Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tumwater Fred Meyer Customer Was Asked to Put on a Mask. Instead, He Pulled Out a Gun

When a Tumwater Fred Meyer customer was asked by another shopper to put on a mask on Thursday, the man instead pulled out a gun and aimed it at the shopper, Tumwater Police say.
About 2 p.m. Thursday, Tumwater Police were dispatched to Fred Meyer on Trosper Road where a man shopping with his mother had allegedly pointed a gun at another shopper's chest after they asked him to put on a mask, according to Tumwater Police Officer Laura Wohl.
The man reportedly has a conceal carry permit and pulled the gun from a holster on his hip. After the gun was pulled, the victim walked away and 911 was called.
Officers arrived at the scene where Fred Meyer employees helped identify and locate the man who was shopping with his mother. Officers asked the man to disarm himself, at which point he became agitated. Police began approaching the man, but he began to pull away, growing increasingly upset. Officers then took the man down and pried the gun away from him.

The man was placed under arrest and charged with assault in the first degree, obstructing justice and resisting arrest.

This was not too far from my neck of the woods.
We want to get this problem under control like Canada and Europe. Are we really this stupid? Some states opened up too soon and won’t distance themselves or wear a damn mask. This is batshit crazy!! I’ve been tempted to ask folks to wear a mask, bad idea! This pandemic is bringing the best out in some and the worst out in others. My hat goes out to the hospital workers and those working at nursing homes.

That Karen video is hilarious I would have given extra points if I could have.

Last edited:
The padded cell is the right place for this thread as there is some absolutely insane posts here.

FB_IMG_1594428671306.jpg

My various news feeds are full of assorted "experts" who have nowhere near the actual qualifications in virology that Dr Fauci has. There is a very good reason he has served six presidents & lead the largely successful fight against AIDS.

Not only does he know what he is doing & trying to achieve but has the capacity to admit when he has been mistaken. The whole idea behind responding to a virus of this nature is adapting quickly & efficiently as you develop a greater understanding of how it does what it does. Exactly what Dr Fauci has done since day dot.

I watch each day with growing horror as America seemingly has a death wish. It is like some sections of society simply don't care how many people die. Die not a quick death but an incredibly painful & traumatic one.

We have no idea of the long term effects of this virus but most of what I have seen from qualified experts is not desirable. A virus that kills does not magically have no lasting consequences for those infected. It does not work like that.

The response requires unified leadership at all levels working towards a common goal. If those are different goals then it is next to impossible to achieve. Australia is largely unified in response regardless of political spectrum.

Where I live cases have spiked & looks like we will be headed back into a lockdown of some degree. It did not take much. Not much at all really. A bar here. A party there. People just doing what people do.

Sorry it took hitting close to home for the danger to become real @voyciz. Stay safe out there people & take sensible precautions to manage the danger to yourselves & loved ones.
FB_IMG_1595032933738.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tumwater Fred Meyer Customer Was Asked to Put on a Mask. Instead, He Pulled Out a Gun

When a Tumwater Fred Meyer customer was asked by another shopper to put on a mask on Thursday, the man instead pulled out a gun and aimed it at the shopper, Tumwater Police say.
About 2 p.m. Thursday, Tumwater Police were dispatched to Fred Meyer on Trosper Road where a man shopping with his mother had allegedly pointed a gun at another shopper's chest after they asked him to put on a mask, according to Tumwater Police Officer Laura Wohl.
The man reportedly has a conceal carry permit and pulled the gun from a holster on his hip. After the gun was pulled, the victim walked away and 911 was called.
Officers arrived at the scene where Fred Meyer employees helped identify and locate the man who was shopping with his mother. Officers asked the man to disarm himself, at which point he became agitated. Police began approaching the man, but he began to pull away, growing increasingly upset. Officers then took the man down and pried the gun away from him.

The man was placed under arrest and charged with assault in the first degree, obstructing justice and resisting arrest.

This was not too far from my neck of the woods.
We want to get this problem under control like Canada and Europe. Are we really this stupid? Some states opened up too soon and won’t distance themselves or wear a damn mask. This is batshit crazy!! I’ve been tempted to ask folks to wear a mask, bad idea! This pandemic is bringing the best out in some and the worst out in others. My hat goes out to the hospital workers and those working at nursing homes.

That Karen video is hilarious I would have given extra points if I could have.
I should refrain from enquiring
But wondering the ethnicity of this man who the police so politely wrestled the gun off him after he refused to disarm himself as opposed to shooting him?

Na conspiracy theories ay.......

