Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
911 wiped out most of our privacy away, C1984 will end it all together. As long as folks still have their creature comforts and food on the table, 'most' will acquiesce and go along with being programmed and lead off cliff as constitutional Liberties erode permanently.

911 wiped out most of our privacy away, C1984 will end it all together. As long as folks still have their creature comforts and food on the table, 'most' will acquiesce and go along with being programmed and lead off cliff as constitutional Liberties erode permanently.
I had a nightmare last night for the first time in a long time?
More ROSIN needed to reach a CIVILIZED level of bliss!
Went on a road trip south with no traffic in the bubble.
Unrealistic driver’s?
The ocean ghetto was refreshing as I stayed in the suv reading a book in the parking lot of the industrial park were business were operating with no fear of disease?

My nose still has not come right since the nasal probe...we were finally allowed to go to the hardware store and had to drive past the test site, I could not help it, I just had to rub my nose!
Still no new cases reported here in Tas for a little while, only 5 this month in total...being a smallish island state helps.

97996316_10164410216445377_8306473008231350272_n.jpg

Our Super Fancy etsy masks came. Yay! So nice to not need makeup, just a touch of mascara, and I can now safely step out the front door to get the packages piling up on the porch. Now these are All Kinds Of New masks, so they hook over the ears. This has never been a problem for me, but I've never tried to wear a mask 24/7. Sadly, I'm a bad nail biter, nose picker, eye rubbing person. Bad habits will be the death of me! To make things worse, I can't buy anything without having to then shop for that item. Cases, holders, pads, mats, bowls, tubes, whatever. Everything seems to need something else. The masks didn't seem to require anything but a head to strap them on, but that was too easy. ..
Happily, I also ordered some fabric headbands and sheet sets. The sheets have nothing to do with anything, except they are Real Nice, and they came in fabric bags with two buttons for closure. I bought a lot of sheets ( Real Nice, and a sale!), so there were many buttons to remove and stich to the headbands at ear level. Ta da ! Now the elastic loops over the buttons, not the ears. Now the masks can be worn without irritation, and I used up a bunch of useless buttons because I was never going to ever stuff the sheets back into the fabric pouches they came in. For the Rub The Eye problem, I just throw on a sleep mask, so I'm covered. Eyes, nose and mouth properly covered! I'm safe!

Our Super Fancy etsy masks came. Yay! So nice to not need makeup, just a touch of mascara, and I can now safely step out the front door to get the packages piling up on the porch. Now these are All Kinds Of New masks, so they hook over the ears. This has never been a problem for me, but I've never tried to wear a mask 24/7. Sadly, I'm a bad nail biter, nose picker, eye rubbing person. Bad habits will be the death of me! To make things worse, I can't buy anything without having to then shop for that item. Cases, holders, pads, mats, bowls, tubes, whatever. Everything seems to need something else. The masks didn't seem to require anything but a head to strap them on, but that was too easy. ..
Happily, I also ordered some fabric headbands and sheet sets. The sheets have nothing to do with anything, except they are Real Nice, and they came in fabric bags with two buttons for closure. I bought a lot of sheets ( Real Nice, and a sale!), so there were many buttons to remove and stich to the headbands at ear level. Ta da ! Now the elastic loops over the buttons, not the ears. Now the masks can be worn without irritation, and I used up a bunch of useless buttons because I was never going to ever stuff the sheets back into the fabric pouches they came in. For the Rub The Eye problem, I just throw on a sleep mask, so I'm covered. Eyes, nose and mouth properly covered! I'm safe!
I read this old classic book called: “WOZ” can’t spell? FLYING MONKEY’s R N a chapter controlled by a green face creature.
The book: RUB of TIME authored by M A I also read during the PANDEMIC!
I love my wife so much. (She is cool with my unorthodox behavior)?
More ROSIN to medicate in a modern fashion!
CANNABIS & READING go together?

Truer words have never been spoken. 6% are testing positive here where I live, that means 94% don't have it ? WTF i have a feeling of a classic power struggle and a shift. What better way to keep people in line than to threaten them with the safety of their family and loved ones. All you gotta do is stay home and collect a check ,were all in this together ! Anyone hear how the protesters in Hong Kong are doing? The Chinese shut em down all in the name of public safety.

