Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let this be the end. Children, grandchildren, whatever. I know it's sad, but we had our chance. We all fucked it up. I just want to eat my last frozen pizza and pay my debt and move on to what is hopefully the last next fake world. It's everyone's fault.

We deserved better. And we said no thank you. IMO, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

It's dark as a dungeon way down in the mines. Danger is double, and pleasures are few.

Read thru the comments on the 3rd Link. I've asked Jahan to edit his post to clarify the discussion around THC so folks don't have to read the entire comment section.

Last edited:
Please let this be the end. Children, grandchildren, whatever. I know it's sad, but we had our chance. We all fucked it up. I just want to eat my last frozen pizza and pay my debt and move on to what is hopefully the last next fake world. It's everyone's fault.

Granted, it's a relatively non-disruptive path to extinction. Compared to global thermonuclear war, for example. The rest of nature would thrive, eventually growing verdant enough to sequester carbon and reverse global warming. In just a few million years, semi-intelligent beings like ourselves might evolve from prairie dogs or raccoons.

Very unlikely this time, though. Countries that responded rapidly are already recovering. Subsequent waves won't be as bad, and a vaccine could be developed in a year or two.

Read thru the comments on the 3rd Link. I've asked Jahan to edit his post to clarify the discussion around THC so folks don't have to read the entire comment section.

Even if marijuana doesn't help with the virus, it sure helps pass the time as we isolate from each other. A necessity greater than toilet paper, lol.

And speaking of toilet paper, a paper company in a nearby town offered cases of their commercial tp for sale to the public. I head there were lines a mile long, lol. So when the virus gets here, our asses should be clean.

I live in a township of 500 people, so we are not exactly a beehive of activity. Until summer that is, then we are a tourist destination. Im not sure how all that is going to happen now though. Interesting times.

There are also cases where COVID-19 and influenza are comorbid.

Wow . . . haven't been here in a while as my autoimmune disease has been ravaging my body for many months now absolutely unabated. I see the drama is as strong as ever but now is a time for facts. I take serious precautions against COVID-19 since I have an autoimmune disease and I take drugs that suppress my immune system, but I am not afraid even though I am in the highest risk category. There are elements to this whole thing that are entirely contrived to make people panic. For instance, when you hear the "math" on TV about the death rate of COVID-19 vs the regular seasonal flu it sounds horrific right? Well about 80,000 people died of the regular flu in the US during the winter of 2017 and no one really thinks that's a big deal. Why? Well I don't know but it turns out the math with COVID-19 is being manipulated. They did this by dividing the deaths from the flu by the # of SUSPECTED cases while comparing that to the # of COVID-19 deaths divided by the # of CONFIRMED cases. Obviously this gives the regular flu #'s an advantage as the denominator would be much, much, higher resulting in a lower % death rate. Turns out if you compare apples to apples, the regular flu has about a 2X higher death rate than COVID-19.

Also, there is an inexpensive, antiviral drug discovered in 1934, by the Germans, that is still used to treat malaria that has shown great promise in China and South Korea to stop COVID-19 in its tracks. Its called Chloroquine. It has a sister drug called Hydroxychloroquine that is very similar. It costs about 5 cents/pill and is generic. Trump talked about it today in fact. It shows great promise not only for curing infected people but for being a powerful preventative as well.

The best thing we need right now is information. So I'm posting the link below of a paper that just came out of the Stanford University School of Medicine that speaks about this very subject. It outlines what the Chinese and South Koreans have been doing with these anti-malarial drugs and the success they have been having with them. I consider this a "must read" for people interested in this subject. The paper is not too technical either. There is also an RNA drug/vaccine approach that is being looked at that is quite promising its called Remdesivir and it has already saved people in clinical trials this year. Anyways, if you are worried about this, be calm, keep smart, stay clean, use good habits, and check out the link for some hope and realize the math has been skewed to scare the hell out of you.

Peace and love . . . t-dub :peace:

Last edited:
Granted, it's a relatively non-disruptive path to extinction. Compared to global thermonuclear war, for example. The rest of nature would thrive, eventually growing verdant enough to sequester carbon and reverse global warming. In just a few million years, semi-intelligent beings like ourselves might evolve from prairie dogs or raccoons.

Very unlikely this time, though. Countries that responded rapidly are already recovering. Subsequent waves won't be as bad, and a vaccine could be developed in a year or two.

Hey, a manchild's got to have a dream!

Here's another song to welcome the (hopefully) apocalypse. If you gotta go, then go out in style.

Not sure how they define 'experts' but... I think we have a few here that they forgot to ask lol....

How cannabis experts are stocking up for covid-19 self-isolation

quarantine preparedness, cannabis delivery, coronavirus, covid-19

(alesmunt/AdobeStock)

Edibles. Dabs. Whiskey. Ammo?