On the covid thing I agree it's madness out there and many people are very ignorant from governments to public

Our gov is just as silly opening up too early and we are having some major second waves beginning
Who would have thought opening pubs and schools and having sport on again would spread disease????

Like it's hilarious watching the footy on tele on the news
Couple hours of hugging sweating spitting over each other
Then an interviewer uses a microphone on a long pole to "distance"

Anyway
I also loved the Karen video

Gotta love how people ignore issues in this world - whatever they be - until it affects them directly

Mega empathetic beings are humans.....not

@Madri-Guy is doing COVID testing. I'm seriously proud of him going out every day, and doing what he can to help. The other day we were approached by a man who started ranting that a team of 346 doctors and nurses were supposed to be testing, but were inserting the virus into people's brains along with a micro-chip. Not so long ago, this guy would have been looked at for a 5150, now there are those that would listen to him for medical advice. Anyway, I'm still proud of @Madri-Guy, but I didn't know about the microchip.

As @Baron23 might ask, SOURCE? This doesn't look too far off, based on the systematic review posted earlier. The authors of that appear not to have considered direction of transmission, but they estimate the risk of transmission with a mask to be 3.1%. Close to just the infected person (left) wearing a mask in your graphic (5%). Using 3.1% (5%) for the risk in both directions yields a much lower risk when both people are masked, 0.1% (.25%), so the accuracy of the 30% estimate in your graphic is very significant.

That said, your graphic would seem to support mask and social distancing mandates. Your opinions are difficult to decipher from previous posts, but you seem to have had mainly contempt for mask-wearing. Change of heart?

@Disrupt..opinions are like A holes, everyone has one.:tongue: What does my opinion really matter?? Don't have issues with masks however social control implications and mandates issued out for disobeying for not wearing one considering the massive flip flopping from the so called experts is something to ponder. I like to keep things fluid as the times dictate.

01-covid20200719.jpg

@Disrupt..opinions are like A holes, everyone has one.:tongue: What does my opinion really matter?? Don't have issues with masks however social control implications and mandates issued out for disobeying for not wearing one considering the massive flip flopping from the so called experts is something to ponder. I like to keep things fluid as the times dictate.

View attachment 19873
And they all stink ! :rofl:

Like the images @Helios. :thumbsup: I really needed to be informed and I'm also guilty of wearing my mask as a chin strap, when I'm not around people. :doh:
Well guess I need to rethink what I'm doing AGAIN. 6 months ago, it was 'Don't touch your face.' :ugh: A real bad habit of mine that I had to break with.

Still see people wearing masks with their nose uncovered. Wonder what percentage of risk that would be.
My various news feeds are full of assorted "experts" who have nowhere near the actual qualifications in virology that Dr Fauci has. There is a very good reason he has served six presidents & lead the largely successful fight against AIDS.
I watch each day with growing horror as America seemingly has a death wish. It is like some sections of society simply don't care how many people die. Die not a quick death but an incredibly painful & traumatic one.
That 'Facebook certified' image made my day. :lmao:There is a lot of the Dunning-Kruger effect on display in 2020. And everything can be politicized to the point of lunacy. :disgust: It's OK to be skeptical and question things. Even naive questions can unearth some truth. But some people feel they are experts with no expertise and exude their confidence over any form of reason outside of their bubble. Literally too stupid to realize they are stupid. Dunning–Kruger effect

As for me, I keep hitting the reset button as to what this virus really is with every report. Remember what we knew about the virus in March? or in 2019? All the true experts are willing to admit what they don't know and update. But it amazes me that some people still insist it's like the Flu or a global conspiracy. Even when 100's of thousands of deaths have occurred.

I'm actually praying for a vaccine or several for all the possible mutations. :angel2:

Helpful chart from NYT addressing the more testing = more cases claim. Links to animated version.

The average number of tests conducted nationwide has grown by 80 percent since early June, to 780,000 per day. Daily case counts have grown by 215 percent in the same period.

Thirty-one states show an increase in cases beyond what would be expected from expanded testing, if the severity of the outbreak had remained about the same. Florida, the state with the largest discrepancy, is reporting more than 11,000 new cases per day, on average, while only about 2,400 cases each day would be expected because of increased testing. California and Texas numbers are also far above what would be expected...

These numbers come from an analysis of data from the COVID Tracking Project, a volunteer organization that records the number of tests conducted and cases reported in every state.

But it amazes me that some people still insist it's like the Flu or a global conspiracy. Even when 100's of thousands of deaths have occurred.

I'm actually praying for a vaccine or several for all the possible mutations.

