Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Who Are You and What Are You In For?

Imbibing since 1964 (vaporizing singularly since 2012) I am a medical professional (pediatric psychiatry) injesting for spiritual sustenance. Secondarily...cannabis enhances my creativity in developing formulations, treatment plans, and clinical interactions with kids. It also assists to dampen the often accompanying profound sadness I experience working with and for this vulnerable census.

Thank you to those who have welcomed me to this unique community.

@Chicken Charlie we started at the same time. :smile: One thing you said really struck me:

Secondarily...cannabis enhances my creativity in developing formulations, treatment plans, and clinical interactions with kids. It also assists to dampen the often accompanying profound sadness I experience working with and for this vulnerable census.
I worked with children with autism at one point in my life. I had no formal training and often used intuition rather than 'book smarts' to interact and develop alternative curriculum. I absolutely know that our green miracle helped with that. And the sadness as well. Some of the children I worked with were profoundly affected.

It is so good to have you among us. I would love for you to share some of your treatment ideas here on the forum. Especially if they involve medical marijuana.

Last edited:
So, between first and fourth grade, I was whirled through eleven different schools. Eleven.

Seventeen, overall, with an academic career of K-10 completed.

Always honor roll, always smartest in the class, always the weird one, then I was gone again...

I'd love for you child professionals to play with that one for awhile, then let me know if I've done a passable job without ANY professional assistance. Oh, and it was during the 60's! So, I hit kindergarten in '65.
Geographically, southern CA, USA

Parents: running from debt, from the law, and perhaps from child abuse charges. Alcohol and drugs. Party animals. Hurt people hurt people, yadda yadda yadda... and GO!

:)

*naturally, ask anything you'd like.*

Your pretty intelligent!

My MOD with ROSIN in the tank (RBA) = beyond CIVILIZATION

What nail do buy?
I have a lot of tanks MODIFIED for CANNABIS products.

I'm into CIVILIZATION COLLAPSE, maybe that's why I alway try to stay CIVILIZED!

Sorry this GSC ROSIN is kind of strong at 40 watts?

ROSIN KIEF all morning?

This FORUM is for those who need a place to vent?

Why is CANNABIS DEMONIZED?
SAFER than SODA?
HEALTHIER than BEER?
DOES the EMPEROR wear clothes?

Can you believe we will be CIVILIZED one day?

@momofthegoons
"Feeling a bit klempt"

Aaaahhhh, maybe you meant verklempt as in "oy, she was such a cute little baby...looked just like a little pink pencil eraser...I got so verklempt" haha I will be glad to be your Yiddish adviser (well, actually I suck at it but since I was bar mitzvahed people seem to expect me to understand butchered German...aka, Yiddish LOL)

I did my little spiel in the Why do you Medicate thread and can't imagine anybody wanting to read it again (especially me). Maybe very short version.

I have consumed cannabis since I was 14, smoked my first joint the week that the Beatles released Sgt Peppers, and then as an adolescent I sort of took a survey course on various drugs, addictive and otherwise, including sales and marketing. :naughty2:

I'm now 64 and glad that I'm in the Vapor Asylum and not the penitentiary.

I was a recreational user all my life, to a much lesser extent for much of it as life got very busy and challenging, and have been a medical patient since 2008.

I came over here because of the people and great information, both people and info helpful to me and the opportunity to be helpful and informative to others from time to time.

Glad to be here and be welcomed to boot! :aaaaa:

Last edited:
you meant verklempt
I'm feeling a liitle Schpilkas in the Gazinka... (Mike Myers)
3oz8xIuzYcJLlrVFII_zpsdsytgnrt.gif

Last edited:
I'm feeling a liitle Gershpilkas in the Gazinka... (Mike Myers)
hehehehe....I'm not a big Mike Myers fan, but his impersonations of his NY Jewish Mother In-law are a complete scream. His whole SNL Coffee Talk spiel was all her according to him (although I'm not at all sure it helped his marital relationship haha).

For those not familiar, schpilkas (with many different spellings) means needles and pins, as in restless and nervous energy....schpilkas in the tuches is like "ants in your pants" as in "after being in this job for 10 years, I have schpilkas in the tuches to go somewhere else".

What Mike Myers did was just make up a nonsense phrase....but it was sooo funny.

To all of us here: A gezunt ahf dein kop (good health to you).

Also perhaps pertinent to many of us: Der vos hot nit farzucht bittereh, vaist nit voz zies iz (he who has not tasted the bitter does not understand the sweet).

All right, enough of the borsch belt shtick.

Not complete Nonsense though.....
Urban Dictionary: gazinka
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gazinka
Jan 31, 2008 - Top Definition. gazinka. a generic encompassing noun used to name an item for which a specific word is not coming to the mind of the speaker.

So Mike meant he was feeling nervousness inside in a non- specific area... likely between chest and stomache.
I was brought up in dozens of homes, both Catholic and Jewish, and as a child heard Schpilkas often.

