Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape X-MAX V3 Pro

Here it is, looks nice, Very Peri is the official name of the colour,
1649829998676.jpg

It looks more purple than this photo.

Here it is, looks nice, Very Peri is the official name of the colour,
It looks more purple than this photo.
We got an order of them in yesterday. Didn't get to keep one for the shoppe as only half the order of Very Peri shipped and we sold them all already. Looking forward to seeing one in real life eventually. Dosing Capsules are on the way with the next round of Very Peri. Did you get any of those yet @LesPlenty ?

New colour mated to a j-hook with the WPA,

You liking it?
I sure am! It is my go-to herb vape and has been since I purchased my first unit (XMax has given me units since).
So easy to use and smaller amounts at lower temps still pump out good vapor (the video was at 190c/374f).
No cigar puffs to kick start on the video either, this can help get things moving if you have less lung capacity.
I like all the mouthpiece options as they all give slightly different results...a great feature for a one-strain vaper, that said, I usually grab the OG mouthpiece.

Dosing Capsule.jpg
dosing-capsule-release-4-20.jpg

We are looking forward to trying these. Anyone here try them yet?

I love mine, it out performs numerous overpriced vapes on the market. I like the ability to use it with one hand . I have a hard time with arthritis so dosing capsules are a pain for me. I use an old dube tube filled with ground flower. Very easy to load. Vapor is really good, session or on demand. The folks at XMax got their shit together. The value is incredible. Changeable batteries , discrete , convection, and great vapor, below $100 WTF :rofl: !

We are looking forward to trying these. Anyone here try them yet?
I have some of the new dosing caps in transit...should be here any week now!
I have never been a fan of reduced load size but I will test them to see what is lost...I am suspecting the session may end a little sooner but that is it as I have a little spare heat to use as I never seem to go above 210c (most often 200c is my max with this unit)

I have some of the new dosing caps in transit...should be here any week now!
I have never been a fan of reduced load size but I will test them to see what is lost...I am suspecting the session may end a little sooner but that is it as I have a little spare heat to use as I never seem to go above 210c (most often 200c is my max with this unit)
Look forward to seeing your report on them. Ours will be here next week and we'll report back here once we give them a try. Very curious to see how the maintenance needs may improve as far as cleaning the chamber and/or screen above for the mouthpiece. Also interested in seeing how the load volume is reduced when deploying these dosing capsules since they are specifically designed for the V3 Pro. Happy experimenting!

Very curious to see how the maintenance needs may improve as far as cleaning the chamber and/or screen above for the mouthpiece.
That is no longer a maintenance issue for me since I replaced the flat disc filter with a mesh Ti unit that DDave sells for the Dynavap CCD replacement/improvement, handy they are the same size. I also popped out the flat disc to use as a template to cut out a S/S mesh filter with scissors until I found my Ti ones fitted.

I have been using the dosing caps for a short while now and will say they are great. They work better than I could have hoped as I have not ever enjoyed them in other devices. I think I like them here as I use the unit more like on demand than a long sesh so the smaller bowl size does not hurt performance that much.
They are good for quick hot swaps when no distractions are needed.
I have asked the Xmax guys for a keyring type holder more like the S$B than just a tube with a stopper at each end, but at least there is an option!
More like this,
1652793923174.png

Than this (I feel the plugs might come loose in a pocket),

I have been using the v3pro for a little bit now
It's a nice unit
Much like others and @LesPlenty have described

For me it is almost like a mix of the fury edge and the vleaf go
It has mp/digger features, air intake and look like the Go but a chamber and function much like the edge

The go can hit the tiniest bit harder than the other two, but you have to draw quite slow/lightly on it

The edge works almost exactly the same tbh - similar flavour and draw styles and hits - the v3pro has a slightly "cleaner" taste
They both work with big long draws, the clouds can be made thicker by using the "joint going out" method Les mentions or like drinking a thick shake through a straw continuous mouth pulls while inhaling

