Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape WoodScents Titanium AromaLog Diffuser - Eds TnT

I used to sit at 12.2 to 12.4v until I got a 2nd unit and @momofthegoons suggested 10,5, I now leave 1 on 11.2 and the other at 12,2 and usually use both on the one pack...temp stepping in a way, great flavor low on the first and then full extraction with the 2nd...3 or 4 puffs and done, very frugal and tastes great.:hungry:

Where do you vape weed at?
I keep my vvps between 10 and 11. Right now it's about 10.75....

But it's occurred to me that I also use a different vvps than you guys are using. I have one of the old Voltage Keepers from a member called Centizen... who has disappeared off the boards. Ed had a few of them left in stock a while back and I snagged one. This might be where the discrepancies in temp are coming from....

My daughter is asleep in my office right now... I'll take a pic of it later and post it up. Lol.... might be a new project for @LesPlenty :razz2:

Do any of you have these and a nano?
We have several nano's would it be more of the same to get a ws or will it be different enough for mrs arb to not murder me?

We have several nano's would it be more of the same to get a ws or will it be different enough for mrs arb to not murder me?
I am not going to say one is better than the other (for one thing... this is Ed's thread and it would be bad form. Better to start a comparison thread :wink: ) as they are both log vapes. What the WS has to offer, that the Nano does not, is compatibility with the Vapcap. And, if I am not mistaken, you get more accessoreis in the WS package than you do in the Nano... but I'm not positive about that. I would have to go to the site and check.

Nice looking piece of wood there :)

I also thought to mention if you haven't already ordered one, I would suggest a vvps

Ed sells them on his site or there are cheaper ones that work fine like mine from ebay

A must for fine tuning your WS to your liking :)

I second a VVPS as whilst I only operate my WS at one temp it is finding that temp that the WS is best for :smile:.

Thanks for the recommendation! Would you say the VVPS is a nice-to-have, or does it really enhance your experience with the WS? :lol::biggrin: I guess the only benefit I see is fine-tuning to your preferred temperatures (although translating volts/watts to temperature is still not clear to me). I also read somewhere (either here or FC or reddit) that some people like their VVPS for extra power boost (for higher temps?) for their log vapes, but I am not sure I would need it for that. I usually stay around 360F - 385F, 365-375F being my preferred range with my Solo II. Based on Ed's chart on his website that looks around a 6 on his temperature dial. Does anyone on here not use a VVPS and could chime in on their experience, please?

Would appreciate thoughts and insight! :)

*Edit - also wanted to mention I use my vapes through water about 90% of the time. Never having smoked before, I'm still learning how to get those slow strong draws!

Thanks for the recommendation! Would you say the VVPS is a nice-to-have, or does it really enhance your experience with the WS? :lol::biggrin: I guess the only benefit I see is fine-tuning to your preferred temperatures (although translating volts/watts to temperature is still not clear to me). I also read somewhere (either here or FC or reddit) that some people like their VVPS for extra power boost (for higher temps?) for their log vapes, but I am not sure I would need it for that. I usually stay around 360F - 385F, 365-375F being my preferred range with my Solo II. Based on Ed's chart on his website that looks around a 6 on his temperature dial. Does anyone on here not use a VVPS and could chime in on their experience, please?

*Edit - also wanted to mention I use my vapes through water about 90% of the time. Never having smoked before, I'm still learning how to get those slow strong draws!
I have not used the PS that Ed supplies
I just use the vvps
It is definitely easy to pick your favourite flavour/cloud and the fine tuning with vvps
I can't say if the supplied ps will work as well or not
I do know that most people I have seen prefer to use the vvps - it is why I purchased one
I got mine from eBay
It is something like this one, nice and cheap but works perfectly

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AC-DC-A...235678?hash=item23b0ede39e:g:39oAAOSweWdcCKCH

Ed sells his own if you prefer the better CS in case of warranty

For me it was a must after reading all the people recommend one and it was so cheap to at least try from ebay

You could get good temps for concentrates if wanted too

I always use my WS through water

I did not make it past the first couple pics in mom's log vape thread........so beautiful they evoke a strong emotional response in me.
So we are discussing which one or two.......(I swear no more than three)we want first.......er........want just plain old want..........infecting mrs.arb with vas is dirty but hey........I have done worse.............lolz.

I got 12 x 1 litre bottles of Jim Beam hidden as well for myself.:partyhat:)

You are going for a fortnight right? Your liver is gonna love it. Don't forget a couple of tubes of hydralyte tablets :smile:.

This might be where the discrepancies in temp are coming from....

I have used three separate VVPS units & all deliver the same results at the same voltages & all have been checked with a multimeter for accuracy. Just one of those things I think for us "future people" :lol:.

