Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
No cited source = just random words from a message.

... so because i have no source makes it redundant even when you can look up the restrictions after vaccinated? :uhh:

edit: isn't this what critical thinking is about?? thinking for yourself? verifying information? but then again.... what sources are legit and which are not? no one will agree, but what i posted can be verified quite easily. can be proven or disproven easier than most in this thread...

... LMFAO, if that's how you understood my post, all the power to you man... but a better way to discredit me would be to prove all points are false... not just claim i got a message from a friend...

not just claim i got a message from a friend...
It is not a claim...
I called it as you explained it. You are the one that said it was a message from a friend....
..you even told us where he sent it from. You said:
... yes, a friend sent it to me from facebook...
However, I do see that you altered the original post and removed that revelation after my post...
but I had already saved it as a reference.
Altering the post does not make your revelation magically vanish.
I take each post I read at face value.

Last edited:
... yes, a friend sent it to me from facebook...

However I do see that you altered the original post and removed that revelation.
... i did now??? i never said it in the initial post, i answered to your post about no source. and it was also a screenshot of a facebook link, not a message. sorry if i messed that up... either way i was responding to @I'm Ron Burgundy? post about :
Taking the COVID shot does not stop the spread of transmission.
It hopefully lessens the severity of symptoms if you do get it.
which my screenshot from facebook post also says the same thing in it...

...you have not disproven anything in that picture but try to discredit me with no source and a facebook message/screenshot... i know some of those points are true at least in ontario....

:cheers:

However, I do see that you altered the original post and removed that revelation after my post...
but I had already saved it as a reference.
Altering the post does not make your revelation magically vanish.

... id like to see this...

I am not trying in any way to discredit you.
You're doing a fine job doing it to yourself.

Amazing... I never knew about the ignore button before.
I just tested it out, and it is a very useful tool. It makes the thread much more tolerable!
Sad part is if anything valuable is said by the "ignored" in a vaporizer thread, I won't get to learn from it...
But it's very unlikely that I would learn anything of value from anyone I have "ignored"!

Last edited:
:clap:

• Love
Reactions: arb
but a better way to discredit me would be to prove all points are false...

There's nothing to discredit, because there was never any credit to begin with. You attempted to support an assertion by repeating the assertion, presumably from a different source. (For all we know, your "friend" IS @I'm Ron Burgundy?)

As it happens, evidence disputing the assertion "Taking the COVID shot does not stop the spread of transmission" was recently reported. Perhaps you missed it in your frequent literature searches.

Single Dose Administration, And The Influence Of The Timing Of The Booster Dose On Immunogenicity and Efficacy Of ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (AZD1222) Vaccine

Posted: 1 Feb 2021
...There were 130 cases of asymptomatic infection occurring more than 14 days after the booster dose (COV002 UK cohort only). In the SDSD cohort there was no evidence of protection with VE of 2.0%, 95%CI (-50.7%, 36.2%, 41 ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 versus 42 control cases). However, in the LDSD cohort there were 47 cases and VE was higher at 49.3%, 95%CI (7.4%, 72.2%, 16 ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 versus 31 control cases). (Table 1)

Overall reduction in any PCR+ was 54.1% (44.7%, 61.9%), indicating the potential for a reduction of transmission with a regimen of two SDs.

Protection against primary symptomatic COVID-19 with a single SD vaccine was modelled against time since the first dose and showed no evidence of waning of protection in the first 3 months after vaccination (Figure 2A). A single standard dose of vaccine provided protection against primary symptomatic COVID-19 in the first 90 days of 76%, (95%CI, 59%, 86%), but did not provide protection against asymptomatic infection in the same period (VE 16%, 95% CI - 88%, 62%). (Table 2)

However, overall cases of any PCR+ were reduced by 67% (95%CI 49%, 78%) after a single SD vaccine suggesting the potential for a substantial reduction in transmission...

This article is a preprint in The Lancet, "an independent, international weekly general medical journal founded in 1823 by Thomas Wakley. Since its first issue (October 5, 1823), the journal has strived to make science widely available so that medicine can serve, and transform society, and positively impact the lives of people.Over the past two centuries, The Lancet has sought to address urgent topics in our society, initiate debate, put science into context, and influence decision makers around the world."

