Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so sick of this shit already. Hello 2021 I’m anxious to meet you. :peace:
I wear a mask when I go out to any kind of store front. It’s the least we can do until this bullshit subsides.

but I think this is a stark reminder of how fragile our whole existence is. But it’s also a reminder of who is in control. Just keep an open mind and don’t dismiss evidence that might seem conspiratorial.

I sure hope this is all over in 2021, but I'm not so sure! I agree with your statement about not just brushing off evidence, but I will add that all evidence must be scrutinized. It seems like everyone has something to gain from this virus. They now have several "mask stores" open where you can purchase the design of your choice. One thing I do like about that is it adds an element of individuality - but still, people are making a killing off this. Remember when they said gas prices were supposed to drop to $1? Only went down to about 2.50 around these parts...

Think about smashing the virus as the United States as a whole group - as everyone. It would be like when there’s a hurricane, wild fires or an earthquake. We all do this together as Americans or as part of the earth. Remember how patriotic people were after 911? What I’ve been seeing has been the opposite in some areas and with some attitudes of people. It’s been frustrating seeing those crowding the beach and 600 people having a block party, WTF!

Wearing a mask, staying apart and keeping your hands clean should be the patriotic thing to do. Just thinking.

Wearing a mask, staying apart and keeping your hands clean should be the patriotic thing to do
That sounds like a good plan to knock this all on the head, so I doubt it will happen.:frown:

Lol at nano tech or chips being injected via covid testing :rofl:

Why start a world pandemic just to do that

We are aware that nano technology if happening could happen via many methods aren't we?
Our drinking water for example??? (Or is that solely for our fluoride "dumbing us down"?????) Lol
Or many other methods or medicines or food etc

It doesn't need to be injected
It also can be injected or ingested via many forms - if a thing at all
Nano technology and nano bots just need to enter the system one way or another if you study your conspiracy fully

Why wait till now to do this????

I always thought it was funny how anti vaxxers (who mostly are too young to see or know the horrible diseases that no longer exist thanks to vaxing) have all these conspiracys

I mean
We vaccinate our dogs.....to save them from dying of Pavo or kennel cough or heartworm etc etc etc
Is that also a conspiracy?
Are they trying to chip our animals?
Or give them autism
Or dumb them down?
Or weaken their immune system?

@voyciz perhaps it's bs, however anything BG aka GAVI says i view with skepticism, follow the money..plenty of 'conflict of interest$'. MG creeps me out with that fake cringe of a smile at the end.

Wag the dog..

Last edited:
We have been vaccinating folks for years. Polio was a devastating illness that was combated from using vaccinations. Was polio a conspiracy? What about rubella measles? My gosh! Our children have had to be vaccinated for years against major diseases. People stopped vaccinating against measles and guess what? It started to emerge again. What about mumps? I remember how horrible that was like. I had an uncle that had mumps as a child and it left him sterile. The mumps were in his scrotum.

I know many don’t like vaccinating their children but it’s required for kids in our area to go to school. What about getting medication to help people to recover from hepatitis? I’ve had a series of vaccination to protect me against hep B.

Everything is not a conspiracy theory. All of these fairy tales are hurting peoples health. It’s good to be cautious but don’t go overboard. Check out different resources. Be careful where you get your info. A lot of BS out there for sure.

It’s bizarre how people are so quick to dismiss something that doesn’t fit into their way of thinking.
All I’m saying is be open minded.
I’m not saying don’t wear a mask and this is all fake.

but it’s pretty obvious that we’re not being told the truth about this virus or we simply just don’t know much about it.
I agree do your research, check your sources. I mean if you’re going to believe Dr. Fauci‘s opinion on everything without checking other sources and other doctors’ opinions then OK. Not sure how that qualifies as “doing your research“ lol

And also just in regards to the vaccine part. covid vaccine is being fast tracked without enough testing that in itself is Worrisome.
vaccines have to go through many trials and testing before it’s released to the public but apparently not the COVID-19 vaccine.
I think there’s definitely some inherent danger or worry about injecting something into myself that hasn’t even been tested properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of AF...
Throwing out the first pitch:rofl:
just-a-bit-outside.jpg

I agree the “Warp Speed” vaccination for covid is a major red flag IMO. I won’t be taking the first 100 million doses. Eventually I may take the vaccination but I’m a bit nervous something that’s studied for such a short time. I don’t trust it all, not to be political but I’m afraid they will hurry the vaccine to give out before the election. Now here I go - that’s my conspiracy theory. I get sucked in too but it’s an honest concern. I don’t trust those in the highest position either. It’s good to be skeptical and question others. It doesn’t seem like they have the best concern for our health. We were told this was a hoax. How many have died?

