Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tek Bubble Hash

Oops sorry forgot to label... The grainy one is the 160.the whiter is 73.
No problem sir, the grades were apparent just looking :D

Still have to look and do a drying think.

I'm thinking on parchment paper in glass cylinder in my closet room?
By glass cylinder, if you mean a container of some kind, do not do this. You should not put wet hash in any enclosed space. If the closet room is well ventilated and dust free, find a large surface area (3-5ft squared should be plenty of space) and spread your material into a thin, fine powder by sieving or microplaning or otherwise. Be careful of parchments, IME some parchments cannot withstand contact with water, and your hash can become enmeshed in it. PTFE like Oil slick makes is great though.

Make sure that the space you are drying in is very dry, the lower the relative humidity, the better. Ideally, <50% RH is necessary, and 35% RH or less is even better. Keep the room cool too :) Let the material dry until it doesn't sizzle when you dab it. You will notice that full melt looks darker when it is dried than when it is wet. The more mature your resin, the darker the full melt.

Ok so no go on the glass.

What about those plastic trays that little oranges Comr in? Little holes all around the box.

Put as much ptfe or parchment as I can on bottom and then credit card chop the hash.... Or freeze it for 10-15minites and then microplane it..

Put that box into my closet and hope for the best.?

Ohh I see..

Although I don't want to use cardboard, I'll break a box and use that, as that has large surface area and will dry it faster.

Sorry I'm a bit excited, so am not thinking well

Ok so no go on the glass.

What about those plastic trays that little oranges Comr in? Little holes all around the box.

Put as much ptfe or parchment as I can on bottom and then credit card chop the hash.... Or freeze it for 10-15minites and then microplane it..

Put that box into my closet and hope for the best.?

Ohh I see..

Although I don't want to use cardboard, I'll break a box and use that, as that has large surface area and will dry it faster.

Sorry I'm a bit excited, so am not thinking well
Don't use credit cards etc, won't spread the material enough and is not going to be a very clean thing to touch your hash with.

Is your closet well ventilated? Make sure in any case that you have a dust cover for your hash. Many of those kinds of products made for outdoor dining work well.

If you can't think of what to do, you can always leave your hash in a freezer until you can find somewhere better to dry it :)

Do let us all know when you get a chance to try and dab some! Here's to hoping it is dabbable :D

20170521_055036.jpg
] No problem I will!!!

I'llhope for the best for this drying.

I'll try a bit tomorrow, and see :)

Is it supposed to be this soft while I press against the screen?

Or have I not froze it enough?

Edit: here is my drying table. Yes.... That is cardboard :( lol. Couldn't think fast enough. Tore apart some boxes and paper bags. Threw a desiccant in the middle. I'll come back to this in like 6-7hours when I wake up :p

Please tell me what I did wrong and stuff. Got one more chance at this. :)

When u wake up ill try a little bit from it all.

At the moment and pictured is the 160 first and second pull. And the 73 first and second pull. All on their own little Slab of cardboard. Not all of it protected by the dust cover.

Attachments

• 20170521_042926.jpg
    20170521_042926.jpg
    997 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
I went through a few permutations for drying, and the first time was onto cardboard. In the end, after direction from a few in the room, I started using glass trays. Microwave liners are great - large, flat, low sides and easy to get to with a scraper if needs be. It dries fairly quickly with a little airflow. And, like many others, I've tried microplaning. Just once, and it was a mess. Last time, once it dried, I cut it up with a razorblade and left it to dry on the glass for awhile longer.

I went through a few permutations for drying, and the first time was onto cardboard. In the end, after direction from a few in the room, I started using glass trays. Microwave liners are great - large, flat, low sides and easy to get to with a scraper if needs be. It dries fairly quickly with a little airflow. And, like many others, I've tried microplaning. Just once, and it was a mess. Last time, once it dried, I cut it up with a razorblade and left it to dry on the glass for awhile longer.
Yea microplane g was kind of a pain.

How long did it take to dry?

Also, do you just scrape it all off the hoard and put it in a container of some sort? What u microplane d out, looks pretty dry. Hash a crunch when I press my knife down upon it.

I put some on the tip of my blade and hit it with the lighter. No meltiness. Just catches fire and then smells like old school hash. And leaves little ash behind.

Yea microplane g was kind of a pain.

How long did it take to dry?

Also, do you just scrape it all off the hoard and put it in a container of some sort? What u microplane d out, looks pretty dry. Hash a crunch when I press my knife down upon it.

I put some on the tip of my blade and hit it with the lighter. No meltiness. Just catches fire and then smells like old school hash. And leaves little ash behind.
Hmmm, Was this the 73 micron? One issue is that without a 120u bag, you are mixing a lot of stuff into your main collection that would not usually be expected to melt. Just using a 120u bag will improve your yields to a great extent.