The authors and their affiliations:
Merryn Voysey
University of Oxford - Oxford Vaccine Group

Sue Ann Costa Clemens
University of Siena - Institute of Global Health

Shabir A. Madhi
University of the Witwatersrand - South African Medical Research Council Vaccines and Infectious Diseases Analytical Research Unit

Lily Yin Weckx
Federal University of Sao Paulo

Pedro M. Folegatti
University of Oxford - Jenner Institute

Parvinder K. Aley

Brian John Angus

Vicky Baillie
University of the Witwatersrand

Shaun L. Barnabas
Soweto Clinical Trials Centre

Qasim E. Bhorat
Soweto Clinical Trials Centre

Sagida Bibi

Carmen Briner
Setshaba Research Centre

Paola Cicconi

Elizabeth Clutterbuck

Andrea M. Collins
Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine - Department of Clinical Sciences

Clare Cutland
University of the Witwatersrand - South African Medical Research Council Vaccines and Infectious Diseases Analytical Research Unit

Thomas Darton
University of Sheffield - Department of Infection, Immunity and Cardiovascular Disease

Keertan Dheda
University of Cape Town - Centre for Lung Infection and Immunology

Alexander D. Douglas

Christopher J. A. Duncan
Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust - Department of Infection and Tropical Medicine

Katherine R. W. Emary

Katie Ewer

Amy Flaxman

Lee Fairlie
Wits Reproductive Health & HIV Institute (WRHI)

Saul N. Faust
University of Southampton - NIHR Southampton Clinical Research Facility and Biomedical Research Centre

Shuo Feng

Daniela M. Ferreira

Adam Finn
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust

Eva Galiza
University of London - St George's Vaccine Institute

Anna L. Goodman
University College London - Department of Infection

Catherine M. Green
University of Oxford - Clinical BioManufacturing Facility

Christopher A. Green
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust

Melanie Greenland

Catherine Hill
University of the Witwatersrand - South African Medical Research Council

Helen C. Hill

Ian Hirsch
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals

Alane Izu

Daniel Jenkin

Simon Kerridge

Anthonet Koen

Gaurav Kwatra

Rajeka Lazarus
North Bristol NHS Trust - Severn Pathology

Vincenzo Libri
NIHR UCLH Clinical Research Facility

Patrick J. Lillie
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust

Natalie G. Marchevsky

Richard P. Marshall

Ana Verena Almeida Mendes
Braziland Hospital São Rafael - Escola Bahiana de Medicina e Saúde Pública

Eveline P. Milan
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN)

Angela M. Minassian

Alastair C. McGregor
London Northwest University Healthcare

Yama Farooq Mujadidi

Anusha Nana
University of the Witwatersrand - Perinatal HIV Research Unit

Sherman D. Payadachee
Setshaba Research Centre

Daniel J. Phillips

Ana Pittella
Hospital Quinta D'OR

Emma Plested

Katrina M. Pollock
NIHR Imperial Clinical Research Facility

Maheshi N. Ramasamy

Hannah Robinson

Alexandre V. Schwarzbold
Federal University of Santa Maria (UFSM) - Clinical Research Unit

Andrew Smith
University of Glasgow - College of Medical, Veterinary & Life Sciences

Rinn Song

Matthew D. Snape

Eduardo Sprinz
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul

Rebecca K. Sutherland
Western General Hospital - Clinical Infection Research Group

Emma C. Thomson
Queen Elizabeth University Hospital

Mili Torok
University of Cambridge - Department of Medicine

Mark Toshner
Royal Papworth Hospital - Heart Lung Research Institute

David P. J. Turner
University of Nottingham

Johan Vekemans

Tonya L. Villafana

Thomas White

Christopher J. Williams
Anuerin Bevan University Health Board

Adrian V. S. Hill
University of Oxford - Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics; University of Oxford - Jenner Institute

Teresa Lambe

Sarah C. Gilbert

Andrew Pollard

Last edited:
'Patient Grills Doctor; Off the Record'

Good to see you again. It’s been a while. You’re here because your employer wants you to get tested?

That’s right, Doctor. It’s more or less an order. If I don’t comply, I can’t work for the company. I lose my job.

And you don’t want to get tested?

I have problems with the test.

What problems?

The number of cycles.

Excuse me?

Doctor, you’re aware they run the PCR test in cycles?

Sorry, never heard of that. What are you talking about?

Well, they take a swab sample from me. Then they amplify a tiny, tiny part of the sample many times. That’s what the test does. Each leap in amplification is called a cycle.

