Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape AirVape Legacy Pro

455 session on a jhook
I will go full temp next time
On a jhook or bong you get very even and nice looking avb at high temp in sesh mode
With native MP I'm finding 420 is around the max for session mode before it starts to get too dark, especially with a light packed bowl, (fuller packed I have got nice avb at high temps, but smaller loads it gets darker) - on a bong or jhook the extra airflow created changes the results
As always - native on demand at full temp
Below is avb from 455 on a hook in sesh mode
Next I'll try to get native 420 seeh pic and a full temp sesh jhook pic
IMG20220903141652.jpg

Last edited:
Okay
So I worked out why I kept getting different avb results
The pack size doesn't matter

If you use the ALP with the battery they provide it runs as I have described originally
You need high temps in any mode and you will never combust
You have to run it at higher temps than the avb shows compared to other vapes and won't ever combst in full temp

However - when I have used a Sony vt6 I get much darker avb and although no combustion it is too dark for my liking at highest temps

This is why I kept getting different results at the same temps recently and was starting to question the reviews I was giving

I'd say the factory battery is a much lower amp draw than the vt6 (rated at 30a)
On fc the rep doesn't like to give a lot of info on things such as the battery specs and apparently to ensure warranty you have to use their battery

I'll have to take some pics of varying temps/methods with different batteries
I guess using the factory bat you know you always have great avb even at full temperature - using something more powerful like a vt6 you could probably bring the temps back closer to normal vapes temps
The warranty is something to note too using factory battery

Below is 420 session mode with factory legacy battery
IMG20220904152128.jpg

And here below is 420 session mode with a Sony vt6 battery
IMG20220904162620.jpg

Can go higher on both really
But you can see here the difference and why I was able to get decent avb on 464 with a factory battery but it was way too dark using a vt6
IME though as originally stated - this vape will never combust and runs best at full temperature in any mode - if using the factory battery and properly/evenly ground weed that has been cured correctly to approx 62%

I'll do some comparison sessions and pictures and come back to this

Session mode native MP 464 with a Sony vt6 battery
The two pics are the same bowl just spread differently
IMG20220904192652.jpg
IMG20220904192951.jpg

Session mode native MP 464 with a factory legacy pro battery
Again the two pics are the same bowl just spread differently
IMG20220905153644.jpg
IMG20220905153541.jpg

They are not miles apart in colour but it is definitely darker with the Sony
More noticeable at 420 in pics in the previous post

I have followed your advice and bought the screens. I haven't bought the one of Storz &Birke for the Mighty but these ones, for the moment:

Amazon product ASIN B07KS3PPSL
It is really a good idea because - as you said - the small air screen doesn't get that dirty any more but I wouldn't remove it nevertheless because those small holes of the screen can get clogged inspite of the screen put on the chamber.
In fact, I wonder how one can get that tight cavity underneath the screen clean in case it gets seriously dirty. They could have designed it in a better way.

They are not miles apart in colour but it is definitely darker with the Sony
More noticeable at 420 in pics in the previous post

Interesting and weird at the same time.
It means that the Sony battery generates more power? Shouldn't 420 be the same no matter what battery we use?
I still do not have any spare battery. The device is still new and also a Volcano Hybrid (also still very new).

I have followed your advice and bought the screens. I haven't bought the one of Storz &Birke for the Mighty but these ones, for the moment:

Amazon product ASIN B07KS3PPSL
It is really a good idea because - as you said - the small air screen doesn't get that dirty any more but I wouldn't remove it nevertheless because those small holes of the screen can get clogged inspite of the screen put on the chamber.
In fact, I wonder how one can get that tight cavity underneath the screen clean in case it gets seriously dirty. They could have designed it in a better way.

