Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow 1-person 1-plant 1-year

Would that have promoted more buds or bigger buds; in your opinion?

Fewer, bigger buds - concentrating the plant's growth on the ten, large branches. Don't know when to stop pruning shoots. Probably not until the lights are switched to 12/12. Need to look it up.

Get emotionally attached to these plants, living their lives in the closet. This one is at the top of the arc. Soon, she'll be an old lady plant, hopefully covered in amber trichomes.

full

7.5 weeks into flowering. 10 heavy, chunky colas and lots of nice under-buds.

Cleared out some of the yellowing fan leaves from beneath the canopy as well as some from above that were shading buds. Hope to avoid incremental harvesting. The plants produce an intoxicating fragrance at this stage, especially when disturbed. Maybe to repel pests? This one has a little spice to it.

Been letting her grow almost undisturbed through flowering. Very relaxing. Pre-flushed when the leaf tips browned in case it was nutrient burn and feeding at the low end of the range since. Probably for the best with the humidity at 35% this close to harvest. The colas are a little too close to the LEDs. The browning will necessitate a close trim, reducing sugar leaf yield and bag appeal. Top-shelf colas must wait until next time.

Still no amber trichomes. Seems slow, but it always does. Seed packet says 55 days. Could be weeks until optimal harvest time.

I’ve wanted to grow for as long as I’ve loved cannabis. I’ve always been too afraid of repercussions, and especially now that I have a family. This is the most feasible solution I’ve seen yet, and I do have a closet with an attic entrance...

LOVE that this site allows posts like this! Such a breath of fresh air.

I’ve wanted to grow for as long as I’ve loved cannabis. I’ve always been too afraid of repercussions, and especially now that I have a family. This is the most feasible solution I’ve seen yet, and I do have a closet with an attic entrance...

LOVE that this site allows posts like this! Such a breath of fresh air.

There are some stealth micro grow options out there, I do like @Disrupt grow size though still get respectable yields with a lil more ceiling height.

I always wondered what a small SoG setup would produce.

I do have a closet with an attic entrance...

Tempting. Kids would probably be into it as a science project. They'd learn a little botany. Of course, need to keep developing brains away from psychoactive substances.

I do like @Disrupt grow size though still get respectable yields with a lil more ceiling height.

Height is the major issue for top-shelf buds. Knew this was pushing it, but the plant was fine through the flowering stretch. Understand the goal of training better after this grow - have crown buds in as many screen spaces as possible with no extra branching. Next time - lowered, half-power lights 24 hours through veg and set up the screen early and low.

Any recommendations on where to start?

Autoflower.net has a whole sub-forum on micro-growing. At one point, there was a fad of growing autos in computer cases with CFL bulbs. Autos are one place to start. You don't have to worry about light cycling, but it's more difficult to get a high yield, IME. You have a short, limited time in veg, so no time to recover from stress or stalled growth.

Flush time. :frown:

full

A bittersweet time, will miss Valentina. Spent an hour removing leaves that were blocking lower buds to increase light penetration. Fingers were covered in delicious and efficacious trim hash.

As posted elsewhere, upcoming travel means this lady needs to be harvested around Valentine's Day, a little earlier than usual, but still a reasonable time to harvest.

full

A number of pale buds haven't received enough light. May add lenses to the COB LEDs for the last 10-12 days, if it doesn't burn anything. With more time, harvesting buds incrementally would allow these to mature a little more. Worst case, try making light-colored, energetic shatter from them.

Does is look like a year's worth?:thinker:

Last edited:
A lot of prime canopy space is going unused. With better topping and pruning, and a little more time in veg, results would be more impressive.

Anyway, there's enough shatter from last year to last for many months at ~50mg/day, so it will likely be more than enough.

Last edited:
A spot of mold deep within a cola
Maybe a larger circulating fan is needed, an oscillating wall fan works well at moving more air around than nonoscillating.. They tend to sway the plants around more getting fresh air into buds.
What flowering time is your strain supposed to take? Maybe harvesting around the 8-9 week mark instead of 10-11 might resolve your problem next time?
Hopefully you will not lose too much as apart from the mold, the buds looked great!

Aww, dang it. Sorry for your loss! What will you do with freeze dried herb? A buddy is looking at getting one for bubble hash drying. Maybe there's another extraction method using a freeze dryer? They seem to have a lot of potential uses.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back