Hold on a sec. Just because there is a lot of death involved, doesn't mean it's not a conspiracy. It could be a very sinister conspiracy, though I truly hope the world hasn't come to that. I just don't know anymore.

Thanks for the tip on the masks @Helios, I always thought that was bad practice but wasn't sure. I too will stop this at once!

And they all stink ! :rofl:

Speaking of stink, I never realized how bad my breath smelled before, holy shit! I usually brush my teeth first thing in the morning and then eat breakfast on the way to work, guess I need to start carrying some mouthwash.

How often do yall wash your masks, by the way? Or do you just use throwaway ones?

Helpful chart from NYT addressing the more testing = more cases claim. Links to animated version.
Yes, but the CDC is now saying that the number of actual cases, due to asymptomatic cases, is maybe 10 times higher than currently confirmed cases. Actually 6-24 times but they are estimating 10 times higher.

This, along with idiotic behavior, will indeed drive positive test results upward but will also increase the denominator and have a significant impact on mortality rates.

Further on this:

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Dr. Robert R. Redfield blasted “misleading media reports” that have falsely claimed there are 24 times more infections than reported cases of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.

“Misleading media reports have suggested there are 24 times more SARS-CoV-2 infections than reported cases. As CDC has been saying, our retrospective estimate is that there were 10 times more cases than reported from the period where we’ve been examining antibody data: March through May,” Redfield said in a statement on Wednesday.

CNN ANCHOR ACCUSED OF ‘LUDICROUS’ CLAIM ABOUT HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE BY YALE PROFESSOR

He was apparently peeved at outlets citing a recent JAMA Network study that claimed “six to 24 times more infections were estimated per site with seroprevalence than with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) case report data.”

Gov. DeSantis on Florida investigating reports of COVID-19 test errorsVideo
“The JAMA article estimated that the range was as low as 6 times in certain areas. Moreover, the article also points out that in 10 jurisdictions sampled, somewhere between 1% and 6.9% of individuals in those jurisdictions are calculated to have had infection at some point based on antibody testing,” Redfield added.

Redfield said that of the 10 states used for the study, only one state was estimated to have 23.8 times more infections than reported cases.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

“But this may be due to underreporting or less testing done at the time the data was collected. The article indicates that the underreporting was in part due to asymptomatic individuals that were not seeking testing at the time,” Redfield said, adding that the study covered a time period from March through May.

“Today, we are testing more individuals and identifying more asymptomatic individuals than was able to be done previously,” Redfield said.

I can’t stand the governor of FL - just my opinion. He makes my head explode.
The visuals are pretty ridiculous,' says Hornblower Niagara Cruises vice-president

Dan Taekema · Thomson Reuters · Posted: Jul 22, 2020 1:37 PM ET | Last Updated: 1 hour ago
Niagarah-falls-boat-610x225.jpg

American tourist boat Maid Of The Mist, limited to 50 per cent occupancy under New York state's rules amid the COVID-19 pandemic, glides past a Canadian vessel limited under Ontario's rules to just six passengers, in Niagara Falls, Ont., on Tuesday. (Carlos Osorio/Reuters)
comments
The two boats tell very different stories.
Aboard Maid of the Mist VII, passengers in blue ponchos appear to fill the top deck and wrap around the lower level as it sails on the American side of Niagara Falls. The passing Canadian-run Hornblower is all but empty with just a handful of people wrapped in red, huddled in pairs near the railing.
Images of the boats cruising past each other below the iconic landmark have caused discussion to swell on social media, with many suggesting the stark contrast in passengers is symbolic of the difference in the Canadian and American approaches with Covid 19.

Prez was wondering what the 19 on covid -19 meant. What do you think the 19 is for? Not a bright guy.

Last edited:
A view that many people across this country have about many politicians of all parties and stripes. And I can offer some shining examples except that would introduce partisan politics onto the board which is a no-no, right?

@Helios what do you think of that Bill Gates video? Personally, I'm not buying it. If Bill Gates were up to something that big and evil, I don't think he'd be online bragging about it. Seems like they are taking his words out of context and putting a spin on them. I'm also leary of the AI-capable hydrogel in the vaccine idea...is there any actual evidence of this?

Yeah I'm about fed up with our governor as well (Newsom). How do these assholes get into office anyway? Surely not by way of votes.

@Baron23 good info, thank you.

I’m so sick of this shit already. Hello 2021 I’m anxious to meet you. :peace:
I wear a mask when I go out to any kind of store front. It’s the least we can do until this bullshit subsides.

but I think this is a stark reminder of how fragile our whole existence is. But it’s also a reminder of who is in control. Just keep an open mind and don’t dismiss evidence that might seem conspiratorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back