)
PTSD - refer back to the first item - SV is basically "undiagnosable pain" - in other words, it hurts, body systems react to the pain, but no one can put a finger on the cause. Since I was a toddler. I've been accused of LYING about my pain, aggrandizing my pain, and I was taught to IGNORE my pain. Not move past it, not deal with it, but IGNORE. I have bad, bad PTSD concerning many forms of abuse, but also I really distrust doctors. Several doctors, over the years, have belittled and devalued me by not accepting my pain message.
One doctor prescribed something that I am allergic to. Told that I was allergic, the response was "they usually grow out of that"...
so, enter one Emergency Room visit, a massive counteracting shot, and really upset medical technicians.
Also, abuse, abuse and abuse, teen pregnancy, married the Asshole, was abused more, finally bailed.

Pot would have helped, I'm sure. Dec of 2012 was the first time I imbibed. I'm practically a new person now!
Much of my issues are alleviated, but others have started to present themselves, in order for me to resolve them.
I'm moving strongly and swiftly towards predominantly Buddhist philosophy, spending lots of time connecting with myself. First time in my life to really get to know me... and then, of course, I discovered that there are two mes, maybe more... distinct personality processes. Different basic viewpoints and attitudes. It's weirder than I used to imagine... and, strangely enough, there is a part of me that can observe both of them...

G'day
As the name says, I'm StRaNgEdAyS. SD works too.
I've been about a while, been a regular user of cannabis for a little over 30 years.
Only recently tried vaping instead of smoking and I was impressed.
I tend to lurk a bit, though I'll comment when I have something to contribute. (Un?)fortunately I'm not terribly politically correct, but I'm polite and I'm not abusive.

Well... I reached 104 members today... and we have our first sponsor. :biggrin: I had this sitting in the fridge just waiting to hit 100 and never thought it would happen this fast. I popped the cork and am toasting to the fine people who have come and supported me here and counting my blessings. Thank you to all of you for helping me make this happen. This is toast is to you guys.... cheers!

cQfuIXU.jpg

Congratulations @momofthegoons, Im really happy this is taking off for you..

And I'm enjoying the more 'local' feel...

Is that a relatively small bottle or is perspective fooling me...
I think you may deserve a bigger bottle...

I missed the farewell over there...
I've missed lots of things.
Glad to see you here! :biggrin: First time I saw your screen name pop up at our new digs - Welcome!

I'm sure everyone here (even most of the screen names I don't recognize) knows me from one single place on the internet.

I am here because our resident Mom and IT admin told me about this place and graciously asked me to join you all. I am very glad that I did :aaaaa:

As for why I'm at a cannabis forum, generally: Half a dozen various neurological and mental disabilities. I was born with most of them. Cannabis restored me to a functioning and contributing member of society in a way that most of the pharma on offer just couldn't.

It is humbling as a professional scientist to realize that what medical science has on offer for my kinds of conditions is generally less effective and less tolerable than what some 100% certified and registered paisley 'doctor' (with eyes that tell you that he knows drugs, even if his credentials are murky) might recommend at a Phish show :lol:

I'm also here to talk about my favorite aspects of cannabis, extraction and vaporization. The life skills and tools that allowed me to truly use cannabis as medicine and save my body some.
As an anxious soul, safety is always on my mind as evidenced by my digs (see sig :horse:) around this place :D

I'm also here because this is a community that I have grown to enjoy over the years. It is more focused and friendly than a lot of the other sites out there. I don't have time for flame wars :rant:

It is more focused and friendly than a lot of the other sites out there. I don't have time for flame wars :rant:

This is the main reason I'm here too...
Id never joined a forum before, but from reading many posts from many forums, I realised people are mostly dicks...
The people of found here are genuinely nice, decent people....
And that's hard to find in real life and virtual...

Oh hon... that was the full size bottle. And I was feeling it the next day

Ha, glad you enjoyed yourself....

I am a coma survivor with partial paralysis, spasticity, chronic Nausea and Pain.
I'm in for having to stay medicated 24/7 to function as I do.
Not looking for a reprieve.
I like it here on the Vapor Trail.
I am addicted to helping others feel better using Mother Nature's Own.... Medical Marijuana, and all of it' constituents.
Have a blessed day at the asylum all!
Oh heck. I forgot the main reason I am in the Asylum....
I am F----king Crazy!

Well, nobody invited me over but I hope y'all don't mind my making my own way here... :)

My relationship to cannabis started in 68 or so, but that's pretty much when everything started, isn't it? It was all about the buzz then, and for many years after. In the 10 or so years that followed there were a lot of ways to get a buzz, and I tried most of them, but finally settled on pot and gave up most of the others. I DO drink to be social, but not to get a buzz. And I poisoned myself with tobacco until only 10 or so years ago.

As I got older and developed aches and pains I discovered that cannabis was better at reducing them then pharma provided for that purpose, unless it was extreme. And when smoke couldn't do the job on it's own, it still gave me the ability to focus elsewhere and notice the pain less.

I also found that it helped me manage my depression and stress.

My lungs never fully recovered from the tobacco, and I wondered if smoking herb may have been the reason, so about 3 years ago I decided to try vaping. I had done it a couple times with a friends volcano, but it always seemed like too much effort to me. And bags just didn't do it for me. So I went looking for "the answer".

So, that was when I found "that other group" with a wealth of information and a friendly crowd. The rest is history. I started with the Herbalaire which allowed me to try different ways of vaping, and then I developed VAS and GAS and TAS. And other than one or two hits when it was the only choice, I only vape now, and most of the time through water.

When I smoked, the only real difference between strains was how high I got. With vaping, as someone else mentioned, a whole new world of flavor opened up.

So now, vaping has become a hobby for me with all the toys and variety, and far more than just an inebriate or pain reducer. And I must say I am very entertained to see how many old farts like myself not only still indulge, but are the life of the party. One can NEVER have too much entertainment.

So, to MOG and Max and whoever else opened up this forum, thanks a lot for getting the party started!

HI @momofthegoons - just wanted to say that I'm here (yeah, yeah, yeah...I know, that makes it pulling hair and renting clothes time! LOL).

I see some of my favorite posters are already here.

Love and kisses to all

HI @momofthegoons - just wanted to say that I'm here (yeah, yeah, yeah...I know, that makes it pulling hair and renting clothes time! LOL).

I see some of my favorite posters are already here.

Love and kisses to all
OMGOMG!!!! Welcome brother! I was just thinking today that I've missed your screen name around these parts :biggrin:

OMGOMG!!!! Welcome brother! I was just thinking today that I've missed your screen name around these parts :biggrin:
I saw you where here also, brother, and was very, very glad of it! :aaaaa:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back