Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's official. Michigan goes under lock down today at midnight. Wanna bet there are a bunch of idiots out and about right now after hearing that news? Gotta get out there one more time before they can't! :shakehead:

I've been self quarantined for a solid 10 days now. Four more days until I know I'm 'safe.' My DIL was exposed at work and through the chain of connection, my husband was potentially exposed. Thereby me as well. I'm not worried... I don't think we have it. But looking at how the numbers are, I am really glad I took this seriously from the get go. The last thing I want is this virus.

I realize it's hard to deal with 'sheltering at home.' Especially for active, busy people. Believe me... I know. I live with one who is going out of his mind. But I see it as an opportunity to get a lot of things done that wouldn't have gotten done if we didn't have this 'extra' time on our hands. To maybe get back in touch with ourselves. And god knows we're eating well... I've been a cooking fiend. The trick will be to not gain a bunch of weight lol.

I hope everyone out there is staying safe, playing this smart, and finding things to keep them occupied.

While smoking anything could be problematic, they seem to be referring to ecig use in their term 'vaping.' Not cannabis.
From the article: "Because Covid-19 attacks the lungs, those who smoke tobacco or marijuana or who vape may be especially threatened, Volkow said."

Just trying to flatten the curve, harm reduction is our goal.

From the article: "Because Covid-19 attacks the lungs, those who smoke tobacco or marijuana or who vape may be especially threatened, Volkow said."

Just trying to flatten the curve, harm reduction is our goal.
The part about smoking is specific as to tobacco or marijuana, they don't get as specific about vaping marijuana. It reads as if vaping refers to tobacco. Frankly, any article that still uses the outdated term 'marijuana ' doesn't sound to reliable to me.
How would my not vaping 'flatten the curve', exactly?

The part about smoking is specific as to tobacco or marijuana, they don't get as specific about vaping marijuana. It reads as if vaping refers to tobacco. Frankly, any article that still uses the outdated term 'marijuana ' doesn't sound to reliable to me.
How would my not vaping 'flatten the curve', exactly?

This is from a Redditor who I believe deleted their post:

I recovered from a mild case of COVID-19. I found vaping (and especially smoking) made the recovery take longer. I kept feeling like I was getting better and then whenever I vaped/smoked I started feeling really shitty again. I don't know exactly what the connection is, but I think it's best to avoid at the moment. Be safe everyone.
Edit: Just wanted to add, I've been using edibles as well and they haven't seemed to cause the same negative effects. So it's clearly a lung issue.
Edit: Another thing to clarify.. someone posted an article below showing that THC may suppress immune function, regardless of how it's consumed. So, edibles may not actually be a solution.

COVID-29 Patients Should Avoid THC
https://www.nbc-2.com/story/41913855/covid-19-patients-should-avoid-thc
Sources below

https://www.karger.com/Article/Fulltext/481824
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3551428/

THC weakens the immune response in this limited research. Looking for research on COVID-19 specifically with humans using cannabis isn't going to be found at this point, we have to rely on data for other viruses and respiratory infections, influenza in some of this research. In Maine, we have cases of folks having COVID-19 and Influenza comorbid/coinfected, whatever you want to call it.

Researching cannabis has not been easy in the US. Folks who want to see human research with cannabis and COVID-19 are expecting a miracle at this point. Up until 2014 when states started legalizing, getting any type of federal approval and access to NIDA US Government grown cannabis (who had a monopoly until recently since they've opened up access & licensed facilities like Universities primarily with proper vaults for cultivation/storage and all kinds of red tape around that and started allowing importation of cannabis for research). Prior to 2014, most research was coming from California and there was some positive things shown with things like pain management and other conditions. Most of this research started occurring after Prop 215 past in 1996 in California, but there were some pioneers who conducted research themselves like Dr. Tod Mikuriya and a few hundred others across the globe prior to 1996. Not sure what the numbers look like today as this climate has changed in regard to Canada, Israel, the Netherlands etc.

For federally approved research, the only way you could get cannabis from the University of Mississippi (US Gov't) was to show negatives regarding cannabis usage. For researchers who submitted applications with the intent of showing negatives, they would be barred in the future from access if the research they conducted actually showed something positive compared to what was in the application.

As far as flattening the curve, a robust immune system puts you in the 80% who can recover on your own without need for hospitalization or being on a ventilator. Stay safe, stay strong, stay positive and stay healthy.

