Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape AirVape Legacy Pro

@momofthegoons is it possible to merge these two threads?
Easier to follow that way :)
It wasn't my fault this time hahaa

No the thing that adjusts the chamber size is the round part that screws in and out on the door side
The small gold screen is just another one to stop avb in the airpath I believe

It gets messy regardless without the mighty screen because avb sticks to the round reducer thing and can get around the airpath silicone
I recommend the mighty screen even if you left the gold one in
But the gold one clogs too quickly and is not necessary - I get more vapour and less draw restriction without it
The mighty screen keeps everything clean and in the bowl, and when you tip it upside down it all falls out clean

While there are no dosing caps I use the mighty screen and leave the round reducer part on with the small gold screen removed

Once I have dosing caps I believe I will remove the round reducer part and all screens completely as the lid of the caps should work fine like they did in my mighty

I read someone else use a 16mm screen too which would work as the top of the bowl is wider
I just used a 15mm mighty screen as I had it here - I do think the wide mesh of the mighty screen is good

EDIT
Did you ask for the larger MP gasket?
My factory one was loose as some have mentioned and could fall out during use
I had asked for the bigger one (I believe it is for the OG legacy) and they were happy to send - it fits perfectly with no issues
Oh thank you very much! I love your explanation. It sounds very much like you know well what are doing; you're definitely a connoisseur. In fact, I misunderstood you, though you were clear. I thought you were talking about the round part that screws in and out on the door side . If the opportunity arises, could you shoot a picture of your Legacy Pro with the mighty screen on it and the small gold screen removed?

Oh thank you very much! I love your explanation. It sounds very much like you know well what are doing; you're definitely a connoisseur. In fact, I misunderstood you, though you were clear. I thought you were talking about the round part that screws in and out on the door side . If the opportunity arises, could you shoot a picture of your Legacy Pro with the mighty screen on it and the small gold screen removed?
@momofthegoons has now merged the two ALP threads
If you go to page one of this thread here now you will be able to see my prior posts with pictures :cheers:

@momofthegoons has now merged the two ALP threads
If you go to page one of this thread here now you will be able to see my prior posts with pictures :cheers:
I actually had already checked the pictures but I am not sure if this is the one you mean.
I can see that the small gold screen is missing but I am not sure if I can see any mighty screen on the chamber.
vape.jpg

I actually had already checked the pictures but I am not sure if this is the one you mean.
I can see that the small gold screen is missing but I am not sure if I can see any mighty screen on the chamber.
View attachment 39193
If you zoom in you should be able to see there is a round mesh screen placed on top of the weed in the chamber

This is the screen out of the chamber
I place it on top of the packed bowl
IMG20220816224620.jpg

I place it on top of the packed bowl
IMG20220816224620.jpg
Just remember to be careful as the sharp pointy bits on the edge of the S/S screen are a lot harder than the gold plate on your oven walls...where are those dosing caps when you need them?

Just remember to be careful as the sharp pointy bits on the edge of the S/S screen are a lot harder than the gold plate on your oven walls...where are those dosing caps when you need them?
It doesn't friction fit
Sits on top on the weed and it all falls out together when you tip it upside down
I'm not sure that the gold plating is terribly thick on them though so good to be careful

As I said, because I am still used to the long sessions with the Airvape X. I am trying to understand how convenction works. The Legacy Pro is a convenction vaporiser, isn't it?
Apparently is convenction extraction faster - and more efficient ? - than the induction one, though the Airvape X should actually be a hybrid (convection/induction).
Anyway, it was nice experimenting with the temperature and having a long session.
I could even vape for around 15 Minutes, which were three sections of 5 minutes.
And when I went up with the temperature, the vaporiser kept extracting and producing vapor.

With the legacy pro, it seems that no matter what temperature you choose, you can have some draws and then it's over. Even if you set an higher temperature, no vapor will come.
So, it seems that with convection you should just choose one specific temperature and have your couple of draws.
The most effective way to use this vape is full temp on demand mode I have found - the sesh is over quickly though
In session mode I can get a longer experience, but I find the vapour and hits not as enjoyable

Do you vape your weed at 230 celcius?
How many draws do you get with a full packed bowl?

