Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape WoodScents Titanium AromaLog Diffuser - Eds TnT

View attachment 7174 View attachment 7170 View attachment 7171 View attachment 7172

So my WS arrived today :)
The wood Ed picked is v nice for the base model walnut
I explained what I liked and wanted originally before my budget changed and went with walnut
It has lots of nice character and knots and is darker for walnut
So it is less like the base model pictures and more like something I wanted

I had to play with it for a while to get it right
In the end I put it on around 12.8 on my vvps and get a decent cloud and good colour AVB
It was too light in colour and clouds if I go much lower
I have only used it so far with my shadow ss tip in gog adaptor I was using with PSM

My WS has a rattle or tinkle when moved or tilted or shaken lightly
Is this normal for people?
Or does mine have something loose inside?

The rest of construction is solid

After a decent bit of testing I can say it is a good vape, I know why people love it
It would be good for sitting down with ppl having a sesh like passing a cone around

I need a few in a row like cones to hit properly
My hopper can do in one bowl

The hopper gives a better cloud too, but the small size of the vc is the reason for this not the WS I believe at this point - further testing needed
The same thing with a vc and cap next to GH

I do like being able to pull the whole vc in one go instead of having to reheat and wait for clicks/cool downs

I understand the love for a WS Esp if people don't have a hopper (that works....lol)

A great vape that I need to explore further

Cheers for the great piece of wood you chose for me @Ed's TnT was worth the wait
Is the loose part sound usually there?

Will report back after more obligatory testing :)
I'm about 8 or more in now already - science sake of course.....

That’s beautiful! Congratulations. All of mine rattle, nothing to worry about. I usually sip from the woodscents enjoying the flavor at a lower temp, but I know it’s quite possible to get clouds at higher settings. Letting the vapcap tip heat soak a little on the woodscents makes a difference in my opinion.

That’s beautiful! Congratulations. All of mine rattle, nothing to worry about. I usually sip from the woodscents enjoying the flavor at a lower temp, but I know it’s quite possible to get clouds at higher settings. Letting the vapcap tip heat soak a little on the woodscents makes a difference in my opinion.
That makes sense to me about pre heating the tip
I was thinking too it may be as I was using the SS not the Ti and it takes a bit more to heat up

The cigar is nice too I forgot to mention

Here was my testing for ABV, like you I had little joy at the low temps, but after you get familiar, try lower again;
Ed`s TNT AVB.jpg

After you get it dialed in, try some low temps, @momofthegoons suggested 10.5v, a little to low for my unit as all WS perform a little differently, I have one set ar 11.0v(Huon Pine) that I use the most and my Walnut set at 12.2v-12.5v to finish some bowls when I am not flavor snobbing and just want to get wrecked.:smilie-devil:
I really think the power grid difference is at play here. I know @Stevenski runs his higher than I do as well. If I ran my units at the voltage you guys are I would be combusting.

@felvapes, just make sure you don't over pack your stem. Warming the load for a bit like @-dab8- suggested is a real good idea as well. And congratulations on the beautiful WS. :thumbsup:

Here was my testing for ABV, like you I had little joy at the low temps, but after you get familiar, try lower again;
View attachment 7180
yer similar to my results I think
Havent tried the glass yet
I usually finish a bowl in one or two big pulls though....

I really think the power grid difference is at play here. I know @Stevenski runs his higher than I do as well. If I ran my units at the voltage you guys are I would be combusting.

@felvapes, just make sure you don't over pack your stem. Warming the load for a bit like @-dab8- suggested is a real good idea as well. And congratulations on the beautiful WS. :thumbsup:
I was very lightly sprinkle packing at first
I found a bit more in the bowl ended up helping the cloud and hit

I think the preheat and possibly Ti will make a difference
Need to try the glass pieces too

Do ppl leave their vvps on all day ? mine stays on abot 8v at lowest setting

Cheers ppl for advice

More practice is at hand!!!

I really think the power grid difference is at play here.
I am afraid you are wrong...for once, we are all using low DC voltage after the dimmer.:thumbsup:

Edit; @felvapes I leave mine at 11 and 12.2 all day.

I don't believe it's the power grid as whilst we run off 240v vs 110v for NA it all gets converted into 12vdc. For argument's sake I run my UD at 11.8-11.9v for the same result as I get from my WS on 12.6-12.7v. The voltage matters not compared to the result.

@felvapes what a cracking piece to find a home with you. I like walnut & Ed picked a beauty for you. Lots of little things to discover & rediscover when you are real baked.

FWIW this is how I run my WS
  • 12.7v & once turned on it does not go off until I go off so anywhere from 6-16 hours per day. I like mine to be ready when I am ready.
  • Half pack stems loosely for airflow. I like to do a 3/4 sprinkle & tamp it down ever so slightly.
  • Make sure your unit fits your tips. It should seat all the way & feel a bit like a socket. In addition it should be secure balancing inverted on a water pipe. Some new DynaVap tips have issues fitting & require modifications. Nothing serious & in fact my G2 Ti tip is far & away my favourite to use with the WS. That smooth walled chamber makes a tiny but noticeable difference.
  • Use the conduction properties to your advantage. Give it 20-30 seconds to get a bit of extra oomph & enjoy a well balanced high with the Ti tip.
  • If you do find the heater screen pops out I have no idea how to get it to fit properly again. I ended up pushing mine all the way down much like a Ti tip & has worked well for me for 18 months. Added bonus is you can rip bigger bowls.
  • If you are a water baby use a tip in the 14mm glass GonG. Simple, effective & a piece of piss to clean. You will have no regrets.