Interesting and weird at the same time.
It means that the Sony battery generates more power? Shouldn't 420 be the same no matter what battery we use?
I still do not have any spare battery. The device is still new and also a Volcano Hybrid (also still very new).
If you read my post I mentioned the amp draw of the batteries - this is where the difference in power is
Some are rated at less than 20a
Decent batteries are at least 20a draw and the Sony vt6 is 30a
There is also the capacity of the battery - 2500mah, 3000mah, 3200mah etc
Not all batteries are created equal and cheaper brands do not work the same

Remove the small gold screen and it will be better
It does nothing if you have the screen on top of the bowl (the screens you bought will work - just the wide mesh screens work better for airflow and get less stuck in them)
You clean the airpath and "cavity" with qtip and iso - stick it in from the glass tube side hole
It only gets reclaim in there if you use the screen on the bowl - you will always need to clean the reclaim the screen is only there to prevent avb build up not reclaim
Now you have a screen on the bowl you don't need the gold one for this
Remove it, it won't get clogged and the airflow is good
Screen on bowl and no avb getting where it shouldn't

I've put heaps through the vape and it's better without the little gold screen - no issues
Clean up is easier

If you read my post I mentioned the amp draw of the batteries - this is where the difference in power is
Some are rated at less than 20a
Decent batteries are at least 20a draw and the Sony vt6 is 30a
There is also the capacity of the battery - 2500mah, 3000mah, 3200mah etc
Not all batteries are created equal and cheaper brands do not work the same
Admittedly, I don't know much about amp draw. But of the factory battery has a lower amp than the Sony, does this mean that though you set the device at full temperature ( 240C) , the battery won't actually reach that temperature whereas the Sony mages it or
would it mean that the Sony battery reaches an higher temperature than the max of 240 C?

Remove the small gold screen and it will be better
It does nothing if you have the screen on top of the bowl (the screens you bought will work - just the wide mesh screens work better for airflow and get less stuck in them)
You clean the airpath and "cavity" with qtip and iso - stick it in from the glass tube side hole
It only gets reclaim in there if you use the screen on the bowl - you will always need to clean the reclaim the screen is only there to prevent avb build up not reclaim
Now you have a screen on the bowl you don't need the gold one for this
Remove it, it won't get clogged and the airflow is good
Screen on bowl and no avb getting where it shouldn't

I've put heaps through the vape and it's better without the little gold screen - no issues
Clean up is easier

I might try to remove the gold screen - it makes sense to me that doing so the airflow should be even better but I am still a bit concerned that removing the screen would get the airpath and "cavity" dirtier. I will anyway test is.
But yes using the screens on the chamber is really a great idea. Thank you again for your suggestion!:cheers:

Of course, I clean the airpath and "cavity" with qtip and iso. And yes, I tick it in from the glass tube side hole -as Airvape also suggests - but I am pretty sure that it will slowly accumulate dirty in there which you won't be able to remove. Sticing a qtip in it will simply push the dirt toward the wall of the cavity.

I don't have a Mighty but I guess that the Mighty is much better constructed when it comes to thoroughly cleaning it.
The Legacy has still too many unreachable corners that you will never really be able to properly clean.
Well, vaporizers are anyway not thought to last for ever.

Admittedly, I don't know much about amp draw. But of the factory battery has a lower amp than the Sony, does this mean that though you set the device at full temperature ( 240C) , the battery won't actually reach that temperature whereas the Sony mages it or
would it mean that the Sony battery reaches an higher temperature than the max of 240 C?

I might try to remove the gold screen - it makes sense to me that doing so the airflow should be even better but I am still a bit concerned that removing the screen would get the airpath and "cavity" dirtier. I will anyway test is.
But yes using the screens on the chamber is really a great idea. Thank you again for your suggestion!:cheers:

Of course, I clean the airpath and "cavity" with qtip and iso. And yes, I tick it in from the glass tube side hole -as Airvape also suggests - but I am pretty sure that it will slowly accumulate dirty in there which you won't be able to remove. Sticing a qtip in it will simply push the dirt toward the wall of the cavity.

