Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape AirVape Legacy Pro

Yes just dosing caps and no screens or round thing on door

The caps will not prevent combustion though in any way at all - if anything they may add more conduction which would make more heat

This vape will not combust
I have tried on full temp on demand with multiple draw styles
It will never ever combust like this

In session mode on full temp you  may get charring because it gives a good roast at 420/430
But I have used up to 435 in session mode and it will never combust
On demand at 464 no matter how you use it - it will never combust

@LesPlenty I am already experimenting using mighty caps as preloaded doses for outings
A bit easier to empty into the bowl atm
But yes I can't wait for prefilled units I can just drop in like I have always done with the edge or v3pro

Just checked the website of Airvape

cannot find the closing caps though. Did you buy them already? Anyway, if they are meant for microdosing , aren't they going to be small?

Anyway, I tested the on-demand mode. Honestly, I haven't understood the advantage of it if we consider that you will not have many draws anyway, you could as well simply live the LP on and vape until the end.

But I tested it with some hash using the liquid pad. It seems to work very well. I could extract a lot -having long sessions- and it seemed to work well.
I set the LP at its highes temperature - waxmode

Just checked the website of Airvape

cannot find the closing caps though. Did you buy them already? Anyway, if they are meant for microdosing , aren't they going to be small?

Anyway, I tested the on-demand mode. Honestly, I haven't understood the advantage of it if we consider that you will not have many draws anyway, you could as well simply live the LP on and vape until the end.

But I tested it with some hash using the liquid pad. It seems to work very well. I could extract a lot -having long sessions- and it seemed to work well.
I set the LP at its highes temperature - waxmode
No I haven't got dosing caps
As I mentioned I look forward to them being released
They are dosing caps for portability - like a mighty or HR edge if you research what they are, not for microdosing (maybe a slightly smaller load)

If you read the multiple posts I made explaining how to stretch a session in on demand mode - take shorter draws and it will stretch to 5-10 mins with multiple draws - a short draw will produce vapour with these settings
The reason it works better is because it isn't cooking your weed while you are not drawing like in session mode
So you get more vapour in your lungs and less waste
Tastes better too, on demand full temperature is the way to use it

Of course hash will last longer as with kief - there's more trichs to melt into vapour - concentrates may work better in session as they need time to cook - flower doesn't want this however and on demand works better
I still don't think the ALP is going to be optimal for trates and besides a kief topped bowl will use my other rigs for them

Anyway, have fun experimenting
Try the different methods and see how you go - you will find what you like

All I can do is share what I have read, and then tried and share my experience rather than debate what may or may not work
The best results are in on demand on full temperature 464f (I have found after I read someone else suggest it)
Longer sesh, harder hits, more vapour, bigger clouds, tastes better, no combustion.

Happy vaping and glad the hash worked out for you

I decided to give it a go on water
I used an old cut dv fat mp I had and a glass stem that came with Ed's WS kit to attach to the native MP
Worked perfectly and is almost the same as what you would buy

I found in a bong it worked best in session mode full temp 464
I get 2 good draws and a third to finish it off
It seems as if the heater pauses after a long draw and vapour slowed, it produced a second big draw and the same, then the third finish draw with less vapour then the first two clouds
Maybe heater has a cut off or something even in session mode
Rather impressed though and hits nicely

I will probably use it native more often because it is so smooth native and my baller rules my bong at home, but it is very good on a bong with hard hits - if you were camping or only had this somewhere it would work great as your hard hitter on a bong
Although I can finish this vape quickly dry and don't need water - I usually always use water as a default, the ALP is surprisingly smooth and you can bypass the bong and still finish with only an extra draw or so if you desire

It's still been this vape and my ballers lately winning the reach tests
Still impressed with the loyalty rewards - I read someone saying you can buy the old legacy in sale now for $100 USD the you get the 50% discount and can buy the legacy pro as an upgrade straight away for $135
So you get the two vapes for less than the Pro
(There were issues with the old one but still a bargain)

If they continue to improve on this vape in the future it will be nothing but up and if I get a 50% or more discount on future models with that it's a win win win
Especially as I was lucky enough to get in for $211 aud in the first place and Airvape honoured those sales with the leaked code

Happy with my diy WPA (although I will probably keep it dry most of the time)
I broke out the VA rattle can for this as it works best with most portable vapes
Good match happy days buzzy ways

I removed the screen in pic from the eds stem for the ws for this
IMG20220824195006.jpg
IMG20220824194950.jpg
IMG20220824195607.jpg
IMG20220824195635.jpg
IMG20220824195654.jpg

Hehehe...