Fascinating.

The number of cycles determines the outcome. If they run the test at 36 cycles or higher, the result is meaningless. But at those high levels, there are many, many false positives. So I could easily register as “infected by the virus,” if the lab uses too many cycles.

Where are you getting all this information?

From a number of sources.

Name one.

Anthony Fauci.

Really?

Yes, Doctor. Let me read you a statement he made. July 16, 2020. “…If you get [perform the test at] a cycle threshold of 35 or more…the chances of it being replication-competent [aka accurate] are miniscule…you almost never can culture virus [detect a true positive result] from a 37 threshold cycle…even 36…”

Hmm. And how many of these cycles are labs using when they run the test?

The FDA and the CDC recommend up to 40 cycles, to look for evidence of the virus.

You’re sure you’re not overthinking all this?

No, Doctor, I’m not. It’s very straightforward.

The reason I ask—if what you’re saying is true, then millions of people have been wrongly diagnosed with COVID-19. Do you realize that?

I do. But right now, I’m worried about what’s going to happen to me if I take the test.

I’m not sure what you want me to do.

Well, I was hoping to get a note from you saying that I shouldn’t take the test. That there is a good chance of a false positive result.

I couldn’t do that.

Why not?

Because I would be making a blanket statement against the test, by implication.

And then?

The state medical board could yank my license to practice medicine.

Does the truth matter? Do facts matter?

Let me be frank. I think you’re misinterpreting what you’ve been reading.

Why do you say that?

Because if you’re right, the medical experts would all be wrong. And I don’t think they are. The test is valid.

How do you know?

Because they wouldn’t make such a gigantic mistake.

People do make mistakes. Even experts. Would you like to see my documentation?

That’s not necessary. You might be caught up in medical disinformation. It’s rampant these days. You should follow the guidelines. Go ahead, take the test. That would be my recommendation.

If the result is a false positive, I’d have to self-isolate for a week or two. Other people would have to move out of my home. They would have to get tested, too. And if I come down with a cough, or chills and fever, there would be a lot of pressure on me to get treated. You know, with toxic drugs, like remdesivir. When, actually, all I have is a common cold.

You’re jumping to all sorts of conclusions. I think you should speak with a COVID counselor. And maybe, a short course of therapy would help, too.

You mean psychological therapy?

I could refer you to a good person.

You think I’m a little nuts?

Just off-kilter. It happens. People with uninformed opinions can be persuasive. Perhaps you’re “under their influence.”

Or maybe you are, Doctor. Many so-called experts are uninformed.

I resent that. I spend every day helping people to the best of my ability. It’s not easy these days, believe me. I use every bit of my knowledge and experience to make a difference.

Well, then, you know how I feel when you suggest I’ve become mentally unbalanced.

There’s a difference. I’m offering a professional opinion. In this area, you’re not a professional.

I’m offering to show you evidence, documents. You don’t want to look at them. They might upset your apple cart.

They won’t.

How do you know?

Because I follow the highest authorities. The FDA, the CDC, the World Health Organization. I’m on very solid scientific and legal ground.

Legal ground? Are you suggesting I might sue you? Rest assured, I would never waste my time and energy. You’re golden. You’re protected. But that doesn’t mean you have your facts right.

You know, your wife and sister called the office. They said they want me to talk you out of your misguided opinions. They’re worried about you.

Here’s something else you can add to my pile of ideas. Testing labs never tell the patient or the doctor how many cycles they’re using in the PCR test. You can check with your staff. You won’t find that number on any of the lab reports.

We use an excellent lab. I don’t have any doubts about their work.

So you’ve got things buttoned up. You’re perfect.

I’m sad to say this is our last appointment. I won’t be seeing you anymore as a patient. When you find a new physician, let our office know, and we’ll forward your medical files to him or her.

Very good, Doctor. You pass.

What…? What are you talking about?

I’m now working as a contact tracer. I was asked to come in and ask you some questions and feel you out on the testing issue. The state medical board received a complaint from one of your patients, a John Jones.

I WAS CLEARED BY THE BOARD ON THAT MATTER MONTHS AGO. Mr. Jones came to my house at 4AM on a Sunday morning. He was hysterical. He’d heard that while he’d been sitting in my waiting room one afternoon, there was another patient there who subsequently tested positive for the virus. Mr. Jones was afraid he might have caught COVID from that patient. But you see, that other patient never tested positive. It was all a rumor. And my wife and I were out of town the weekend Mr. Jones came to my house. We were out of cell phone range. My service should have picked up his call, but for some reason they didn’t.