Edit
To be honest I didn’t study up on the polio vaccine but I know how devastating the disease was. Sounds like it needed to be studied longer. I cant wait to get back to somewhat of a normal like.

edit again

(CBS News) - A judge representing a Texas county on the U.S.-Mexico border said a local hospital has been forced to choose “who is sent home to die” as resources run thin due to the coronavirus pandemic. The county, which has a population of roughly 64,700 people, has just one hospital to treat what one official called “an exponential” spike in coronavirus cases.
"Unfortunately, Starr County Memorial Hospital has limited resources and our doctors are going to have to decide who receives treatment, and who is sent home to die by their loved ones," Starr County Judge Eloy Vera wrote on the county's Facebook page on Thursday morning. "This is what we did not want our community to experience. ... We must be responsible for ourselves and our loved ones."
Vera said he plans to issue a shelter-in-place order, but stressed that it is only as good as how many participate.

Last edited:
As long as our noble leaders get the least weight of all.
Who Gets the Covid-19 Vaccine First? Here’s One Idea
A weighted lottery gives everyone a chance at a drug or vaccine in short supply. But some have a better shot than others.

By Gina Kolata
July 23, 2020

A preliminary plan devised by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention this spring gives priority to health care workers, then to people with underlying medical conditions and older people. The C.D.C. has not yet decided whether the next in line should be Blacks and Latinos, groups disproportionately affected by the coronavirus...

If shortages happen, most of the nation will have no chance to get the initial lots of a vaccine under the C.D.C.’s plan. And as the United States combats a soaring number of coronavirus cases, rising demand for drugs and maybe ventilators is expected. They, too, will need a fair system of distribution.

One solution that is starting to attract the attention of public health experts is a so-called weighted lottery, which gives everyone a chance at access, although some get a better shot than others.

Doctors and ethicists rank patients, deciding which groups should be given preference and how much. First-responders, for example, may be weighted more heavily than, say, very sick patients who are unlikely to recover...

“We would like to get people to think ahead about how vaccines are allocated,” [Dr. Pathak] said. “There is no way we can vaccinate everybody, so we have to think about what’s fair and what’s just.”
Anti-vaxxers could auction their tickets!

Found much of this history surprising. Some may remember.
What to Expect When a Coronavirus Vaccine Finally Arrives
Sobering lessons from the history of the polio vaccine.

By Elena Conis, Michael McCoyd and Jessie A. Moravek
Ms. Conis is a professor at the University of California, Berkeley, where Mr. McCoyd and Ms. Moravek are doctoral students.
May 20, 2020

But America’s experience with polio should give us pause, not hope. The first effective polio vaccine followed decades of research and testing. Once fully tested, it was approved with record speed. Then there were life-threatening manufacturing problems. Distribution problems followed. Political fights broke out. After several years, enough Americans were vaccinated that cases plummeted — but they persisted in poor communities for over a decade. Polio’s full story should make us wary of promises that we will soon have the coronavirus under control with a vaccine...

Finally, in April 1954, a promising vaccine, developed by Jonas Salk’s laboratory at the University of Pittsburgh, entered a large, yearlong clinical trial. On the day in 1955 when the press officers greeted the reporters in Ann Arbor, they shared the results: The vaccine, containing inactivated polio virus, was safe. It was also 80 percent to 90 percent effective in preventing polio.

The federal government licensed the vaccine within hours. Manufacturers hastened into production. A foundation promised to buy the first $9 million worth and provide it to the nation’s first and second graders. A national campaign got underway.

But less than a month later, the effort ground to a halt. Officials reported six polio cases linked to a vaccine manufactured by Cutter Laboratories in Berkeley, Calif. The surgeon general asked Cutter to recall its lots. The National Institutes of Health asked all manufacturers to suspend production until they met new safety standards. Federal investigators found that Cutter had failed to completely kill the virus in some vaccine batches. The flawed vaccines caused more than 200 polio cases and 11 deaths.

The vaccine program partly restarted two months later, but more mayhem followed. With the vaccine in short supply, rumors spread of black markets and unscrupulous doctors charging exorbitant fees. One vaccine manufacturer planned to vaccinate its employees’ children first, and then sent a letter to shareholders promising their children and grandchildren priority access, too.

States asked the federal government to create a program to ensure fair distribution. A Senate bill proposed making the vaccine free to all minors. A House bill proposed free vaccines only for children in need; according to newspaper accounts from the time, discussion of the bill triggered an “angry row” that forced the speaker to call a “cooling off” recess. The $30 million Polio Vaccination Assistance Act that President Dwight Eisenhower signed that August was a compromise that essentially let states decide for themselves.

