Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Automotive Thread

I am not a fan of electric cars either, not battery powered anyway...hydrogen fuel cell vehicles or similar until a decent battery is invented, who knows where it will go?

Them there batteries are very bad juju for the children that mine the raw materials.
Then there the whole catch on fire issue.......need some work yet.
8 cylinders is the minimum needed to achieve erection.

Then there the whole catch on fire issue.
They have already proved a safe battery can be made, safer than other things in a car anyway,

The only drawback on these is size.

until a decent battery is invented

Are we close to a quantum battery.. i know thats gonna be a game changer....
8 cylinders is the minimum needed to achieve erection
Ahaha you american right....
Im european... a 4 cylinder with a huuuuge turbo is enough for me....
Orrrr anything 2 stoke.. fuck i miss 2 stroke...
Often follow mopeds for the smell.....

I just finished watching the following video of a bike I owned as a teenager once I got my full license...it was a step up from my Honda XR200 road/trail bike,

A bit more go than the normal moped!

I just finished watching the following video of a bike I owned as a teenager once I got my full license...it was a step up from my Honda XR200 road/trail bike,

A bit more go than the normal moped!

You really are a very cool man with very good taste..
I am currently looking for an old 2 stroke..
Id have your bike in a heartbeat.. and if you still owned it, that would be worth a fair few quid now...
V4 is the best bike engine layout.. a nice mix of torque and high rev power.... best of both...
The extra torque is needed with a 2 stroke on the road...

Also hunting rgv250/500... or tzr...
SmartSelect_20201225-110550_Instagram.jpg

I want to get one and modernise it.. decent ohlins suspension all round, radial brakes, quickshifter/slipper clutch, and a new style fairing....

Last edited:
download.jpeg

Two strokes ain't no jokes......lolz.
Old water buffalo almost killed me a thousand times fucking tank.

Is that a 750 Suzuki water bottle? If so, my riding instructor had one back in the late 80's and it sounded mean!

So Tesla seem like pricks, they screen your VIN before selling (or not) you spare parts...WTF!

Starting to see serialized repairs meaning you cannot take parts off one model to use on another same model.Forces you to buy your parts from tesla,apple,Sony.......and removes small business from the repair downstream.
Essentially dirty pool that ensures the consumer gets fucked.

Shameless Subie plug.
Insane Pastrana demo with WRX STI.

I wonder if when he dropped that wheel off the edge he pooped himself...

20210224_113851.jpg

Picked this up for the kid...2011 Florida vehicle, woman owned.. only a rear end bumper job..
$6K cash and 62K on the ODO...
I know my way around this things, it will be perfect as she only needs it for TX and SoCal....
Felling lucky and blessed today, very thankfully that I found this

If that is a Prius, Toyota says the battery is good for 10 years (maybe longer with lower miles)...hmmm US$4k plus labor.
Apart from that...nice! I really like Toyota products, I had an 81 Celica, twin cam, twin carb with a Yamaha performance head on it. I owned that car for over 10 years and it lived in Tas, Qld, WA then Tas again...it was moved all over the country as I moved with the company I worked with.

If that is a Prius, Toyota says the battery is good for 10 years (maybe longer with lower miles)...hmmm US$4k plus labor.
Apart from that...nice! I really like Toyota products, I had an 81 Celica, twin cam, twin carb with a Yamaha performance head on it. I owned that car for over 10 years and it lived in Tas, Qld, WA then Tas again...it was moved all over the country as I moved with the company I worked with.

Love an old celica.. not the new ones..

Im looking for a mitsubishi eclipse gsx and just cant find one anywhere... loads in US...
Rare here... you can easily put them to 600 bhp with no engine internals needed... small, fast and 4 wheel drive... i want one......
Wouldnt be surprised if @LesPlenty has owned one......

The warranty on the hybrid battery is 100K miles no time limit for the year 2011. That gives me a few more than 30K to worry about that, in her case that is over a decade. My sister had these before and sold with 240K miles and no issues, fingers crossed.
I have taken it for a full inspection on a lift and except for the AUX battery ( already ordered a replacement for $170) no issues. I don't need it to last forever, just a couple of years or so, she will be back in Spain after her current gig is over.
I am still thinking about the fj, but not, for now, cash flow is a bit tight right now with these covid shit fucking with my money

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back