I have to admit that the vapor quality of the convection is better but I am still trying to find out what works best with the Legacy Pro

By the way, believe it or not but today DHL should deliver me the Volcano Hybrid. :aaaaa:

As I said, because I am still used to the long sessions with the Airvape X. I am trying to understand how convenction works. The Legacy Pro is a convenction vaporiser, isn't it?
Apparently is convenction extraction faster - and more efficient ? - than the induction one, though the Airvape X should actually be a hybrid (convection/induction).
Anyway, it was nice experimenting with the temperature and having a long session.
I could even vape for around 15 Minutes, which were three sections of 5 minutes.
And when I went up with the temperature, the vaporiser kept extracting and producing vapor.

With the legacy pro, it seems that no matter what temperature you choose, you can have some draws and then it's over. Even if you set an higher temperature, no vapor will come.
So, it seems that with convection you should just choose one specific temperature and have your couple of draws.

Do you vape your weed at 230 celcius?
How many draws do you get with a full packed bowl?

I have to admit that the vapor quality of the convection is better but I am still trying to find out what works best with the Legacy Pro

By the way, believe it or not but today DHL should deliver me the Volcano Hybri
Some convection vapes you have to take long slow draws and and the session takes a while to finish
This vape is better as it extracts fully and quickly

You can put this vape in session mode and get a longer session - but it works better in on demand for me
It is possible to temp step this vape
In session mode or in on demand
Session mode is a hybrid really as you get conduction and convection

On demand will work better for temp stepping too - but it is best on full temperature
On demand is convection

On all my other vapes I do not run them at such high temperatures - in the ALP it works best on full temp (464f)
I don't believe it is running at that temp because it would combust in other vapes at such high temperature
With the ALP it is how I get it to work properly

Full temp
On demand

Session mode I used at 420/435 as the conduction makes it hotter in the bowl and too high may get charry

If you start at a lower temp you can temp step as you describe up to the full temperature on this device and get results
The top temp of 464 is not the same as most vapes
It seems to hit like it is on 420/430 like this

It isn't so much a convection/conduction difference with this vape as much as it is its own unique qualities/traits in how to use

You can sesh on this, but it shines with quick extraction - the full and quick extraction is the part that helps with the big hits rather than stretching it out over 15 mins

A mighty will give a longer session than this vape - it doesn't hit as hard though or taste as good

In on demand full temp I get 2-4 hits
You can take one hit and leave it and come back later or you can hit the lot and get a buzz that competes with the best of them

You can sesh with this
And temp step
But it shines at quick extraction that tastes amazing and hits hard

EDIT
I just had a bowl - on demand, full temp
Taking shorter draws and letting the button go in between
I took it easy and just had a draw when I wanted - I got multiple draws instead of just 2-4 and the session went a lot longer like having a small joint

So I still feel on demand full temp is the only way to go for me
But if you take smaller draws you can stretch a session out comfortably if that's what you want to do (or good for when having a conversation with someone and can stop cooking the weed in between talking/draws)
It still gave me vapour till the end with shorter draws

I felt like this vape didn't produce enough vapour sometimes at first until I read one person suggest the on demand full temp mode
Once I tried this it made me love this vape a lot more (it got better in every way - taste, clouds, hard hits)
Now it really rocks and I can take 3 big draws and finish or I can take multiple shorter draws to make it more of a sesh
Clouds and tasty hard hits with no combustion at all

Last edited:
Some convection vapes you have to take long slow draws and and the session takes a while to finish
This vape is better as it extracts fully and quickly

You can put this vape in session mode and get a longer session - but it works better in on demand for me
It is possible to temp step this vape
In session mode or in on demand
Session mode is a hybrid really as you get conduction and convection

On demand will work better for temp stepping too - but it is best on full temperature
On demand is convection

On all my other vapes I do not run them at such high temperatures - in the ALP it works best on full temp (464f)
I don't believe it is running at that temp because it would combust in other vapes at such high temperature

Full temp
On demand

Session mode I used at 420/435 as the conduction makes it hotter in the bowl and too high may get charry

If you start at a lower temp you can temp step as you describe up to the full temperature on this device and get results
The top temp of 464 is not the same as most vapes
It seems to hit like it is on 420/430 like this

It isn't so much a convection/conduction difference with this vape as much as it is its own unique qualities/traits in how to use

You can sesh on this, but it shines with quick extraction - the full and quick extraction is the part that helps with the big hits rather than stretching it out over 15 mins

A mighty will give a longer session than this vape - it doesn't hit as hard though or taste as good

In on demand full temp I get 2-4 hits
You can take one hit and leave it and come back later or you can hit the lot and get a buzz that competes with the best of them

You can sesh with this
And temp step
But it shines at quick extraction that tastes amazing and hits hard