No. It will be completely different. These are DC vapes not AC. Like the difference between a diesel & petrol engine. Sure they do the same kind of job but are also different. Different enough for you to justify to Mrs arb.

Disclaimer: Wilst what I said is truthful & accurate there is not a huge difference between different log vapes. they all work on the same principal. That said I think it is a wonderful idea to get a WS.

I vape with mine at 12.6-12.7

As do I mate. A rich full extraction.

You don't "need" a VVPS especially if you prefer the lower end of the temp spectrum. Where it is good is if you want to go higher temps or easily set your sweet spot at the same repeatable voltage. You can also use the rotary dial to drop the voltage but it is not as accurate as a digital readout. As for setting temperatures log vapes aren't really like that. Say with your Solo you say you want 375f. You cannot do that with a WS. You experiment & find the settings you like if that makes sense. In my case it is take it to combustion levels & work back. If you "need" a VVPS you can easily pick one up from a bunch of places online including Ed.

If you like watersports the WS really shines through a bubbler at higher temps.

@mysassygrass I purchased a VVPS after hearing of others talk of fine tuning their temperatures.
I also find it easier to have one power supply in the living room and one in the bedroom. I keep the
original PS out in the living room, because, it does lower temperatures better, which is nice for the
aroma therapy cup. I also place a thick rubber band on my dial to keep it from getting nudged hotter,
or cooler. This works well for me. I also took clips and placed the dial face up securely on my end table.
Both of these hints were suggested by others who found it worked well for them.
On the VVPS, I keep that one in the bedroom where there isn't traffic to bump or nudge my glass, and
that is where the best use of the VVPS gets done. There are a lot of different things to do with the WS,
and I think you'll find quite a bit of joy from your purchase.
I have finally gotten a new phone, and will now be able to post pics. YaY.

20190225_134604.jpg

I can now confirm heat was an issue with the quick drying of the inner lip/edge in two spots

I am now running my vvps on 9, the lowest it sits on, and the eucalyptus still vapes off as @momofthegoons said but at a lower pace.
The two dry spots have stopped appearing so regular and quickly

I thought about what both @momofthegoons and @Stevenski said and then looked at my WS and the setup with silicone on the cup

I have quite a thick piece of silicone on the aroma cup and as I had said the heat doesn't hit the edge as a result, nor was the entire edge dry, only two spots

I realised it was heat as ppl suggested but not directly off the cup edge

The reason it hits two spots only is the hot air would have been rising up the Insides of the WS and had to go around the cup
But as I have a thick piece of silicone on it the air was pushed right around and forced out via the edge/lip of the WS
It hit two spots in particular from the scissor cut shape on the silicone

So heat was the culprit, but it didn't at first make sense as the whole edge was not dry
The silicone both prevented heat hitting edge yet also forced the air out in two places on the edge

Anyway, cheers for advice
I now sometimes leave the cup out as the slight wait is annoying to heat back up to 12.6/7
Afterall it is primarily there to get me medicated
Lol

Otherwise if I remember to pull cup out and turn up 5 mins prior to needing it is good to go

I hope the picture makes enough sense as to what I think is happening
It is a side view cutout

I did draw it rather stoned though... Lol

You may even get to use it once or twice @arb before the Mrs gets her paws on it :wink:. A beautiful example you have coming your way.

Just had a :idea: moment when I looked down & realised I turned my WS on this morning so it is ready. I love little surprises like that in my day. Setting course for Bespin now.

2019-02-22-07-24-39.jpg

2019-02-22-07-24-44.jpg

2019-02-22-07-24-52.jpg

Ed sent me these these this morning...................man oh man.
Mrs.arb is going to lose her shit in the best way possible.
:aaaaa:

Nice piece mate
I was going for a buckeye before I had to change my budget for daughters uni books

I'm happy af with the piece Ed picked me though after we spoke

Enjoy when it arrives, whichever one of you gets to use it ;)

IMG-20190303-100529.jpg

IMG-20190303-100728.jpg

Got the tracking number thanks for being so fast Ed.
Now I just need to settle the Fuck down and wait...............have a few stand ideas and options.
Not sure if I will end up using some burl or stone or maybe some pattern welded steel........probably should wait to see if first?

Guys, it's here!!! :aaaaa:
My Woodscents in Hawaiian Koa :love: Thank you Ed!

Smoothest vapor I've ever had and now I finally understand what microdosing means. This extraction is AMAZING, I see why Sativas are popular now haha. Previously I felt like sativas didn't do much for me so I'd keep going until I got sleepy.

umjyuPu.jpg

reeQiR7.jpg

6zSteHM.jpg

yj13P83.jpg

MP5MDyd.jpg

aFhshMA.jpg

NHD9uPR.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back