Yes, Doctor, we know all that. Nevertheless, we wanted to check up on you. Just to make sure.

I don’t appreciate this. We’re not living in a police state.

Actually, in some respects, we are. It’s necessary.

All that information you’ve just been feeding me about the test, the cycles, Fauci, the labs, and so on—

It’s all true. But we have to ignore it.

WHAT?

This is a State of Emergency. And in this situation, we need to follow orders. If we don’t, the whole system falls apart, and we’d be swimming in chaos.

What??

Don’t worry, Doctor. As I said, you’re golden. You’re protected. Unless you’re upset by what I just confided to you.

No…no…I’m fine. I was shocked to find out you’re operating undercover, so to speak. Since you’ve been a patient of mine.

I understand. All you need to do is stay on the straight and narrow. You back us up, we back you up.

Of course…thank you.

No problem. I’ll be going now. We’re all in the new normal these days. You never know who’s going to walk in your door. If you ever feel you’re experiencing onset symptoms of paranoia, I suggest you see a psychiatrist. I could recommend a very good man..

@I'm Ron Burgundy?

:rofl:

Wow, some interesting posts.

As far as I can tell, this thread is completely and utterly chock full of content that is not sourced....and much of it just bald opinion.

For the content that is sourced, if one wished to spend the time, contradictory valid sources can be found for much of it.

And, again as far as I can tell, the only content police on this board is @momofthegoons and her mods.

Death does not care about any of our posts
To paraphrase full metal jacket "the dead know only one thing, it is better to be alive"
Get vaccinated, wear a mask and respect each other........please!

I think you should speak with a COVID counselor.
I agree with this Dr.'s statement!
I suggest you see a psychiatrist. I could recommend a very good man..
I applaud the Dr. for offering support
....and much of it just bald opinion.
Thank you for an intelligent statement amidst a sea of blather.
Death does not care about any of our posts
To paraphrase full metal jacket "the dead know only one thing, it is better to be alive"
Get vaccinated, wear a mask and respect each other........please!
I LOVE it when wisdom, common sense, and respect for fellow man reigns supreme!
the only content police on this board is @momofthegoons and her mods.
I believe that @momofthegoons may be leaving this thread with as minimum a level of moderation as is possible.
It is a tricky maze to traverse, moderating a thread where parts are fact, and parts are invented....
Where paranoid delusions meet with pure logical impressions... and stick to their assertions even when they are whimsical.
@momofthegoons deserves respect and applause for allowing such leeway in a thread on her forum!

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1613183184563.jpg

This is SLC at 0921 this morning.
Numbers will remain high until this continues...just saying.

Amazing... I never knew about the ignore button before.
The only problem is if the ignored member starts/started any thread, all the threads started by that member becomes ignored and cannot be found until you unignore them.
bald opinion.
I am not bald, I have hair growing out of my ears!

I noticed on the news that the latest hot spot in Melbourne seems contained for now but also that the state premier said all the customers involved have been contacted (you have to sign a visitors book manually or digitally to dine at restaurants) and realized not much has been said about the Bluetooth Covid Tracking App that not many people downloaded including myself, stupid idea anyway, I never leave my Bluetooth, wifi or location turned on with my phone.

The only problem is if the ignored member starts/started any thread, all the threads started by that member becomes ignored and cannot be found until you unignore them.
I figured that out...
....Sad part is if anything valuable is said by the "ignored" in a vaporizer thread, I won't get to learn from it...
But it's very unlikely that I would learn anything of value from anyone I have "ignored"!
Before silencing anyone, I checked carefully at contributions made through the forum's history, and felt secure in the realization that I would
miss out on further contributions.
@LesPlenty ...I want you to know just how much I appreciate your having mentioned that to me. While I considered that, you never know- I might not have.
It was a good gesture to point it out!:nod:

I found out the hard way...spending ages trying all sorts of search words until I found this out...a shame really as it is handy, also on FC I would keep getting notices to new posts on threads from 'Ignored Member' Not sure if that is the same here.
I also tried to Ignore Stu on FC due to his god bothering avatar but you can't block mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back