If you do find the heater screen pops out I have no idea how to get it to fit properly again. I ended up pushing mine all the way down much like a Ti tip & has worked well for me for 18 months. Added bonus is you can rip bigger bowls.
I have 1 in the normal spot and one that fell out and I ended up pushing it all the way in too, I did manage to get it halfway back up by using a needle but it ended up pushed right up to the heater again, with no problems, probably better as it does not tamp the load, as you pointed out:thumbsup:

I have 1 in the normal spot and one that fell out and I ended up pushing it all the way in too, I did manage to get it halfway back up by using a needle but it ended up pushed right up to the heater again, with no problems, probably better as it does not tamp the load, as you pointed out:thumbsup:

I like to call it innovation. Might actually be frustration as I got the shits trying to get it in just right.

Will def keep my eye out for this
Good to know there is no problem you both have had if I need to push it down later too
:)

No problem at all if you need to push the screen down. What I find most critical is to make sure the tip fits properly. That ensures optimal heat transfer & keeps the unit very secure.

No problem at all if you need to push the screen down. What I find most critical is to make sure the tip fits properly. That ensures optimal heat transfer & keeps the unit very secure.
My tips all fit fine
They are not super snug but the WS will sit on gog upright without falling off
It won't do that with the wpa that comes with

I have several stainless tips that don’t fit but all of the titanium tops seem to be ok.

Had no idea the woodscents screen was movable. Interesting. When you push it down, does it stay flat and still protect against getting flower bits into the heater?

When you push it down, does it stay flat and still protect against getting flower bits into the heater?
Yep, all good, just does not look as neat. I would leave it where it is if I were you as it must restrict draw a tiny bit as it is sitting on something when bottomed out.:thumbsup:

The screen on my heater tip arrived knocked out. I pushed it all the way in and used it that way for a period of time. Ed has offered to set it back originally so I took him up on that and it works pretty much the same, no real effect, just looks neater IMO.

The rattle is a standard thing and is usually there unless the screen is pushed down against it. I find that longer, slower draws work best with my WS and can get the biggest of clouds if I practice proper technique. Cheers @felvapes ! That’s a beautiful Walnut unit you got there, looks exotic to me !

The screen on my heater tip arrived knocked out. I pushed it all the way in and used it that way for a period of time. Ed has offered to set it back originally so I took him up on that and it works pretty much the same, no real effect, just looks neater IMO.

The rattle is a standard thing and is usually there unless the screen is pushed down against it. I find that longer, slower draws work best with my WS and can get the biggest of clouds if I practice proper technique. Cheers @felvapes ! That’s a beautiful Walnut unit you got there, looks exotic to me !
Yes I really was happy with the piece @Ed's TnT picked for me
He knew what I wanted and accommodated fully

I have been using the glass wpa that comes with and getting great flavour I found

Using at 12.6-12.7

Ti tip in glass not bad too, get a few extra pulls from that then in water

slower draws work best with my W
It is great to hear other peoples technique with the WS, on a bong, (no heat sink for the first pull) I like to pull hard until I see the can start to milk(get that pesky air out of the way) then drop back to a slow draw until my lungs are almost full, then clear the bong with the little bit of lung capacity left. I leave the WS (usually 2bd unit set higher) on to heat sink ready for round 2 while I see how long I can hold my toke in for (I know you don't have too, but hey) Convection followed by conduction/convection in the one device, brilliant:thumbsup:

Had no idea the woodscents screen was movable. Interesting. When you push it down, does it stay flat and still protect against getting flower bits into the heater?

It certainly does but I would not advise one to do it. More if you do mess it up it is far from the end of the world. The screen sits on a little ridge & is not close to the heater core.

20190131_183612.jpg

Using at 12.6-12.7

Thats where I have mine set. 12.7 is right in the sweet spot for my unit using a Ti tip.

Just conducted a test fit of all my tips it went a little something like this.

• G2 tip fits perfectly after minor mods & is my main warrior
  • G3 tip fits perfectly but I removed a fraction too much material so a bit of wobble
  • G4 tips all fit perfectly & almost snap in to the heater cover. Not surprising since that is the tip the unit was designed for.
  • G5 5 fin tip will not fit without mods
  • G6 5 fin tip is fairly loose
  • M 2017 tip does not fit but will be modded for use as it gets no other love
  • M 2018 tips do not fit but would with minor mods.

I used some 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper & a large UD dowel that coincidentally fits perfectly inside a VapCap & I use it to seat screens. Slow & steady wins the race but I found it very worthwhile.

It certainly does but I would not advise one to do it. More if you do mess it up it is far from the end of the world. The screen sits on a little ridge & is not close to the heater core.

View attachment 7205

Thats where I have mine set. 12.7 is right in the sweet spot for my unit using a Ti tip.

Just conducted a test fit of all my tips it went a little something like this.

• G2 tip fits perfectly after minor mods & is my main warrior
  • G3 tip fits perfectly but I removed a fraction too much material so a bit of wobble
  • G4 tips all fit perfectly & almost snap in to the heater cover. Not surprising since that is the tip the unit was designed for.
  • G5 5 fin tip will not fit without mods
  • G6 5 fin tip is fairly loose
  • M 2017 tip does not fit but will be modded for use as it gets no other love
  • M 2018 tips do not fit but would with minor mods.

I used some 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper & a large UD dowel that coincidentally fits perfectly inside a VapCap & I use it to seat screens. Slow & steady wins the race but I found it very worthwhile.
My shadow 2018 m fits fine
Only mods I did to that was file some air grooves in the top for less restriction and bigger clouds

I'm not sure what gen my ti omni xl is but I think more recent than not
My other ti is whatever comes from Ed

All tips I own work, are a little loose but not an issue at all not fall off loose
Reasonably snug

I like all my tips
Also liking the flavour from the glass wpa Ed sends with the oring installed on heater

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back