I don't have a Mighty but I guess that the Mighty is much better constructed when it comes to thoroughly cleaning it.
The Legacy has still too many unreachable corners that you will never really be able to properly clean.
Well, vaporizers are anyway not thought to last for ever.
The mighty sucks to clean
It is much more fiddly and annoying and has too many parts (and plastic and aluminium and doesn't hit as hard)

The ALP needs little cleaning and when you do it's a breeze
You do not get any dirt in the cavity
Avb won't get in there if you use the screen on the bowl (the minimal amount that does make its way through doesn't stay in the hole it goes down the glass tube to the MP screen)

Reclaim will not push against the wall it will come off and stick to the iso qtip
Then I put a moistened qtip after the iso one to dry and get the last
The iso melts the reclaim so it won't build up

There is much less to clean with this than a mighty and it is much easier to do so with less build up of avb dust or any crud

I find this to be a breeze to use and clean
I own over 30 vapes and most have more parts to deal with (after the removal of the small screen and using one on the bowl) and have more avb dusty bits built up
There are no corners that I can't get a qtip to - this statement by people confuses me

Google is your friend as to battery power and amp draw etc
I already answered your question about temps in the original post about batteries - I am assuming the Sony is pumping more power and the temps are higher as a result - actually the temps would be more to true as the temps using a factory battery are not true compared to other vapes
It is only a guess as we have no specs on the legacy battery and Gary on fc won't give any information

Last edited:
The mighty sucks to clean
It is much more fiddly and annoying and has too many parts (and plastic and aluminium and doesn't hit as hard)

Oh really? I can't judge. What a good chance that you can compare the mighty with the LP directly because you own both of them. It is very interesting and helpful for me to listen to your opinion.
I own over 30 vapes and most have more parts to deal with (after the removal of the small screen and using one on the bowl) and have more avb dusty
wow:yikes: 30!!
I am assuming the Sony is pumping more power and the temps are higher as a result - actually the temps would be more to true as the temps using a factory battery are not true compared to other vapes

I see. That is why I was wondering about the actual temperature. If your assuming is correct it means that when using the Sony battery the actual temperatures are higher than the ones shown on the display of the device.

Oh really? I can't judge. What a good chance that you can compare the mighty with the LP directly because you own both of them. It is very interesting and helpful for me to listen to your opinion.

wow:yikes: 30!!

I see. That is why I was wondering about the actual temperature. If your assuming is correct it means that when using the Sony battery the actual temperatures are higher than the ones shown on the display of the device.
No
If I'm assuming correctly the temperature is closer to correct using a Sony vt6 battery and is lower than the screen states using the legacy battery

If you use the temps we use in the ALP on other vapes it will combust
So the legacy battery seems to run under powered and the vt6 appears closer to true temp compared to other vapes

I haven't touched my mighty in months
Especially have not touched it since getting the ALP
The mighty has too much plastic and aluminium, it's fiddly to clean and doesn't taste as pure or clean
It doesn't hit as hard as it should for a bowl that's .3 in size
It's strong point is thick clouds that are useful to convert a smoker to vaping
It helps trick the brain that you are smoking when fresh to vaping
The mighty is huge in size too and a lot harsher on the throat and has enclosed batteries
The price has remained the same for years now too and hasn't dropped with the release of the plus which doesn't have much in the way of improvements

EDIT
These are my opinions on the mighty and comparing it to other vapes I now have
It is a good vape and produces big clouds
Another reason I don't like it is because I like quick and full extraction
The mighty may be a vape you like as you say you want the long sessions
A mighty is good at this and more reminiscent of smoking a joint, producing clouds for at least 10mins
They have very even avb especially using dosing caps
The mighty is not good on a bong imo and is harsher than other vapes (especially the ALP which is unusually smooth dry)

To me this is not a sign of a powerful vape though (the long sessions)
If a vape needs a long time to extract the goods it isn't what I consider powerful (not to be confused with efficiency)
If a vape can extract quickly and fully without burning the weed it is a sign of a powerful unit imo

Last edited:
Shouldn't 420 be the same no matter what battery we use?