@Enchantre ... I never got to go to school as a child. I lived in many homes, and am only now learning at 65 the damage that was done to me by Authoritarian Guardians that lived with unresolved issues from their own childhoods, and they passed these on to me.
Dozens upon dozens of "inner Children" lashed out and begifted me with their baggage.
The clinical Therapy Patty and I have received was a blessing.
My inner kid no longer is allowed to react to things that I do now.

Last edited:
hehehehe....I'm not a big Mike Myers fan, but his impersonations of his NY Jewish Mother In-law are a complete scream. His whole SNL Coffee Talk spiel was all her according to him (although I'm not at all sure it helped his marital relationship haha).

For those not familiar, schpilkas (with many different spellings) means needles and pins, as in restless and nervous energy....schpilkas in the tuches is like "ants in your pants" as in "after being in this job for 10 years, I have schpilkas in the tuches to go somewhere else".

What Mike Myers did was just make up a nonsense phrase....but it was sooo funny.

To all of us here: A gezunt ahf dein kop (good health to you).

Also perhaps pertinent to many of us: Der vos hot nit farzucht bittereh, vaist nit voz zies iz (he who has not tasted the bitter does not understand the sweet).

All right, enough of the borsch belt shtick.

Yiddish is such a fun language. You can almost guess what something means just by how the words sound.

Like when someone says that someone else is........mashugana, it's almost obvious what mashugana means, eh?

I started this vaping journey with an NO2
While in my early 20's I used a Glass Dome, I returned to combustion.... but when I returned to Full time vaporization,
my 1st purchase was an NO2.
It still functions perfectly. I got it in early 2010, and I had to get a new Battery for it in 2014.
It's still ticking, and gets used 5 times a week. (It is my "out in the Garden" unit)

Yiddish is such a fun language. You can almost guess what something means just by how the words sound.

Like when someone says that someone else is........mashugana, it's almost obvious what mashugana means, eh?

heheh...it is indeed a very emotionally expressive language and you are so right about it sounding like what it means, Lwien. Its almost onomatopoeia (had to look up how to spell that one! haha).

Couple of good examples,

PLOTZ = explode in exasperation
NUDNIK = A pest, a persistent and annoying person

And my favorite:

FERCOCKT - All fucked up

Then there are the curses...I will put Yiddish curses up against any other language/culture's include the very imaginative Arabs. Example:s

Fransn zol esn zayn layb = Venereal disease should consume his body
rinkn zoln im piavkes = Leeches should drink him dry
Ale tseyn zoln bay im aroysfaln, not eyner zol im blaybn oyf tsonveytung = All his teeth should fall out except one to make him suffer

and my personal favorite:

Gay kaken ofn yahm! = Go shit in the ocean. Why the ocean and why this is a curse, I have no idea. LOL

Shayna punim
If I am not mistaken, Shayna is a term for pretty but can be used with both genders.
Shayna punim is unisex. (good looking face)
and Shayna cup is for boys (handsome kid)
and Shayna maidela for girls(pretty girl)

My brothers still give me grief over being the 'tatala'. Considering I'm 58 and they're my older brothers you'd think they would get over it by now.

My name is Diggy Smalls and I'm here to say
I love vaporizers in a major way!

I was straight edge growing up, not militant...just...you know how sometimes kids seem well beyond their years? Well, I was one of those children, and I started learning from other people's mistakes. But this also meant I stayed away from all forms of drugs, because I personally witnessed what drug addiction can do to an individual (my father) and everyone around them. To this day I remain terrified of addiction.

Anyway, the reason I'm here is that in my personal life at this point I really have no one to share the cannabis or it's lifestyle with. I am in a happy relationship with my domestic partner, but she doesn't vape. Well, once in a while. But she has anxiety, so for her it tends to amp that up. But it helps with migranes.
Anyway, I miss oogling at pictures of awesome pot plants with friends while sipping on a vaporizer. I miss the comraderee. I don't know how to spell very well. This spell check thing isn't so useful if it doesn't attempt to correct the wrong, but to only point it out. Haha there goes my mind! What am I talking about again?

I love vaporizers and I've always been a fanboy of various things, so I'll just say I LOVE my log vaporizers. It took me a while to realize they are my favorite type of vape. I really do want a collection of them. Right now I proudly own a Toasty Top with Heat Island heater that I decorated with some pointillism pyrography (I used a wood burning tool to make tiny dots) clouds.
IMG_20170226_114704787.jpg

I also have on display a beautiful highly figured walnut Underdog with an aircore heater.
IMG_20170206_142615609.jpg

They are both very different yet so similar in function.

Oh yeah, I also have a Dynavap Ti Woody Vapcap that I like a lot. I use it mainly to get my avb from my logs really deeply extracted when I'm low or out of cannabis. Anyway, usually straight through a little bubbler to help with the foul taste of previously roasted goods.
IMG_20170320_013206001.jpg

Though lately I've been using this instead of a piece of silicone around the vapcap to make a seal.
IMG_20170321_070950811.jpg

This allows it to just drop in and pull out easily, and no carb. I don't need a carb on a water tool, thanks. :)

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and see some names I already know. Cheers!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back