You may or may not have agitated a little too rough, it is very hard to keep it all consistent with manual agitation.

Still, dab a small piece of that hash when it dries, I find that lighters are an unreliable way to test the extent of melt. When you dab it, listen for any sizzle, which indicates you've got too much water left. Hash can look less melty if you try to melt when it is wet.

If it is not melty enough to dab until finished, then consider rosining :)

Either way it's a win win!!!

I'll bring the stuff inside, as it's getting really hot outside. I'll try it out and see on the enail. Quartz halo.

When it's dried, should I scrape it all up and put it in a glass container or something? I still have some patties wrapped in a towel in the freezer for more microplaning.

I'll most definitely look into getting that 120 bag I think. (if one bag, 120 should be chosen, right?) I still have about 300g of sugar leaves to run.

In any case, worst come worst, rosin is still fantastic.

20170521_162829.jpg
Hey class, here's an update.

So it's been atleast 12 hours of micropla
20170521_161500.jpg
ne drying. It feels pretty dry and sounds crunch when moved around.

I take a little pinch of it and put it on my nail. Only a little melt, maybe 5-10%. The rest just seemed to char up and get sucked up into the carb cap.

I have a feeling it's going to stay like this quality. I raided the temperature up to see if that will cause any difference. Probably not though.

Would the addition of the 120 make a significant melty difference? Or if it is like this it's more or less going to stay like this?

Or should I just rosin it all up?

And then if rosin, should I just combine the 73+160? I'll be honest and say I have done no research into bubble hash rosin except looking at pictures and videos from instagram haha.

As for now, I'm going to scoop all the melt off and collect it in separate jars.
20170521_161505.jpg

Last edited:
When I microplaned the trichomes melted and stuck to everything. Drying time was overnight, and the was water on the tray.

I'm thinking your run, like mine, are too long and too hard. This takes less agitation. I'm slowly realizing that the heads will fall off with just gentle movement of cold water. We're not trying to clean the plant, just let the little bubbles drift away. At least that's how I'm trying to rationalize it to myself... Great job with it! Know each next run will get easier :)

I'm thinking your run, like mine, are too long and too hard. This takes less agitation.... We're not trying to clean the plant,
I just busted up laughing so hard.

I'm imagining you and my version of "gentle agitation." I forsure probably did too much hahahaha. Straight swirling and tossing that shit and trying to whirlpool it like crazy.

Too funny.

Anyway next run I'll try a VERY gentle maybe a few swirls in the whole mixing stage phase.

Little sad it's not melty melty right away or at all though to be honest.

Now to rosin it I suppose.

I have a hair straightener. But I think it might be better if I took it to a rosin pro? I'll bring some sort of screens (nylon? Silk?) and a rough idea of low temperature.

Either way it's a win win!!!

I'll bring the stuff inside, as it's getting really hot outside. I'll try it out and see on the enail. Quartz halo.

When it's dried, should I scrape it all up and put it in a glass container or something? I still have some patties wrapped in a towel in the freezer for more microplaning.

I'll most definitely look into getting that 120 bag I think. (if one bag, 120 should be chosen, right?) I still have about 300g of sugar leaves to run.

In any case, worst come worst, rosin is still fantastic.
Definitely get the 120 bag to start with, but the 45 bag is also indispensible. 45u hash can definitely be full melt. 25u, not so often.

View attachment 329 Hey class, here's an update.

So it's been atleast 12 hours of microplaView attachment 328 ne drying. It feels pretty dry and sounds crunch when moved around.

I take a little pinch of it and put it on my nail. Only a little melt, maybe 5-10%. The rest just seemed to char up and get sucked up into the carb cap.

I have a feeling it's going to stay like this quality. I raided the temperature up to see if that will cause any difference. Probably not though.

Would the addition of the 120 make a significant melty difference? Or if it is like this it's more or less going to stay like this?

Or should I just rosin it all up?

And then if rosin, should I just combine the 73+160? I'll be honest and say I have done no research into bubble hash rosin except looking at pictures and videos from instagram haha.

As for now, I'm going to scoop all the melt off and collect it in separate jars. View attachment 327

Adding the 120 will significantly improve quality. Another thing is that we should separate the earlier and later collections. The best resin falls off the material first. The more you agitate, the more contaminant starts to come through and so later agitations should be separated from the earlier ones to maintain maximum melt.

I would squish the 73 and 160 collections separately. That 73 will be higher yielding and better tasting without a doubt. Btw, where is your 25 collection???

When I microplaned the trichomes melted and stuck to everything. Drying time was overnight, and the was water on the tray.

I'm thinking your run, like mine, are too long and too hard. This takes less agitation. I'm slowly realizing that the heads will fall off with just gentle movement of cold water. We're not trying to clean the plant, just let the little bubbles drift away. At least that's how I'm trying to rationalize it to myself... Great job with it! Know each next run will get easier :)
Could definitely have been an issue of too hard on the agitation as you say. As I mentioned above, it is very easy to overdo the agitation with manual stirring.