does this mean that though you set the device at full temperature ( 240C) , the battery won't actually reach that temperature
The temps will be the same, the Sony battery will keep to the set temp better than a lower amp rated battery. As you draw the temp drops and the heater reacts to get back up to temp, this is where a higher amp draw helps...it gets back to the set temp quicker or the temp will not fall as far, hence the darker roast. Airvape says it is a 3200mAh battery, and that capacity usually tops out at 15amps.
One way to look at it is like having two SUVs running down the highway. One might be a bottom-of-the-range 250hp the other a 700hp monster, they can both sit on a hundred quite happily on the road until a big headwind slows them down, both will get back up to 100 once you hit the accelerator but the 700hp unit will get there much more quickly (if it even slowed down at all). :thumbsup:

The temps will be the same, the Sony battery will keep to the set temp better than a lower amp rated battery. As you draw the temp drops and the heater reacts to get back up to temp, this is where a higher amp draw helps...it gets back to the set temp quicker or the temp will not fall as far, hence the darker roast. Airvape says it is a 3200mAh battery, and that capacity usually tops out at 15amps.
One way to look at it is like having two SUVs running down the highway. One might be a bottom-of-the-range 250hp the other a 700hp monster, they can both sit on a hundred quite happily on the road until a big headwind slows them down, both will get back up to 100 once you hit the accelerator but the 700hp unit will get there much more quickly (if it even slowed down at all). :thumbsup:
Well said/explained....

Reclaimy..... Cleaning day speaking of such hahaa
Look at the closest end of the glass to the bowl
Inner diameter is getting smaller lol
IMG20220906205122.jpg
IMG20220906205254_BURST001_COVER.jpg
IMG20220906205613.jpg
IMG20220906205222.jpg
IMG20220906205504.jpg

and here you can see the end of a qtip through the exit/entry holes when shoved in either end of the vape so every surface has been wiped clean

IMG20220906223545.jpg
IMG20220906223611.jpg

EDIT
Yes @momofthegoons I see the dog hair lol....

Last edited:

really well explained!

I had been wiping my hot knife off onto the liquid pad provided for a few weeks after each dab
It was a mix of feco and rosin so a different flavour haha

But actually worked better than I expected given the high temps i
I use for weed in this vape
Full temp session mode worked nicely for a decent cloud producing sesh
One session timed out did it
It seemed to vaporise quite well, slightly better than when I used to do this with a mighty pad or HR edge pad - I think the pad is a bit more absorbent/loosely woven and let's more air through which counts for the slight improvement
The rosin a little and the feco especially can slowly ooze into the middle over the collection period filling it nicely

Acceptable and decent hit for a portable weed vape
Good way to use the pad and clean a dab tool with less waste

I still haven't found a weed vape that I will purposefully use as my way to consume concentrates primarily though
But the ALP does a satisfactory job and is on par with others in this area

This pic is just the beginning of the next round after one day (it was very full before I used it)
I wipe the knife on here for a good while before using the pad for a sesh
IMG20220910221839.jpg

Last edited:
The bowl of my ALP on the sides appears to be going silver and/or the gold plate is thinning
It doesn't affect the flavour or performance in any way
I emailed Apollo just to show them pics and mention it
They replied saying they will show the engineers and get back to me
Almost a week later they replied saying that the engineers said it should be fine to continue using as is and I should not wipe it out while it is still very hot and should't "scrub" the bowl when cleaning
I replied thank you for the reply and that I only use q-tips with water or iso and don't scrub

Next day in the mail a whole complete clone of my original order arrived
They had not told me they were replacing my unit and I hadn't given them any grief about it and was only showing them the wear
So now I have two ALP and two MP that fit
They also let me register the new one for warranty so they are both covered
Very impressed with the company so far
The communication and then CS plus the loyalty discounts has been commendable

And the vape has still retired my other portables atm
Between this and my ballers I am starting to sell and gift on most of my other vapes, they simply don't hit the same and are better off being used by people who can't access vapes easily
I've settled for full temp on demand mode with decent strength draws for weed and full temp session mode for rosin/feco
IMG20220917184810.jpg