ALP and Troy-boy seem to have kissed and made up?

That be cool as long as there were no Benjamin's involved!

Here's another review.
When did he say the ALP was bad?
He said the og legacy was bad as it would combust on people and was messy
I've only seen him say he likes the ALP version and didn't know he said otherwise (not that I'm disputing if he was paid or not hahaa)

There's a severe lack of Benjamin's involved in my review and I love it lol

@sballo - after trying the WPA and finding session mode works best and there was no combustion at full temp I decided to give it a go native
Previously I didn't try session mode at full temp as I was concerned of combustion - this isn't the case
In fact I am now a convert to the session mode full temperature - thicker clouds and a nice toasty session that produces vapour the whole time and is over when the timer is in 5 mins (if you don't chug away you could raise the timer and stretch it out)

If out and about or need a big quick sneaky hit that you can then pocket and come back to hit again later - the on demand full temp mode works brilliantly
If you have time to have a 5 min sesh the full temp 464 in session mode is now my recommendation
Thick tasty clouds with big hits
If you have on a bong full temp session mode

I was curious after you asking repeatedly and after using the wpa @sballo and I bow to your suggestions hahaa
Session mode, full temperature 464f is the bees knees with this vape
It still will never combust with the ALP and hits like a mini truck that's had a service - avb is pretty dark like this but not burnt (you could drop the temp slightly if wanted)
This vape likes decent strength draws, hard draws produce more vapour - in on demand or session mode

My biggest "complaint" about this vape would be that the temperatures are out of whack
For it to be functional and kick arse you have to run it at full capacity/temperature
Any other vapes at 464 would combust
And if you use this at lower temps like normal it doesn't produce the same results
So i have to run this vape at its limits, but when you do it surely is a beast which is retiring my other portables

I'd love to see a TM2 side by side with the ALP from someone who has sat with both as these are the two hard hitters out there atm in porta-world and other vapes need to catch up

Last edited:
Played with settings again
I've found 435/440 is best for session mode
464 doesn't combust at all and still tastes good - but it's so dark and depleted that I thought I'd lower the temps to get a better avb
It doesn't squish into ash when squashed between fingers, but is dark and a much smaller puck
I found 435/440 provides the best in session mode
On demand mode is full temp 464 to get similar avb

On demand 464 gives slightly better taste and quality vapour
Session 435/440 will give thicker clouds (conduction/hybrid) and slightly heavier hit
At those temps the hits/results etc are similar though and very satisfying

If you really want to get everything out of the weed and get the highest hit, session mode full temp will do it
It won't combust - but it is darker avb than many will prefer

I find a session comfortabley goes for 5 mins
Or you can take big long hard hits and do it in 4/5 draws

Lower temps than the above will not provide visible vapour for very long or many draws

Played with settings again
I've found 435/440 is best for session mode
464 doesn't combust at all and still tastes good - but it's so dark and depleted that I thought I'd lower the temps to get a better avb
It doesn't squish into ash when squashed between fingers, but is dark and a much smaller puck
I found 435/440 provides the best in session mode
On demand mode is full temp 464 to get similar avb

On demand 464 gives slightly better taste and quality vapour
Session 435/440 will give thicker clouds (conduction/hybrid) and slightly heavier hit
At those temps the hits/results etc are similar though and very satisfying

If you really want to get everything out of the weed and get the highest hit, session mode full temp will do it
It won't combust - but it is darker avb than many will prefer

I find a session comfortabley goes for 5 mins
Or you can take big long hard hits and do it in 4/5 draws

Lower temps than the above will not provide visible vapour for very long or many draws

I have been also experimenting with my Legacy Pro.
I have also fallen in love with the on demand mode (ODM). I enjoy it this way:
I do a couple of draws at a temperature of 155C
Then I move to 165 (enjoying also just a couple of draws) and then up to 190 C (Rarely 200C)
I guess that the vaping experience depends also on the quality and the strain of your weed.
Anyway, even though I don't go higher than 200 C, the AVB looks quite dark. (No way comparable with the impressive fresh color that it has when using the Volcano at full temp).
I can vape a session and then post a picture of the AVB.
To me a dark color is already a sign of combustion. I still cannot comprehend why you keep saying that it won't combust even at full temp. I think it does though if you really vape it at full temp. I can try it out and than see what the AVB looks like. But as I said, it might depend also on the weed that we vape.