Polio cases fell sharply over the next few years. Then in 1958, as national attention began to flag, cases ticked back up — among the unvaccinated. Polio cases clustered in urban areas, largely among poor people of color with limited health care access. States’ “pattern of polio,” government epidemiologists noted, had become “quite different from that generally seen in the past.”

Three years later, the federal government approved an oral polio vaccine, developed by Albert Sabin’s laboratory in Cincinnati, containing weakened, not inactivated, virus. By the end of that year, polio infections were down 90 percent from 1955 levels. In 1979, the country recorded its last community-transmitted case.

not to be political but I’m afraid they will hurry the vaccine to give out before the election.
Yeah....right. Clearly not political....FFS.

1595623828318.png

1595623850179.png

1595623881470.png

1595623935865.png

1595623964357.png

1595623993875.png

1595624023223.png

1595624079164.png

1595624103933.png

And finally, apparently not all things are cancelled in WA

1595624219568.png

1595624241066.png

I'm not at all sure what to make of this...I am so skeptical of "MJ cures everything" snake oil that I don't know what to believe.

Cannabis Terpenes And CBD Outperform Leading COVID-19 Treatment In Early Trial

A combination of CBD and terpenes was three time more effective in stopping coronavirus-related inflammation run amok compared to dexamethasone.
Public health officials have lamented the rush to locate a reliable Covid-19 treatment has led to “desperation science,” marked by maverick experimentation and faulty research. And while skeptics may lump cannabis in with that description, early trial results indicate otherwise.

We previously reported that several Israeli companies were exploring what role CBD and cannabis terpenes could play in fighting the coronavirus. Researchers reported that CBD’s anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties might provide key resistance against the coronavirus. It has to do with the cytokine storm caused by Covid-19, which results in an inflammation hurricane in your respiratory system.
Your immune system can overreact and your lungs can shut down in severe cases. The few therapeutic treatments that have worked, according to researchers in this month’s issue of Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, have caused adverse side effects including pancreatitis and increased risk of heart disease. The researchers noted that CBD’s anti-inflammatory capabilities documented in previous studies are worthy of further exploration.
But Israeli researchers have found that combining CBD with cannabis terpenes could lead to far better results than CBD alone. Terpenes are known to provide marijuana’s aromatic properties, but also have shown therapeutic benefits on their own. According to Forbes, the Israeli study found a combination of CBD and terpenes was three time more effective in stopping inflammation run amok compared to the corticosteroid dexamethasone.
CBD & THC Oils Are Popular But Most Cannabis Ends Up Going To Waste

A recent study promoted by the World Health Organization just reported that dexamethasone, a cheap steroid, improved a coronavirus patient’s chance of survival. Dexamethasone reduced deaths by 36% among patients that needed breathing machines. The risk of death for those who only needed supplemental oxygen dropped 18%.
Israeli researchers in laboratory settings, meanwhile, tested dexamethasone against CBD treatment and a combined CBD and terpene formula. Dexamethasone inhibited cytokine activity by about 30%. On the other hand, the combined CBD and terpene formula inhibited about 90% of cytokines. Using CBD or terpenes alone resulted in a 75-80% reduction in cytokines.
“The preliminary results were highly positive,” Nadav Eyal, lead researcher and data scientist, told Forbes. He added that they’re “demonstrating significant anti-inflammatory activity of terpenes and breaking the perception that terpenes are just flavorings and fragrances compounds with a placebo effect.”
Of note: This is still a clinical trial and it’s important not to crown CBD and terpenes as the coronavirus savior just yet. The study still requires completion and publication in a peer-reviewed journal before it becomes a widespread therapeutic treatment. But these early results do showcase cannabis as a possible and useful tool against COVID-19.

Straying off-topic. A bachelor's perspective...

The secret to tofu is it must be very fresh. Get it from a local soy dairy. Eat a pound a day, uncooked. Takes care of all your protein needs.

Been sheltering in place for years. No reason to stop just because the pandemic is over.

Don't support these protests, or anything similar at this time. It's important, but the "some things are more important" reasoning is inconsistent and insulting. It's more important than loved ones lives? Not to everyone, and no one deserves to make that choice for anyone else. Worked in advocacy for many years, love a good protest, but we need to be creative and find safer ways to express our freedoms.

The secret to tofu is it must be very fresh. Get it from a local soy dairy. Eat a pound a day, uncooked. Takes care of all your protein needs
Ever try tempeh? It's fermented soy..Give it whirl:hungry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back