Last edited:
I've been using the ALP with the eds stem on the MP lately while at home
I haven't used a jhook or bong
Just the eds stem as an MP
It gives the extra cooling, but the main reason for me is the round MP
I can now hold the ALP naturally as it sits in my hand and draw while it is sideways or an angle however is comfortable
Much better

Also saw on FC for a week there is a sale with the code WC where you can pick one up for $170 USD
IMG20220930201605.jpg

Did a cleaning today
Forgot to take pics but the glass was reclaimy af hahaa
This thing is great for maintenance, it's a piece of piss to clean - glass tube and dosing disc in us cleaner and done
One qtip for each of two holes - one side iso the other mouth or water moistened to wipe out iso - done
Two q-tips, one iso and one moistioned to wipe the silicone bits around the bowl and door - done
One or two q-tips to wipe the MP screen clean

But the biggest I noticed - not only is that easier than a DV or mighty or edge to clean - I went through 4 or 5 battery charges before I cleaned it - and tbh I could have kept going
No degradation in taste or performance at all - the only reason I decided to check and clean it was because I was cleaning other vape bits and doing an iso jar in the US cleaner run so decided to chuck the ALP bits in

So it's very easy to clean, but also doesn't need cleaning very often in comparison to other vapes
The second half of the glass tube stays quite clean and clear
Still winning the reach test for portables atm
My mini Plenty/baller injector vape

Received my ALP ABOUT 30 hours ago and really like what I experienced.
Battery-Life is Excellent with lots of Sessions , did not take a count of how many?
Excellent flavor and vapor.
Small oval screen next to bowl and in air path with gasket kept popping out. Next thing I realized the screen and gasket are gone and yet to be found. With the little luck I’ve had, I had some luck today! I received dosing capsules for my M+ and Plenty vapes, Low And Behold theLid from dosing capsule is the perfect fit and acts as a Secondscreen/dosing capsule . Not going to use the spares provided .
Instead the Lid from dosing capsule will be a permanent addition to my New to “My Rotation“Vaporizers !
Would Love to see Airvape or someone to produce A proprietary-dosing capsule .

7E350A60-EA01-4EC7-8DC4-583ABDE6DD43.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my ALP ABOUT 30 hours ago and really like what I experienced.
Battery-Life is Excellent with lots of Sessions , did not take a count of how many?
Excellent flavor and vapor.
Small oval screen next to bowl and in air path with gasket kept popping out. Next thing I realized the screen and gasket are gone and yet to be found. With the little luck I’ve had, I had some luck today! I received dosing capsules for my M+ and Plenty vapes, Low And Behold theLid from dosing capsule is the perfect fit and acts as a Secondscreen/dosing capsule . Not going to use the spares provided .
Instead the Lid from dosing capsule will be a permanent addition to my New to “My Rotation“Vaporizers !
Would Love to see Airvape or someone to produce A proprietary-dosing capsule .
If you read through here there are tips

I removed and threw away the small gold screen all together - useless, gets clogged and better airflow without it

Instead of a mighty cap lid try a mighty mesh screen instead on the bowl - ss not aluminium and it has better airflow again keeping everything clean

Dosing caps for the ALP are due to be released in November

If you read through here there are tips

I removed and threw away the small gold screen all together - useless, gets clogged and better airflow without it

Instead of a mighty cap lid try a mighty mesh screen instead on the bowl - ss not aluminium and it has better airflow again keeping everything clean

Dosing caps for the ALP are due to be released in November.

I will give the Mighty screen a try in the ALP. Also have the ss Mighty dosing capsules on the way.
20- S&B Aluminum dosing caps were $20 USD.
5- Stainless S&B dosing caps were$20 .
Stainless screen 20 cents? Good temporary fix for what ails the ALP. When I receive the stainless dosing caps I will use the ss
lid in mine as it keeps it very clean throughout the Vaping ritual .
IMO the Silicon in the chamber bowl area can be redesigned to where a screen such as original will stay put along with the gasket.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back