EDIT
I took it easy and just had a draw when I wanted - I got multiple draws instead of just 2-4 and the session went a lot longer like having a small joint

So I still feel on demand full temp is the only way to go for me
But if you take smaller draws you can stretch a session out comfortably if that's what you want to do (or good for when having a conversation with someone and can stop cooking the weed in between talking/draws)
It still gave me vapour till the end with shorter draws

I felt like this vape didn't produce enough vapour sometimes at first until I read one person suggest the on demand full temp mode
Once I tried this it made me love this vape a lot more (it got better in every way - taste, clouds, hard hits)
Now it really rocks and I can take 3 big draws and finish or I can take multiple shorter draws to make it more of a sesh
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.
Admittedly, I haven't tried the On-demand mode yet. You need then to keep the start button pushed until it reaches the temperature to take your draw, right? Yes, I will definitely try it out. Though I wonder what the advantage of the On-demand mode is if we consider that all in all you won't have more than 4 good draws. The On-Demand mode would make more sense when the extraction lasted longer, at least this is what I think.

Also, I will test the liquid pad vaping some hash.

You vape your weed on full temperature? Ny humble knowledge tells me that it is not advisable to vape weed at a higher temperature than 200 Celsius. Besides, I thought that THC is anyway extracted at lower temperatures already, so no need to reach very high temperature and running the risk to combust.

As I said, before the Legacy Pro I had had only the AV x. Therefore, I do not have a wide range of comparison's opportunities.
Anyway, I am still wondering how it is possible that with the AVx you can vipe and extract vapor for so long while with the LP you will have only a couple of draws. Maybe this is the way convection and fast extraction work. The extraction might even be more effective, meaning that you will get with 4 draws of the LP as high as with 15 minutes session on the AV x.
Ultimately it is getting high/medicated the goal:rofl:

but enjoying the way bonghituntil your reach the goal is also a pleasure, isn't it?
Yeah, the falvor and the quality of the vapor on the LP is really great but I still find the vape experience too short.
I am still wondering how it is possible that with the same amount of weed, I can produce in total more vapor on the AVx thus have a long vaping experience.

Last edited:
EDIT
You can use like this as I mentioned and get a session
It works well for a session if you take shorter draws and you get more than 3/4 draws
This vape runs better at full temperature
As I mentioned (and a few on fc say too) that I dont believe this vape is running at the temperature it states - it feels more like it is at 420 when at 464 on demand

In session mode as I stated I use on 420/430 because the conduction adds more heat - in sesh mode it may get charry at higher temps than this

You will not combust with this at full temp on demand
Ever

As I mentioned this vape (the ALP) does not run as other vapes do and it has its own unique way of achieving the best way to use regardless of it being convection/conduction/on demand/session usual running temperatures
Other convection will take a long time to finish a session
The usual traits of vapes do not count here
It's about learning how the ALP works as a vape

If you want a longer session
On demand full temp take shorter draws - you get multiple draws like this and it lasts as I described in my last post as a small joint length session

If you want a quick sesh - on demand full temp and take large longer draws and it will end in 3 hits

I mentioned that I hadn't yet tried for concentrates
But I don't believe it would be as good for rosin because it vapes the weed best at full temp - trates need more heat so I think it will be lacking in this department for some concentrates
I have used kief on top a bowl of weed and it handles it perfectly so I think it may take bubble hash okay

You will get much higher with this vape than others
The length of the session does not mean you get higher - often the longer session means you get less high
A mighty will give you a long 10-15 min session with clouds - you get less high and it tastes of plastic

You can make this go 10 mins as I mentioned above and will get higher than other vapes
Or you can smash it out quick

If you turn this vape up to full
Set it on demand
You will get more vapour than your old one tricked you into believing you got
I was underwhelmed by the vapour production until I read the on demand full temp suggestion and tried it (I didn't try at 464 prior because you never vape weed at this temp usually and I didn't think it would work like you)
Then this vape opened up a whole different world
Take short draws and you will get multiple hits that lasts as a session

Last edited:
Wow, either you work for Airvape thus you are advertising :biggrin::whipit::razz2:Joking,

or if you really mean it

:yikes:Reading this makes me feel more at my ease having bought this device.
Still not tried the on-demand mode :horse:

Wow, either you work for Airvape thus you are advertising :biggrin::whipit:Joking, or
:yikes:Reading this makes me feel more at my ease having bought this device.
Still not tried the on-demand mode :horse:
From what you describe and are used to I think on the immediate you would love a mighty
I used to be fooled by the clouds and session it gives (still a good vape and great for converting smokers to vaping)
But it is all plastic, tastes less than and doesn't hit as hard as other vapes