I like the session mode with hash. Of course at full temp! It works quite well.

And yes, it is easier to clean the chamber compared to the Airvape X which I really needed to clean after every single session
but that small air screen gets really easily dirty. And you really need to remove and clean it often.

Last edited:
I have been also experimenting with my Legacy Pro.
I have also fallen in love with the on demand mode (ODM). I enjoy it this way:
I do a couple of draws at a temperature of 155C
Then I move to 165 (enjoying also just a couple of draws) and then up to 190 C (Rarely 200C)
I guess that the vaping experience depends also on the quality and the strain of your weed.
Anyway, even though I don't go higher than 200 C, the AVB looks quite dark. (No way comparable with the impressive fresh color that it has when using the Volcano at full temp).
I can vape a session and then post a picture of the AVB.
To me a dark color is already a sign of combustion. I still cannot comprehend why you keep saying that it won't combust even at full temp. I think it does though if you really vape it at full temp. I can try it out and than see what the AVB looks like. But as I said, it might depend also on the weed that we vape.

I like the session mode with hash. Of course at full temp! It works quite well.

And yes, it is easier to clean the chamber compared to the Airvape X which I really needed to clean after every single session
but that small air screen gets really easily dirty. And you really need to remove and clean it often.
Combustion equals ash and smoke
You can taste the difference and see the smoke in your clouds instead of vapour
This creates no ash

Quality of weed makes a difference always - I have medical 25% buds here that comes from Canada
It isn't changing how the vape works though
I've put shit street weed through my vapes and top quality to try and show people using what they usually smoke when trying to convert them to vaping - avb is usually the same you just get a lot less vapour from shit weed (if anything shit weed left a crappier darker avb because it has black market unflushed chemicals in the bud still)
The volcano and plenty do not completely extract your weed and that light colour is an indication of this (I always found the plenty undercooked the weed and it left more to be desired rather than impressive colour - what is impressive with this brand vapes is the even avb)
If you see a mighty (since we are talking s&b) it is a lot darker from a dosing cap on full temp than the volcano or plenty deliver (unless you mod your plenty and then it goes hard)

The ALP doesn't combust ever - my lsv was always a nice cloud maker but I didn't end up using a lot because the fine line between combustion and extraction was annoying - you can taste the smoke and I absolutely hate any form of charcoal in my vapour or lungs (nor do I like cleaning a vape that has been combusted in)

Ball injector vapes are the bees knees these days and extract better than absolutely any other vape I've seen/tried/read about
You can get very dark avb and not combust at all - you always know the difference when you have

I also say in session mode that it is better at 435 than 464 - Full temp will not combust but does produce avb as close to as you can get and not my preferred end result
In on demand 464 is the go - I have already shared the avb from such a session and there is no charcoal at all
IMG20220813234153.jpg
That is on demand 464 full temperature - I've seen darker from my mighty S&B before or dv
If it was session mode it would be a different story and very depleted and a lot darker - I do not like the avb as dark as full temp session and run it lower, but it hasn't combusted yet
One reason I use f° instead of c° (even though we use Celcius in ausland) is because there are more digits and it gives extra fine tuning or heating steps to choose your perfect temp
I don't try to stretch a session out - the sign of a powerful full extracting vape is one that does the job quickly and thus hits harder because you get all the goodies at once
I never liked joints when I smoked and smoked cones through a bong

Different people have different smoking preferences and the same goes for vaping
Whilst this can be used to have a session - it isn't it's strong point and runs better with quick extraction
If you prefer long sessions there may be other vapes you prefer - like the mighty - but this isn't what I like and isn't how this one shines
If you do leave it in the bowl for longer periods of time it will produce darker avb as the conduction cooks it more
But in on demand this doesn't happen so you can see the avb above at full temp with hard draws
For me it's quick hard hits and full extraction
I am glad you finally tried the on demand - practical trials are often better than long back and forth theoreticals - I did mention that you will be able to temp step and get the results you desired by doing so
Now you know how you like to use it :)