I just busted up laughing so hard.

I'm imagining you and my version of "gentle agitation." I forsure probably did too much hahahaha. Straight swirling and tossing that shit and trying to whirlpool it like crazy.

Too funny.

Anyway next run I'll try a VERY gentle maybe a few swirls in the whole mixing stage phase.

Little sad it's not melty melty right away or at all though to be honest.

Now to rosin it I suppose.

I have a hair straightener. But I think it might be better if I took it to a rosin pro? I'll bring some sort of screens (nylon? Silk?) and a rough idea of low temperature.
If your straightener can be kept at low enough temps, definitely squish some of your hash there. Use a pressing screen though, muslin works at a pinch, but I also have used bubbleman's screens which can work well. You will find that the straightener works very well for pressing small amounts of hash :D You don't need so much pressure for hash as for flower.

Don't be sad about the lack of melt. I don't think I got full melt the first time either ;) Also you did manual agitation which is much more challenging. Definitely easier and more repeatable with a machine ;)

Definitely get the 120 bag to start with, but the 45 bag is also indispensible. 45u hash can definitely be full melt. 25u, not so often.

Adding the 120 will significantly improve quality. Another thing is that we should separate the earlier and later collections. The best resin falls off the material first. The more you agitate, the more contaminant starts to come through and so later agitations should be separated from the earlier ones to maintain maximum melt.

I would squish the 73 and 160 collections separately. That 73 will be higher yielding and better tasting without a doubt. Btw, where is your 25 collection???

Could definitely have been an issue of too hard on the agitation as you say. As I mentioned above, it is very easy to overdo the agitation with manual stirring.

If your straightener can be kept at low enough temps, definitely squish some of your hash there. Use a pressing screen though, muslin works at a pinch, but I also have used bubbleman's screens which can work well. You will find that the straightener works very well for pressing small amounts of hash :D You don't need so much pressure for hash as for flower.

Don't be sad about the lack of melt. I don't think I got full melt the first time either ;) Also you did manual agitation which is much more challenging. Definitely easier and more repeatable with a machine ;)
Haha yea I probably did too much agitation. I'll try tonight with very very gentle stirs.

As for the 25, I just micro planed it out and put it under the fan to dry for a day or two.

As for now, here is the rough weights for 200g sugar leaf run..

73(1st pull) =0.649
73(2nd)=1g

160(1)=0.9
160(2)=1.45

The two 25 runs are being dried off as we speak.

The 3rd pull of the 73 and 160 also drying now.

As for collection, I jammed some parchment paper (it stuck more to ptfe squares I noticed) into the glass container and then pour into. I'm thinking because it's dry, I should be able to just dump it in the glass right?

Here are some pics....
20170522_173941.jpg

@Drsteez - looking great! I'll take some pix of mine next run. Which will be substantially more gentle than they have been. I have a machine, and I'm pretty darn sure the first run on the next batch is just ice, water, herb, and soak for a couple of minutes. The machine might get a minute of action. Because we can do more runs, and by 3 or so (or so I'm percolating with) there shouldn't be much worth getting after 3 washes. Which also means I should go through some composted trim to see how much there is to reclaim from that bundle from last year... If I knew now what we're gonna learn I'da been much further ahead :)

Haha yea I probably did too much agitation. I'll try tonight with very very gentle stirs.

As for the 25, I just micro planed it out and put it under the fan to dry for a day or two.

As for now, here is the rough weights for 200g sugar leaf run..

73(1st pull) =0.649
73(2nd)=1g

160(1)=0.9
160(2)=1.45

The two 25 runs are being dried off as we speak.

The 3rd pull of the 73 and 160 also drying now.

As for collection, I jammed some parchment paper (it stuck more to ptfe squares I noticed) into the glass container and then pour into. I'm thinking because it's dry, I should be able to just dump it in the glass right?

Here are some pics....View attachment 330

NOTE: All comments here refer to processing trim/sugar leaf, not flower unless otherwise stated.

After many hours of trying, I've finally been able to use the quote tool on the site, some issues on the back end it seems so apologies for the delay.

Your returns sound like they'll be normal enough once you've got your 25u material (there should be a fair amount of it, since this contains everything smaller than 73u in your case).

Definitely do gentle stirs, also much shorter agitations. Your first spin should not even be a whole minute! One should only expect the first 1-3 agitations to produce full melt in 90u, 73u, 45u and 25u bags. The 120u will only ever produce full melt from the first agitation IME, and only with the most resin-caked, mature trim that was allowed a sufficiently long flowering period. The rest is not likely to be so melty.