You can take draws once it's going and finish a bowl in the timer
I like to do the thickshake method for most of the sesh and get big clouds/hits and I can finish the bowl in 4 mins

Works well on a bong - maybe slightly better than the edge, but not really a lot different

At first I swapped the screen for a dv mesh one
Now I took the mesh one out and leave the hole open - I use dosing caps exclusively (this is how I use the edge too)
I use the HR edge solid caps and they work perfectly - they actually fit the chamber a tiny bit better
For such a short airpath it really cools the vapour well
Using dosing caps the chamber stays perfectly clean, the top of the cap connects with the airpath metal part to seal
Only need to clean the inside of the MP/airpath

The edge and pro work very similar in most aspects - I think the edge is that tiny tiny bit better hit/cloud - but it is negligible
I run the edge at 20° less than the v3pro to get the same results/avb

The go hits the hardest of all three - just
But you have to draw lighter and the pack can be a little harder to get consistently right
Also it has th silicone airpath that I'm not a fan of - no replaceable battery

The edge is the same function pretty much and size in volume if that makes sense
If you cut the v3pro 2/3 up and put it side by side they'd be the same
No replaceable battery

I would say the v3pro wins as it is almost exactly the same as the edge in function and flavour, but it has the slightly cleaner taste (vs the slightly bigger hit) and a replaceable battery
Plus the price point
It is cheaper

Great little unit, I didn't give a full "review" or breakdown, as others and Les have pretty much covered it
I did add my observations and input/comparison to the other two I have that are in the same category and price range
IMG20220719001333.jpg
IMG20220715233343.jpg
IMG20220715232341.jpg

Last edited:
New colour looks nice,
1662710653710.png

A new version of the V3P in collaboration with POTV,
Dimpled stem, larger capacity battery, and a flash new brush...that would have been better with a flat end for tamping loads and seating filters and I do not like the metal wire twist at the business end...oh well, maybe a MK2 brush will be better...S$B still have the best brush from what I see. But still the same MSRP/RRP and POTV also chuck in some other nice extras. :thumbsup:

@LesPlenty We've upped our game on the XMax V3 Pro BonusBox at 420EDC as well. For months we've included the Dosing Capsule in the box as part of our customized package from XMax. New BonusBox option is the Large Stashcase for folks needing something beyond the Medium. Our battery will be 3200mAh once what is on the shelf is gone and our BonusBox Extra Option is choice of Glass Mouthpiece, Glass Adapter, Pair of Extra Dosing Capsules or BackSpacer set for the microdosers out there. We also throw in a DoobTube and Ogel shovel. Stay tuned for more glass options from us. We expect Emerald units by the end of the month or early October and we'll have that brush you like in the shop then too:biggrin:

Thanks for all the support on these Vapor Asylum!

Last edited:
So it came to my attention that the factory battery is not very powerful in regards to amp draw
I just had a go using a more powerful battery (sony vt6 30a)

wow, improvement plus
I had the bottom two rows of intake holes blocked and a vt6 installed
no more cigar/milkshake draws needed
Just a nice strong draw/inhale (much like my ALP) and blow out nice clouds
session was over in 2&1/2 mins on 420
very impressed
This vape truly is impressive for the price
It is definitely my recommendation for those on a budget and the performance for price is amazing
It tastes acceptable being mostly convection and the performance stands it's ground against some others that are priced a lot more
As before I use dosing caps and remove the screen in MP

Great stuff for performance and accessibility here
Brilliant stuff xmax (just need to include a more powerful battery is all)
Loving these powerful vapes that you can just draw and blow clouds easily

wow, improvement plus
Nice catch!
I will have to dig out my OG battery and do a side-by-side as I usually run Sony VT6 or LG HG2, (both are 3000mAh 20A+ CDR) in all my portables unless I am testing OG batteries.
The device needs at least a 10A CDR battery so no 3200/3500mAh will work as intended as they are always around 8A CDR or less.
Hard to beat the Sony or LG, Molicell are supposed to be good too but top out at 2800mAh.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back