EDIT
as for the small screen
The fix is to remove as stated earlier because it clogs
Use a mighty screen or 15/16 mm screen on top of bowl and everything stays clean with no clogging and better airflow (may affect the avb too with better airflow and vapour production)

Last edited:
Use a mighty screen or 15/16 mm screen on top of bowl and everything stays clean with no clogging
Seems a few FC users are of the same opinion...an easy upgrade.
I have just had a nice on-demand vape, starting by low temp but then I gave it a try with it at full temp.
Are we sure that there is no charcoal at all in there?

View attachment 39586
That looks... :puke:what did it look like before vaping?

I have just had a nice on-demand vape, starting by low temp but then I gave it a try with it at full temp.
Are we sure that there is no charcoal at all in there?

View attachment 39586
That is very unusual looking to me
You have green bits and then very dark
As @momofthegoons said that is not combustion, but the darkest is too much, and the lightest is, well, green....

Mind you - you don't look like your have ground your weed very well and maybe this is attributing to an uneven extraction - my avb is more even than that (a few lighter bits but never green)

Below is one I just did on full temp in session mode - where I said I would normally drop the temp because in sesh mode and conduction
I didn't have my glasses on when I tried the other day and said it was really dark - it isn't as bad as I thought
Just now it looks dark if zoomed out on camera - but when I zoom in and take a pic it is actually quite even and not overdone at all
Nice hit with big clouds - first draw tastes great
So I might drop temps a bit in sesh, but I actually don't mind session mode or on demand mode at full temp
No combustion and no black or green bits

All I can suggest with yours is to grind your weed finer and more evenly
And if you still have issues drop the temps - drier weed may react slightly differently to otherwise cured stuff
Or ime the street weed with unflushed chemicals left a darker/blacker avb

Below pic is full temp sesh mode avb
Darker than my on demand pic but even and roasted without combustion - the only other thought of difference is the removal of tiny screen and using one on the bowl in place - better airflow may result in less conductive heat
IMG20220830204709.jpg
IMG20220830204557.jpg

Last edited:
That looks... :puke:what did it look like before vaping?

That is very unusual looking to me
You have green bits and then very dark

All I can suggest with yours is to grind your weed finer and more evenly
And if you still have issues drop the temps - drier weed may react slightly differently to otherwise cured stuff
Or ime the street weed with unflushed chemicals left a darker/blacker avb
No, no, I haven't vaping any street weed with unflushed chemicals. I have been vaping my own harvest

And yes, it might even depend on how juicy the weed is.
I will try to grind it finer though I think that I need a new grinder. There are so many out there.

EDIT
as for the small screen
The fix is to remove as stated earlier because it clogs
Use a mighty screen or 15/16 mm screen on top of bowl and everything stays clean with no clogging and better airflow (may affect the avb too with better airflow and vapour production)

Are we speaking about these ones?:

You said, it should be a 15/16 mm screen.
How about these ones:

Amazon product ASIN B07KS3PPSL

As I said, I like vaping some hash with the LP on Session mode at full temp using the provided liquid pad. It works quite well but sometimes the chamber gets dirty and it won't come off easily. I gently scratch it away with the tip of a pin and then clean the the chamber with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol.
It is surely not very good for the chamber. What if it gets some scratches - which will surely anyway develop with the time being.

Also, we habe been complaining about the small air screen that gets easily dirty, but actually the built-in microdosing disk can also get very easily clogged.

1661921193835.jpg

It has even smaller holes than the small air screen and they can really get clogged, especially when vaping hash.
Yesterday I hat do unclog many of those small holes with the help of e pin. It was a lot of work!
Maybe if I had left it soaked in alcohol for longer, it would have worked better...
Anyway, both the small air screen and the microdosing disk can get dirty very easily.

I suppose that the microdosing disk doesn't have only the function to reduce the size of the chamber but it might function as a "door" to close the chamber?
Besides, it provides induction?

Otherwise, couldn't it be just removed completely?