Truer words have never been spoken. 6% are testing positive here where I live, that means 94% don't have it ? WTF i have a feeling of a classic power struggle and a shift. What better way to keep people in line than to threaten them with the safety of their family and loved ones. All you gotta do is stay home and collect a check ,were all in this together ! Anyone hear how the protesters in Hong Kong are doing? The Chinese shut em down all in the name of public safety.
It means 94% are at risk of catching a highly contageous and potentially fatal illness.

Really? A drug for parasites and another that is an antibiotic....as in bacterial infections.

Works for a virus?

Your dog's heartworm pills can be effective - but only if you wash them down with a gulp of Clorox. :nod:

But seriously, it's very possible that a treatment for COVID will be discovered among drugs and drug candidates developed for other indications. Welcome to the age of high-throughput screening!

Can ‘Team Science’ Yield a Covid-19 Treatment?
By Kim Tingley
Published May 13, 2020

There is no standard way of arriving at drugs to test. The choice of remdesivir was based on established understandings of how both it and coronaviruses are known to work... But because there is still much that researchers don’t know about how the virus behaves, actually testing thousands of drugs simultaneously can point to potential therapies that logic couldn’t predict.

On April 17, Chanda, Yin and 29 co-authors from institutions around the world published a paper detailing their findings on the preprint server bioRxiv.org. (The paper is currently being peer-reviewed for publication in a journal.) They tested 12,000 drugs and identified 30 that appear to stop the virus from destroying human cells. Of those, four have already been clinically tested for other uses, including rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, osteoporosis and cancer, and they seem to neutralize the virus in doses that people are likely to tolerate...

A restaurant and bar in Ocean City, Maryland, has created special bumper tables with inner tubes to keep customers six feet apart while they walk around. The tubes are on a metal frame and the customer stands in the middle.
(CNN) — A popular waterfront restaurant in Maryland has come up with a way to keep customers at a safe social distance that actually looks pretty fun.
Fish Tales Bar & Grill in Ocean City has bought new "bumper tables" that are surrounded by large inner tubes to keep diners from getting too close.

com › 2020/05/18
Coronavirus: Ocean City's Fish Tales unveils social distancing tables - DelmarvaNow.com
fish tales bar and grill ocean city maryland from www.delmarvanow.com
2 days ago · Fish Tales in Ocean City, Maryland, has unveiled bumper-style tables custom made by a Baltimore ... It's the creative concept that an Ocean City restaurant unveiled over the weekend to keep Customers safe

Last edited:
When ? How long is too long?
i am self-employed & have been without proper work for a good while now, and of course i worry how long this is going to continue.
but the trouble with 'successful' measures against the spread of the virus is that its success only shows negatively, by less damage. so the damage of no work no money and everything that comes with that is & feels understandably much more immediate. that doesnt make the danger that the virus poses less real. and what makes this extra complicated: putting yourself at risk automatically puts others at risk in the process. from last i heard, more than half of the infections take place *before* the onset of symptoms. i dont know what the testing situation in the us is right now, but here in germany you still have to meet very particular criteria in order to even be able to get tested. and we are testing a lot by comparison i think.
there obviously needs to be a balance in fighting both fronts, protect work / economy & lifes simultaneously, but how to strike that balance is in large part a political discussion, and understandably this is not the place for it.
for me corona coincides with a romantic dryspell, and i have been without direct human contact ever since this all started. it is an odd sensation. like many i am used to hugging my friends, and having taken this for granted all these years, i now get to realise just how precious something seemingly small like this really is.
eventually we are going to get a vaccine, and eventually this particular threat will subside. but i gather it is not likely this pandemic is going to be the last one, chances are there will be a new variance and the hunt for a vaccine will start over. i find it fascinating to see solutions like what @CarolKing posted above, but also chilling to imagine that some of these ideas could become standard and are here to stay. here is an interesting gallery with pandemic design: https://www.domusweb.it/en/speciali...roducts-to-face-the-coronavirus-outbreak.html
1589959802690.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back