If it is dry and not super melty, you should have no problem just putting it into glass. I keep all of my full melt on glass and do not use parchment for that purpose. Many parchments delaminate into your full melt when you pull your full melt off of it.

If you ever have trouble removing sticky hash from glass, press and ice pack onto the outside surface of the glass and then try again :) Cold makes even the stickiest 6 star full melt easy to collect with a flat dabber tool leaving little-no residue.

@Drsteez - looking great! I'll take some pix of mine next run. Which will be substantially more gentle than they have been. I have a machine, and I'm pretty darn sure the first run on the next batch is just ice, water, herb, and soak for a couple of minutes. The machine might get a minute of action. Because we can do more runs, and by 3 or so (or so I'm percolating with) there shouldn't be much worth getting after 3 washes. Which also means I should go through some composted trim to see how much there is to reclaim from that bundle from last year... If I knew now what we're gonna learn I'da been much further ahead :)

The first agitation should never exceed 1 minute IME, seconds are more appropriate than minutes here. The second wash can be a little longer, between 1-2 mins. The 3rd wash I do 3 mins and then start to increase more and more. With trim, I suggest 5-10 agitations. My most recent trim run was 7 washes. With flower, 10-20 agitations are a must (the more dense your nugs, the more agitations). Most recently I did 14 agitations in a flower run.

You have the right idea for sure on starting out with short spins brother, and that pre-soak is essential :) Dry material will be too frangible without a pre-soak to get the plant material wet and supple (and hence more resistant to breaking and getting into your hash).

I wonder if it would be beneficial if I were to keep the ice and weed sandwich longer before adding the water. And by adding the water that force alone would be able to capture the trichomes. Very little to no manual agitation.

Think that's possible? Just throwing some highdeas.

And I can't thank you enough herbi. You are way too cool. Too much of a help Everywhere.

Thank you. :))

I wonder if it would be beneficial if I were to keep the ice and weed sandwich longer before adding the water. And by adding the water that force alone would be able to capture the trichomes. Very little to no manual agitation.

Think that's possible? Just throwing some highdeas.

And I can't thank you enough herbi. You are way too cool. Too much of a help Everywhere.

Thank you. :))
I think that you may have counter-productive effects on your hash if you do what you mention there, because if there are ice cubes on either side of your trim without water, the ice is more likely to make the trim too cold with too little moisture. This will make your trim more brittle, rather than less brittle (which is what we aim to achieve by pre-soaking, and is essential if we want full melt from trim).

Pouring the water onto this ice/trim/ice sandwich may cause violent agitation of brittle trim and cause you to have small particles of plant matter that will get into your hash. The more force the water hits the ice/trim/ice, the worse this effect will be.

Many thanks for the very kind words my friend, I am glad to have helped in any way for any of you guys! :peace:

This is all great info - thanks! Again!

So here's another question - when you do these shirt runs do you combine the results of all the runs together? Or are you saving the first one or two separately before ganging the later runs? I'm approaching this from the first couple of gentle ones being the caviar, and the later runs being the less desirable for melty *s, but still good for other things?

Or am I way off base? It's happened before... ;)

This is all great info - thanks! Again!
Always a pleasure brother!

So here's another question - when you do these shirt runs do you combine the results of all the runs together? Or are you saving the first one or two separately before ganging the later runs? I'm approaching this from the first couple of gentle ones being the caviar, and the later runs being the less desirable for melty *s, but still good for other things?

Or am I way off base? It's happened before... ;)

It depends on the state of your material. Successive flower collections from flowers of high resin quantity/quality/maturity will be meltier for longer. you may find that the first half of your agitations are all equally exceptional 6 star full melt. With flower, I tend to get nothing but full melt except in my contaminant bag for every wash. The difference will be that the later collections from certain bags will be 5 star, not 6.

With trim, only the first 1-3 runs are going to give you 5-6 star usually. We separate those from the latter collections, which will be lesser melting ones as you suggested.

I think that you may have counter-productive effects on your hash if you do what you mention there, because if there are ice cubes on either side of your trim without water, the ice is more likely to make the trim too cold with too little moisture. This will make your trim more brittle, rather than less brittle (which is what we aim to achieve by pre-soaking, and is essential if we want full melt from trim).

Pouring the water onto this ice/trim/ice sandwich may cause violent agitation of brittle trim and cause you to have small particles of plant matter that will get into your hash. The more force the water hits the ice/trim/ice, the worse this effect will be.

Many thanks for the very kind words my friend, I am glad to have helped in any way for any of you guys! :peace:
Ahh I see. That would be counter productive, makes sense.

So maybe I should put a little bit of cold water with some ice cubes to let it presoak before adding the majority of ice cubes?

Super Super gentle agitations (maybe a swirl or two. Then a bunch of shaking or gentle dropping of the bucket.) for less than a minute.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back