No, no, I haven't vaping any street weed with unflushed chemicals. I have been vaping my own harvest

And yes, it might even depend on how juicy the weed is.
I will try to grind it finer though I think that I need a new grinder. There are so many out there.

Are we speaking about these ones?:

You said, it should be a 15/16 mm screen.
How about these ones:

As I said, I like vaping some hash with the LP on Session mode at full temp using the provided liquid pad. It works quite well but sometimes the chamber gets dirty and it won't come off easily. I gently scratch it away with the tip of a pin and then clean the the chamber with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol.
It is surely not very good for the chamber. What if it gets some scratches - which will surely anyway develop with the time being.

Also, we habe been complaining about the small air screen that gets easily dirty, but actually the built-in microdosing disk can also get very easily clogged.

View attachment 39617

It has even smaller holes than the small air screen and they can really get clogged, especially when vaping hash.
Yesterday I hat do unclog many of those small holes with the help of e pin. It was a lot of work!
Maybe if I had left it soaked in alcohol for longer, it would have worked better...
Anyway, both the small air screen and the microdosing disk can get dirty very easily.

I suppose that the microdosing disk doesn't have only the function to reduce the size of the chamber but it might function as a "door" to close the chamber?
Besides, it provides induction?

Otherwise, couldn't it be just removed completely?
I didn't say you vape street weed - but I know that unflushed chemicals in weed leave a darker and yuckier avb
You appeared to have some learning issues with your grow - if you didn't flush it properly it may have leftover chemicals
If your weed has not been dried and cured properly it will not vape properly - too wet or too dry will affect results

I would not be scraping and scratching the bowl at all
Iso dipped qtip if really sticky (after each bowl I moisten a qtip by mouth and wipe the chamber out)
Again the version and quality of your hash will make a difference to the leftovers
You are putting the hash on top of the liquid pad not under it yes?

Grind your weed - the weed in your pic looks like it has been pulled apart with fingers
I like a BCG grinder, but there are a few good ones that will work - in the meantime you can use scissors to get it finer and more consistent in size

If you read my prior posts I have given all the information you ask me
Use 15/16 mm screen over the bowl (wide mesh is best)
Remove the small gold screen all together
The gold disc I leave on as it holds the mighty screen in place - when I get dosing caps I will remove it all together as I mentioned posts ago
Using the mighty screen the gold disc does not get dirty with avb
If you have it unscrewed half way it doesn't matter if the holes are full of reclaim as the vapour goes around it and under it
Soaking and shaking in iso will clean when it is cleaning time (I use a US cleaner)

EDIT
These are the mighty screens - coarse wide mesh is best, not the fine ones
You can use any 15/16 mm screen - but coarse/wide mesh is better

Last edited:
I didn't say you vape street weed - but I know that unflushed chemicals in weed leave a darker and yuckier avb
You appeared to have some learning issues with your grow - if you didn't flush it properly it may have leftover chemicals
If your weed has not been dried and cured properly it will not vape properly - too wet or too dry will affect results

Well, me too -as anyone else - used to vape street weed before finally coming up to the idea of growing :aaaaa: :weed:
This was my first grow and if you happen to read my journal about my fist experience -especially the last part which was very critical - you see that my plants have suffered a lot.
Any way the weed is good indeed. It tastes and smells a bit too ripe, like a plant that didn't have a good life bevor the harvest time but it makes you high.

Yes, everything that you says makes sense to me. It surely depends on many factors.

I would not be scraping and scratching the bowl at all
Iso dipped qtip if really sticky (after each bowl I moisten a qtip by mouth and wipe the chamber out)
Again the version and quality of your hash will make a difference to the leftovers
You are putting the hash on top of the liquid pad not under it yes?

The hash is good. I bought it in Amsterdam at a coffee shop. The leftover was strongly sticking on the surface of the chamber. It didn't come off by simply moistening a qtip with alcohol.

:smoke:I must have somehow given you the impression that I don't know the very first thing about the world of vaping.
Well, actually maybe even a beginner wouldn't put the hash unter the liquid pad, would he/she?:dog: The function of the liquid pad would therefore become superfluous

I think that it is important no to cover the entire surface of the liquid pad. Actually, I have never done it this way but I think I should put the hash more concentrated on the central area of the liquid pad leaving thus more empty space towards the edge of the liquid pad and avoid that the melting hash drops from the liquid pad.