The ALP will not give you the same session experience as a mighty (or your X by the sounds)
It will give you a better stronger high and flavours
And if used as described you can get a session as long as if you rolled a small joint
So maybe 5-10 mins instead of 10-15 mins

Full temp on demand is the only way it gives the proper performance and vapour production
It was another customer on FC that I saw suggest this method and I am happy they did

I'm not an employee lol
An employee would tell you it works as intended from factory
Not that you need to run at full capacity and mod the screens lol
They would also tell you it will work for trates - I think it won't as effectively as other methods because I run it on full to get it to work for weed

This is my first Airvape
I was let down a little at first as it had promises of being a TM competition - but using as per factory or normal vaping parameters it didn't deliver
I'm a cloud chaser and a hard hit chaser
After the full temp on demand advice I absolutely love this thing and it is retiring my other portables each day

Below a pic of bowl in focus and airpath clean from avb after much use
IMG20220817154202.jpg

Pic below of reducer/diffuser in focus and no avb mess after much much use
Lots of reclaim and the holes blocked, works fine as the vapour goes around it and down the airpath
This clean and easy use is due to the mighty screen with small gold removed
Too messy otherwise - bring on the dosing caps
IMG20220817154220.jpg

So much reclaim and still kicking nicely

Last edited:
By the way, speaking of the little gold screen, yes it gets easily dirty.
And what if you came up with the idea of wanting to clean the area under the chamber or this screen here (see pic) , the one for the air intake?
It would not be possible cleaning there.
There might be no vaporiser out there which can cleaned at depth, like really being able to reach any angles that can get dirty and clogged.

Soon going to try out the on demand mode with full temp :razz2:
1660729091408.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, speaking of the little gold screen, yes it gets easily dirty.
And what if you came up with the idea of wanting to clean the area under the chamber or this screen here (see pic) , the one for the air intake?
It would not be possible cleaning there.
There might be no vaporiser out there which can cleaned at depth, like really being able to reach any angles that can get dirty and clogged.

Soon going to try out the on demand mode with full temp :razz2:View attachment 39214
The intake area won't get too dirty as it is an intake so clean air (maybe dust over time)
Same as other vapes
Occasionally I will iso qtip wipe that screen and blow through
I do the same with the bowl but blow through this screen too

When at home I moisten a qtip with my mouth and wipe the chamber out every bowl or so - if I blow through the intake and wipe again I can get some avb dust on the qtip
Out and about I just blow the bowl clean
The mighty screen keeps everything mess free (before this it was a bit annoying)

Dosing caps will help keep things clean instead of the mighty screen and will also help keep the chamber area clean
My mighty chamber looks new because I only use caps in it

EDIT
Had a delivery of 16mm screens today
They are finer mesh than I wanted and much finer than the mighty screens
I just had two bowls with one and it doesn't give as much vapour or thick clouds
Tastes nice and hits okay but not the same performance as a mighty screen
I'll be going back to the mighty one and ordering some more
I've found they are useful a few times with the wide mesh
Pic below, mighty screen on the left and normal mesh on the right
The smaller mesh also got more avb stuck in it that was harder to blow out than the wide mesh
Get wide mesh screens for the extra performance would be my advice

IMG20220817203056.jpg

Last edited:
You would just put the dosing caps into the chamber and that's it?
It might even me that using the caps -apart from being cleaner- there is will be a better extraction and less risk to reach the combustion point.
I might also consider buying the caps...Let's see.

apart from being cleaner
Buy a 6 pack and have them filled ready for quick swaps when out and about...no messing with loose herb in the wilds.

You would just put the dosing caps into the chamber and that's it?
It might even me that using the caps -apart from being cleaner- there is will be a better extraction and less risk to reach the combustion point.
I might also consider buying the caps...Let's see.
Yes just dosing caps and no screens or round thing on door

The caps will not prevent combustion though in any way at all - if anything they may add more conduction which would make more heat

This vape will not combust
I have tried on full temp on demand with multiple draw styles
It will never ever combust like this

In session mode on full temp you  may get charring because it gives a good roast at 420/430
But I have used up to 435 in session mode and it will never combust
On demand at 464 no matter how you use it - it will never combust

@LesPlenty I am already experimenting using mighty caps as preloaded doses for outings
A bit easier to empty into the bowl atm
But yes I can't wait for prefilled units I can just drop in like I have always done with the edge or v3pro

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back