Last edited:
This is from a Redditor who I believe deleted their post:

I recovered from a mild case of COVID-19. I found vaping (and especially smoking) made the recovery take longer. I kept feeling like I was getting better and then whenever I vaped/smoked I started feeling really shitty again. I don't know exactly what the connection is, but I think it's best to avoid at the moment. Be safe everyone.
Edit: Just wanted to add, I've been using edibles as well and they haven't seemed to cause the same negative effects. So it's clearly a lung issue.
Edit: Another thing to clarify.. someone posted an article below showing that THC may suppress immune function, regardless of how it's consumed. So, edibles may not actually be a solution.

COVID-29 Patients Should Avoid THC
https://www.nbc-2.com/story/41913855/covid-19-patients-should-avoid-thc
Sources below

https://www.karger.com/Article/Fulltext/481824
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3551428/

THC weakens the immune response in this limited research. Looking for research on COVID-19 specifically with humans using cannabis isn't going to be found at this point, we have to rely on data for other viruses and respiratory infections, influenza in some of this research. In Maine, we have cases of folks having COVID-19 and Influenza comorbid/coinfected, whatever you want to call it.

Researching cannabis has not been easy in the US. Folks who want to see human research with cannabis and COVID-19 are expecting a miracle at this point. Up until 2014 when states started legalizing, getting any type of federal approval and access to NIDA US Government grown cannabis (who had a monopoly until recently since they've opened up access & licensed facilities like Universities primarily with proper vaults for cultivation/storage and all kinds of red tape around that and started allowing importation of cannabis for research). Prior to 2014, most research was coming from California and there was some positive things shown with things like pain management and other conditions. Most of this research started occurring after Prop 215 past in 1996 in California, but there were some pioneers who conducted research themselves like Dr. Tod Mikuriya and a few hundred others across the globe prior to 1996. Not sure what the numbers look like today as this climate has changed in regard to Canada, Israel, the Netherlands etc.

In regard to federally approved research, the only way you could get cannabis from the University of Mississippi (US Gov't) was to show negatives regarding cannabis usage. For researchers who submitted applications with the intent of showing negatives, they would be barred in the future from access if the research they conducted actually showed something positive compared to what was in the application.

As far as flattening the curve, a robust immune system puts you in the 80% who can recover on your own without need for hospitalization or being on a ventilator. Stay safe, stay strong, stay positive and stay healthy.
You haven't shown anything to seriously indicate cannabis suppresses the immune system. For that matter, if my immune system were great, I might not have this now. I also have asthma, which put me at risk. Cannabis or no cannabis, I was at risk. I'm also vaping, and thus far have managed to stay out of the hospital. You have someone from Reddit saying he felt it made his recovery "take longer ", but how long it takes to get better, well, over it, etc. isn't known. I think it helps me. It is the opinion of family members that I do better vaping than not. Constant adjustments are made, but made at home. My staying home, and washing hands, etc. has helped more in "flattening the curve" than anything. If you can honestly tell me that I would be better off not vaping, how long recovery takes with and without vaping, what additional damage and complications cannabis causes with COVID-19 vs. what the course of the illness would have been without cannabis, etc, I'd be interested, but there isn't much information. It's early days, but that doesn't mean people won't form opinions before important knowledge is acquired.
Not enough masks, ventilators, and other needed supplies are a problem. People having parties and ignoring distancing and sheltering are problems. People not washing hands, problem. My vaping isn't the problem here.

Last edited:
You haven't shown anything to seriously indicate cannabis suppresses the immune system.
OK. You gotta do what you gotta do. The data is there. Talk with your doctor, I'm just passing along as much data as I can.