People are making a mad dash to stock up for potential 14-day quarantines as COVID-19 spreads in our communities. Sure, you need enough food. But for many people, cannabis is a medicine, wellness product, and/or boredom killer.

‘Weed. Disinfectant wipes. And a collar to keep me from touching my face.’
Ngaio Bealum, comedian, Netflix’s Cooking on High
The tens of millions of cannabis lovers in North America have begun loading up on THC to ride out the first wave of what’s now become a certified pandemic. For example, delivery services like Ganja Goddess Delivers in California report month-over-month sales surging 20-50%.

We asked industry leaders and watchers in California to tell us: What special cannabis items and other splurges line their bunkers?

Good old cannabis flower
Fact: Weed will get you through times of no outdoors better than the outdoors will get you through times of no weed. Patients and adult-use consumers said they feel at liberty to go beyond the legal limit of generally possessing one ounce, given the extenuating circumstances.

• “One ounce each of organically grown, and well-flushed/cured Mochi-gelato, Lambs Breath, and Salty S’mores OG flower, and 100 hemp rolling papers.”—Brent Michael, Salt of the Earth Nursery, Monterey
  • “Weed. Disinfectant wipes. And a collar to keep me from touching my face.”—Ngaio Bealum, comedian, Sacramento
  • “I have kept an eighth, a lighter, and a pipe in my emergency kit for years, because it isn’t a real emergency until I am out of weed. I prefer the nitrogen sealed tins since they keep effectively forever.”—Mitchell Colbert, budtender, Oakland
  • For your California editor David Downs, it’s two ounces of Alien Labs and Connected 2019 outdoor; plus all the sample edibles and extracts in the Leafly office.

Bay Area C.R.A.F.T. delivery is perfect for preppers. (David Downs/Leafly)

Bay Area C.R.A.F.T. delivery is perfect for preppers. (David Downs/Leafly)

Extracts and edibles
High-potency cannabis extracts like hash, rosin, or oils are multiple times stronger than flower. They can also be more shelf-stable, and pack a bigger buzz in a smaller space. As a result, daily cannabis users are stocking up on dabs like they’re frozen juice concentrate. Don’t forget replacement parts for electronic hash water pipes like the Puffco Peak, too.

• “I mean, I need a lot of rosin for two weeks. … But yes, edibles too.”—Elise McRoberts, Doc Greens, Sausalito
  • “I’m locking it down with my Xbox, PuffCo, and my favorite extract brands: Summit Boys, Wox, Raw Garden, Apex, Live Resin Project, Beezle, and Santa Cruz Canna Farms. … I have my priorities. Happy drugs > healthy drugs.”—Chelsea D.
  • RSO! It’s therapeutic, plus, you can eat a whole bunch and just sleep through this Corona thing. Side note: I call RSO, ‘Rick Steves Oil’”—Adam Mintz, Oakland
DIY devices
Self-sufficiency is so hot right now, and that goes for making your own edibles. There are several different devices that will infuse butter or oil with cannabis active ingredients, and the electricity should stay on. Don’t forget a rosin press.

• “For my quarantine stash I have a bomb shelter’s worth of bud, hash, and kief, and my Magical Butter maker to cook up whatever else I could need.”—Mitchell Colbert, Oakland
  • “My Levo II machine to infuse all the things.”—Fabi E.
  • “My stash that I keep for a rainy day or in this case a quarantine. And a couple bags of trim + supplies to make some edibles. And Funyuns.”—Sean R.
Dialing in modalities, cannabinoids
“You got to cough to get off,” the old saying goes. But in 2020, coughing is problematic, to say the least.

Tokers report switching up their modalities, or dialing in specific cannabinoids that can lessen anxiety like CBD, or cause sleep like CBN. Microdosing mints or sublinguals can take the edge off checking twitter.

• “I actually calculated my personal needs for 90 days and bought three or more of some products. I find my stress levels rising but using Breez [mints] with success. Gonna be a long haul.”—Barbara Blazer, registered nurse, Magnolia Wellness, Oakland
  • “I’m taking a break from inhaling cannabis in any form. Just in case. And I’m a flower girl; a multiple-bong-rips-a-day kinda toker. I will say I’m glad to have some tinctures from Om, tablets from Level, and a lot of other thoughtfully crafted products in stock. Anything that’s utilizing a variety of cannabinoids and extracts with some evidence of efficacy.”—Mo, San Francisco
  • “Just got my Sava delivery! Kikoko Calm mints, Sexxpot pre rolls, Space Coyoteinfused pre rolls, Level Blends Morning tablinguals, and CBG Protabs, Juna Nude drops, Henry’s Original, Aster Farms, and Swami Select Ready AF for the apocalypse!”—Shauna Harden, Sonoma County
Complementary vices
Cabin fever is real. Combat boredom and anxiety with lots of mental diversions like activities, hobbies, and treats. Nice-to-haves like chocolate, coffee, and a coloring book go a long way in trying times, survivors report.

