Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Brilliant Cut Grinder

Pretty damn sure when I was on their website it is Canadian. Don't matter if it is USA or Canada either way I pay a big freight premium. Might be worth emailing them to see if they have distributors south of the border.

The guy behind the BCG is a great guy, I’ve chatted with him a lot before it’s release, while being developed and refined. He’s very genuine and honest in his communication and interaction. I’m pretty sure that the plan eventually includes distribution via retailers both American and European. It’s very early days for the product and company, I’d think he’ll want to have all the inevitable wrinkles ironed out before adding wholesale orders to his plate of commitments. He’s working hard to keep up with current orders and AFAIK they don’t do the anodising in-house so there’s parts of the process that aren’t in his control.

If you want the very best grinder available and you want it now, imo there’s no reason to not support this young company that revolutionised the 3-piece grinder (imo the grinder game in general), in fact I think it’s important to support them now when they need it. Especially when every established company and every newcomer was happy to make the same thing year after year with only minor tooth tweaks or added colours. Any of them could have evolved & made a better grinder but they didn’t, so this guy did. I love Randy & the peeps at PIU, great prices and incredible service so I get the sentiment. But if enough people wait for the BCG to come to their regular online outlets, the manufacturer could shutter and then the day never comes.

After many no-name generics, a Space Case, an SCS and the last two years of constantly & diligently poking & brushing the fine plate of a Kannastor GR8TR converted to a 3-piece - I have reached grinder nirvana! It’s a ridiculous amount of pleasure every time I use it, I catch myself chuckling at how well it does its job. Got all 3 plates but haven’t used the coarse one yet. It’s my grinder for life!

There's actually a sale going on right now... and I don't expect the prices to be any better on 4/20 so..... I pulled the trigger. :biggrin: I got the Grinder set rather than buying things individually. It's going for $125.00 right now.
Hi Mom.

Just wanted to point out that the BCG website has the same pricing compared to when GFL started selling the grinder.

The difference being that the site originally priced their product in Canadian dollars. A lot of ppl were confusing the price tag as USD. I’m guessing GFL decided to change the pricing to Avoid anymore confusion wrt ppl saying $165USD is too much to pay.

Hi Mom.

Just wanted to point out that the BCG website has the same pricing compared to when GFL started selling the grinder.

The difference being that the site originally priced their product in Canadian dollars. A lot of ppl were confusing the price tag as USD. I’m guessing GFL decided to change the pricing to Avoid anymore confusion wrt ppl saying $165USD is too much to pay.
Lol apparently I was one of them :ko:....
In any case I felt the need to buy myself a new toy and I’d had my eye on this for a while now. Can’t wait to check it out. :smile:

There's actually a sale going on right now... and I don't expect the prices to be any better on 4/20 so..... I pulled the trigger. :biggrin: I got the Grinder set rather than buying things individually. It's going for $125.00 right now.

Nice one. Taking one for the team. Your feedback will be critical in my decision making :smile:.

Completely agree with you @pxl_jockey about supporting innovators rather than complacent companies churning out the same ole same ole...... The only sticking point for me is freight to Oz will be expensive & there is no getting around that. Otherwise I would have ordered one weeks ago. Another thing I like is they have not tried to reinvent the wheel. They just may have built a better mousetrap though.

I used my BCG last night with some wonderful Grease Monkey with the fine grind plate.

The grind was extremely consistent (good thing) and was indeed a true fine grind.

I did load the grinder up pretty good and yeah, you have to press the lid on and its can be a bit tough to get it to move at first (like any grinder that's basically stuffed) but once it moved a bit it took very little effort and, as said, the resulting grind was outstanding. As I believe I said somewhere else in this thread, I tend to bulk grind an 1/8 - 1/4 at a time and then Space Case it up so I do tend to stuff grinders.

I do continue to urge them to make a larger version that will provide a bit more torque and grip. I do think a 2.75" - 3" would be wonderful. If you have hand strength issues, this might give you a bit of a challenge (in which case I would recommend the New Vape Armband version of their Fine Grinder which has the best grip I have found).

It is very attractive and very effective.

551v3s6iiz8oq158.jpeg

@Baron23 How long is it taking between order and shipment for these? Just curious. Did you get a shipping notice? I've seen folk starting to get theirs and was wondering if those are his first orders going out or if he's getting current. You just got yours; right?
Depends...mine took about 4 weeks because I asked for gold cutting plates and they were in the queue for anodizing. It should be a lot sooner now but also, if I had known which colors were available then maybe I would have selected on in stock.

I believe I have seen others get theirs much, much more quickly....color they picked was in stock.

No, these are not his very first orders out...still early days, but seems like I'm reading a lot of folks have gotten this grinder recently. But I have no count or any real data.

I'm hoping the partner with a US retailer (@PuffItUp hint hint) soon.
That would be about when I would be tempted to jump on board. More so in April. They are my S-mart for vaping and bought my last 2 grinders through them. Held off on so many other grinders and this one seems to KISS to what falls through the teeth. There is a center post in the tray which is probably what contributes most to the ease of grinding. A lot of though into the center of 'the wheel.' Does the bottom 2 pieces seem to lock together when turning?
I do get most of the design choices for this grinder. Even the lack of screen and threads and trays. Could use a screen and bottom from my grinder graveyard for that option if need be.

Yeah, there are three posts on the bottom of the grinding plate that grip the center post and keep it from twisting.

I used my BCG last night with some wonderful Grease Monkey with the fine grind plate.

The grind was extremely consistent (good thing) and was indeed a true fine grind.

I did load the grinder up pretty good and yeah, you have to press the lid on and its can be a bit tough to get it to move at first (like any grinder that's basically stuffed) but once it moved a bit it took very little effort and, as said, the resulting grind was outstanding. As I believe I said somewhere else in this thread, I tend to bulk grind an 1/8 - 1/4 at a time and then Space Case it up so I do tend to stuff grinders.

I do continue to urge them to make a larger version that will provide a bit more torque and grip. I do think a 2.75" - 3" would be wonderful. If you have hand strength issues, this might give you a bit of a challenge (in which case I would recommend the New Vape Armband version of their Fine Grinder which has the best grip I have found).

It is very attractive and very effective.

551v3s6iiz8oq158.jpeg
I find that if I’m grinding a lot of herb at once, it’s not needed to have the lid completely closed. As long as the bud can be mulched, it’s all good. Very little effort needed from start to get the lid to move. As the bud is ground, the lid will automatically clamp shut by itself as you’re turning it. If careful, very little bud will fall out from the lid not being closed all the way.

Am I making any sense? I can’t tell.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back