OK. You gotta do what you gotta do. The data is there. Talk with your doctor, I'm just passing along as much data as I can.
I appreciate that you want to get information out, but the question hasn't been answered. I'm also on megadoses of an immunosuppresant right now. Is that OK with you, or will that be a problem? My immune system seems to be of concern. Is only one of my medical choices an issue? Why just cannabis? I'm deadly serious about this topic. I'm willing to research, speak to medical professionals, keep up with WHO and the EDC on the matter. I will live with my choice. Or not. I think it's important to get facts out, but it's important that facts get out. We just don't know yet. We barely know anything about COVID-19. Good news, knowledge base is growing. Bad news, knowledge base is growing.
I'm not saying people should use or not use cannabis. I'm not saying they should use it now. I'm saying, as an adult, as an asthmatic who's lung function improved dramatically after starting vaping, I am willing to actually listen to my lungs in this matter. I only make medical choices for myself. It's not as if there is much more on offer. It's not as if every medication I'm on doesn't have serious side effects. You can't tell me I will get better if I don't vape, and worse if I do. I really would like to know. It's important. This isn't something I take lightly, or have a pet theory on. I stop vaping, my breathing gets worse. I vape, it improves, I can breathe deeper, and it hurts less. I can cough up debris. There are antivirulent properties in cannabis. It is an anti-inflammatory and bronchodilator. What if it's a helpful medication, once again being maligned with little to no information? I don't know. What I do know, is it's frustrating to not have answers.
But, please be patient. I'm very ill, very scared, trying to live through a pandemic with symptoms of said illness, a suppressed immune system, bronchitis and uncontrolled asthma, after two major surgeries with complications including infection and pancreatitis. This is on top of two years of being beaten and poisoned, and dealing with physical after effects and PTSD. I think I will live, but no one will be surprised if I don't. One day, studies will be done, and we will be able to look back and see if vapers did better or worse. I will say, I was vaping before I knew I had this. You might be. The question becomes, do I continue? Or stop? What is reasonable dosage? Megadose or microdose? With or without paprika?

Last edited:
I don't know.
Neither do I. I'm not a doctor, that's why I mentioned you should talk to yours, but that is your choice. I just wanted to share the data I've found so folks like you and other forum readers can see the information and present it to their physicians if they aren't aware of the data or how to interpret it around this pandemic. I wish you the best, we all gotta breathe and stay healthy. I have family who are on immunosuppressants so this hits home for me too.

I provided the background on cannabis research because some folks who are new to cannabis have no clue as to the obstacles that needed to be overcome in the past to get research approved and completed in the US and why it may be lacking in some regards. This is new territory in so many aspects.

Wishing you health and a quick recovery! Stay positive and Just Say Know.

Here in NY Tomoro will start human trials of Hydrochloroquine and Azithromycin in attempts to 86 this virus quicker, I'm not sure about Cali, or other states as of now, it's been used in Chad Africa with success againt malaria, locals are not getting CV19 like in other countries.

It's fair to say that other things being equal, it's better to use only those substances which are required to support your best health. All medications have unwanted effects at some dose.

Also read articles about the immune suppressing effects of cannabis. It's a leap to conclude that those effects are relevant to coronavirus infection, but it's a valid concern, IMO.

Recently had occasion for a refresher on mucocilliary clearance. It's a remarkably complex process that's very easily disrupted. It's also essential for clearing particles from our lungs. If you want it working as it should, inhaling nothing but air is the way to go. Personally, take T-breaks with colds or flu.

Hand washing music.

Wow, has he aged since last I saw him....which was Kennedy Center Honors Award show, I believe.
Was that in 2011? Yea he looks more like a country singer now.

Hand sanitizer has been a quandary for me. It is only a secondary measure until I'm near soap and water. All the local places got wiped out of not only Hand sanitizer, but also all the ingredients to make your own. :rant: Much less if it is even a good idea to make your own. I know that a lot of businesses are stepping up to the demand. Including some small businesses that manufacture alcohol. Its a matter of the supply chain catching up with the panic. And then there is those gouging opportunists who fortunately have been thwarted. Seriously, F**K people like this guy.

Well I did order a CBD sanitizer from CBD Living. The reviews are worth checking out. So hopefully that will arrive and I can come to depend on it when I do step out to the store or local laundromat. Been putting off laundry because of 'Social distancing'. :uhoh:

I'm not recommending anybody to try to make your own Hand sanitizer. Still delving into that subject myself. But KIM that having a 60% ALC ratio is actually better to use then straight 99% ALC. Masks is another thing I'm trying to delve into. 'N95' is a filtration rating and the coronaviris micron size. This article contains info including the micron size.

Can Masks Protect People from The Coronavirus?
https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/coronavirus-pollution-masks-n95-surgical-mask/

So don't be converting bras into face masks and expect it to work. :lmao:

Last edited:
So don't be converting bras into face masks and expect it to work.
I don't care. I want Jennifer Aniston's left cup...I think it would be a perfect fit and I now have an excuse to walk around with it on my face!! hahahahaha

F**K people like this guy.
What an absolute CUNT, trying to sell hand sanitizer for US$70ea after buying up all the local (and not so local) stock. Hopefully proper stocks will send him bankrupt as you don't need assholes like this getting ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back