• “Same things that are in my [Public Safety Power Shutoff] kit. Except also all the electronics! Yay! Books, nature walks, and Facebook.”—Patricia L., Nevada City
  • “Cigars, scotch, and ammunition.”—David K.
  • “Mezcal.”—Daniel Stein, Evolution Bureau, Oakland

My sister reminded me that I was extremely fortunate with regards to my cancer surgery in December. It was basically an emergency situation as in It would have been a disaster had I not been admitted right away. I could have easily died. I’ve read they’re delaying oncological surgeries due to the corona virus. Man, I really dodged a bullet. I guess I’m still considered high risk. So, I’m isolating somewhat. The whole situation is scary.

Counting your blessings/ good fortune or whatever you attribute a positive outcome to is the best....keep up the good work.

I spent an overnight in Chicago O'hare (thru MN, Friday the 13th.....ha, ha) and had a lot of time to people watch as this was unfolding and come to the realization that everyone gets to deal with this mess in their own way. My compassion mostly goes out to the many people who struggle with low pay and little or no benefits.

One of my fellow travelers who was trying to get home was a self employed geophysicist employed in offshore oil exploration. $20/bbl lol and increasingly restrictive travel rules meant that he was out of work. He found out that his back-up plan of substitute teaching was a no go as well as MI announced state wide school closings in that mornings news. SO, this is a bad deal for everyone, not just the underemployed........for once in my life I feel like I had made the right career choice (grateful).

To those of us who are positioned to weather this clusterfuck relatively unscathed, I suggest taking your federal $1K sugar pill and offering as much of it as you can afford to someone you know in need.

To those of us who are positioned to weather this clusterfuck relatively unscathed, I suggest taking your federal $1K sugar pill and offering as much of it as you can afford to someone you know in need.
I had a conversation just this morning about something similar.

Those who know me know that I have a thing about getting my nails done lol.... but I will not be going to some of my future appointments during this. My esthetician will be put out of business if she has to close for a month. So I plan on paying her for my appointments that I will be missing so that she doesn't lose the income. I also plan on buying a gift certificate to use at a future date. If more of her clients do this it might keep her afloat. The same could be done, via phone, at locally owned restaurants (if still open for carry-out).

I've also decided to take a drive out to my caregiver for 'curbside service.' He is hurting financially and needs the income badly. It's these little things we can do for each other without putting ourselves in harm's way that will help a few people... and if we all do it, hopefully, we can minimize the financial impact a bit.

It's these little things we can do for each other without putting ourselves in harm's way that will help a few people... and if we all do it, hopefully, we can minimize the financial impact a bit.
May One-Hundred-Thousand "Loves" descend upon you and create a protective shield of healing and peace. Such a wonderful sentiment reminds us all that despite the craziness in our world right now, we can still help each other in real and meaningful ways. These acts of empathy and kindness will force the tipping point towards greater human faith, understanding and community.
Thank you for your posts!

Last edited:
So the entire state, 40 million people, are now Sheltering In Place. California trying to save lives. Go Cali! Woohoo!
My kind, brilliant son, is a nurse, heading out into the void every day. He has the day off, so he was at the store at 6 a.m. trying to find toilet paper. They changed opening hours of the store this morning, to 7 a.m. Wait the extra hour? In a growing crowd? In the cold and dark? Time to come home, I say. Nothing wrong with drip dry, I say.

On the lighter side. I am in lockdown for now and have a decent supply of flower, but certainly not bag fulls. I have stopped pressing rosin for now and have converted back to 100% flower. 18% yields are fine when herb is in good supply.

Not exactly microdosing, but smaller loads of flower in the dynavap. Gotta stretch this shit out.

I am a believer that a nice mist of cannabinoids in the respiratory tract each day is a great protectant. It's like corona flypaper, but that's my belief.

Fuck you corona, may your ass burn with the heat of a thousand suns.

Well, huh. My doctor thinks I have COVID-19. Phone appointment today, and no tests available, but I got sick around the time the Corona virus showed up in town, and I've stayed sick. I'm on Day 21 of Sheltering In Place. Under no circumstances am I to show up at the hospital without calling and getting directions. I am to not leave the house, unless it's to go to the hospital. My nebulizer broke, and I needed a new one. My appointment was an hour ago, and I just got a call from the medical equipment supply company. They will be delivering in the next few hours. I assured them I would be safely behind a closed door.
Doc apologized for not being able to do more.
@Madri-Guy to pick up my meds.
Nebulizer delivered. Gots to keep the lungs open, and stop the cough. It's small! And two sets of tubing! Niiice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back