Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow 1-person 1-plant 1-year

Don't know what's going on with the light leaves with dark veins. Several deficiencies have similar symptoms. Added back the Boost. Still a little early, but it might

Those things are hard to tell exactly since deficiencies look just like toxitities. My guess is it needs calcium. This can happen in a low pH eviroment and calcium in the form of powdered (powdered works quicker) lime or what I use is powdered oyster shell. It ups the pH and ends the calcium lockout in a few days.

Any tips? Like the idea of a separate ballast to reduce heat in the closet.
315w CMH can be run at 80% for a single plant and can be had with a separate ballast.

Most commercial growers use CMH so they must be alright! My Hypar says it will produce up to 20% more resin, fuck knows about that figure but my newer crops yield more than my old ones on the Dabpress (but that could just be the age difference in play).

7weekRL.jpg

Center seems to be filling out as hoped, at seven weeks. Growth rate has picked up. 28 branch tops but little else.

7weekflatRL.jpg

Not that big, just trained flat. Plucked some of the hanging leaves. (Switched back to the Blumat irrigation system. Need to be able to leave her for a day or two, and it is less work than handwatering.)

WDYT - let her recover for a few days then switch to 12/12?

Last edited:
I would let her recover as turning 12/12 will stress them a little so no need to compound the problems into one short time period.
You will need one of these for harvesting the final fat trunk,

IMG_20190726_223039.jpg

I couldn't cut it with scissors!

I would let her recover as turning 12/12 will stress them a little so no need to compound the problems into one short time period.
You will need one of these for harvesting the final fat trunk,

View attachment 15098
I couldn't cut it with scissors!

I agree about giving it some time. I like plants to be growing fast and thriving when they go into flower.

It's a stressful time as their hormones change to start flowers and they go through a growth spurt (the stretch).

I've seen big plants come down with chain saws, lol. They we're 14-16 footers grown in a huge greenhouse. They came down one at a time and were hauled to the trimming station on a trailer behind an ATV. Buds as long as my arm, lol.

12wRL.jpg

Nearing the end of the stretch.The canopy covers most of the area available with many flower sites. She's very flat and further from the light than past grows. The foliage looks healthy with no burning. She exudes a pleasant limonene fragrance.

The grow's been easy so far. The Blumats and moisture meter are working fine. She's taking full-strength Canna nutes. A foul, slimy microbe grows around the air-stone. Glad that's the worst issue and hope the next month continues to be uneventful.:smug:

Still a fair amount of unused space, especially in the center, where the two main stems branch from the topped trunk. Don't know how to fill it. Might try maximum stress training next time - topping and re-topping.

Last edited:
13wRL.jpg

Most of the fan leaves cleared away and the buds exposed to the light. She may not be quite as big as the SAD two years ago, but expect the RL's quality to be especially high. Very sticky. Fingers smell like Ricola Lemon Mint cough drops.

13wRLtrichs.jpg

(EVERY close-up has a white hair in it. :thinker:)

Plan to keep the PK spike going a little longer, at least. Still no amber, but this feels like a peak at 13 weeks.

She's been a pleasure to cultivate. :cry:

Last edited:
15wRLbud.jpg

Frosty at fifteen weeks, the long plateau before harvest when magic happens. First amber trichomes. This plant's holding up much better than they usually do this late. Lots of healthy sugar leaves. Her fragrance brings to mind dry-hopped sour ales. Hoping for some connoisseur-grade flower this season.

View attachment 15831

Frosty at fifteen weeks, the long plateau before harvest when magic happens. First amber trichomes. This plant's holding up much better than they usually do this late. Lots of healthy sugar leaves. Her fragrance brings to mind dry-hopped sour ales. Hoping for some connoisseur-grade flower this season.
Those crystals....
Heaps even on leaves
:drooling: :drooling:

RLdrying.jpg

Not a bad grow. Avoided mold. Produced more evenly ripe buds. The yield appears lower than in the previous two years.

Been vaping the unavoidable snipped flower bits. Love Rocklock's effects. A relaxing but clear-headed stone that makes you feel like everything will be alright.

Changes from last year included letting the plant stretch under the trellis. This spreads out the apical buds horizontally. (You can see this in the pic - the colas look bent.) LED light doesn't need to penetrate dense colas, and there's better air circulation preventing moist spots where mold can grow in an otherwise dry environment. Also removed lower sugar leaves in late flower to break up clusters that were sticking together and let light get to any unripe surfaces. (Some of this is discussed in the Trimming/drying thread.) Trimmed very this year. Noticed shatter from sugar leaves is inferior to that produced from flower. Of course, saved the sugar leaves separately.

Last year, a post cited an article arguing for higher humidity in flower than is customarily used. As a result, did not use a dehumidifier at any point. In fact, should have brought back the humidifier earlier to prevent sugar leaves and flowers drying out.

The lower yield could be due to the strain or insufficient recovery time after topping. This year, topped all of the branches and pruned suckers until switching the light to 12/12. As a result, there are relatively few wispy little buds. Could probably reduce these even further by pruning until the end of the stretch. Left one sucker to grow on each branch before topping. Each of these produced a reasonably-sized bud. Next year, might start earlier and top each branch a second time to better fill in the canopy.

Last edited:
View attachment 16901

Not a bad grow. Avoided mold. Produced more evenly ripe buds. The yield appears lower than in the previous two years.

Been vaping the unavoidable snipped flower bits. Love Rocklock's effects. A relaxing but clear-headed stone that makes you feel like everything will be alright.

Changes from last year included letting the plant stretch under the trellis. This spreads out the apical buds horizontally. (You can see this in the pic - the colas look bent.) LED light doesn't need to penetrate dense colas, and there's better air circulation preventing moist spots where mold can grow in an otherwise dry environment. Also removed lower sugar leaves in late flower to break up clusters that were sticking together and let light get to any unripe surfaces. (Some of this is discussed in the Trimming/drying thread.) Trimmed very this year. Noticed shatter from sugar leaves is inferior to that produced from flower. Of course, saved the sugar leaves separately.

Last year, a post cited an article arguing for higher humidity in flower than is customarily used. As a result, did not use a dehumidifier at any point. In fact, should have brought back the humidifier earlier to prevent sugar leaves and flowers drying out.

The lower yield could be due to the strain or insufficient recovery time after topping. This year, topped all of the branches and pruned suckers until switching the light to 12/12. As a result, there are relatively few wispy little buds. Could probably reduce these even further by pruning until the end of the stretch. Left one sucker to grow on each branch before topping. Each of these produced a reasonably-sized bud. Next year, might start earlier and top each branch a second time to better fill in the canopy.
Nice and dense looking Nuggz @Disrupt. My last grow was a low yield we but the quality was great.

6zips.jpg

After curing three months, a little over six zips (175g) closely cropped DNA Genetics Rocklock ready for freeze-drying. Better than expected.

All of this goes to QWET once the humidity is low enough. (Don't like vaping flower anymore.) Freeze-drying removes the last of the moisture before washing with frozen ethanol and locks in delicious fully-cured flavor. Already enjoyed a few grams of decent trim shatter, can't wait for prime grade!

chamber.jpg

Side view of the freeze-drying chamber, an inexpensive FoodSaver vacuum marinator. From bottom: calcium chloride (Damp-Rid); screen (not visible); coffee filter, cured buds.

fz.jpg

Connect to a faucet aspirator. This marinator is dependable and has a handy ball valve. Other vacuum sealing containers, including from FoodSaver, don't always hold vacuum indefinitely.

From here, it's into the deep freeze until Fall.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back