Grind your weed - the weed in your pic looks like it has been pulled apart with fingers
I like a BCG grinder, but there are a few good ones that will work - in the meantime you can use scissors to get it finer and more consistent in size

I have a grinder but it is not a good one, I think. Although, I could use the one that I got from Storz &Bicker as I bought the Volcano (short time ago)

EDIT
These are the mighty screens - coarse wide mesh is best, not the fine ones
You can use any 15/16 mm screen - but coarse/wide mesh is better

Thank you very much for the link!
I am in Japan. That is why I am looking for screens on Amazon. I thought that pipe screens of the size you mentioned could work well

Last edited:
Well, me too -as anyone else - used to vape street weed before finally coming up to the idea of growing :aaaaa: :weed:
This was my first grow and if you happen to read my journal about my fist experience -especially the last part which was very critical - you see that my plants have suffered a lot.
Any way the weed is good indeed. It tastes and smells a bit too ripe, like a plant that didn't have a good life bevor the harvest time but it makes you high.

Yes, everything that you says makes sense to me. It surely depends on many factors.

The hash is good. I bought it in Amsterdam at a coffee shop. The leftover was strongly sticking on the surface of the chamber. It didn't come off by simply moistening a qtip with alcohol.

:smoke:I must have somehow given you the impression that I don't know the very first thing about the world of vaping.
Well, actually l maybe even a beginner wouldn't put the hash unter the liquid pad, would he/she?:dog: The function of the liquid pad would therefore become superfluous

I think that it is important no to cover the entire surface of the liquid pad. Actually, I have never done it this way but I think I should put the hash more concentrated on the central area of the liquid pad leaving thus more empty space towards the edge of the liquid pad and avoid that the melting hash drops from the liquid pad.

I have a grinder but it is not a good one, I think. Although, I could use the one that I got from Storz &Bicker as I bought the Volcano (short time ago)

Thank you very much for the link!
I am in Japan. That is why I am looking for screens on Amazon. I thought that pipe screens of the size you mentioned could work well

I shared the link so you could see the example to search for and buy where you are able to
Any pipe screen of the correct size will work, even the fine ones you shared, but a coarse wide mesh like in the picture in the link I shared is best, whatever the brand
Until you buy a new grinder I suggest using scissors like we used to do to chop the weed more consistently after you have used the grinder

EDIT
I had another session full temp with fresh battery and it was dark like the first time I had tried
Not combustion but almost as close as it would get beforehand
The sesh tasted great start to finish though

But yea, in session mode on fresh battery I would drop to 440ish one side or the other as originally found and you can up that to full as the battery gets on the flatter end

On demand I always use on full temp

Last edited:
EDIT
I had another session full temp with fresh battery and it was dark like the first time I had tried
Not combustion but almost as close as it would get beforehand
The sesh tasted great start to finish though

But yea, in session mode on fresh battery I would drop to 440ish one side or the other as originally found and you can up that to full as the battery gets on the flatter end

On demand I always use on full temp

I have been using the on-demand mode more often recently and I truly like it :razz2: ... I might even prefer it for weed.
With hash, session mode full temp: it works well.

I have been using the on-demand mode more often recently and I truly like it :razz2: ... I might even prefer it for weed.
With hash, session mode full temp: it works well.
Yes on demand is the best quality vapour and flavour
I run it 464

I have found that in session mode it varies depending on the pack
I have had a few lighter packed bowls and at 440-464 it gets very dark in the avb department - no smoke but too dark for me
If I pack the bowl full like I had been and usually do I can use the higher temps and get avb as pictured previously

So that will make a difference to the avb outcome - I still say it doesn't combust, but depending on the load size it can get as close as you ever want to be (too close for my preference)

But a packed full bowl handles higher temps in session mode
On demand I always go for the top no matter the pack and it is fine avb

These results may be in line with your un-even grind - it may not be a nice pack and air gets through at different rates in your bowl (only thinking "aloud" here)

So for me 420/430 is nice on session mode as originally I found (depending on the bowl size) and 464 in on demand mode

But the size/tightness of the load can make a difference to the avb and temps needed in session

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back